Helpless Team

Hey guys, It's ra02 here and I'm bringing you a glimpse of my (terribly suckish) team.
I've had about 30 battles so far, and my winning percentage is about 50%+ which does suck, considering that before I left smogon my winning percentage was about 75%.. but anyways here's the team preview
Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Night Slash

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Synthesis

poot (Tornadus) (M) @ Damp Rock
Trait: Prankster
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Hurricane
- Rain Dance
- Hidden Power [Water]

Nidoqueen (F) @ BlackGlasses
Trait: Poison Point
EVs: 252 HP / 104 Def / 96 SDef / 56 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Roar
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Trait: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Tri Attack
- Recover

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Haze

So with all that tiddly-doo, let's start. (with the useless ONE)

[pimg]291[/pimg]
Ninjask @ Focus Sash
Trait: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Protect
- Baton Pass

Yes, a baton passer. I've never had a succesful attempt at sweeping with this one and it's tier perfectly tells me why i shouldn't have used it.. -.-
It can also be used to surprise others with swords dance.
Tbh I can't really describe this pokemon because I don't think it has a specific role with my team, so i wanna change it ASAP.
(a gligar & sableye counter would be terrific)

next up...

[pimg]214[/pimg]
Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Man, this guy's just so awesome. Once close combat tears 1-2 pokemon, you're in a great position to sweep (f**k you Ghost Types)
It's pretty dang useful and has a pretty good synergy with it's fellow sweeper,
Shaymin. Megahorn is used as a STAB and it is pretty dang powerful.
Stone Edge and Earthquake forms the Edgequake combination which has a pretty solid neutral coverage. The only problem for it is Gligar, which I can;t handle easily.. but when the next 'mon comes in, it can spell trouble for Gligar.

Shaymin @ Choice Specs
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Psychic/Giga Drain

Believe me or not, Specsmin can 2HKO Gligar with Seed Flare and with good reliability, since most Gligars have defensive sets and the only offensive move they have is EQ, and that doesn't bother Specsmin too much. 100 base speed is reliable and 100 base SPatk + Choice Specs is undeniably strong. Although Azelf can outspeed Shaymin, It normally sticks to setting up first and it gets blown away by Seed Flare. Air Slash and Earth Power is for coverage. Psychic is, too. But sometimes I use giga drain to help get some HP, making Shaymin stay in longer.

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
Trait: Poison Point
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 120 SDef / 4 Spd
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic Spikes
- Stealth Rock

The Rocks Setter, and the heart of the team, NIDOQUEEN!:heart::heart::heart:
Well, I said that because this team functions well when Toxic Spikes and Stealth Rocks are laid down.
It makes pokemon so much easier to kill. KILL. KILL.
It also makes stall easy :trollface:
Dragon Tail has ALOT of uses, like Phazing, spreading damage and Spreading Toxic. although it moves last when that happens the EVs are used to maximize Nidoqueen's longevity. EQ is STAB.
And to make longer NQueen's longevity...

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP / 132 SDef / 126 Def
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell/Body Slam
- Dragon Tail
- Protect

The Cleric of the team, and a part-time PHazer, Lickilicky!
This guy can take hits, alot of them. The moveset speaks for itself.
Wish is used for healing teammates with it's huge HP. Dragon Tail is used for well,.. Phazing. Protect is for scouting and Wishing. Although I can't choose between Heal Bell and Body Slam.
Body Slam is pretty screwingly amazing with the paralyze chance but it contradicts with T-spikes. Heal Bell is for removing stats. Which move should I choose?

Last, but definitely not the least~ (Ninjask is the least)
Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp
- Haze

Cofagrigus. The mummy spreading pokemon which kills the likes of Heracross.
This dude has a nice synergy with Lickilicky. Shadow Ball deals damage just in case of taunt, Pain Split is it's only way of recovery (other than the ever unreliable rest) WoW is for Physically Offensive mons and Haze is for Hazing. lol Cofagrigus is an amazing pokemon as it can force switches alot.
Although I'm thinking of a Trick Room Cofagrigus, not many people suggest it.
what are your thoughts?

Anyways guys, this was my team. I hope you rate it!
I TERRIBLY NEED YOUR HELP.

Hey ra02!
Your team has promise, but you might want to change shaymin from specs to life orb with synthesis. Running a set like this:
Shaymin@life orb/leftovers
Timid nature
252sp atk/252spd/4 hp
Seed flare
Air slash
Earth power
Synthesis
Leftovers could be used if you want to live longer. A more defensive spread could also be used.

As far as replacing ninjask, milotic might work as a check to gligar and sabelye. There are a ton of sets, but the best for your situation would be:
Milotic@leftovers
Bold nature
252hp/120def/136sp def
Scald
Rest
Sleep talk
Roar
Crocune could also be used, but he doesn't get a def boost when he's affected by status. There are also some weird blastoise sets like this, but avoid those. I hope it helped!

Iminyourcloset

OBJECTION! What do you mean I have a weakness now?!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
okay. Hi, nice team. If I seem pissy, it's because I had 90% of this typed, the my dumbass computer SENDS ME BACK A DAMN PAGE, ERASING IT ALL. Kthnx.

Okay team, cept terrible weakness to flying/ice/fire. Chandy, Darm, Rotom-H, Arcanine, and Victini, which one at least is usually found on nearly every UU team, will rip you to shreds, along with anyone strong and carrying Ice beam or a flying type move (Especially Tornadus-I in UU now). you need to change your team around a bit if you want that not to happen.

Also, I feel like you may be using lower-tier mons purely for cool points. If this is the case, I think you should consider other mons, because like you seem to be a bit clashing in your styles.
I see a BPer, two choice mons, then a Tspikes setter, then a really bulky cleric and a Hazing Wall.
Disregarding types, I feel you need to do one of three things: Either establish A) an offensive team
B) a stalling/Defensive team or
C) a better-transtionable Balanced team.

If A) I say this: Change Ninjask to something else(I would think Azelf, but idk)
Keep hera, he's fine, except change EQ for NightSlash/Pursuit/Aerial Ace for Coverage (Ground and Fight coverage is pretty much redundant).
Change Min to LO probs, or maybe even Lefties.
For Nidoqueen change it to Nidoking and use his offensive set (He even has SR)
for Lickilicky, there's always Porygon2, who has dem awesome defenses w/ eviolite.
as for Cofagrigus, there are a bunch of great pokemon to replace him with.

B)hm.. for more defensive, basically take out your first three pokemon, and go from there with type synergy and stall stuff. I'm not so good here.

C) For a transitioned balanced, you need tanks (Like Pory2 or Slowbro) maybe max 1 or 2 sweepers with only okay bulk (Like, idk, Azelf can usually take a hit) and maybe max 1 or 2 pokemon just meant for taking hits and not really for dishing out damage (Like, idk, Bronzong?) But I'm not very good here either.

Basically, that's what I really have to say. It's a nice skeleton, we just need to get meat on the bones, and do some transplants with pokemon. Make sense? Sorry I only gave in-general stuff, Honestly, that's really where I see your team. Oh, and btw: These are just my suggestions, if you think I'm superduper wrong, feel free to do what you want with your team. Just wanted to say that.
I wish you luck, hope I helped!

EDIT: Eh, Eh. I don't use either of the Nidos very often, so use whichever you want really. A dude probs uses it more than me, but hey, Nidoking gets SR w/ Sheer Force, if you want to use him! :D (must be tutor move, I guess)

No, Stealth Rock is legal with Sheer Force. But no, do not go Nidoking > Nidoqueen, as Nidoqueen's higher bulk is more ideal. I would suggest Sheer Force > Poison Point, Earth Power > Earthquake, and Bold Nature > Impish Nature. This allows Nidoqueen to hit a little harder. I also suggest Roar > Dragon Tail, as Roar can phaze through substitutes.

No, Stealth Rock is legal with Sheer Force. But no, do not go Nidoking > Nidoqueen, as Nidoqueen's higher bulk is more ideal. I would suggest Sheer Force > Poison Point, Earth Power > Earthquake, and Bold Nature > Impish Nature. This allows Nidoqueen to hit a little harder. I also suggest Roar > Dragon Tail, as Roar can phaze through substitutes.
I never knew roar can haze through subs, but hey, now i know and i can change it. And i thought i was running sheer force on nidoqueen but turns out I wasn't. A bit careless on my part there. I will try to test impish earth power and see if it works out.

Also i'm gonna try to use pory2 over lickilicky because i was just trying to use licker as a cleric, but i could try to use pory2 to be a tank. Thx for the suugestions guise!

In defense of Lickylicky, I've used it quite effectively in UU- if you can remove your opponent's fighting types, lickylicky can run a set of rest/talk/curse/dragon tail (wish illegal with dragon tail). This allows it to tank quite effectively- for instance, I run 252 hp/252 spdef/4 att, and after a curse or two i can take hitmontop close combats reasonably well (uninvested, I'm guessing, but still).

However, looking over your team, I'm very tempted to drop the balanced part and go for pure stall. If you were to do this, it would mean some major overhauls, but I think it could be effective. If you were to do this I'd suggest:

Shaymin --> Roserade
@black sludge
252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD Calm
-Leech Seed (Over sleep powder due to the amount of status on your team; helps wear down walls and provide extra recovery).
-Spikes
-Rest
-Giga Drain

Spikes + sleep/seeds. Restswitch for natural cure.

P2/Lickylicky --> Umbreon
Better version of the Lickylicky you're using:
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD Careful
-Wish
-Payback/Foul Play (I think it gets Foul Play through BW2 Move tutors, not sure though...)
-Heal Bell
-Toxic/Protect
Pretty straight forwards. It's not Chansey, but it still passes wishes like a charm.

Heracross --> Sableye
@Leftovers
252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD Careful
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Foul Play / Night Shade
Standard Sableye... if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right?

Coffin and Queen look good, although i might go a physically defensive spread on coffin, since you have plenty of specially defensive walls (if you follow my suggestions). I also would put rest-->pain split, since you have a reliable cleric in Umbreon.

Last but not least is Ninjask, and could really use a rapid spinner to help your team out, preferably one with phazing, since nidoqueen will want help (and when is it ever a bad idea to have phazing on a stall team?) This brings us to: Blastoise.

Ninjask --> Blastoise
@leftovers
252 hp/252 def/4 spdef
-Rapid Spin
-Foresight/Toxic (Foresight probably preferable due to the amount of status on your team).
-Surf/Scald (You have enough status with 2 WoW, Toxic on toise, and toxic spikes. Surf is superior).
-Roar/Dragon Tail (I'd go for roar again here, mostly because of all the Pokemon that like to abuse substitute in UU. Also gives you a chance to outpredict sub-cm raikou. With 3 layers spikes and stealth rock up, 1 switch in, sub, roar out, and switch in again takes enough health that it cant sub on the switch).

This would be a major overhaul, but i think it would be an interesting team.
Overview:
Nidoqueen
Cofagrigus
Roserade
Sableye
Blastoise
Umbreon
#Ragequit

Also, on a semi-unrelated note, Ninjask can be a very useful Pokemon in tiers up to Ubers- However, on your team he seriously lacks team support. None of your Pokemon could actually abuse Ninjask's boosts particularly well- Shaymin and Hera were choice locked, and the other three were defensive.

Enjoy!

I'm actually quite close to retiring once again in UU, probably because I don't fit in very well. But I still might continue here in UU, I just do not know. I feel forced to stay here in UU...

Yeah, the Nasty Plot Cofagrigus could actually add some more offense to SomeDrunkRockLee's ideal team for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)