The Everything NFL Thread - 2012 Season (Up til 2013 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calm down, we all know your boy Romo had nothing to do with those INTs. We are not the ones you need to convince. America's view of Romo as a choker was made worse today. Us hardcore fans pay little attention to INTs.

Saying that, it's funny how he has thrown one every game and in four games already has 80% of all of his 2011 INTs. Law of averages i guess. He had to come back to reality eventually.

"Just when we thought Chicago was all offense, its veteran D made a statement. Michael Wilbon"

the sports media literally does not watch sports, it turns out

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
"Just when we thought Chicago was all offense, its veteran D made a statement. Michael Wilbon"

the sports media literally does not watch sports, it turns out
Hahaha Jesus christ this is gold. Wilbon is always an idiot iirc. Offensive improvements in the offseason doesn't equal a philosophy change, especially when their offense has only really kicked ass in one game.

Man, who else thought that Rams-Cardinals would be a remotely exciting match five weeks into the season? Also more on the Rams

Titans: 2011 - 18th in yards allowed, 8th in points allowed ; 2012 - 31st in yards allowed, 32nd in yards allowed
Rams: 2011 - 22nd in yards allowed, 26th in points allowed ; 2012 - 14th in yards allowed, 16th in points allowed

Any player changes aside (I largely ignore that stuff), clearly Fisher leaving then Titans and finally ending up on the Rams was an underrated thing. I have given Fisher some flak for his teams' offenses myself, but you have to hand it to the guy, if he gets the St. Louis defense running like the Titans defense did at its best and Bradford gets a little better and stays healthy, the Rams should be headed toward some 11-5+ seasons in the future. Meanwhile the Titans are completely screwed and clearly need a better coach. Now granted last year the D looked good under a new coach, but usually it takes about exactly one extra year for a team to collapse under the weight of a new coach who cannot handle running the team the way it was previously run.

I still think that Fisher is not a fantastic coach, his teams end up with way too much variation between looking awful and amazing season to season, but thank god the Rams did not end up promoting McDaniels to head coach or anything.

As a side note, though, CaptKirby, the Rams defense last year was atrocious because of injuries.

The Rams in 2010 under Spagnuolo had a decent defense (12th in points, 19th in yards). 2011 was pretty bad, but they were hit really hard by injuries and lost five cornerbacks to injuries (happened to find this link: http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2011/11/19/2573223/st-louis-rams-injury-report-rodger-saffold). Now, I can't say anything about the state of the Rams current defense, or anything about the Titans, but I thought I should point this out.

Well TuckAndRolle I do not really pay attention to bad teams so yeah you could be a lot more right than me. It also could just be turnover luck, heck if I know. Just pointing out something maybe worth thinking about again down the road this season. If Rams manage to out D the Cardinals tomorrow I am going to be laughing is all I know.

Man, who else thought that Rams-Cardinals would be a remotely exciting match five weeks into the season? Also more on the Rams

Titans: 2011 - 18th in yards allowed, 8th in points allowed ; 2012 - 31st in yards allowed, 32nd in yards allowed
Rams: 2011 - 22nd in yards allowed, 26th in points allowed ; 2012 - 14th in yards allowed, 16th in points allowed

Any player changes aside (I largely ignore that stuff), clearly Fisher leaving then Titans and finally ending up on the Rams was an underrated thing. I have given Fisher some flak for his teams' offenses myself, but you have to hand it to the guy, if he gets the St. Louis defense running like the Titans defense did at its best and Bradford gets a little better and stays healthy, the Rams should be headed toward some 11-5+ seasons in the future. Meanwhile the Titans are completely screwed and clearly need a better coach. Now granted last year the D looked good under a new coach, but usually it takes about exactly one extra year for a team to collapse under the weight of a new coach who cannot handle running the team the way it was previously run.

I still think that Fisher is not a fantastic coach, his teams end up with way too much variation between looking awful and amazing season to season, but thank god the Rams did not end up promoting McDaniels to head coach or anything.
I think the Rams are a really underrated team right now.

Funny thing is that they have the best quarterback in their division

<______________________<

I'm predicting Rams to win tomorrow night even. I don't think Kolb can keep getting it done, especially when the Cards' running game is utterly despicable.

The Cardinals biggest strenght in division battles are Special Teams. The only reason why the Rams beat the Hawks was special teams. This division will come down to special teams, as all have terrible/bad offenses going against good defenses. Which is why i think the Cardinals have the advantage in the division.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I think the Rams are a really underrated team right now.

Funny thing is that they have the best quarterback in their division

<______________________<

I'm predicting Rams to win tomorrow night even. I don't think Kolb can keep getting it done, especially when the Cards' running game is utterly despicable.
I thought I was the only other person who'd pick this....just like I almost did with the Cards vs Pats (and chickened out at the last min), Cards vs Eagles and Seahawks vs Cowboys (I think you picked the Seahawks right?). You and me share similar views with the NFC West haha.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Y'all aren't the only ones, I picked the Rams too :). Arizona sucks at traveling, and they've been bailed out in their wins this season. They have to come down to earth sometime, and it will be tomorrow.

I thought I was the only other person who'd pick this....just like I almost did with the Cards vs Pats (and chickened out at the last min), Cards vs Eagles and Seahawks vs Cowboys (I think you picked the Seahawks right?). You and me share similar views with the NFC West haha.
We have similar views on nearly everything sports related, except I was rooting for the Athletics and you weren't :X haha

But yeah, I absolutely do not see the Cardinals going into St. Louis and winning...they've been able to get it done when Kolb gets to play bad defenses, and they were able to beat Seattle because they were at home and the Cardinals are a magical home team. But in St. Louis? I don't know, I think the Rams are the exact same team with a slight advantage at quarterback and running back and slight disadvantage at defense. Therefore, I think home field is the deciding factor.

The Rams defense, while good, is still far from the other three.The Dolphins game was a fluke. Most teams will not be able to stop a breakout player due to lack of preparation. This happens all the time. Specially against a young-ish seconday with a team that blitzes. This is still a scary defense that will only get better as the year goes on. Like i said before, special teams will decide this game in the end...

Brochacho, ever since Killah said it was best to pick the home teams in the NFC West, I've been picking the home team. Except the 49ers.

In other news, I'm relatively certain that the NFC West is no longer the worst division in football. I think that honor either belongs to the AFC West (Two bad teams, one ok and one possible contender) or the AFC South (3 awful teams and the best team in the NFL)

The NFC West is 3-5 on the road and 8-0 at home this season. Last season they were 18-14 at home and 12-20 on the road.

I might have also picked the Rams.

Brochacho, ever since Killah said it was best to pick the home teams in the NFC West, I've been picking the home team. Except the 49ers.

In other news, I'm relatively certain that the NFC West is no longer the worst division in football. I think that honor either belongs to the AFC West (Two bad teams, one ok and one possible contender) or the AFC South (3 awful teams and the best team in the NFL)
wow you sure are timely with that bit of wisdom considering after just week 2 a lot of us were already saying the winner of the packers/49ers would probably decide the best division, and the 49ers won. Only the AFC South compares so far and in that case I think you just have to decide it based on the worst team - the Browns are infinitely worse than the Rams now.

You think St. Louis was watching some tape of the Miami-Arizona game? 5 called passes, and they moved 70 yards down the field and scored in about five minutes.

If this is how Arizona is going to play defense, they'll be lucky to get another win before Thanksgiving.

"Throw Him Some Love
The Cardinals haven't lost yet, so it might just be time to give Kevin Kolb some credit"

THE SPORTS MEDIA!!!! SO FUCKING STUPID HELP!!!!!! THEY LITERALLY DO NOT WATCH FOOTBALL GAMES, THEY JUST TALK ABOUT THEM!!!!

Rams with their first winning record since 2006! but of course our #1 receiver might be out 4-6 weeks with a broken collar bone....

The Rams defense, while good, is still far from the other three.The Dolphins game was a fluke. Most teams will not be able to stop a breakout player due to lack of preparation. This happens all the time. Specially against a young-ish seconday with a team that blitzes. This is still a scary defense that will only get better as the year goes on. Like i said before, special teams will decide this game in the end...
I'm trying to figure out if you're saying Tannehill's performance was the fluke or Arizona's defense's performance was the fluke......

Anyway, the Cardinals' offensive line has been fully exposed now, 17 sacks in two games is just bad, very bad.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Not just the sacks, although it's not like Kolb is a miracle-worker who is otherwise being sullied by poor offensive line play. Their rushing is even worse than their passing; they don't have an offense period and yeah the OL is a big factor in that. Having a shitty QB and a shitty RB corps makes for a gigantic pile of shit put out on the field every drive.

wow you sure are timely with that bit of wisdom considering after just week 2 a lot of us were already saying the winner of the packers/49ers would probably decide the best division, and the 49ers won. Only the AFC South compares so far and in that case I think you just have to decide it based on the worst team - the Browns are infinitely worse than the Rams now.
The Browns are in the AFC South now? :avatar2:

Did you mean: AFC North; Jacksonville Jaguars; Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)