Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Issuing an OPEN CHALLUNGE

3v3 Little Cup Doubles
2 Day DQ
Requesting Items=OK for Training Items
Arena:
Deep within the wild forests near Eterna City, strange things can happen. And I’m not referring to Rotom, though it is pretty strange. In a hidden glade inaccessible by most (it involves completing all of the Professor Layton games and Cat Mario in four hours with no internet access or hints , after you have used Judgment, Dark Void, Crush Grip, Seed Flare, Blue Flare, Bolt Strike, and Metal Burst on the grassy rock in a randomly predetermined order. This is especially difficult because Metal Burst requires the rock to hit your Bastiodon first, which requires a long time coaxing it into wakefulness with Junior Mints) resides the wizened old wizard Olofethe. Olofethe has been studying for an indeterminate amount of time, somewhere between fifty and five hundred years, in this timeless clearing, attempting to perfect the fabled essence transition process between Pokemon.
Fortunately, Olofethe has also built a helipad in his downtime, which means you, battlers, can come and test the essence transition process. It involves duplicating and transferring portions of your Pokemon’s “essence” to another Pokemon, so that the recipient becomes slightly more like the donor.
For the upcoming battle, Olofethe will use his essence transisting powers on each and every one of your Pokemon, mismatching their essences among them at both battler’s commands. Each Pokemon will receive another Pokemon’s essence for the entire battle, and each Pokemon’s essence may only be used once.
The recipient of an essence receives two of four possibly benefits:
-Four moves from the Pokemon’s movepool (only the moves the donor has purchased)
-One typing of the recepient’s choice. If the recipient is mono-type, they will become duo-type. If it is duo-type, state what type will be replaced.
-One ability of the recipient’s choice. If the recipient is Basculin, choose one ability to replace, otherwise, just add it on. If the Dream World ability is unlocked, it cannot be chosen.
-One stat of the recipient’s choice. This will replace the current stat, and can be HP or Speed.
Decide this all as the mons are sent out, and Olofethe will wave his decidedly unmagical stick around, then do some majorly difficult mathematical calculations, throw rocks at both Pokemon (beware scyther!), and then suddenly everyone has a Pokemon and a half where they previously just had one!
Example:
Leethoof: Go Vanguard @ Focus Sash! You’ll be taking on the essence of that conveniently placed Drifblim for this match against six fighting types without foresight! Vanguard will become a Rock/Ghost, and take Drifblim’s 125 HP for this battle!
Other non-Leethoof battler: Oh my poor Machamp@Black Belt! I’m so depressed that I will take Gallade’s essence, with its Psychic-typing, and learn Return, Frustration, Drain Punch, and Fire Punch!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
zomfg 5k posts. Shoutouts to everyone I know & have talked to, thing is, I am too lazy to write out shout outs individually... :/

Anyhow...

OPEN CHALLENGE

4v4 FE Singles (At least two Pokemon must have 30 or less moves)
2 Day DQ Time
2 Recoveries/5 Chills per Pokemon
2 Substitutions
Switch = OK
Abilities = All
Items = On
Arena: TELEPORTATION!
Field Type: Variable
Complexity: Variable
Format: Variable

Restrictions: Weather Effects, Room Effects, Entry Hazards, & Gravity only last until the end of a round, unless the same arena is rolled twice in a row, otherwise, Variable

Description: Yes, you better believe it! At the end of every round (And at the beginning of the match), the referee will roll a number between 0* & however many arena's there are in the arena compendium thread (Each representing an arena in the Arena Compendium Thread in chronological order). Whichever number you roll, for the next round, the battle will take place on that arena. Its as simple as that.

*0 represents the ASB Tournament Arena.

Concept Arenas don't count, either...Neither does TELEPORTATION! itself.

Summary: A new arena every round.

Who is up for it?
I'm game for the above everything seems to be covered so...
So...Anyone up to ref this?

3v3 Little Cup Doubles
2 Day DQ
Arena:
Deep within the wild forests near Eterna City, strange things can happen. And I’m not referring to Rotom, though it is pretty strange. In a hidden glade inaccessible by most (it involves completing all of the Professor Layton games and Cat Mario in four hours with no internet access or hints , after you have used Judgment, Dark Void, Crush Grip, Seed Flare, Blue Flare, Bolt Strike, and Metal Burst on the grassy rock in a randomly predetermined order. This is especially difficult because Metal Burst requires the rock to hit your Bastiodon first, which requires a long time coaxing it into wakefulness with Junior Mints) resides the wizened old wizard Olofethe. Olofethe has been studying for an indeterminate amount of time, somewhere between fifty and five hundred years, in this timeless clearing, attempting to perfect the fabled essence transition process between Pokemon.
Fortunately, Olofethe has also built a helipad in his downtime, which means you, battlers, can come and test the essence transition process. It involves duplicating and transferring portions of your Pokemon’s “essence” to another Pokemon, so that the recipient becomes slightly more like the donor.
For the upcoming battle, Olofethe will use his essence transisting powers on each and every one of your Pokemon, mismatching their essences among them at both battler’s commands. Each Pokemon will receive another Pokemon’s essence for the entire battle, and each Pokemon’s essence may only be used once.
-Four moves from the Pokemon’s movepool (only the moves the donor has purchased)
-One typing of the recepient’s choice. If the recipient is mono-type, they will become duo-type. If it is duo-type, state what type will be replaced.
-One ability of the recipient’s choice. If the recipient is Basculin, choose one ability to replace, otherwise, just add it on. If the Dream World ability is unlocked, it cannot be chosen.
-One stat of the recipient’s choice. This will replace the current stat, and can be HP or Speed.
Decide this all as the mons are sent out, and Olofethe will wave his decidedly unmagical stick around, then do some majorly difficult mathematical calculations, throw rocks at both Pokemon (beware scyther!), and then suddenly everyone has a Pokemon and a half where they previously just had one!
Example:
Leethoof: Go Vanguard @ Focus Sash! You’ll be taking on the essence of that conveniently placed Drifblim for this match against six fighting types without foresight! Vanguard will become a Rock/Ghost, and take Drifblim’s 125 HP for this battle!
Other non-Leethoof battler: Oh my poor Machamp@Black Belt! I’m so depressed that I will take Gallade’s essence, with its Psychic-typing, and learn Return, Frustration, Drain Punch, and Fire Punch!
I got some guys i want to train, I'm in!
Switch = ON
Standard everything else

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Putting up two seperate challenges

2v2 LC Doubles and a 3v3 FE Triples
Items: Training / On
Arena: Acceptors Choice / ASB Arena
Chills/Recs: None / 2c5r
2 day dq
All ABilities
2 Subs

Lets get it!

Also, I'll take IAR and Wobbanaut if they're okay with limited activity until Monday, and then sporadic activity until the second following Monday (midterm time, reffing shouldnt be a problem but there may be delays)

3v3 Little Cup Doubles
2 Day DQ
Arena:
Example:
I got some guys i want to train, I'm in!
Switch = ON
Standard everything else
Will ref this battle. PM me your teams guys.

2v2 LC Doubles and a 3v3 FE Triples
Items: Training / On
Arena: Acceptors Choice / ASB Arena
Chills/Recs: None / 2c5r
2 day dq
All ABilities
2 Subs

Lets get it!

Also, I'll take IAR and Wobbanaut if they're okay with limited activity until Monday, and then sporadic activity until the second following Monday (midterm time, reffing shouldnt be a problem but there may be delays)
Taking LC.
Training, Teleportation, 2c5r.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
I will be running another Melee. To prove that I am a competent ref, here is my current melee, you can see how fast I ref this http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3472953

As I understand it, many people like Melees but they too often take too long. I want to run a high profile Melee now. Unlimited, and hopefully we get more people this time to make it truly chaotic.

Unlimited Melee (As many people can join as they want!)
Strongmons
All Items
All Abilities
1 Sub and 1 KO sub
1 day battler DQ, 3 day ref
If you idle, your pokemon will use action 'Idle' for both actions, losing 30 hp and 30 en upon each use

Signups will be open for a week

oh and send me your mons plus the item when you accept

Cancelling my challenge to Aweshucks. Sorry dude.

3v3 FE Triples
Items: On
Arena: = ASB Arena
Chills/Recs: 2c5r
2 day dq
All ABilities
2 Subs

Lets get it!

Let's make it a training battle since I am not using FEs.

More challenge time!!!
2v2 NFE singles (I haven't evolved a single poke, please don't take advantage and bring all 2nd level. Bring some weak pokes you want to train.)
Items: Training
2 chills
5 Recovers
2 subs
2 Day DQ
All abilities

Arena: Mr. Heefloot's Magical Type Shop
Field Type = Neutral
Complexity = Moderate
Format = Eh, whatever
No Restrictions on anything

Here at the magical type shop, Mr.Heefloot sells many strange and mystical devices. Within these seemingly ordinary devices, a great power is contained, so great that it is even capable of changing the types of Pokemon! For a meager price of less than nothing, Mr.Heefloot is glad to rent these items out to budding trainers for the duration of a battle in his yard. He just loves seeing small creatures crushed by Shieldons! His yard is rather regular, covered in grass and with a small pond nearby, so there are no move restrictions.

The arena is nothing special, but Mr.Heefloot will gladly give one of his precious seventeen items away to a Pokemon at the start of a battle, adding an additional type to them! For example, if the Fairy Wings are given to a Shieldon, then it would be counted for purposes of STAB, type resistances, etc. as a Rock/Steel/Flying type! Just to clear some stuff up, Mr.Heefloot says a Rock/Steel/Dark type is considered 8x weak to Fighting attacks (for an ASB modifier of 3.0), and a Water/Ice/Fire type is 8x resistant to Ice attacks (for an ASB modifier of .29). In addition, a Pokemon may take an item of a type they already are. For example Conkeldurr can go ahead and grab a Super Karate Black Belt to gain double the STAB bonus on fighting-attacks, but also doubling his weaknesses! Only one of each item can be attached per battle, and they do not take up the regular hold item a Pokemon usually has. Here is the list of items, have fun incorporating them into your flavor refs!

Exceptionally Ordinary Something-or-other: This something-or-other has a habit of somewhat normalizing the Pokemon that somehow manages to wear or use it or something like that. Nobody really knows, its just kind of really ordinary and regular and stuff.
Super Karate Black Belt: This black belt is extremely empowering, and instantly gives any Pokemon that wears it the fighting prowess of Jet Lee, Chuck Norris, Yip-man, and Sawk combined! "Be wary of flying feet and fists," it says on the genuine label.
Fairy Wings: Though these wings may just look like they were ripped off of some five-year old's Halloween costume, they are genuine fairy wings. Easily super-glued on to even the most resistant of Pokemon, it grants them the ability to soar around like the average flying-type.
Hive Mind: A small and insectoid brain in a jar, the trainer applies this item by deftly lobotomizing their Pokemon and replacing their frontal lobes with this. The Pokemon is then conquered by a strange alien hive race, and begins acting far more buggy than usual.
Rotten Flower: With on whiff of this disgusting flower, any Pokemon becomes capable of spewing out toxic, poisonous goop like no other. It really is that disgusting. Trainers are suggested to wear gas masks around this item.
Prickly Rose: To apply the powers of this item, the trainer simply slaps their Pokemon silly with it. Eventually, the thorny flower will cause a puncture wound, and its grassy juices with enter the Pokemon's bloodstream. Often, the Pokemon will have a habit of lying around inactively in the sun shortly after being Roseified. Studies are inconclusive on whether this is due to photosynthesis or blood loss.
Scuba Flippers: Just stick these finely-crafted flippers onto any Pokemon's feet, and they'll be swiftly swimming through any drizzle! Instantly gain access to water sources like never before! Note: not proven to work on Pokemon without feet; Mr.Heefloot suggests jamming the flippers on the Pokemon's head.
Torch: Light up your favorite pal, and voila! Instant fire-type!
Mad Scientist Goggles: Equip these stereotypical goggles to a Pokemon, and watch as their fur/hair/scales/shield-faces becomes instantly frazzled by electricity! Soon, they'll be conducting dangerous experiments with Frankensteins and Tesla coils! They grow up so fast...
Refrigerator: Often used in haikus, fridges apparently have another use! Stick this smaller version on top of a Pokemon's head, and they'll be calling Blizzards down upon the battle. It's a wonder what a little bit of chilled ice can do for someone!
Bastiodon Skeleton: Unfortunately, not all Bastiodon fossils were in a good enough condition to resurrect. So, Mr.Heefloot hoarded them, and will gladly preform a rough full skeleton transplant with any brave Pokemon. The sturdy bones of the tough Bastiodon imbue the the patient with rock-hard skin.
Model Train (1:2 scale): When a Pokemon conducts this half-size train, they barely even need their own powers anymore! Honestly, do they really need to use wimpy Pokemon moves when they can just crush their opponent beneath a steel train?
Shovel: As Diglett and Dugtrio show, all you need to be a ground-type is live halfway underground! The shovel makes this unusually tough change much easier.
Gypsy Tent: A Pokemon walks into this gypsy tent a simple Pokemon, and out comes a mystical psychic mind-reader, fully equipped with spoons, crystal globes, and tarot reading skills.
Rusty Ghostbuster: Even Mr.Heefloot doesn't know he managed to acquire this antique, but he does know how it works. Just give it a little kick, and out comes a wicked ghost, eager to posses the nearest Pokemon!
Ominous Hood: When hiding behind this dark, shrouded hood, a Pokemon seems to become evil and wicked, no matter how nice it usually is. It just seems to bring out the worst in everyone. Extended exposure is not suggested.
Master Ball: Everybody knows that legendary dragons belong in Master Balls! So, Mr.Heefloot will gladly allow your Pokemon to sit in this legendary pokeball for a couple minutes, giving them the power of the dragons that used to call it home! Note: Mr.Heefloot does not guarantee the release of your Pokemon, especially if they are a well-trained strongmon.

I've wanted to try this arena!

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Since I am already battling Eternal Drifter (and nobody wants to ref the second match), I'll accept Espeon's challenge instead of the one I had above.

Switch = KO

Frosty said:
Since I am already battling Eternal Drifter (and nobody wants to ref the second match), I'll accept Espeon's challenge instead of the one I had above.

Switch = KO
Okay, then all we need is a ref! Preferably a quick one?

Dropping my match with Complications to join Orcinus' melee.
Now to be fair, /me divides cake between Comp and my lover Orci

I'll send my mon tomorrow, too tired right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)