The Power Squad

What's up guys, Zeta5 here bringing you an RMT.

First, some music while you read: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odqWOhNe-D4&

Teambuilding process:

The first idea was to use Hydreigon, he's a badass pokemon and a powerful threat at that. I was suggested to use Reuniclus as he had some decent type synergy(outside bug) allowing Hydreigon to switch in and deal damage.

The next thought was how to stop Scizor/Genesect(if choiced and locked into ice beam/bug buzz etc). Obviously it would be Magnezone since he has magnet pull.

at this point, I decided to add t-tar as a form to get some weather and as an ace up my sleeve(he was scarfed, my friends suggested it, I decided to go with it). Rotom-W was my way to counter rain/special attacks. Perhaps not the best choice but i wasn't entirely sure on what to use.

I added Terrakion as a more reliable source of physical damage(he was banded).

So after this was done, I had: CM Reuniclus, Mixdreigon, sub zone, sp def rotom, scarf t-tar and band terrakion.

I tried out the team and it didn't go too well. I was disappointed. I ended up deciding to make a few changes...

T-tar and Rotom were taken out.

I ended up adding skarm for some hazards and defensive threat. Tenta was added for some power over ground types, a way to get off poison on grounded enemies and finally rapid spin off hazards from my opponent. Other changes included Reuniclus being changed to trick room LO offense, terrakion being given the scarf and Hydreigon getting a custom set. Without further ado, here's the end result:

Bird (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 232 Def / 252 HP / 24 Spd
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Standard set for Skarmory, pretty self-explanitory for what it does. If not then here: brave bird as a source of damage(really handy at times), roost to recover health and laugh at electric types, spikes are excellent hazards as 3 layers deal so much upon switch in, and finally whirlwind to phase out and hurt people with hazards.

Blubby (Reuniclus) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast

Offensive Reuniclus is a late game beast, untouchable by hazards along with really good bulk and a high special attack stat makes him deadly when speed is turned upside down. I chose psyshock over psychic to it on the physical side when needed(considering whether I should have psychic for more power)

UltimateDragon (Hydreigon) (M) @ White Herb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dark Pulse

I changed from mixed to this set because i felt I was missing coverage at times and it annoyed me. Draco meteor is the star here as I have a white herb. The reason why I used this is because it helps me take out threats and forces my opponent to deal with the fact that I can either fire off another nuke(draco meteor) or use any of my other moves. Another advantage of white herb is the ease on prediction as you're not screwed over after a draco meteor). Fire blast is the obvious choice to deal with steel types(Scizor can't kill with BP hahahahahaha). Earth power is a really nice move to have on Hydrei because of how he can now counter Heatran(back in bw1 you could not have earth power and dark pulse on the same set and you could lose coverage vs threats). Earth power is also a much more reliable way to deal with Heatran since surf cannot KO sp def Heatran at all. Dark pulse is the move to take on Jelicent(Hydreigon is the ultimate FerroCent core). Very nice after some hazards to get that Jelicent out of there.

The Yi Zone (Magnezone) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SAtk / 224 Spd
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Our ideal steel trapper, traps in the steel types, gets up a sub and Magnezone can safely deal major damage to your opponent. t-bolt and flash cannon for the stab and HP fire to eliminate the steel type(scizor) once he's prepared.

Tentapool (Tentacruel) (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spd
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Ice Beam

toxic spikes is really nice for poison. scald gets dem burns on physical sweepers. rapid spin to send opposing hazards away and ice beam to hit some pokemon on the switch.

BLT 4 Lunch (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

Terrakion is one huge threat. Scarf allows him to outspeed so many pokemon. CC and edge for powerful stab. X-scissor CUTS through Celebi on the switch and rock slide for more accuracy.

Well, I hope you all enjoyed my Team and please leave suggestions on what to add/change etc. Bye

Hello there,

This looks to be a pretty solid team (and the music up top was fun),but I have a couple suggestions.

First off, I highly recommend you change Reuniclus's Defense evs to Special Attack. With only a couple turns of Trick Room, he needs to be hitting as hard as possible every turn, and I think you will be impressed by the improved damage output. I would therefore also suggest you change his nature to Quiet, to maximize Special Attack while continuing to lower speed. I would assume that you also changed his Speed IVs to 0, but if not I recommend you do so now.

While I do respect the creativity you put into your Hydreigon's item, I must say that I am skeptical of using such a one-time-use item on such a balanced team. In its stead, I would recommend an item such as Life Orb for maximum damage, as even with a Draco Meteor drop you can continue to kill targets with the appropriate coverage move next turn because they are so maimed. Another interesting item to consider would be Expert Belt, allowing you to bluff the common Choice Scarf Hydreigon to your advantage.

Make sure that Tentacruel's nature is changed to either Rain Dish or Liquid Ooze, one of which punishes opposing rain in general, while the latter punishes Ferrothorn and Conkeldurr.

Finally, Terrakion's unique 108 speed tier practically demands that you run Jolly over Adamant, otherwise you get outsped by positive base 95s with scarves!

Just as a general note, Breloom is a particularly nasty threat so make sure that you sleep fodder something other than Skarmory, as otherwise you will have no way to phaze it as it sets up.

Well, hope I helped and good luck on the ladder!

Hello there,

This looks to be a pretty solid team (and the music up top was fun),but I have a couple suggestions.

First off, I highly recommend you change Reuniclus's Defense evs to Special Attack. With only a couple turns of Trick Room, he needs to be hitting as hard as possible every turn, and I think you will be impressed by the improved damage output. I would therefore also suggest you change his nature to Quiet, to maximize Special Attack while continuing to lower speed. I would assume that you also changed his Speed IVs to 0, but if not I recommend you do so now.

While I do respect the creativity you put into your Hydreigon's item, I must say that I am skeptical of using such a one-time-use item on such a balanced team. In its stead, I would recommend an item such as Life Orb for maximum damage, as even with a Draco Meteor drop you can continue to kill targets with the appropriate coverage move next turn because they are so maimed. Another interesting item to consider would be Expert Belt, allowing you to bluff the common Choice Scarf Hydreigon to your advantage.

Make sure that Tentacruel's nature is changed to either Rain Dish or Liquid Ooze, one of which punishes opposing rain in general, while the latter punishes Ferrothorn and Conkeldurr.

Finally, Terrakion's unique 108 speed tier practically demands that you run Jolly over Adamant, otherwise you get outsped by positive base 95s with scarves!

Just as a general note, Breloom is a particularly nasty threat so make sure that you sleep fodder something other than Skarmory, as otherwise you will have no way to phaze it as it sets up.

Well, hope I helped and good luck on the ladder!
Thanks, those are all things I actually know to do, it looks like a just messed up on the teambuilding, ill fix it right away.

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Maybe it's just me, but your team seems weak to fast Fighting attacks. Pokes like Specs Keldeo and Band Terrakion can dent every single poke of your team, and since your two resistances have no means of reliable recovery, they will be worn down quite fast even with resisted attacks. Skarmory can't take powerful Close Combats either, since it's 2HKO'd by many of them - Band Terrakion and to a lesser extent LO Lucario can do that. Of course, your Terrakion can revenge all of those, but they will hit once and switch out, quickly wearing down your resistances and absorbing your attacks with something else (Scarf Terrakion is not that hard to wall).

Also, Timid Venusaur in the sun completely dismantles your team after a bit of residual damage on Reuniclus is achieved. It can just switch into your Tentacruel, since Ice Beam needs Rocks to even have a chance to 2HKO, and Venusaur is likely to find a way to switch into Scald anyway. Or it could just switch into a resisted CC from your Terrakion. Then it gets a free Growth and proceed to destroy your team (Tentacruel can't stop it bar freeze hax since Giga Drain will heal Venusaur by roghly the same amount of damage Ice Beam deals).

Tornadus-T can be quite a pain too, since it's, again, handled only by Terrakion. It will ignore all of your hazards since you don't carry Stealth Rock (another big problem) and will regenerate any residual damage you can deal to it. Taunt can shut down Skarmory, while its Fighting coverage move of choice will hurt Zone (Hurricane + Superpower 2HKOs after SR).

At the moment I can't think of something that would fix all your problems, so I'll just let some ideas. First, Mamoswine can set up SR while being an annoyance for both Venusaur and Tornadus. However it compounds your weakness to Bullet Punch and Terrakion (unless it's caught in an EQ on the switch). Latias could also be a good idea, since it somewhat checks Terrakion if it chooses to Close Combat, is not OHKO'd by +2 Venusaur and can retaliate with HP Fire or Psyshock, although it won't OHKO (you need SR and 1 layer of Spikes to have a good chance to take down Venusaur). Finally, Liquid Ooze on Tentacruel can be a good idea, since Venusaur wouldn't be able to set up on it so easily while Giga Draining back lost HP, and also is quite annoying for those Ferrothorns that want to Leech Seed you. I'll reply again if I can find out some better ideas.

Asek

Banned deucer.
Hi

Cool team. First off, I noticed that you do not have stealth rock. This is a HUGE problem as that means that dragonite can comftably set up on your team, and if its multiscale is still intact smack terrakion with a coverage move, or otherwise the opponent just has to get rid of terrakion and he will run right through your team. As Ganj said, tornadus-t is also troublesome, as your team can't answer it too well, with Terrakion not being able to switch in without getting smashed by Hurricane/ Focus Blast/ Superpower, and Tentacruel can't take too many hurricanes, and skarmory will fall quickly to focus Blast. To make it worse, once again your lack of rocks means that tornadus can switch in and out at will, recovering any damage taken during that time. Also, Bulk Up Conkelldurr can run through your team easily at +1 and if reuniclus's Trick Room is in effect he can effectively use it to throw around Drain Punch a lot more often, and outside of that Mach Punch will do work on your team, with Stone Edge or Payback for Tentacruel, who's scald will just be turning conk into an even bigger monster, and skarmory will sustain fair damage if it comes into Phaze, and its only delaying conk. Gliscor is also problematic, as once its behind a sub it is basically ruining your team, spreading toxic misery and sort of powerful Earthquakes everywhere, and comfortably walling a large portion of your team. Also, Rain teams in general will not have a problem with this team, as between all their powerful abusers your team has no true answer to them. Finally, Breloom will prove to be troublesome, as once its used its spore on skarmory, there is nothing on your team that can take either the SubPunch or the Technician sets, which can then ruin you.

First off, seconding all Of TheStarRappers suggestions. They are all really good suggestions, and would improve your team a lot. But Rain Dish is superior on tentacruel, as it at least helps against the rain offense that plain destroys your team most of the times atm. Onto magnezone, Charge beam > Flash Cannon is far better, as it punishes your opponent steels by letting you set up on them, and Flash Cannon isn't very good at all here, it doesn't offer much coverage wise besides hitting some dragons, who will be getting hit rediculously hard by a +4 or so Thunderbolt, besides Latias of course, which your current set isn't damaging anyway. Charge Beam lets you leave a larger whole in the opposing team, making Hydreigons life a lot easier. Reuniclus could definitly use Psychic > Psyshock, as Psyshocks targets are Blissey and chansey, who aren't very big threats to your team at all, being promptly beaten by Terrakion and skarmory beats the 1v1 as well. Instead, psychic lets you beat Bulk Up Conkelldurr and gliscor, both of which are big threats to your team.

Now, Toxic Spikes is nowhere near nessecary on this team. Toxic Spikes should only be used on Full Stall teams, and your primarily offensive team benefits hardly anything from having them here. In fact, tentacruel in general is not that good on this team, its out of its best environment, and is not really providing your team with much at all besides rapid spin, considering its oppurtunites to burn physcial sweepers out of rain are very limited without it getting beaten up on first, and Toxic Spikes really don't mesh on offensive teams, and also with your lack of spinblocker they will be gone quickly anyway. Instead, your team could really use a dragon check, a rapid spinner and a Stealth Rock setter all wrapped into one. I think using Rapid Spin Donphan > Tentacruel would be great here, as Donphan can provide your team with a lot of things, namely Stealth Rock and a weak, but still very useful priority in Ice Shard, which is capable of beating both Salamence and dragonite and does respectable damage to all the other dragons in OU. Stealth Rock is the real draw here, as it now makes your team not complelty run over be levitating threats, as now their switches will be getting punished a lot more, unlike now where they have an easy time with your team. On the plus side, you keep the rapid spin support that tentacruel provided, which is really cool. The EV spread given lets you have a little bit of punch behind Ice Shard, with the ability to 2HKO landorus-I after Stealth Rock, while still having great bulk.

Now, you still do have a pretty big weakness to dragons, especially Lati@s and haxorus, with Donphans Ice shard definitly not being strong enough to take them on, and terrakion can only take on haxorus out of that group, with a lot of CM latias beating Terrakion easily, and Latios being impossible for terrakion to switch into, and with the hit and run nature of him, he will be gone after 1 turn of attacking most of the time anyway. You also have a big terrakion weakness yourself, specifically to the Sub + SD set, which can abuse sub to beat your terrakion, and can pick up a boost and from there plow through you easily. As Ganj said again, Venusaur is also pretty threatning to this team, simply smashing you aside once its gotten a growth under its belt. Skarmory isn't a very great idea for this team, it really just kills off the momentum it generates, and your spikes will simply be spun away with ease as your team lacks a spin blocker, so a lot of the time all those turns of set up will be going to waste. Instead of Skarmory, try out Choice Band Scizor. Scizor provides you with a way to easily beat Lati@s, as Latios is easily beaten once its used Draco meteor with pursuit demolishing it, and latias can't take U-Turn or Bullet Punch well at all. Venusaur is also dealt with by bullet Punch and Donphan Ice shard will finish it off it thats not enough. Breloom is comftably beaten by Bullet Punch, and Scizor greatly aids your team offensivley, with U-turn picking up a lot of momentum and Bullet Punch helpig your team revenge loads of threats, including the ones mentioned before as well as Sub + SD terrakion

GL with the team
christ this rate is long:toast:
EDIT: @Ganj4lf Tentacruel wasn't stopping Keldeo either. It can't damage any variant of it for reasonable damage, and if Keldeo switches in before Tentacruel gets toxic spikes up, an offensive CM variant with HP electric would have wrecked anyway, the best tenta being able to do would be hoping for a burn, and Sub + CM can just treat tenta like set up bait anyway
But yes Keldeo is a big weakness to this team I guess Terrakion CC and then a scizor BP would be enough to stop it ( I don't have a calc on me so i could be wrong) but this doesn't stop your Sub + CM Keldeo weakness
Donphan @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish (+Def -SpA)
Trait: Sturdy
EV's: 252HP/ 80Atk/ 176Def
Ice Shard/ Stealth Rock/ Earthquake/ Rapid Spin

Scizor @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant (+Atk -SpA)
Trait: Technician
EV's: 248HP/ 252Atk/ 4SpD
U-Turn/ Bullet Punch/ Superpower/ Pursuit

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
@ Asek, while you have many good points in your rate, your proposed modifications make the entire team very weak to Keldeo (since with the removal of Tentacruel there's not something that properly handles it), since with a LO equipped it can outspeed and OHKO Hydreigon, Magnezone, Donphan and Scizor (need SR for the last two), while doing a solid 70% minimum to Reuniclus. Also (I just realized that) Scarf Terrakion is weak enough to fail to OHKO Keldeo with Close Combat (Close Combat: 213-252 (65.94 - 78.01%) -- guaranteed 2HKO), thus it's a shaky check at best, since it has to wait for three / four LO recoil turns (which usually means 2-3 KOs for your team) to be able to revenge it. Again, I feel quite bad since I'm only criticizing and not proposing a solution myself, but still my objections hold, so I thought it was better to reply anyway and maybe someone else will be able to address my concerns.

You're going to want Jolly on Terrakion, whose edge over other Scarfers is its extra speed, which you don't fully utilise by running Adamant; without Jolly, you can't beat common Scarfers such as Genesect, Salamence, or Thundurus-T. The drop of power shouldn't be too big a deal with your hazards.

Speaking of hazards, where is Stealth Rock? It's necessary on nearly every team, especially one that already has Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Magnezone seems really out of place, since you don't really benefit from its Steel-trapping capabilities. Since you could benefit from weather control, try out a specially defensive Hippowdon, who can use its massive bulk and access to Slack Off to switch in multiple times during a match to set up SR or wall a threat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)