The Little Troll That Could

Great team man; I can honestly see why it peaked #1 on multiple ladders. Early Bird on Houndour is generally frowned upon because of dat Flash Fire boost, and though Houndour cannot get burned, having the bonus is amazing. I also prefer Substitute over Protect. This might just be a personal throwback for me, where I ran a similar set (but with Life Orb, of course).

Mienfoo looks nice, but I'd rather have it hit 15 Speed instead of having it sit at the 14 benchmark. 15 Speed is perfect to tie an unboosted Scraggy, and also allows Mienfoo to beat some other things at 15 Speed (non-Timid Magnemite and most Chinchou these days) but the reason why I say this is because my R2 LC Open final match came down to my Trick Scarfed Hippopotas (at 15 Speed) against a 14 Speed Mienfoo. Yeah.

On Staryu, you should probably run Hidden Power Fire. The reason you gave is to stop Frillish, a Pokemon which, quite frankly, no one runs in this metagame anymore. Go ahead and run HP Fire to your heart's content! I personally run Psychic because I don't use Golett and my team hates Croagunk so...yeah.

Personally, you don't need to change Murkrow one bit. I think I've lost to this team before (I *think*) and Scarf Murkrow in these days aren't the most used set (because of Life Orb and Eviolite). You really don't need Dark Pulse considering Brave Bird can wreck everything in sight and HP Grass does more damage against Chinchou.

Lileep. whatta bawss.

Finally, I like Golett in that spot. If you use it correctly, it is great. It has amazing synergy with Lileep, even moreso than the Lileep / Misdreavus combination because of the Ground typing Golett possesses. The coverage is astounding, and Drain Punch + Iron Fist always helps.

All in all, your team is very solid, and I can see easily why it peaked #1. A great team; you cover your bases very well. 9/10 would bang.

EDIT: I'm proud of you, kid.

Furai

we will become who we are meant to be
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Starmie takes 45% from Fire Blast, a 2HKO combined with Rocks and Sucker Punch.
Staryu*

So yeah, this team is p fab and deserves its success.

To fix your Snover, Double Rush, and Larvesta issues, there's one simple solution. Sunny Day Ponyta checks all threats magnificently; with Morning Sun Ponyta can take repeated Blizzards and U-turns from Larvesta, and by changing the weather Double Rush is easily checked. Flare Blitz in the sun is just so fucking strong. She also ties with Abra and can take a non-boosted Psychic, which can be very handy. +2 Eviolite Missy cannot 2HKO without Stealth Rock, which is always phenomenal as well. The last move can be used for different purposes; Return has nice coverage, whereas Wild Charge hits bulky Water-types, but Will-O-Wisp can handily burn threats, such as Murkrow and Mienfoo.

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Trait: Flame Body
Level: 5
EVs: 156 Atk / 76 Def / 76 SDef / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sunny Day
- Morning Sun
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp / Wild Charge / Return

Good luck boi and grats on the peak! When you break 1500s, lemme know~

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the Rate Comatt, See what you're tutoring did for me!

Great team man; I can honestly see why it peaked #1 on multiple ladders. Early Bird on Houndour is generally frowned upon because of dat Flash Fire boost, and though Houndour cannot get burned, having the bonus is amazing. I also prefer Substitute over Protect. This might just be a personal throwback for me, where I ran a similar set (but with Life Orb, of course).
I used to use Flash Fire, but then Porygon would be a bitch. This is big in situations where Fire Blast would KO, but I can't use it because of Pory's Flash Fire. I could always go back, I like the boost too lol

I personally like Protect, because of the work it does when dodging Mienfoo that try to pick off Dour with Fake Out, as well as Scarf ones that use HJK, but I can try out Substitute.

Mienfoo looks nice, but I'd rather have it hit 15 Speed instead of having it sit at the 14 benchmark. 15 Speed is perfect to tie an unboosted Scraggy, and also allows Mienfoo to beat some other things at 15 Speed (non-Timid Magnemite and most Chinchou these days) but the reason why I say this is because my R2 LC Open final match came down to my Trick Scarfed Hippopotas (at 15 Speed) against a 14 Speed Mienfoo. Yeah.
Seems like a good idea, I like the bulk this Mienfoo has, but sometimes I want more speed on it. I'll do it!

Lol, losing to a Hippo because of the speed issue must suck

On Staryu, you should probably run Hidden Power Fire. The reason you gave is to stop Frillish, a Pokemon which, quite frankly, no one runs in this metagame anymore. Go ahead and run HP Fire to your heart's content! I personally run Psychic because I don't use Golett and my team hates Croagunk so...yeah.
Well, someone told me to use HP Fire, thus I am using HP Fire. T-Bolt is also helpful vs. other Staryu, but thats why I have Lileep for.

Finally, I like Golett in that spot. If you use it correctly, it is great. It has amazing synergy with Lileep, even moreso than the Lileep / Misdreavus combination because of the Ground typing Golett possesses. The coverage is astounding, and Drain Punch + Iron Fist always helps.
Yea, it also clears up a spot for Toxic on Lileep, which is great vs other stall Pokes such as Slowpoke, other Lileep, Pory etc.

All in all, your team is very solid, and I can see easily why it peaked #1. A great team; you cover your bases very well. 9/10 would bang.

EDIT: I'm proud of you, kid.
Thanks Comatt, you did help wonders :D

To fix your Snover, Double Rush, and Larvesta issues, there's one simple solution. Sunny Day Ponyta checks all threats magnificently; with Morning Sun Ponyta can take repeated Blizzards and U-turns from Larvesta, and by changing the weather Double Rush is easily checked. Flare Blitz in the sun is just so fucking strong. She also ties with Abra and can take a non-boosted Psychic, which can be very handy. +2 Eviolite Missy cannot 2HKO without Stealth Rock, which is always phenomenal as well. The last move can be used for different purposes; Return has nice coverage, whereas Wild Charge hits bulky Water-types, but Will-O-Wisp can handily burn threats, such as Murkrow and Mienfoo.
Thanks for the rate Furry, I was considering changing Dour to a buliker Fire-type, and this seems like such a great idea, I'll test that out for sure!

If you have trouble with snover might i suggest porygon.

Evs 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SDef
Nature: Calm
Move 1: Tri Attack
Move 2: Thunder wave
Move 3: Shadow ball
Move 4: Recover
Trait: Trace
Item: Eviolite
Porygon is 3koed by blizzard and can just t-wave it making it useless the rest of the match so you don't have to worry about it. It also checks sub roost krow effectively. Trace works wonders too copying abilities such as prankster, flash fire, and etc

I'd make Larvesta>Golett, Stealth Rock>Ancient Rock on Lileep, and Scarf Snover>Scarf Murkrow.
Larvesta beats Snover and Fighting-types. U need Stealth Rock. your team is pretty Drilbur weak so Snover is good for that. your welcome
oh and keep early bird on houndour

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
If you have trouble with snover might i suggest porygon.

Evs 236 HP / 196 Def / 76 SDef
Nature: Calm
Move 1: Tri Attack
Move 2: Thunder wave
Move 3: Shadow ball
Move 4: Recover
Trait: Trace
Item: Eviolite
Porygon is 3koed by blizzard and can just t-wave it making it useless the rest of the match so you don't have to worry about it. It also checks sub roost krow effectively. Trace works wonders too copying abilities such as prankster, flash fire, and etc
Where would Porygon fit exactly?

I'd make Larvesta>Golett, Stealth Rock>Ancient Rock on Lileep, and Scarf Snover>Scarf Murkrow.
Larvesta beats Snover and Fighting-types. U need Stealth Rock. your team is pretty Drilbur weak so Snover is good for that. your welcome
oh and keep early bird on houndour
Larvestra sounds like a good idea, but it'll prob go over Dour, as I like the fact that Golett provides rocks w/o screwing with Lileep's moveset. W/o AncientPower, Murkrow would walk all over the team, and this is why I can't make that change. Yea Snover can help with that, but remember than Scarf versions like mine outpace and KO it. Thanks for the rate tho

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
I also use it to get rid of Spikes and T-Spikes. Plus, I need it, as Recoil from LO/BB will kill off Dour and Krow way too fast

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Looks pretty good from a glance, the only thing I can recommend changing is your Mienfoo spread. You can get more bang for your buck by adding in 36 Special Defensive EVs; this means you are never 2hkoed by Missy Shadow Ball. Personally, I think LOKrow makes more sense for your team also, as Houndour with LO is very much a late game mon that can use a mid game mon to make massive holes in the opponent. If Staryu is unable to spin for whatever reason, LO Krow is much more effective than Scarf Krow as you don't have to repeatedly switch-in to dent these holes and then die to get Houndour in for free.

Hey TrollFreak! This is my first requested rate for a little cup team haha congrats on the peak!

Ok i havnt played LC in a while and i am a little rusty right now and their isn't really to much worth changing on this team. However you did mentione you may want to try another Choice Scarf user in your team and i don't know how it will fare but you may want to test Choice Scarf Mienfoo>Current Mienfoo aside from providing your team with another Choice Scarf user Choice Scarf Mienfoo helps you with your Larvesta and Snover weakness, because Mienfoo tricks these pokemon into thinking they are faster then hits them with a Hi Jump Kick or Stone Edge respectivly. Stone Edge does not make contact with your opponent so Mienfoo doesn't have to worry about Larvesta's Flame Body. On an unrelated note Choice Scarf Mienfoo has to be my favourite set in Little Cup and it is suprisingly effective.

Good luck with the team i hope i helped! p.s. Luvdisc'd, grats on the peak! also if you use ScarfFoo i highly encourage you to name it after me ;)

Sets

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf | Regenerator
Adamant | 236 Atk / 36 Def / 136 Spe
Hi Jump Kick | Stone Edge | Knock Off | U-turn

Tl;dr

Mienfoo
Choice Scarf Set--->Current Set *Opptional

~Superpowerdude

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Looks pretty good from a glance, the only thing I can recommend changing is your Mienfoo spread. You can get more bang for your buck by adding in 36 Special Defensive EVs; this means you are never 2hkoed by Missy Shadow Ball. Personally, I think LOKrow makes more sense for your team also, as Houndour with LO is very much a late game mon that can use a mid game mon to make massive holes in the opponent. If Staryu is unable to spin for whatever reason, LO Krow is much more effective than Scarf Krow as you don't have to repeatedly switch-in to dent these holes and then die to get Houndour in for free.
Ok, I'll see if I can squeeze that in with the Speed EVs as well, (which gives me this spread here EVs: 80 HP / 200 Def / 40 SDef / 156 Spd. IDK about Murkrow, its my last ditch check to Scarf Snover, +1 Scarggy, +2 Turtle thing, and other things. I might try it, but I'll prob keep the scarf set

Hey TrollFreak! This is my first requested rate for a little cup team haha congrats on the peak!

Ok i havnt played LC in a while and i am a little rusty right now and their isn't really to much worth changing on this team. However you did mentione you may want to try another Choice Scarf user in your team and i don't know how it will fare but you may want to test Choice Scarf Mienfoo>Current Mienfoo aside from providing your team with another Choice Scarf user Choice Scarf Mienfoo helps you with your Larvesta and Snover weakness, because Mienfoo tricks these pokemon into thinking they are faster then hits them with a Hi Jump Kick or Stone Edge respectivly. Stone Edge does not make contact with your opponent so Mienfoo doesn't have to worry about Larvesta's Flame Body. On an unrelated note Choice Scarf Mienfoo has to be my favourite set in Little Cup and it is suprisingly effective.

Good luck with the team i hope i helped! p.s. Luvdisc'd, grats on the peak! also if you use ScarfFoo i highly encourage you to name it after me ;)

Sets

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf | Regenerator
Adamant | 236 Atk / 36 Def / 136 Spe
Hi Jump Kick | Stone Edge | Knock Off | U-turn

Tl;dr
Mienfoo
Choice Scarf Set--->Current Set *Opptional

~Superpowerdude

Thanks Superpowerdude, I might Mienfoo, though I like the defensive set. I'll try it though, thanks for the suggestions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)