Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Hello! I'll be doing a medium-easy Diamond scramble. I can trade with Heartgold.
Diamond and Pearl is really short on Fire types, so trade yourself over a Houndour called Apocalypse. It wants to show the world what a real Fire-type is like, so it has to choose to learn every Fire-type move it gets via level up, and keep them on its moveset forever. (Exception: if it already has four Fire-type moves, for whatever reason (say you taught it extras via TM), you can delete existing moves to make way for new Fire-type moves, if you want to. I don't think this is likely to happen though.) It wants to prove that Fire is a great attacking type even when it hits neutrally, and has completely forgotten about its Dark typing, so it has to solo every Pokémon in Maylene's gym except her Lucario (it gets bored when it finds something that's actually weak to Fire). It gets to evolve as soon as you reach that Gym (i.e. you can evolve it before doing the solo). No other restrictions, it'd probably get too hard for what you requested otherwise.

callforjugment, accepted.
Edit: Can Apocalypse use non-fire moves after soloing Maylene's Gym?
Oh, it can use any move in its moveset, at any time.

It just has to learn every level-up fire move it can, and not delete them, so you'll probably be short on non-Fire-move options after a bit, having only the four moveslots.

@Treadshot ok I'll give you a Riolu.

Take Evil the Riolu. This Riolu is, well, evil. He fully supports the ideas of Team Plasma, and must never battle them. If he ever defeats a pokemon of Team Plasma's, he will go berserk and must solo the whole next gym, unless it conflicts with another solo, then just push it back to the next gym. He absolutely hates you for fighting Team Plasma, and so only listens to you if he's under the level that traded pokemon will listen to you, and if he's over that level, he must use any random move until the level requirement is pushed above his. He must never be in a double or triple battle or he will KO all of his teammates. He hates you so much that he can't evolve through friendship for a LONG time.

After the Plasma Frigate, if he is ever KO'd by a Team Plasma member:
- He must be renamed Justice
- He will evolve to Lucario after he soloes a gym leader without any items.
- He must solo 10 Plasma grunts and solo Colress
- He must only use STAB moves
- He must never attack a pokemon twice in a row, except Team Plasma pokemon

After the Plasma Frigate, if he isn't KO'd by a Team Plasma member:
- All is restrictions from up above stay in place
- If he succeeds in never defeating any Team Plasma pokemon, and soloes Drayden, he may evolve
- He must solo 4 E4 pokemon, and 1 of the champion's pokemon

GL;HF! I hope this is hard enough for you; If not, I can make it harder.

According to serebii, Houndour's gen 4 level-up fire attacks are: Ember (Level 1), Fire Fang (Level 30), and Flamethrower (Level 43).

Treadshot, take Chrome the Magnemite. Chrome must solo two entire gyms, one as a Magnemite, the later as a Magnemite or Magneton. The later gym cannot be any later than Skyla's; if it's hers, you must make a little detour to Chargestone Cave again and evolve it via level up in that cave, before proceeding with the part of the plot that involves flying to Lentimas Town. It must solo three Elite 4 Pokes and one of Iris' as a 'Zone. It may only use Steel- or Electric-type attacks, as well as Sonic Boom, the whole time.

reserving for Treadshot

Treadshot, take a Magby, name it whatever.
Solo the water type gym leader without healing items to evolve. If you're able to evolve to Magmortar, you may do so after an additional 15 levels.
Solo two gyms where you do not have a type advantage (not including the leader) in order to gain the ability to learn TMs, HMs and tutor moves.
May never hold an item that has an in-battle effect (boosts/reduces a stat, boosts/reduces a move, allows for HP or PP recovery, increases durability etc.) Macho brace, Exp. share, etc. are alright.
Must solo at least two trainers per route, unless priority is taken by other challenges.
Solo one pokemon from each E4 member and from the champion.
Solo rival twice to unlock the use of STAB moves above 60 BP

A friend of mine is doing a HG run using the following six pokemon: Garchomp, Metagross, Aggron, Exeggcutor, Wailord, Lucario. He'd like some medium level restrictions for them. I thought I'd throw these out here, in case anyone had ideas for them. No big deal if you don't, I can make stuff up, but just thought I'd ask.

Dragoon, take a Trapinch, must solo a gym leader to evolve to Vibrava, and three of Wally's pokemon (your choice) in Victory Road to evolve into Flygon.

Flaresun, take a two-stage pokemon of your choice (evolves once). No matter what pokemon you choose, it has the following restrictions:
- Solo a gym leader with a type disadvantage to evolve.
- Solo all gym trainers in one gym without healing items (must be 3+ trainers) to unlock the use of moves over 60BP (up to and including 60BP is fine).
- Choose one type over which this pokemon has an advantage. This pokemon may never switch into a pokemon of that type, unless it conflicts with another restriction.
- Choose one type to which this pokemon has a disadvantage. This pokemon must always switch into a pokemon of this type, unless it conflicts with another restriction. (It can switch back out right away if you like).

Call the Gible Eevee. It must not fight any pokemon which does not give Attack EVs, HP EVs, or Speed EVs. It must never fight an Ice type. These restrictions are under pain of all your money in Antidotes. It must solo 1 gym leader with only 1 move and 1 item.

Call the Lucario Movie. As a Riolu, it must never know 2 damaging moves of the same type. As a Lucario, it must only use moves part of one of the smogon sets on Lucario. It may never in any stage use the same move twice in a row.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Reserving for Treadshot
NOW YOU DIE
Hang on Treadshot, give me until tomorrow please ~.~ So tired now

Guys, I am playing through Black 2 without knowing anything about the plot. so you guys need to tell me when and where to catch pokemon. :)

so far I have my Riolu, Chrome the Magnemite and a Magby.

Treadshot, Riolu and Magby each get Marlon (both without certain items, one under a condition) to evolve? Espeon65, you had Riolu. User 18, you had Magby. One of you, change Marlon or Treadshot will do it for you, and he'll probably pick Riolu...

Treadshot, you can ctah Riolu in Floccesy Ranch, which you go to after you enter Floccesy Town. You can catch Magby in Virbank Complex, in the south of Virbank City. You can also catch Magnemite in Virbank Complex. And I'll change my Riolu to soloing Drayden instead.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Treadshot A1 said:
No copying my challenges. Any of them. Be creative!
Hmmm...

Your torture begins with Paradox808 the Snivy.

So...You are famous for dishing out hard challenges. You make yourself look like a cold-hearted user with no dignity for whoever you gave a challenge to. This Snivy has heard it all before. He knows that a rule of any decent scrambler is that you should only give out challenges that you have done yourself. Then he looks at what you have given out...MEP...Naval Scythers...Vanguard...Whomp...Asuka...Valziente...And those pathetic Ralts from RSE...And then you say, you want to see none of them. This angered Paradox808. And so, in typical fashion, he went down & made a challenge Treadshot-style...By deliberately ignoring all the rules & forcing you to put up with it.

For starters, these restrictions on Paradox808 will be constant:

• Under no circumstance is Paradox808 to leave the party for whatever reason.
  • Paradox808 may never have items used on it outside of battle.
  • You may only use one type of Healing item on Paradox808 ever in battle.
Now for the fun...

At the beginning, Paradox808 feels very normal. So normal in fact, that is starts out as a Mono Normal Snivy. As Treadshot A1 knows, this means Paradox808 can only use Normal Moves in battle. This may include Status Moves, & what not. Paradox808 must remain Mono Normal until further notice. Eventually, you reach the first Gym, & suddenly, it is a Normal-Type Gym! Paradox808 must solo this Gym. Paradox808 may not evolve until this solo is fulfilled.

Suddenly, the first Gym is beaten. Suddenly, everything has changed! No longer have you got with you, a Mono Normal Snivy, but now, you have something more sinister...In fact, it has turned into Asuka. Paradox808 now has a Sword (One Physical Move) & a Gun (One Special Move). You may only use those moves ever. Get them ASAP. Paradox808 may only use his sword against bigger foes & may only use his gun against smaller foes. Paradox808 also plays Protect the Lowest levelled Pokemon on your team as well, meaning that Lowest levelled Pokemon on your team may not be used at all until Paradox808 faints. Paradox808 may never be the lowest levelled member in your party at this stage. Whenever Asuka faints, you must throw out P5000 worth of items from your bag to compensate.

After Roxie is taken down, Paradox808 changes again. This time, he has turned into Vanguard. At this point of the game, Paradox808 has taken control of the party. Paradox808 must lead the party at all times, & every time you enter a Route, Paradox808 must solo 7 wild Pokemon in that route before you may continue. Of course, this is naturally a once only thing per Route. At any point Paradox808 drops below Yellow Health, you must throw out 15 items in your bag or P10000 worth of items, whichever comes LATER. If you cannot fulfil either condition, you must take one Scramble Pokemon not named Paradox808. You must throw that Pokemon out. It is killed. It cannot be used again, & its restrictions become null & void. Paradox808 must solo the Bug Gym. Paradox808 may not evolve into Serperior until this is fulfilled.

So you defeated the third Gym. At this point, Paradox808 reverts into a Mono Type Pokemon again. This time, a Mono Grass Servine/Serperior. Paradox808 feels like he has done enough to you at this point, so he does nothing else to you.

After the fourth Gym, however, Paradox808 turns into Valziente. At this point, Paradox808 may never be used in battle. Paradox808 must be in the last slot of your Party at all times. Paradox can hold items, but it may never hold EXP Share, Amulet Coin, Lucky Egg or Leftovers. nothing else.

5 Gyms down, & suddenly, Paradox808 turns into Vanguard once more. But this time, a bit more devious...Paradox808 must lead the party at all times, & every time you enter a Route or a Dungeon, Paradox808 must solo 10 wild Pokemon in that route/dungeon before you may continue. Unlike before, this time, it resets. At any point Paradox808 drops below Yellow Health, you must throw out 30 items in your bag or P20000 worth of items, whichever comes LATER. If you cannot fulfil either condition, you must take one Scramble Pokemon not named Paradox808. You must throw that Pokemon out. It is killed. It cannot be used again, & its restrictions become null & void.

6 Gyms down, & suddenly, Paradox808 takes the form of Asuka once more. As with before, Paradox808 has a Sword (One Physical Move) & a Gun (One Special Move). You may only use those moves ever. Get them ASAP. This time, there are no size restrictions. Paradox808 also plays Protect the Lowest levelled Pokemon on your team as well, meaning that Lowest levelled Pokemon on your team may not be used at all until Paradox808 faints. Paradox808 may never be the lowest levelled member in your party at this stage. Whenever Asuka faints, you must throw out P5000 worth of items from your bag to compensate. But this time, as you leave Mistralton, Paradox808 breaks his sword! that means he is just stuck with his gun...But as you hit Opelucid, Paradox808 becomes more of an arse, breaking his Gun & whatever ammo it had left. Furthermore, Paradox808 feels like Drayden is a source of evil. So Paradox808 must kill Drayden with...You guessed it, Struggle. You will Struggle your way past a Drayden who will scare you with shit like Haxorus, & with only one type of item to use, you better hope you picked Revive...

So you won your seventh Badge. Now comes the last badge, where your Paradox808 becomes a Mono Grass Serperior once more. After the struggles of the previous gym, it was only fair that a break was taken...

Now you have all eight Badges. Paradox808 then sends you the final test. The chasms...Paradox808 is for this final part, a Whomp. Paradox808 must now solo Ghetsis. In Red Health. Of which if it is not in it, you must throw Poke Balls until it gets there. After finishing off Ghetsis, Paradox808 wants to continue the hurt, as you are forced to solo Black Kyurem in Red Health.

Only after that, do all restrictions, BAR the constant restrictions get lifted, & are replaced with one final restriction. For the remainder of the Scramble, your Paradox808 must hold a Consumable Berry (Consumable in battle) to fight. If it loses it mid battle, it must switch out.

Have fun. I do not give a shit about whether it conflicts or not. This takes priority. If you reject this, then you must be a chicken. I spent two hours deliberately using your own challenges against you, & deliberately ignored your rule of no challenge copying since you tend to do exactly that. Good luck, we will be waiting to see you suffer...

EDIT: Just to be clear, when Paradox808 turns from one form to another, all properties of the previous form are replaced with the properties of the new form.

Yeah, go on, reject this. You know you want to. ;)

Still need one more pokemon
Game-Emerald
Difficulty: easy
Able to trade: no

The pokemon so far
@Dragoon, You Get Lol No the Treecko, Lol No Likes to Say Lol no at his Opponents, making him a Decent Nuisance Pokemon, Solo Brawly To Evolve, It must not Solo Roxanne, but It has to kill at least One Pokemon Of Roxanne.
Solo Wattson To Evolve into Sceptile.
Take Peeko the Wingull. Peeko like sailing, so must always know a water-type move and use it once a battle. Solo the entire Abandoned Shipwreck. Peeko must evolve directly after OHKOing a trainer's pokemon.
@ Dragoon124: You get Flapper the Zubat.

Flapper does not care about your difficulty. As long as it holds its Cheri Berries, & it gets a shot at soloing Wattson's Pokemon, it does not care. Flapper must hold a Cheri Berry to fight. If it loses it mid-battle, it must switch out. It can evolve into Golbat whenever, but to evolve into Crobat, it must solo one of Wattson's Pokemon. On the first attempt. Which means you cannot Soft Reset your way to a Crobat. Ever.@ Dragoon124: Have Flapper solo 20 Trained Grass Types instead.
Dragoon, take a Electrike and name it Buzz. Buzz like's "buzzing" his enemies, meaning paralyzing them. As such, he cannot attack directly unless the enemy is paralyzed, or the move he is using has a chance of causing paralysis. Have him defeat a major trainer of your choice (gym leader, rival, criminal team boss, Elite 4 member, etc.) by paralyzing every last one of their Pokemon.
Dragoon, take a Trapinch, must solo a gym leader to evolve to Vibrava, and three of Wally's pokemon (your choice) in Victory Road to evolve into Flygon.

Level 51

is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Its_A_Random knows how to be cruel in tl;dr fashion.
I can do it in a much shorter way.
He isn't going to get hardest Challange for the Page 300 Scramble Awards! >:(

Take Reverse the Spoink from Reversal Mountain.
Reverse must solo:
Colress (if Evil the Riolu stays Evil)
Shauntal and Grimsely (If Evil the Riolu becomes Justice)
(this overrides user_18's challenge, I guess you can move those 2 Pokemon over to Caitlin/Marshal)

HOWEVER. If at any point in time Reverse is in battle, and any other Pokemon in your team is not fainted, Reverse MUST be swapped out for one of those.

And just to add on to the difficulty factor, Reverse can't evolve. Or hold items.

You know what this means, right? Have fun.

Its_A_Random knows how to be cruel in tl;dr fashion.
I can do it in a much shorter way.
He isn't going to get hardest Challange for the Page 300 Scramble Awards! >:(

Take Reverse the Spoink from Reversal Mountain.
Reverse must solo:
Colress (if Evil the Riolu stays Evil)
Shauntal and Grimsely (If Evil the Riolu becomes Justice)
(this overrides user_18's challenge, I guess you can move those 2 Pokemon over to Caitlin/Marshal)
HOWEVER. If at any point in time Reverse is in battle, and any other Pokemon in your team is not fainted, Reverse MUST be swapped out for one of those.

You know what this means, right? Have fun.
See, true cruelty would have said no EXP Share. But since you didn't say that, that's exactly what Reverse will be holding. :) Deal with it.

Also, who's Colress? I can't solo him/her, if I don't know when I'll meet that character.

Actually, that's a rule now: I'll be soloing characters, but I may end up starting with some other Pokemon and switching first turn, since I don't know the locations of each character in the game, so I won't know when I need to solo. :)

IAR, that's accepted, except you have to summarise the restrictions for each section. I can't remember them all without a handy printable checklist. :)

So far I count Riolu, Magby, Magnemite, Spoink and Snivy. I still haven't gotten one from KS, though. I'll have to wait, then I guess. I'm planning to pick up my game tomorrow (assuming they still have stock, since I didn't bother to preorder since there's no bonus stuff).

KS should probably give me a water type, since I requested HMs available, and I don't have a Surf or Waterfall user yet.

Level 51

SHIT.
How did I forget the exp share
I suppose it's too late to change now :|
Wait, Treadshot's gone.
/me sneakily changes post

That's why I quoted your post, genius. It doesn't get changed even if you edit your original post. It's basically a time-stamped copy of the challenge. Which didn't say anything about items.

So Reverse will be holding an EXP Share, thank you. After all, I left loopholes in my challenges for others to exploit (I'm a nice person like that), so it's only fair I exploit loopholes in other people's challenges. :)

Dragoon124, you get Quiet the Taillow. He hates the things all other other Taillow are proud of: speed and their loud cries. He must always have one status move (not Agility and not growl) and he can't use TMs or HMs until he soloes one of Winona's pokemon.

Level 51

That's why I quoted your post, genius. It doesn't get changed even if you edit your original post. It's basically a time-stamped copy of the challenge. Which didn't say anything about items.

So Reverse will be holding an EXP Share, thank you. After all, I left loopholes in my challenges for others to exploit (I'm a nice person like that), so it's only fair I exploit loopholes in other people's challenges. :)
Okay, have a nice day! :)

Bump.
4 more pokemon for medium-easy diamond scramble.
Diamond and Pearl is really short on Fire types, so trade yourself over a Houndour called Apocalypse. It wants to show the world what a real Fire-type is like, so it has to choose to learn every Fire-type move it gets via level up, and keep them on its moveset forever. (Exception: if it already has four Fire-type moves, for whatever reason (say you taught it extras via TM), you can delete existing moves to make way for new Fire-type moves, if you want to. I don't think this is likely to happen though.) It wants to prove that Fire is a great attacking type even when it hits neutrally, and has completely forgotten about its Dark typing, so it has to solo every Pokémon in Maylene's gym except her Lucario (it gets bored when it finds something that's actually weak to Fire). It gets to evolve as soon as you reach that Gym (i.e. you can evolve it before doing the solo).

Flaresun, take a Staryu. It has the following restrictions:
- Solo Fantina to evolve.
- Solo all Eterna gym trainers without healing items (must be 3+ trainers) to unlock the use of moves over 60BP (up to and including 60BP is fine).
- Staryu may never switch into a rock type pokemon.
- Staryu must always switch into an electric type pokemon (It can switch back out right away if you like).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)