5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Ah...
Well I am not having fun not getting my Wondercard Poke...
Dammit Timer0, y u do dis?

EDIT: Got it on the 7th attempt. I've never had to deal with this crap in BW1...
Oh well, off to restart the game and get 2 more Genesects before ACTUALLY playing BW2. Thank god for Pokecheck.

Parameters don't change upon restart right?

Okay, now I know Timer0 is jumpy, but it seems I can't hit my shiny frame, since the frame I'm after is hex flawless (the Uxie hasn't shown any 31 characteristics). Is it just the Timer0 trolling or...?

Oh. Right. The IV Frame is at 1. The Shiny Frame is at 120. Requires Synch.

Edit: It seems like I got a 31 characteristic now, though I need to IV check it.
Edit 2: Ok, the IVs DID match up to what I'm after, though the nature is Relaxed and is NOT shiny.
Edit 3: The closest Relaxed Frame is at Frame 149. Missed it by quite a bit. :\ Oh well. Trying again, hoping this time will work.
Edit 4: Got it again, but it had a Serious nature. Same target IVs. It was a frame above my target I believe. Could be the NPCs in the area.
Edit 5: Now the frame seems to be tap dancing around my wanted frame. -3-

Does anyone have any idea how to calibrate for Standard seeds using EonTimer? I saw such option to do so and was wondering if this was used for DSi's.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay, now I know Timer0 is jumpy, but it seems I can't hit my shiny frame, since the frame I'm after is hex flawless (the Uxie hasn't shown any 31 characteristics). Is it just the Timer0 trolling or...?

Oh. Right. The IV Frame is at 1. The Shiny Frame is at 120. Requires Synch.

Edit: It seems like I got a 31 characteristic now, though I need to IV check it.
Edit 2: Ok, the IVs DID match up to what I'm after, though the nature is Relaxed and is NOT shiny.
Edit 3: The closest Relaxed Frame is at Frame 149. Missed it by quite a bit. :\ Oh well. Trying again, hoping this time will work.
Edit 4: Got it again, but it had a Serious nature. Same target IVs. It was a frame above my target I believe. Could be the NPCs in the area.
Edit 5: Now the frame seems to be tap dancing around my wanted frame. -3-
NPCs around Uxie are an enormous pain in the ass. It's entirely likely that those extra 30 frames you saw in edit 3 were from NPC advancements. You'll just have to keep going until you get it, or try using Chatot pitches if you can.

Is it supposed to take literally forever to find a seed with all IVs being 31 and a specific nature for Wondercard?

My remaining 2 Genesects are being roadblocked by actually finding a seed I want.

NPCs around Uxie are an enormous pain in the ass. It's entirely likely that those extra 30 frames you saw in edit 3 were from NPC advancements. You'll just have to keep going until you get it, or try using Chatot pitches if you can.
Problem with the Chatot Pitches is, they're blank/mute. SIGH. I should have gone after Mesprit first. Dx
Guess I'm doing the hardest RNG first. Yay. (unless Terrakion is harder D:)

ID abused with my birthday, but still ran into the same problem of timer0s.Should I just use 1107 when looking for stuff?

Is it supposed to take literally forever to find a seed with all IVs being 31 and a specific nature for Wondercard?

My remaining 2 Genesects are being roadblocked by actually finding a seed I want.
You're searching for a combination of IVs that is 1 / 32^6, on top of a 1 / 25 nature.
The chance to obtain that pokemon legitimately without RNG abuse is 1/26843545600, so I would assume it takes a while to find the date and time and frame within your parameters of that single poke.

But you know, that's just me.

Keep in mind the sheer number of seeds the search is going through, though. Statistically it's very much possible, but it'll take searching a few months and/or multiple keypresses.

Problem with the Chatot Pitches is, they're blank/mute. SIGH. I should have gone after Mesprit first. Dx
Guess I'm doing the hardest RNG first. Yay. (unless Terrakion is harder D:)
Re-record your Chatter, if at all possible. It helps immensely to have those to work with.

Re-saving also changes how many/few advances NPCs give you on a seed, so that may help to stabilize your results a bit.

I'm a noob again here. Just a question, how would I know which time to hit for ID/SID abuse in B/W? Should I use the one in RNG Reporter's Time Finder or Pandora's Box Search Parameters?

ID abused with my birthday, but still ran into the same problem of timer0s.Should I just use 1107 when looking for stuff?

Those are the numbers I got while id-abusing with me mistakenly trying to abuse something with timer0 1105. Should I just look at timer0s 1104 and 1107 in the future?

I used 1675 on my first successful attempt RNG'ing Genesect. I'm now going for ID/SID Abuse, but with no luck still. I got a timer0 of 1673 (with a different VCount), based on the searches I made. Can anyone help me with ID/SID abuse?

I have downloaded version 9.96 of RNGR 3 times now and I keep getting an error that the file is "not a valid win32 application."

Running Windows XP. If I re-download version 9.95, that version works, but when I replace it with 9.96, it won't open.

Help?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I have downloaded version 9.96 of RNGR 3 times now and I keep getting an error that the file is "not a valid win32 application."

Running Windows XP. If I re-download version 9.95, that version works, but when I replace it with 9.96, it won't open.

Help?
It doesn't work with XP due to using an incompatible version of .NET Framework. Slashmolder is planning to release another version that will work with XP, but wants to wait until all the other stuff (DSi/3DS, Unova Link, etc.) is finished before releasing it.

hey. i'm sure it's been asked a lot, but sifting threads sucks. does rng reporter support english bw2 yet? only concerned with wondercards right now.

How possible would it be to do this for a wondercard RNG: Figure out which poke I encounter with sweet scent when I hit my seed, run, fly to pokecentre with no NPCs, talk to delivery man to figure out what frame I'm at after all this.

If I can consistently hit the same frame entering the PC, this should be easier than just guessing if I hit my seed, right?

hey. i'm sure it's been asked a lot, but sifting threads sucks. does rng reporter support english bw2 yet? only concerned with wondercards right now.
Only on DS Phat/Lite. No Dsi/3DS support yet.
You also could have read the OP. You don't need to sift the thread lmao.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
How possible would it be to do this for a wondercard RNG: Figure out which poke I encounter with sweet scent when I hit my seed, run, fly to pokecentre with no NPCs, talk to delivery man to figure out what frame I'm at after all this.

If I can consistently hit the same frame entering the PC, this should be easier than just guessing if I hit my seed, right?
I don't really see the point, since you still have to actually hit your seed either way, and checking the WC mon's IVs/nature shouldn't be any slower.

I don't really see the point, since you still have to actually hit your seed either way, and checking the WC mon's IVs/nature shouldn't be any slower.
I'd get to avoid the chatot shit to check. And if I don't hit my seed, I won't know if the initial frame is actually 47 (the value I'm given) after all the advances. Idk I feel like it would make things easier for me, but I'm probably wrong. Maybe it's just knowing that I'm doing the advances while for sure having hit my seed.

I have several questions if anyone can answer them.

1. When are the IV's and Nature generated for the following legendaries: Mespirit/Azelf/Uxie/3 musketeers/Zekrom/Reshiram/Heatran/Latios/Cresselia?
2. Which of those pokes have NPC's who affect the advancement of the frame?
3. Will RNG reporter 9.95 work with calibrating and RNG capture in black 2 or do I have to update to 9.96?

Still trying to find an all-31 IV spread for Genesect... haha, this is taking forever. I've gone through every month for 10 years with all button press options thus far. Onward to the future!!

I admire you guys who ID/SID RNG. I am just waaaaaay too lazy for that; standard seeds (and hopefully eventual breeding in BW1) for me!

EDIT: Remedy, why do you have to check your frame for Wondercard through that hassle-some method? Don't you just copy the seed into the main page, and click "Calculate Initital PIDRNG frame"? That's what I did to find out how many Chatot advances I needed to do to get my Genesect, and after my Timer0 actually settled for the value I wanted I got my Genesect no problemo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)