5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I'd get to avoid the chatot shit to check. And if I don't hit my seed, I won't know if the initial frame is actually 47 (the value I'm given) after all the advances. Idk I feel like it would make things easier for me, but I'm probably wrong. Maybe it's just knowing that I'm doing the advances while for sure having hit my seed.
You do realize that you can use the Chatot calls to verify your seed while you're advancing, right? RNG Reporter has a column in the main window results just for that feature. It's not like it's hard to tell the difference between the tones, either. Even if you can't, more often than not the pattern itself is enough.

BTW, as long as you're in a PC with no moving NPCs (like the League one) and you don't have your roamers running or anything, RNG Reporter's pretty much always going to show the right initial frame.

EDIT: Remedy, why do you have to check your frame for Wondercard through that hassle-some method? Don't you just copy the seed into the main page, and click "Calculate Initital PIDRNG frame"? That's what I did to find out how many Chatot advances I needed to do to get my Genesect, and after my Timer0 actually settled for the value I wanted I got my Genesect no problemo.
I do, but iirc it's not always right. Idk, I'm just doing it over and over with the number of advances rng reporter tells me to do now until I hit it I suppose~

I do, but iirc it's not always right. Idk, I'm just doing it over and over with the number of advances rng reporter tells me to do now until I hit it I suppose~
Check the adjacent seeds, see if you're getting one of those.
It took me 7 tries hitting everything right to get my Genesect, simply because my Timer0 kept fluctuating up and down. But at least I knew I wasn't getting it because of chance, not because I was doing something wrong.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I have several questions if anyone can answer them.

1. When are the IV's and Nature generated for the following legendaries: Mespirit/Azelf/Uxie/3 musketeers/Zekrom/Reshiram/Heatran/Latios/Cresselia?
2. Which of those pokes have NPC's who affect the advancement of the frame?
3. Will RNG reporter 9.95 work with calibrating and RNG capture in black 2 or do I have to update to 9.96?
1. Latios is generated during the short cutscene after you take the last step to encounter it. All the others are generated when you talk to them.
2. Uxie and Latios do, not sure about all the others.
3. You have to update.
Is PID abuse gone in white 2?
No, it's exactly the same as before.

1. Latios is generated during the short cutscene after you take the last step to encounter it. All the others are generated when you talk to them.
2. Uxie and Latios do, not sure about all the others.
3. You have to update.

No, it's exactly the same as before.
Are you sure? Yesterday I tried and but it used standard seed instead of PIDRNG in the main window. I also got the bad IVs displayed in the one with standard seed.

Re-record your Chatter, if at all possible. It helps immensely to have those to work with.

Re-saving also changes how many/few advances NPCs give you on a seed, so that may help to stabilize your results a bit.
Yeah, I did that and IT WORKED!! I got my shiny Uxie in a Luxury Ball. <3 Strangely, I only used two, surprised me a whole lot.
Now onto Latias.

Edit: Speaking of Latias, do the NPCs still move while Latias is confronting you?

Hello, I'm new to RNG-ing and wanted to hopefully find the answers to a few questions about setting up parameters! I read through the original post and the BW2-related posts and had a few things I was unsure of, but apologies if they're rather obvious answers that I missed.

Since my version of White 2 is brand new and I haven't played through any of it yet, is it possible to use the IV-method with your starter pokemon to determine parameters? Or do you have to use sweet scent with a wild pokemon? Since I don't have a Mac to use the Unova-link method, I was planning on using the IV-method in conjunction with Pokecheck to come up with results. I'm guessing it'll probably be a bit more difficult since I'm trying to get the parameters at the start of the game, but since I want to ID/SID abuse for a shiny starter my choices are kind of limited.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Are you sure? Yesterday I tried and but it used standard seed instead of PIDRNG in the main window. I also got the bad IVs displayed in the one with standard seed.
I'm a little confused now, what exactly are you trying to do?
but does you id/sid have to correspond to a shiny spread?
There's no such thing as "shiny spreads" in 5th gen, since PID and IVs are unrelated. Any spread can be shiny with any ID/SID.
Hello, I'm new to RNG-ing and wanted to hopefully find the answers to a few questions about setting up parameters! I read through the original post and the BW2-related posts and had a few things I was unsure of, but apologies if they're rather obvious answers that I missed.

Since my version of White 2 is brand new and I haven't played through any of it yet, is it possible to use the IV-method with your starter pokemon to determine parameters? Or do you have to use sweet scent with a wild pokemon? Since I don't have a Mac to use the Unova-link method, I was planning on using the IV-method in conjunction with Pokecheck to come up with results. I'm guessing it'll probably be a bit more difficult since I'm trying to get the parameters at the start of the game, but since I want to ID/SID abuse for a shiny starter my choices are kind of limited.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help!
You could do it with your starter theoretically, but if you're using Pokécheck that won't be very efficient since you can't use it until after you get the C-Gear anyway.

You could do it with your starter theoretically, but if you're using Pokécheck that won't be very efficient since you can't use it until after you get the C-Gear anyway.
Ack, I completely forgot about the C-Gear, silly of me. I'll probably see if a friend will let me use their Mac so I can find my parameters from the start, in that case. The Unova Link method seems tons easier. Thanks a lot for answering my question!

So, I have had NO issues with RNG in Black 1 on my DSi. Both Eggs AND Stationary Legendaries. How come I can't RNG my Heatran in Black 2? I am finding my Standard Seed IV's, and the corresponding PIDRNG frame, but my results are VERY poor. Not once have I hit anything remotely correct. Any advice?

So, I have had NO issues with RNG in Black 1 on my DSi. Both Eggs AND Stationary Legendaries. How come I can't RNG my Heatran in Black 2? I am finding my Standard Seed IV's, and the corresponding PIDRNG frame, but my results are VERY poor. Not once have I hit anything remotely correct. Any advice?
In BW2 there are TONS of timer0 trolls. Make sure you calibrate your parameters at least 10 times to verify you've got the right range for timer0. I've read that some people can see 10 different timer0 values on the same cart / DS

In BW2 there are TONS of timer0 trolls. Make sure you calibrate your parameters at least 10 times to verify you've got the right range for timer0. I've read that some people can see 10 different timer0 values on the same cart / DS
I have done that. I calibrated my parameters 9 times, and 3 of them were 167E with the other 6 being completely different. So I am using parameters with a timer0 of 167E. Is it because I am using a DSi?

I'm having some trouble with RNG breeding hidden abilities in Black, so I hope someone can help me with this:
I used the latest version of PPRNG to find a seed/frame that would give me a female Eevee with its hidden ability. I put a Japanese female Eevee with Adaptability and a male English Lillipup in the daycare. Neither of them had a held item. I then hit my frame, collected the egg and hatched it. Now what I don't understand is: the gender, nature, characteristic and IV's were correct, but it didn't have its dw ability even though according to the frame it should. Am I missing something here/doing something wrong? I used seed 2D66F82F0DCFFCFF and frame 134.

I have done that. I calibrated my parameters 9 times, and 3 of them were 167E with the other 6 being completely different. So I am using parameters with a timer0 of 167E. Is it because I am using a DSi?
Yes, no programs currently support DSi/3DS RNGing, if I recall correctly.

It's strange, the beginning of this thread USED to have a warning stating that, now it is gone... Has it been updated? If so, why is DogfishHead still having trouble?

Hi guys, I've been playing around with the RNG manipulation in B&W2, and it's mostly been going well. I understand about the fluctuating timer0, and while I haven't done the full 10 calibrations, I've done a few and am amble to hit my seed fairly often. I've played the game far enough to obtain the C-Gear, and have been able to use pokecheck to verify I am able to hit my intended IV spread. (Oooh yeah, near flawless Sewaddle!)

The problem I'm having is I'd like to restart the game for a controlled TID. I've been following the using RNG Reporter 9.961and the TID guide for B&W here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/group.php?do=discuss&gmid=109518, and am very close to getting it, but keep running into problems at the very end.

The problem is my initial frame is always higher than my target frame. I've hit about 5 different seeds so far, and the result is a useless target frame every time.

Do I need to just keep trying till I get it? When the guide says I need to pick a new seed, does it mean a new seed for generating the TID, or does it mean I have to go back to square 1 and generate an entirely new spread? So far I've mostly been picking a different frame on the same spread, then going to a new spread once I run out of decent frames?

Also one more thing I'd like to verify, when I'm generating the frames for nature, gender, and encounter slot on my initial seed, the TID and SID input into RNG Reporter should be the TID and SID for my current existing save file that I will be replacing with a new game, correct?

Yes, no programs currently support DSi/3DS RNGing, if I recall correctly.

It's strange, the beginning of this thread USED to have a warning stating that, now it is gone... Has it been updated? If so, why is DogfishHead still having trouble?
I know 3DS RNG works for BW1 haven't tried BW2 yet. I've RNGed a few pokes on my 3DS already for teams on my Black 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)