5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I have Windows 7. The only thing I can think of is that when I first downloaded it and it asks you to save the profiles, I clicked out. Though, I doubt that would permanently prevent me from saving them.

I'll try reinstalling it and see if that works...

I couldn't make profiles either on W7.

What you can do is do any timer finder and register your parameters there, it will save you that profile.
Then you can duplicate that profile and edit it to make another.

When I click "OK" after inputting info for a new profile it NEVER EVER saves it.

But I can't do Time Finder without registering the profiles first. It just exits out of that window. As for registering the parameters, the only thing that I've done thus far is find DS parameters via Stats to IVs. After that there's nothing I can do without registering them.

Okay, I am so damn tired of not getting Keldeo, and I forgot most of the stuff about RNGing. Once I have my Keldeo that is incorrect, how do I use its nature and IVs to check which seed I hit and what characteristics that seed has? HELP!

Wait, nevermind. I just found the parameters again and used the "Use Results in Time Finder" button. That worked out well, though that's probably a glitch for a later update.

I am officially completely lost as to how the RNG works.
im on White 2, trying to learn to IV manipulate first, using kyurem.
I set it to look for a seed with 31 HP,ATK,SPATK,and SPD ivs,with the others set to any.

I find a seed, which in my case is set for 10/14/2012 at 07.09.19
I set my clock to 07.08.00 and set Eontimer for the remaining seconds. I start my game when the timer on hits 0,and battle kyurem as soon as I load in, making sure the C-gear isnt turned on. this should give me the IVs that I put in, no? The IV frame for this seed is 1,and ve been trying to get this figured out for hours. its as if my 3ds doesnt want to cooperate...

Whew, after getting the starter over and over again, here's what I found. Hopefully, this will help others starting the game.

Pokemon White 2 (Retail Cart) - DS Lite
Timer0 Range: 10F3 - 10F5 (I am usually able to hit 10F5 closer to the actual second, 10F3 a little earlier, and 10F4 earliest. It doesn't always happen, but that's how I usually get the Timer0).
TID/SID Initial Frame: 37 (you might need to calibrate the initial frame, but regardless, it's not 28 like the default in Pandora's Box)
VCount: 82
VFrame: 6

I am at a loss at how to figure out the initial frame for the PIDRNG for the starter. Hopefully, this info will help researchers:
MAC Address: 0019FD8ACF55
Seed: 519A0C075CD7D153
PIDRNG When Getting Starter Frame: 47 (I could tell because I got a Female Bashful Snivy)

Somebody PLEASE help me; I'm so lost.
How do I check what I'm hitting for the Wondercard method in BW1?

T_T
Try the adjacent seed tool. Go to 5th gen. Tools and select Adjacent Seed Tool from the drop down menu. Fill in all the right info and then generate (make sure you have the method set to wondercard 5th gen!).

Are you in a Pokemon Center with no moving NPCs? And, are you sure you're hitting your seed correctly? As in, pressing the right keypresses, right date/time, parameters are entered correctly?

I'm in the Giant Chasm Hidden Grotto ready to rng for a Ditto.. but my dowsing machine says there's an item in there and I can't pick it up. I've stood above, below, left and right of the tile but I just can't pick it up. I've went to other hollows and I've been able to pick things up anywhere else but here. Does anyone know what I have to do to empty it? Do I have to empty out all of the other grottos or something? If it helps, I already rnged a Ditto to show up and caught it (with bad IVs). Not sure if already having a Ditto would affect it or something?

Is there any disadvantage to using Memory Link early on? Like will it have some negative effect on the spreads I can find? Or is it better for me to Memory Link when I've RNGed everything I want?

hello. can i find my parameters early in white 2? if not, when is the earliest?
I was able to get them as soon as I got to Virbank, using the Pokemon in the complex. The first time around I needed to grind on Audino to get decent IV ranges, but once you figure out the VCount, VFrame, GxStat, etc., you can set those so that the parameter finder doesn't search a wide range of them.

After that, just getting IV ranges from the freshly caught Pokemon worked well enough for me to do the rest of the testing.

Are you in a Pokemon Center with no moving NPCs? And, are you sure you're hitting your seed correctly? As in, pressing the right keypresses, right date/time, parameters are entered correctly?
The only obvious "error" is that somehow my parameters for White changed between now and 8 months ago on the exact same DS system...
And I don't think that's supposed to happen?

i suggest as soon as you beat the 1st gym... and use pokecheck via gts to check the ivs...
the method is the same as in black/white right? i just beat the first gym. i just turn off my game, note the time, turn it on and catch a pokemon?is walking in the grass same as using sweet scent? thank you for the info btw :)

the method is the same as in black/white right? i just beat the first gym. i just turn off my game, note the time, turn it on and catch a pokemon?is walking in the grass same as using sweet scent? thank you for the info btw :)
yeah its the same but only you need to do lot of tests to get your paras as there are about 12-15 timer0s this time...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)