Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Actually, I am going to keep the title as Scrambled Eggs for a while, I kinda like it. (I edited in the changing title bit) inb4 Treadshot protests.

Also, holy shit, it is Sprocket. Some guy who has not been in here for ages.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
And now, give me a fun monotype Black 2 scramble! Trading is allowed from Gen 4 and BW1, as are Dream World ability mons. Here are the restrictions:

• First person gets to pick my monotype. If said type is not available pre-Gym 1, that type is still allowed, but obviously can't be enforced
  • No Kanto, Johto, Sinnoh, Hoenn, Unova starters.
  • No Electric rodents.
  • No Gen 4-only and DW-only moves, please.
**EDIT** Monotype is Poison!

Pokemon So Far:

Take Enviro the Koffing.

Enviro is very interested with the environment and all that is within it! So, every move it uses must pertain to the environment in some way.

In case that's not clear enough, the moves are:
Poison Gas
Smog
SmokeScreen
Clear Smog
Haze
Sunny Day
Rain Dance

Alternate Easier Mode: Include the following moves.
Sludge
Selfdestruct
Sludge Bomb
Explosion
Toxic

Solo any two Gym Leaders of your choice, one of which must be before Enviro evolves.

@Sprocket take Neat Freak (or whatever variation fits) the Grimer. This Grimer hates all the stereotypes about poison-types, and especially Grimers, being filthy. He is very clean, and so must never learn:

Poison Gas
Mud-Slap
Sludge
Mud Bomb
Sludge Bomb
Sludge Wave
Gunk Shot
Toxic

If he comes with any of those, he must never use them and forget them ASAP. He must solo a gym leader to evolve. He also must never have a status ailment or under half HP, because he feels dirty (bloody, etc.). If he is under half HP or has a status ailment for more than 3 turns, he goes berserk, and must stay out of battle until the next gym, where he soloes it (the WHOLE thing), disregarding all other restrictions on that gym. GL;HF!

you get Scrambled the Trubbish.

Scrambled has lead a Scrambled life, where basically, all of its restrictions are scrambled.

For its Move restrictions, RNG 3 random Level-Up moves & one HM move at the beginning of the game. Whatever moves you get make up its movepool.

For each Gym Leader that has to be soloed by another Scramble Pokemon, Scrambled must solo the same amount of Gym Leaders. Scrambled can only solo up to three Gym Leaders maximum.

Finally, RNG for one other Pokemon you get. Scrambled's level must be within 5 levels of that Pokemon.

Sprocket, take Freedom the Zubat. Freedom must never solo a trainer, hold an item, or be placed in a PC. Once Freedom evolves, he constantly tries to get away from you. Freedom may not switch out unless he uses Fly for the previous two turns. Freedom may not use Fly outside of battle unless he is KO'd. Lastly, Freedom likes Team Plasma, and so may not deal damage to one of its members. Once Freedom evolves into Crobat, he now realizes team Plasma is evil and must solo all its members.

Sprocket, you get Shelly the Oshawott. It must solo the entire first part of the game, including Cheren himself, before you get your first Poison-type. Once you get the Poison-type, box Shelly in Virbank City.

And speaking of which, that Poison-type has to be a Venipede from Route 20. Name it Battle Bug. It may only use attacking moves its entire life, and must solo an entire gym.

Good luck!

Also, holy shit, it is Sprocket. Some guy who has not been in here for ages.
I know, right!
Bump.
4 more pokemon for medium-easy diamond scramble.
If you're still looking, you get the One Life Pokemon! This Pokemon will always be the first wild Pokemon you encounter in an area or route, so long as it doesn't interfere with another challenge.

However! Every time it is KO'd, it is KO'd for good and must be released! You must then immediately catch the next wild Pokemon you encounter, and use that as your replacement. Also, if the One Life Pokemon is not within 2 levels of the highest Pokemon in your party, you cannot battle Team Galactic members, Gym Leaders, use the HM Fly.

If by some chance the One Life Pokemon is shiny, then you can permanently replace it with the Pokemon of your choice, and give it an infinite number of 1-Up Mushrooms.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Reserving for Sprocket...?
/me picks Poison

-~-~-~-

Take Enviro the Koffing.

Enviro is very interested with the environment and all that is within it! So, every move it uses must pertain to the environment in some way.

In case that's not clear enough, the moves are:
Poison Gas
Smog
SmokeScreen
Clear Smog
Haze
Sunny Day
Rain Dance

Alternate Easier Mode: Include the following moves.
Sludge
Selfdestruct
Sludge Bomb
Explosion
Toxic

Solo any two Gym Leaders of your choice, one of which must be before Enviro evolves.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
@ Sprocket: Hang Ten on your Mono-Water Scramble with Scrambled the Psyduck!

Scrambled has lead a Scrambled life, where basically, all of its restrictions are scrambled.

For its Move restrictions, RNG 3 random Level-Up moves & one HM move at the beginning of the game. Whatever moves you get make up its movepool.

For each Gym Leader that has to be soloed by another Scramble Pokemon, Scrambled must solo the same amount of Gym Leaders. Scrambled can only solo up to three Gym Leaders maximum.

Finally, RNG for one other Pokemon you get. Scrambled's level must be within 5 levels of that Pokemon.

Have fun.

Also, Level-51 is a noob. Real men do not reserve when writing challenges, fool!

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Also, Level-51 is a noob. Real men do not reserve when writing challenges, fool!
>:(

Sprocket, if you want to use Water for your Monotype, take Conformist the Staryu.

Conformist was always the odd one out when it was little, being a starfish among a literal sea of fish. Whenever it enters battle, it feels the pressure to be the same as others. So, if at any point during a battle it is not exactly the same type as (at least one of) its opponent(s), it must use Reflect Type before it can attack at all.

Solo either Marlon or all the trainers in his Gym to evolve.
Solo Colress after this, to show it's on par with everyone's favourite eccentric scientist! :>

Reserving is fair game. It's presence was always so that everyone could get a chance to post challenges, as well as actually make better challenges, since we didn't need to rush through the writing process for fear of being ninja'd.

----------------------------------
Also, I've gotten to Flocessy Ranch and caught my Azurill and Riolu.

Currently I have racked up 3 in game hours, mainly due to raising Pathetic the Azurill. It was caught at Level 5 as the first Azurill I sighted, and I was overjoyed that it had Thick Fat.

Now that I've got it up to Level 14, it's got Bubblebeam to deal some significant damage (ironically, it's the most powerful attack I've got). It's also got a lot of HP. I only regret not checking it's Nature, as it's Impish, which lowers Special Attack. Damn. As if I need Pathetic to be hindered even more. Still, Bubblebeam is killing Lv 7 Lillipups...y'know, pokemon half Azurill's level. :(

Evil the Riolu is still at Level 7, exactly as I caught it. I've only used it a few times, as while Quick Attack is good priority, I want to let it lead the party after Aspertia Gym. My Snivy is already overleveled, so I'll let Evil get the EXP from Aspertia to Virbank.

LordSnake the Snivy is being very good. While the really shoddy damage output from STAB Vine Whip is horribly crippling (seriously, Azurill's Water Gun off 13 ATK does more than STAB Vine Whip off 20 ATK...), LordSnake does have good defenses on the physical side so he tanks attacks pretty well. Not as well as Azurill, ironcially. And they're the same level.

The good news is that LordSnake can't use Boosting or Status moves, however I've been spamming Leer like crazy, as it's neither a boost nor a status. It's a Special move, but it doesn't cause status nor does it boost LordSnake, so it's completely fair game. :)

So yeah, to sum it all up, LordSnake has a loophole which made it easy to raise early on, and Pathetic the Azurill, even with a special attack hindering nature has been the star of the team. It's actually a lot better than I thought it would be, though I suspect Evil will take over that spot soon enough.

I just need to grind a bit more before Aspertia Gym, as Azurill can't be used from Aspertia to Castelia, after which it'll only have 2 hours to train before Burgh. So it's off to Flocessy Ranch to rack up levels before setting Azurill aside for a while. :)

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
BUMP still need one more Pokemon for my easy-mid Emerald Scramble.
You get Nuzlocke the Nuzleaf. You can do anything with him except evolve him to Shiftry. Good luck!
@ Sprocket: Hang Ten on your Mono-Water Scramble with Scrambled the Psyduck!
Sprocket, if you want to use Water for your Monotype, take Conformist the Staryu.
Rejecting because Level 51 ninja'd with a Poison monotype challenge, which is also a more interesting challenge to undertake than water. It's_A_Random, you get to re-pick.

Did anyybody see my challenge? http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4427794&postcount=6217

@Sprocket take Neat Freak (or whatever variation fits) the Grimer. This Grimer hates all the stereotypes about poison-types, and especially Grimers, being filthy. He is very clean, and so must never learn:

Poison Gas
Mud-Slap
Sludge
Mud Bomb
Sludge Bomb
Sludge Wave
Gunk Shot
Toxic

If he comes with any of those, he must never use them and forget them ASAP. He must solo a gym leader to evolve. He also must never have a status ailment or under half HP, because he feels dirty (bloody, etc.). If he is under half HP or has a status ailment for more than 3 turns, he goes berserk, and must stay out of battle until the next gym, where he soloes it (the WHOLE thing), disregarding all other restrictions on that gym. GL;HF!

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Postponing my Monotype Scramble due to lack of interest on my part...So, I'll start a Scramble of White 2!

Rules:
- Easy/Medium
- MUST HAVE: Snivy and ONE of the following: Mareep, Magnemite, Elekid
Espeon65, you get MartyMcFly the male Elekid. MartyMcFly dreams of generating 1.21 Jiggowatts of electricity during a rain storm and running 88 miles per hour. As such, he can only learn Electric-type moves and the moves Quick Attack, Screech, Swift, Rain Dance, Swagger, Rest, Sleep Talk, and Strength. He must solo Elesa to evolve into Electabuzz, and cannot use Eviolite once evolved to Electabuzz. He cannot evolve to Electivire.

Sprocket, take Freedom the Zubat. Freedom must never solo a trainer, hold an item, or be placed in a PC. Once Freedom evolves, he constantly tries to get away from you. Freedom may not switch out unless he uses Fly for the previous two turns. Freedom may not use Fly outside of battle unless he is KO'd. Lastly, Freedom likes Team Plasma, and so may not deal damage to one of its members. Once Freedom evolves into Crobat, he now realizes team Plasma is evil and must solo all its members.

1 more soulsilver very hard scramblemon!

The team so far:
Hatred the Togepi

XAkaviri, take Hatred the Togepi. When Hatred was in its egg, a mishap occurred that caused it to be emotionally inverted, causing it to mercilessly attack whatever it comes across (can't switch out, always under the effect of Taunt. Metronome doesn't count as an attacking move) and also because of the mishap, Hatred despises everybody, but you in particular to the point where it will accept absolutely no items from you and will attack its teammates in double battles.

Now, you're probably thinking "How is Hatred supposed to evolve if Togepi's means of evolution is happiness?" The answer to that is it won't, unless of course it successfully soloes the Rocket Grunt in the Kimono Dance Theater (yes, that's what it's actually called) and later the Kimono Girls themselves. The reason for this is because the Kimono Girls are the ones who originally posessed the Togepi egg. After defeating them, Hatred must lead your party when you go to the Whirl Islands to battle Lugia. (Note: Hatred does not have to battle Lugia.) In case you're wondering why, the dance the Kimono Girls perform there is not only to awaken Lugia, but also as a purification ceremony, much like in Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD's Agate Village. In other words, when the Kimono Girls are performing under Whirl Islands, they are essentially "purifying" Hatred, causing it to become a normal Togepi that loves everybody and everything, allowing it to evolve.

Now that Hatred has been purified, it decides to refute its own ways, meaning that every restriction it had as a Togepi is now reversed. (it will accept items from you, it can only have one attacking move which it cannot use unless it has used its other moves in the same battle, will never attack its teammates, is able to switch out) Also, Hatred decides to change its moveset entirely (Note: the amount of attacking moves Happiness can know is the opposite of how many it had as a Togepi. For example, if it had 3 attacking moves as a Togepi, it can only have one as a Togetic, and if it had 2 as a Togepi, it will have 2 as a Togetic.) and change its nickname to Happiness in commemoration of this. Finally, to prove that it loves you rather than hates you, it soloes an Elite Four member of your choice. After that is completed, Happiness may evolve again.

Have fun!

(^Perfect example of what I want^)

Joey the Rattata

You get Joey the Rattata. He must be a Male Rattata, and must be caught in Route 29 immediately after receiving your first Poke Balls. He is the 1% of all Rattata! In order to evolve him into Raticate, he must meet all of the following criteria:

Defeat Joey's Rattata in Route 30 at level 3.
Defeat Joey's Raticate in Route 30 (rematch battle) while level 29 or lower.
Must have the ability Run Away.
His moveset must include Quick Attack, one STAB that's not Quick Attack, one non-STAB, and one status move.
Furthermore, he must successfully employ the F.E.A.R. strategy against any Gym Leader before you are allowed to fight Red (since getting a Focus Sash is impractical, use Endure to accomplish this).

Leaf the Chikorita

XAkaviri, keep Leaf the Chikorita, except now it's only allowed moves of 35 BP or less (again, they can only be physical after the split) and this cap increases by 5 every badge. Again, must evolve into Bayleef after the third gym and into Meganium after the kimono girls.

Ash the Zubat

@XAkaviri you want a hard one? Okay, take Ash the Zubat. Ash “wants to be the very best, like no one ever was” (yes, you have to sing the song in your head). Ash must solo any other Zubat-lines as a Zubat. Ash must solo Whitney to evolve to Golbat, since he hears she is a very tough Gym leader to battle. Once Ash is a Golbat, he must defeat any pokemon he is sent out against, or die trying, along with soloing Zubat-lines. Ash must solo Jasmine to evolve to Crobat. Once Ash is a Crobat, he must never switch out against any pokemon (unless they have SE STAB), along with the other two challenges. Ash must solo Archer to prove he is the best Crobat/team member. Now that Ash thinks he is the best, he thinks he can take any pokemon you can throw at him. He must never switch out against any pokemon. He must also solo your rival in Victory Road. He must solo Will of the E4, and then is the best of the best. If you are going through to Red: He must solo Lt. Surge and Sabrina. He feels he is the strongest in the world now. He must solo Red’s Pikachu and any other ONE of Red’s pokemon.

All challenges:
As a Zubat:
- solo all other Zubat-lines
- solo Whitney to evolve
As a Golbat:
- defeat any pokemon switched into
- solo Jasmine to evolve
As a Crobat:
- never switch out against un-SE pokemon
- solo Archer
As a (better?) Crobat:
- never switch out, period
- solo rival in Victory Road
- solo Will
If you are going through to Red:
- solo Lt. Surge
- solo Sabrina
- solo Red’s Pikachu and ONE other pokemon of Red’s

I HOPE YOU SUFFER GL;HF! I hope it's hard enough for you...

CageMemory the Dratini

Take CageMemory the Dratini.

One day, a Dratini was slithering along in the Dragon's Den. Suddenly, a bunch of asshole poachers entered the den, grabbed this Dratini, and brought it off to the Goldenrod Game Corner, where it was to be a prize to those who spent enough time flipping Voltorbs the finger. Eventually, you enter the Game Corner and see its plight. So, you spend hours earning coins off the slave master (a.k.a. Mr. Game) by playing his torturous game, eventually clinching enough coins to buy this Dratini out! But it seems the countless days it spent in a cage in the game corner have had a few effects on it...

After all the months spent watching Voltorbs appear and prevent customers from freeing it, CageMemory has a perennial hatred for these abominations of nature. So, it must destroy every Voltorb or Electrode it comes across, no exceptions.
Being sold simply as an object for money has made it loathe money. It will not use any items that can be bought (even if you didn't actually buy them).
Mr. Game's face has left its imprint on its mind. So, it must solo all Gym Leaders with moustaches (i.e. Chuck and Blaine), as well as the Team Rocket Executive with the stupid-ass face, Petrel (on both occasions).

Good Luck; Have Fun!

I haven't used this account in so long, but the idea of a scramble seems so interesting I just had to. :)

I want to do a scramble for Heart Gold. I can't trade, btw. I want something hard, but not brain-numbingly grindy or suicidally difficult. Also, it must include a Cyndaquil (I don't know why, but I always pick it when I play HG).

Edit: Also, I forgot to mention: assume that this is only going to last until I beat the E4 the first time, not until I beat Red.

Take Rattled the Cyndaquil. Rattled must not fight any Bug, Ghost, or Dark types. If hit by one of those type's attacks, e.g. Bug Bite, Bite, Astonish, Rattled may not switch out and must only use STAB moves. Rattled must suffer this 20 times to evolve the first time, and must evolve the second time right after soloing a trainer with at least 4 pokemon. Lastly, Rattled must never use non-STAB SE moves.
Getting hit by that many bug, ghost and dark moves without facing any Pokemon of those types is going to be tricky...he's going to be a Cyndaquil for a long time, isn't he? Then again, I did ask for something challenging :)

Take Rattled the Cyndaquil. Rattled must not fight any Bug, Ghost, or Dark types. If hit by one of those type's attacks, e.g. Bug Bite, Bite, Astonish, Rattled may not switch out and must only use STAB moves. Rattled must suffer this 20 times to evolve the first time, and must evolve the second time right after soloing a trainer with at least 4 pokemon. Lastly, Rattled must never use non-STAB SE moves.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I want to do a scramble for Heart Gold. I can't trade, btw. I want something hard, but not brain-numbingly grindy or suicidally difficult. Also, it must include a Cyndaquil (I don't know why, but I always pick it when I play HG).)
Nik S, you get Kobra the Ekans from the Goldenrod Game Corner. In order to evolve into an Arbok, you must successfully poison a Poison or Steel-type.

That time has sadly come for me, the time for me to leave Smogon. Because of this, I'm going to give one last challange out, in haiku form. Hydrattler, you can have:

Any Pokemon
In battle, it can only
Use Hidden Power.

:)

Good luck, and happy scrambling!

[youtube]xghYihKX9Es[/youtube]

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
@ Treadshot A1: You do realise that the noob comment was a joke, right? Also, turns out you will prolly not get as much time as you hope to grind Azurill for... :)

@ Sprocket: Let us try this thing again, shall we? (Fuck Level 51)

This time, you get Scrambled the Trubbish.

For its Move restrictions, RNG 3 random Level-Up moves & one B2W2 Tutor move at the beginning of the game. Whatever moves you get make up its movepool.

Have fun. Yes, this is the same challenge as before, but I am lazy as fuck.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
This time, you get Scrambled the Trubbish.
Hooray, I was hoping for a Trubbish! However I'm a little confused by "RNG 3 random Level-Up moves & one HM move" and "RNG for one other Pokemon you get." What do you mean exactly?

Also, Trubbish and Garbodor can't learn HM moves, even if you include previous generation HMs. Was this intentional?

I still don't have any challanges...

@Hydrattler take BadStats the Lillipup. Sadly, I'm gonna make you look until you get a Modest one (+Sp. Atk, -Atk). He wants to prove he can still function properly, so must know one Special move, one Physical move, one STAB (Special, Physical, or Status) move, and one status move. One of the Sp./Phys. moves must be non-STAB. He must solo your rival to evolve to Herdier. He must solo a gym to evolve to Stoutland. He must solo 2 E4 pokemon, AND 1 of Marshal's pokemon (doesn't count as 1 of your 2 E4 pokemon). GL;HF!

@XAkaviri you want a hard one? Okay, take Ash the Zubat. Ash “wants to be the very best, like no one ever was” (yes, you have to sing the song in your head). Ash must solo any other Zubat-lines as a Zubat. Ash must solo Whitney to evolve to Golbat, since he hears she is a very tough Gym leader to battle. Once Ash is a Golbat, he must defeat any pokemon he is sent out against, or die trying, along with soloing Zubat-lines. Ash must solo Jasmine to evolve to Crobat. Once Ash is a Crobat, he must never switch out against any pokemon (unless they have SE STAB), along with the other two challenges. Ash must solo Archer to prove he is the best Crobat/team member. Now that Ash thinks he is the best, he thinks he can take any pokemon you can throw at him. He must never switch out against any pokemon. He must also solo your rival in Victory Road. He must solo Will of the E4, and then is the best of the best. If you are going through to Red: He must solo Lt. Surge and Sabrina. He feels he is the strongest in the world now. He must solo Red’s Pikachu and any other ONE of Red’s pokemon.

All challenges:
As a Zubat:
- solo Whitney to evolve
As a Golbat:
- solo Jasmine to evolve
As a Crobat:
- solo Archer
As a (better?) Crobat:
- solo Will
- solo Lt. Surge
- solo Sabrina

I still don't have any challanges...

@Hydrattler take BadStats the Lillipup. Sadly, I'm gonna make you look until you get a Modest one (+Sp. Atk, -Atk). He wants to prove he can still function properly, so must know one Special move, one Physical move, one STAB (Special, Physical, or Status) move, and one status move. One of the Sp./Phys. moves must be non-STAB. He must solo your rival to evolve to Herdier. He must solo a gym to evolve to Stoutland. He must solo 2 E4 pokemon, AND 1 of Marshal's pokemon (doesn't count as 1 of your 2 E4 pokemon). GL;HF!

All challenges:
As a Zubat:
- solo Whitney to evolve
As a Golbat:
- solo Jasmine to evolve
As a Crobat:
- solo Archer
As a (better?) Crobat:
- solo Will
- solo Lt. Surge
- solo Sabrina

Yeah man this challenge is great, thanks.

Only 2 more!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)