5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

guys please help me
ive downloaded rng reporter 9.96.1 and when i open it it doesnt open or nothing happens?
note that the older versons works fine but why this not? i double click on it and then nothing happens
iam using win7 btw 32bit
any help guys :(

Ah, I was afraid those NPCs would count as wandering, but it explains a lot.
I guess I just picked a difficult seed to determine starting frames for to begin with, as well - I used the generate adjacent seed tool to look at the spreads for the other timer0s, and turns out that the second before mine has a spread with a flawless attack stat and the one after has a flawless HP stat. So it seems the only reliable characteristic to determine frame my off of is 'Mischievous' on the current seed. Also, saving exits you out of the menu, so RNGing a starter is indeed difficult, unfortunately... though out of sheer stubbornness I'm going try a few more times and see what happens. x_x

Outrage, I'm curious, are you hitting those frames in the hundreds after waiting a few seconds, or is that right after you boot the game and talk to Bianca? I want to retry my process with a different seed but I've no idea what to shoot for, since it seems I've gotten from as low as the 50s to as high as the 100s depending on how long I wait.
I'm hitting the high frames after a few seconds. If I talk to Bianca right away I hit a way earlier frame, around the 50s just like you. I don't think it's worth RNGing a starter now really. I just want to start playing the game!

I'm hitting the high frames after a few seconds. If I talk to Bianca right away I hit a way earlier frame, around the 50s just like you. I don't think it's worth RNGing a starter now really. I just want to start playing the game!
I know the feel bro, but I eventually RNG'd a perfect oshawott. Just took for friggen ever.

Anyone else getting a different VCount and Timer0 combo? I'm postive that I have hit a different VCount-Timer0 combo. The first VC-T0 combo I got was AD-1675 (getting WC Genesect), next was AC-1673 (TID/SID abuse), and now AC-1671 (been consistently hit for a while now while calibrating). I'm not sure if this is a problem with my cartridge or my console. =/

Other weird parameters I've hit while calibrating...

AD - 1676
AD - 1677
AD - 1679

Please help me to choose what I should really use =/

Do I need to recalibrate for Black2 if I have my Timer0 and etc for my White1?

EDIT:

Also when I do the calibrating thing, I'm using a 3DS and from the first games it was an 8 second delay. So why do I keep getting that my actual seconds were 5 seconds after my starting time?

Also do I calibrate it like I did with BlackWhite1? If so how do I know which Timer0 to use, since I've heard that people get many results. Just to make a note I've tried 3 times so far and got the same Timer0 twice, but when I'd start my game up at the 30 second mark, instead of getting the expected actual seconds being 38 due to using a 3DS, I get 35 seconds. I've also gotten the 35 seconds instead of 38 all 3 times I've done the calibration thing.

I am using the latest version of RNG Reporter with my copy of Pokemon Black 2. I am trying to RNG for the Genesect event for IVs and Nature. I am quite confused with the Frames. In the Time Finder it says I have my seed's (BAEF4D3D41E3C0D5) Frame at 113, yet when I try to copy the seed into the RNG reporter it says 111. If I check Adjacent Seeds it says my Frame Advances are min 60 max 60, and the main RNG window says my starting frame is 53. I also have Memory Link. And I know my information works as I was able to RNG a wild caught Pokemon flawless, but it was under a different timer with different data.
I got a Docile Lv 15 Genesect Alert to Sounds HP: 18-24, Att: 7-13, Def: 17-23, SpA: 0-6, SpD: 4-9, Speed: 26
If I haven't provided enough info please let me know. I just want to finish this soon!

Well, I think I got skipped over so I'm reposting:

Ok, can someone help me with getting this Gensect event? Here's my results for the Wondercard search, with parameters included:

http://i.imgur.com/ww9aj.png
http://i.imgur.com/GtoB1.png

Every time I try to RNG I get completely random, untraceable results. I can't figure out how to even begin with Wondercards in BW2. I've done wondercards 6 times for the Victini and Mewtwo events in BW1, but for some reason I'm ALWAYS inconsistent here. BTW, there's no NPCs in the Pokemon center I'm in when I talk to the postman (Icirrus City). I've even tried to just talk to him w/o advancing the PIDRNG with Chatot to see if I could at least find that result, but nothing has worked thus far.

I am using the latest version of RNG Reporter with my copy of Pokemon Black 2. I am trying to RNG for the Genesect event for IVs and Nature. I am quite confused with the Frames. In the Time Finder it says I have my seed's (BAEF4D3D41E3C0D5) Frame at 113, yet when I try to copy the seed into the RNG reporter it says 111. If I check Adjacent Seeds it says my Frame Advances are min 60 max 60, and the main RNG window says my starting frame is 53. I also have Memory Link. And I know my information works as I was able to RNG a wild caught Pokemon flawless, but it was under a different timer with different data.
I got a Docile Lv 15 Genesect Alert to Sounds HP: 18-24, Att: 7-13, Def: 17-23, SpA: 0-6, SpD: 4-9, Speed: 26
If I haven't provided enough info please let me know. I just want to finish this soon!
Well, I think I got skipped over so I'm reposting:
1. Uncheck the Roamer Released box.
2. Make absolutely certain that there are no moving NPCs on either floor.
3. Use the frame given on the main page of RNG Reporter. Ignore the one given in Time Finder (that's for BW1).
4. You have more than a few timer0s in BW2. If you don't have all of them accounted for in your profile, then of course you're not going to find all your results in the adjacents. Yes, the timer0 trolls. Don't worry about it, though; as long as you have your date, keypresses, and parameters otherwise right (meaning using timer0s that you've hit), you'll get it eventually.

Also when I do the calibrating thing, I'm using a 3DS and from the first games it was an 8 second delay. So why do I keep getting that my actual seconds were 5 seconds after my starting time?
Because you're not starting at the right starting time, or it's because they're different games.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Wondercard initial frames are off by 2 for B/W2 in 9.96.1. If the initial frame is reported as 50 it's actually 48.

Wait, Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit aren't Roamers?

@Emboars: Ya, Wondercards can't be shiny, so you're probably right.
@Mhybear: Not sure, but you can catch wild Eevee in the park area of Castelia city.
@Kiddu: I'm in either Icirrus city or Undella City, and I waited about 30 seconds at each center and nobody moved so I'm ok there. 10F3-10F6 was the range of Timer0s I found so basically as long as it's in there I'm fine?

So, er, which Pokemon Centers have no roaming NPCs in BW2 again?

I'm seeing a lot of people with Genesect Wondercard problems here. I'm about to try it tomorrow so if there are any significant differences in the process from how it worked in BW1, can someone please list them? It's kinda hard to follow each person's issues in this post since half of them are user error and such.

Thanks!

Oh, and may I recommend a slight edit/addition to PPRNG's Dream Radar Abuse thread? It should be explicitly mentioned that if you're uploading a Genie alongside normal Pokemon, the Genie is automatically placed in Slot 1. I found that out the hard way... (Didn't realize I had a Sigilyph saved up already when I went to catch Tornadus - I RNG'd assuming Tornadus would be in Slot 2 and that was not the case).

I've been trying to do RNG abuse on my Pokemon White. It hasn't been working :( I've looked up countless youtube videos and read through the Smogon guide, but it still isn't working.

I'm only trying to get the IV RNG to work for now.

I calibrated the game, and then tried to use Time Finder, but the Pokemon I get do not have good IVs. What am I doing wrong? I'm following the steps exactly as written

Here's what I did:

1) calibration:
Saved at victory road
Changed DS clock to 10/13/2012 10:30
Started game at 10:30 + 30 secs, used Sweet Scent caught Durant, input IVs
Input mac address, selected version/language etc. in DS Parameters Setup
Pressed Generate
Saved DS Parameters in Time Finder

2) time finder
Used seed in time finder
Changed desired IVs to 31/31/31/31/31/31
Min/Max frame = 1
Allowed 3 keystrokes
Started game at the time specified, pressed keystroke
used sweet scent

System: DS Lite
Version: Pokemon White

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Can someone give some tips? I'm a total beginner :(

Can someone give some tips? I'm a total beginner :(
I'm not too sure just be reading your steps, but for the record, you don't "press keystroke" - you hold the listed keys directly after selecting the game from the DS menu until the Nintendo logo appears. If you were simply pressing the buttons, it wouldn't work.

I'm not too sure just be reading your steps, but for the record, you don't "press keystroke" - you hold the listed keys directly after selecting the game from the DS menu until the Nintendo logo appears. If you were simply pressing the buttons, it wouldn't work.
Can you get perfect IVs without worrying about nature and all that stuff? I did hold the buttons. I've been trying for 2 days :(

I found DS parameters, used the info in time finder, searched for 31/31/31/31/31/31 IVs, and then set the DS to approximately that time/waited for the exact time to start the game, and pressed the keystrokes. What am I doing wrong? Or is it a matter of practicing? Does this take a long time to get right?

I'm unsure what the timer0 business people have been talking about here is. I've calibrated at least 7-8 times by now, and I get C7E/C7F everytime.

Can you get perfect IVs without worrying about nature and all that stuff? I did hold the buttons. I've been trying for 2 days :(

I found DS parameters, used the info in time finder, searched for 31/31/31/31/31/31 IVs, and then set the DS to approximately that time/waited for the exact time to start the game, and pressed the keystrokes. What am I doing wrong? Or is it a matter of practicing? Does this take a long time to get right?

I'm unsure what the timer0 business people have been talking about here is. I've calibrated at least 7-8 times by now, and I get C7E/C7F everytime.
It might be because you're entering the game at the exact time your seed is telling you to. In BW, there is a slight offset depending on the DS you're using. For example, if the Time Finder gives you a seed with a target time of 10:30:30, then entering the game at 30 seconds on a DS Lite will actually result in you hitting 10:30:31; there's a 1 second offset (now, this doesn't happen to everyone, but it's pretty common iirc). So if you're on a DS Lite/phat, you need to enter the game from the DS menu one second before time finder tells you to. On a DSi, I think the offset is 1 or 2 seconds. 3DS, it's 7 or 8 seconds. I'm not sure if this offset still happens in B2/W2.

Try taking the offset into account and see if it works!

DarkestSamus, Castelia city's Pokemon Center has no NPCs iirc.

It might be because you're entering the game at the exact time your seed is telling you to. In BW, there is a slight offset depending on the DS you're using. For example, if the Time Finder gives you a seed with a target time of 10:30:30, then entering the game at 30 seconds on a DS Lite will actually result in you hitting 10:30:31; there's a 1 second offset (now, this doesn't happen to everyone, but it's pretty common iirc). So if you're on a DS Lite/phat, you need to enter the game from the DS menu one second before time finder tells you to. On a DSi, I think the offset is 1 or 2 seconds. 3DS, it's 7 or 8 seconds. I'm not sure if this offset still happens in B2/W2.

Try taking the offset into account and see if it works!

DarkestSamus, Castelia city's Pokemon Center has no NPCs iirc.
Hmm, I've been using Eontimer so when I input 30 it gives me 28.xx seconds. Not sure if that's right or not.

Also when I watched Youtube vids people tend to get a lot of results in time finder. I don't always get that many results, and sometimes I get none when I want it to be ALL 31/31/31/31/31/31 and a certain slot. Is this normal??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)