Art for Articles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, since I finished the OU offensive guide for 5th gen awhile back, I think I'll reserve the Priority Guide.

Just a question, when does the OP get updated with the artwork that is posted? If it didn't make it past judgement, do the artists get a VM or PM to tell them? Just a suggestion so that the artists don't have to wait in anticipation for their art to be showcased.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Art for Uber stall:

Vox already had something but it's a pretty long article, having twonpictures wouldn't hurt

Would like to reserve this if it still needs pictures; I will ask BTzz

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I have an idea for a threatlist image. Can I make a second for the OU tier, or is the NU article close to be finished?

Here's my submission to 5th gen OU Offense Guide
I'd personally avoid text for images like this since the article itself will do the talking, while the image is merely there to show off a glimpse of the contests or emphasize one of its larger points.

Also, the orange part on Terrakion are rocks of some kind, and not patches, as can be seen here. I like the realistic touch though.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Art for Uber stall:

Vox already had something but it's a pretty long article, having twonpictures wouldn't hurt

Would like to reserve this if it still needs pictures; I will ask BTzz
can you make the spikes look better. Possibly add a background.

my partners and i decided that we would like the patches changed to the rock things.

Well, here's the art for 5th Gen LC Threatlist. Is it good enough?
thats good.

I have an idea for a threatlist image. Can I make a second for the OU tier, or is the NU article close to be finished?
go for it

I would have a go at some of these articles, but I doubt my style is sufficient or appropriate for a Magazine.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This is real pretty, actually. The way Kyogre blends together with the text was well handled.

.....however, I believe the art for these articles are required to be original, which means you need to create the images from scratch. In that image, you've used official art of Kyogre and Kingdra, and while I'm no judge, I sincerely doubt we can use this.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
This is real pretty, actually. The way Kyogre blends together with the text was well handled.

.....however, I believe the art for these articles are required to be original, which means you need to create the images from scratch. In that image, you've used official art of Kyogre and Kingdra, and while I'm no judge, I sincerely doubt we can use this.
I think this also goes for text? I dunno, I don't think that there should be text in the art, when there already is a title.

But I agree with Bummer(on both the requirement and how the art is), it's really pretty.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Please use original art.

On the subject of text in your images, please try to avoid using it.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi Smeargles! :)

Sorry for the bump >.> Anyway, good news! Two articles (DPP Ubers Wallbreaking and BW LC Threatlist) are recently updated with their art pieces, with thanks to elcheeso and Fuosuto respectively :) Every art that has been approved and have their articles uploaded are now on-site! Many thanks to every artist who has participated in this, regardless of whether your work is uploaded and we appreciate it! ^_^

We hope to see more artwork flowing in too despite all the hive of activity Smeargles has been getting recently with new projects! Let's not forget about this too :) Thanks!! :D

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
macle said:
Bummer said:
go for it

for the OU threatlist

Their numbers are the generation they appeared and then their index number. But they could be changed if a better suggestion arises.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
What are the preferred dimensions again? I see that the image has been shrunk, and while it's still fine, there are other images that can be ruined by a size change, so it would be good to have some measurements available in the first post of this thread.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What are the preferred dimensions again? I see that the image has been shrunk, and while it's still fine, there are other images that can be ruined by a size change, so it would be good to have some measurements available in the first post of this thread.
Roughly something like 400x600 or 600x400. It's flexible though! It can be something like 450x500 or something as long as it doesn't affect the article / take up too much space :) I resized it 600x291 just now. :x I used Paint.NET as I don't have PhotoShop. If the image (not just referring to this one, but any of it that's on-site) decreased in quality or something, please let me know! I'll gladly upload another version and overwrite the exisiting one. Thanks! And thanks for bringing this up too Bummer. :)

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
While not on the list, I saw that the Damage Formula article had no art, so I drew this:

Naturally it's a WIP, but I wanted to get a green light before moving on with colors and lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)