5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Wow, I didn't even know this. Being in a different fraction of your target second can offset Timer0s or something?
Will keep in mind for the future.
I almost always hit my Timer0 when I press A exactly when the seconds change to one before my target and always never hit it when I press A at another time.

My initial PID frame is 48 I think, and my Shiny target is 60. Will the NPC's advance it past my target?
If the NPC is running and you are using sweet scent, it should advance the PIDRNG in the area of 20-25 frames. If it's just random turning and/or a few steps, it's a lot less.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I almost always hit my Timer0 when I press A exactly when the seconds change to one before my target and always never hit it when I press A at another time.

If the NPC is running and you are using sweet scent, it should advance the PIDRNG in the area of 20-25 frames. If it's just random turning and/or a few steps, it's a lot less.
Just a nitpick, but if the NPC is moving in a set pattern, there isn't any PIDRNG advancement.

We have our problems with a few of the page's instructions:

Abount advancing the IV frame:
Move 128 steps with # Pokemon in your party.
So turns technically aren't steps, are they?
Edit: I forgot to ask whether there is a difference between going and running.

About advancing the PID frame:
Walking or turning in an area with wild Pokemon increases frame advances 2 per step.
Do we understand correctly? When we are moving in an area with no wild Pokemon like on the top of the Dragonspiral Tower, the PID frame will not be advanced?

*a quick question* is initial timer0 for 3DS XL differ from 3DS??

If not ...so the current RNG reporter cant generate correct timer0 for 3DS XL?

Everytime I check my timer0 ... it is the same...*concise?*

but terrakion stats chgs everytime as well as the seed....

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
*a quick question* is initial timer0 for 3DS XL differ from 3DS??

If not ...so the current RNG reporter cant generate correct timer0 for 3DS XL?
No, from an RNG perspective they should be virtually the same range. I am able to successfully RNG on my 3DS XL without issue (at least none caused by my 3DS XL directly).

mmm icic ...gonna look for the cause for now .. whenever I catch terrakion @ frame 1 (B2) ..the stats differ..but When I check with the DS parameter...It is the same timer0 with my calibrated 1. ...
Thx for the info~

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Can you post more information about what seed you were shooting for? What parameters you got? What the parameter finder showed you?

Hey everyone :D
So I just tried to do some RNGing on my Black 2 (regular DS) to make sure I've got my parameters set up and make sure they're working.
I put the info in the parameter finder, made sure everything was correct and found a result.
I used these parameters and did some testing to ensure they were right.
I tried a few seeds multiple times and couldn't hit a single one.
I thought that my parameters may be incorrect, so I retried searching.
This time my Timer0 from 1104 to 1107. Nothing else.
I again, tried hitting seeds. Still no luck.
I redid parameters searching once more to get a Timer0 of 1103.
Again, no luck with seeds.

I have no clue whether this matters once stored since I don't research this, but since my DS's MAC address begins with 3 '0's, RNG Reporter ignores these in the RNG Profiles.
Again, I have no idea about this, but could it possibly be that those 3 '0's missing from my Profiles are screwing up my Timer Finder from finding viable seeds?

I have RNG'd plenty of times on this same DS with Black Version successfully.
When I was ensuring my parameters with my Black 2, I was just searching for seeds with 31 HP. Nothing too special or demanding. I'm using Sweet Scent. No keypresses. I'm hitting my seed a second early (due to Actual Seconds), Sweet Scenting and I'm in the top floor of Victory Road with no NPCs.
Any clue what could be going on here?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
are you saying you don't find any seeds when looking on the time finder? or that you can't hit the seeds you find?

if the former; expand the time you're looking on...other months / years...add key presses

if the latter; in BW2, you can hit more than 10 different Timer0s...you need to calibrate quite a few times until you find the timer0 you hit more constantly...then use that one on your searches

Hey everyone :D
So I just tried to do some RNGing on my Black 2 (regular DS) to make sure I've got my parameters set up and make sure they're working.
I put the info in the parameter finder, made sure everything was correct and found a result.
I used these parameters and did some testing to ensure they were right.
I tried a few seeds multiple times and couldn't hit a single one.
I thought that my parameters may be incorrect, so I retried searching.
This time my Timer0 from 1104 to 1107. Nothing else.
I again, tried hitting seeds. Still no luck.
I redid parameters searching once more to get a Timer0 of 1103.
Again, no luck with seeds.

I have no clue whether this matters once stored since I don't research this, but since my DS's MAC address begins with 3 '0's, RNG Reporter ignores these in the RNG Profiles.
Again, I have no idea about this, but could it possibly be that those 3 '0's missing from my Profiles are screwing up my Timer Finder from finding viable seeds?

I have RNG'd plenty of times on this same DS with Black Version successfully.
When I was ensuring my parameters with my Black 2, I was just searching for seeds with 31 HP. Nothing too special or demanding. I'm using Sweet Scent. No keypresses. I'm hitting my seed a second early (due to Actual Seconds), Sweet Scenting and I'm in the top floor of Victory Road with no NPCs.
Any clue what could be going on here?
The timer0 fluctuation in BW2 sometimes amaze me. You sometimes spend several hours not getting the correct iv's even once and sometimes you get it correct during the first three times. I can have periods of getting the timer0 correctly the first or second time for every RNG attempt and other periods when it's completely useless to even try RNG'ing.

Zeros in the beginning means nothing, but zeros at the end means a lot.

Thanks both! Didn't know that it changed that much!
I'll just see what I hit most and work off that I guess then.
Once again, thanks :) I was used to B/Ws pretty consistent Timer0.

Can you post more information about what seed you were shooting for? What parameters you got? What the parameter finder showed you?
Version : Black 2 English (UK)
Type : 3DS
MAC : 40F407AE9599
RNG Reporter latest with Eontimer 1.6 (-95 calibration)

Time 27/10/12 11:15:30

Calibrating using terrakion with standard seed

no keypress

1st try :

37s AD 167F 6 8 285D75F5449235BB

2nd try :

37s AD 167F 6 8 285D75F5449235BB

---------------------------------------
TO HIT

3FCFD743F4A8117B 1 31 31 28 5 28 31 Ghost 36 10/18/12 22:12:38 167F None

Result 1 :

44 AD 167F 6 8 844B20653311EC2B

18/27/5-6/24-25/5-6/8-10

Result 2 :

45 AD 1688 6 57ABD5A6A85C5CAC9

26-27 / 2-3 / 29 / 24-25 / 0-1 / 15-16

Result 3 :

44 AD 167F 6 8 844B20653311EC2B

18/27/5-6/24-25/5-6/8-10

note : Managed to stabilise my result ...Instability of result may due to problem with external timer b4 I switch to EONtimer
or turning on wifi
or setting to challenge mode
or was at right of terrakion

whichever is it ...I have no idea.

I'm trying to get a flawless Reshiram (31/11/31/31/31/31) BUT everytime I try to hit my seed I get 2 different results everytime. I tried it about 20 times but I didn't got my seed (its on frame 1). I never had problems in b/w 1. =/

I'm trying to get a flawless Reshiram (31/11/31/31/31/31) BUT everytime I try to hit my seed I get 2 different results everytime. I tried it about 20 times but I didn't got my seed (its on frame 1). I never had problems in b/w 1. =/
What do you mean you get two different results?

Edit: xShinji, if you're hitting the same timer0 but not getting the correct stats, then it's because you're missing the target second or keypresses. It's probably the seconds, but Eon Timer should be accurate so I'm not sure...

If you mean in White 2, then have you considered reading the several posts in the last couple pages alone that point out how this is normal due to the larger timer0 ranges?

xShinji said:
whichever is it ...I have no idea
The first one.

As for your issue, based on those results I'm willing to bet that you're starting your game from the Home menu right at 22:12:38, and not 6-7 seconds before that like your calibration told you to.

If you mean in White 2, then have you considered reading the several posts in the last couple pages alone that point out how this is normal due to the larger timer0 ranges?
Thanks I forgot about this one...

Quick question:
I read that keypresses reducing the timer0, is this true?

Okay nevermind that what I said.
Apparently I DID hit my seed most of the time but only checked the nature to verify if I hit my seed.
Quick question:
How to change the nature of stationary. Is it even possible, never did it before =/

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Okay nevermind that what I said.
Apparently I DID hit my seed most of the time but only checked the nature to verify if I hit my seed.
Quick question:
How to change the nature of stationary. Is it even possible, never did it before =/
you need to advance the PID frame, this can be done by listening to a recorded chatter, walking / turning in areas with wild pokemon, Wandering NPCs, Saving.

Hi, i'm new here.
So I just caught the perfect modest Reshiram on W2.
I now want to catch the the perfect modest Kyurem on W2.

Since its the same DS and cartridge, can I reuse the same seed (same date/time) to catch Kyurem?

As for your issue, based on those results I'm willing to bet that you're starting your game from the Home menu right at 22:12:38, and not 6-7 seconds before that like your calibration told you to.
which rng calibration guide should I follow?
I currently using On-site my guide

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I've experienced NPC's running in a set pattern advancing the PIDRNG 20-25 frames during the sweet scent animation.
Then they either aren't on a set pattern or there is an NPC you're missing which is doing something else.

Keypresses doesn't affect the timer0, at least they didn't in BW1.
Never have and never will. The keypresses and timer0 are on different processor IIRC.

Hi, i'm new here.
So I just caught the perfect modest Reshiram on W2.
I now want to catch the the perfect modest Kyurem on W2.

Since its the same DS and cartridge, can I reuse the same seed (same date/time) to catch Kyurem?
Yes. If you're using a shiny seed I believe Kyurem's room advances the PIDRNG so you'll have to account for that.

Yes, but how do I know how much I need to advance my frame?
Find a target frame on the same seed but with the PIDRNG in RNG Reporter's Main Window.
If there's no NPCs:
Target Frame - Starting Frame.
If there is NPCs you'll have to do a little trial and error to figure out how many you need to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)