5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Ah, I found my problem. Where it asks to input Nature, I put in Naive, but it really wanted me to input all the possible natures. Well, as my first time RNGing, it's pretty awesome seeing results.

Oh, that makes sense then. When trying to RNG it I obtained near perfect IVs, according to the IV calc I'm using, but the nature didn't match anything. Thanks for the answers :)

A few things:

1. Completely exiting the Unova Link menu causes a new seed to generate, so if you had your seed before, you won't after.

2. Following with the above, BW2 have a much larger range of possible timer0s, so it's possible you could be hitting the right one when you check on Unova Link, but a different one(s) if you go straight into your game (just as a coincidence, not that it's a definite thing).

3. There are moving NPCs in the ranch, which advance the PID (nature & shininess). Are you still getting the right IVs, even if the nature is wrong?

4. How are you triggering the encounter? Sweet Scent, or walking in the grass?
Thanks for the NPC tip, I actually got a little further. It is on frame 92, and when I am on frame 91, I sweet scent and encounter the frame 91 pokemon, but when I sweet scent on frame 92 I encounter the frame 93 pokémon... any help would be helpful

I like the use the Poke Center in Aspertia City. Even though it does have a moving NPC, that NPC can also be used to verify your seed, which is nice. If she's facing a certain way and/or does certain movements, you know you've hit the right seed. Plus, it's not exactly difficult to adjust for her frame advancements.

Do I need to know my ID/SID to get shiny Pokes?

And if it helps a lot or is necessary, what's the easiest way to find out either of those things?

Is it possible that more than one timer0 may be created at a specific date/time? I try to reset the wondercard Genesect and I even get three or four several iv/nature spreads, but I never hit my desired one..

I haven't touched Diamond in ages, but I still have a Celebi to be picked up from the delivery bro.

Last I remember for GenIV Wondercards, you had to keep on resetting until you got the nature you wanted by pure chance. Is it still like this, or can the nature of a Wondercard Poke be calculated in advance somehow now? Is there some sort of PIDRNG method in GenIV is basically what I'm asking I guess.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is it possible that more than one timer0 may be created at a specific date/time? I try to reset the wondercard Genesect and I even get three or four several iv/nature spreads, but I never hit my desired one..
Yes, that's normal. Just keep trying, and make sure there aren't any moving NPCs messing with your frame.
I haven't touched Diamond in ages, but I still have a Celebi to be picked up from the delivery bro.

Last I remember for GenIV Wondercards, you had to keep on resetting until you got the nature you wanted by pure chance. Is it still like this, or can the nature of a Wondercard Poke be calculated in advance somehow now? Is there some sort of PIDRNG method in GenIV is basically what I'm asking I guess.
Use this thread for 4th gen questions. But no, natures are still random.

Now I'm trying to RNG a hex flawless Bold Uxie in Black 2.

Seed: DFE7EBF29EAC8CDC
IV Frame: 1
Start Frame: 56
Target Frame: 56
Buttons: Select + Y
Time: 10/19/2012 22:39:55

At this point, I started up the game at 22:39:54 for the 1 second delay I measured on my DS Lite. I held the appropriate buttons and immediately interacted with Uxie. After catching it, I found that it had all perfect IVs but it's nature was Calm. At this point, I realized I had to go to the seed inspector and change the type of pokemon to stationary and found that my pokemon is on frame 62 meaning 6 frames from my starting frame. However, the frame I ended up on without advancing the frame via Chatot was already 70. There were no NPCs around on-screen, so how did this happen? How do I fix this problem?

How much does WNPC's on Nacrene City mess with RNG?
@cbeng: wow, I'm trying to do the same thing, but I just can't hit my seed.
BTW, I'm trying shiny with Calm nature. I guess there are 6 WNPC's on Nacrene.

Well, I'm gonna make my life easier and catch a Bold Synchronizer then.

EDIT: Lol, the first thing I ran into was a Bold Synchronizer Elgyem.

So, my next question is (now that I know NPCs mess up frames regardless) what's the best way to deal with NPCs and RNGing? I've never had to deal with this before so I'm new to it...do I just button mash and try to get into menus before NPCs have a chance to wreak havoc?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So, my next question is (now that I know NPCs mess up frames regardless) what's the best way to deal with NPCs and RNGing? I've never had to deal with this before so I'm new to it...do I just button mash and try to get into menus before NPCs have a chance to wreak havoc?
If you can, use Chatot pitches to find your frame, then button mash into the encounter before they can do anything else. Otherwise, you have to use trial and error - catch the Pokémon, figure out what frame you landed on, then adjust from there. Sweet Scent is tough either way, though, since they still move during the Sweet Scent animation, and the number of advances they do can vary depending on what frame you SS'd on, so you may even end up with an unhittable frame (though you can fix that by re-saving so they start from different positions).
Do you guys know something about Nacrene's NPC's?
Well, there's a lot of them. What exactly were you looking for? Your question is pretty vague.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)