RU CCAT 4 [Stage 3]

RarelyUsed CCAT 4

hosted by Jellicent

CCAT is back once again, though things will work a tad differently. We'll be picking a theme for the team first, then find an underrated threat to build around.

The team so far:

We're building a Gravity team with the following members:

Golurk @ Life Orb
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Gravity
- Drain Punch
- Fire Punch

Rules:

Stage 1: We'll be voting on a theme for our team. Examples include weather, Trick Room, Baton Pass chains, etc.

Stage 2: Once we have our theme, we'll nominate and vote on an underrated threat that functions well on such a team.

Stage 3: We'll put together a core of 2-3 Pokemon that can support and work well alongside our underrated threat.

Stage 4: Finalizing the team, we'll pick the 2-3 more that fit the theme and work well with our current lineup.

Stage 5: Playtesting. If there were any unexpected threats found to our team, we'll tweak it accordingly.

Stage 6: ~Mystery Tournament~

Original CCAT (hosted by zdrup15)
2nd CCAT (hosted by ShakeItUp)
3rd CCAT (hosted by Jellicent and Molk)

Gonna open this up to votes. Our options:

Rain
Sand
Sun
Hail
Trick Room
Gravity
Baton Pass

If there's another theme you'd like to see used, you can nominate it. Voting will last for the next 48 or so hours.

Gonna take this time to surprise no one with my vote: Trick Room

ss234

bop.
This sounds great. Going to vote for sun-there are loads of interesting and underrated mons for any of the play styles though.

TROP

BAN DRUDDIGON. FIREWALL DRAGON DID NOTHING WRONG
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Option that won't win lgi and because fuck missing with Durant.
gravity

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I think Sand is very underrated, and the most underplayed of the lower tier weathers.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
im actually very interested in gravity as a move in general, for example, i really want to try gravity landorus, golurk, and starmie to see how they do in their respective tiers, lol.

Rain's already being explored in another project, and I suck at everything else, so Sun sounds awesome :] Seriously though, the number of effective Sun sweepers, backed by the presence of Cresselia and the rise in exploitable stuff like Poliwrath seriously makes for some cool options.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Trick Room would be an interesting option. We lost arguably the best OTR sweeper in Cofagrigus, but we did gain Cresselia. How will the new Trick Room look like?

ebeast

she's probably sexting nprtprt
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Gravity because it's probably the weirdest option on the list and the least used. While I don't think a team based on gravity will be very spectacular it would be cool to see people trying their best to make it work.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Do we even have good Gravity abusers? I guess Moltres can spam Hurricane more...? Oh lol, Durant ;d

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Do we even have good Gravity abusers? I guess Moltres can spam Hurricane more...? Oh lol, Durant ;d
cress can set up gravity at least, golurk can both set and abuse it, and pretty much everything with EQ will appreciate gravity. Plus gravity makes stone miss, focus miss, and storm miss actually hit for once. I want to see how this does, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)