Regice [QC 3/3] [GP 2/2]

[pimg]378[/pimg]

Regice

[Overview]

<p>With the second highest Special Defense in the game and a solid HP stat, Regice can be considered the "Blissey of RU", as it can sponge many special attacks with ease. Regice also has access to a very diverse support movepool and has a decent offensive movepool, making it a viable tank. However, Regice does carry its flaws, as it's crippled by its low Speed and poor typing, being weak to Stealth Rock and three common offensive types. Regice is also forced to compete with Cryogonal for a slot, which possesses identical typing, Levitate, and Rapid Spin.</p>

[SET]
name: ChestoRest
move 1: Thunder Wave
move 2: Ice Beam / Blizzard
move 3: Thunderbolt / Sleep Talk
move 4: Rest
item: Chesto Berry
ability: Clear Body
nature: Calm
evs: 248 HP / 232 SpA / 28 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Due to Regice's impressive bulk, it's capable of taking hits from most of the strongest special attackers in the tier with ease. Thunder Wave cripples fast offensive threats while providing great team support, allowing slow sweepers, such as Druddigon and Escavalier, to switch in and tear through walls to open up sweeps for other teammates. Toxic, however, allows Regice to beat most walls that cannot cure themselves of status, giving teammates room to tear the opposing team in half. Ice Beam receives STAB, and even with no investment, still does decent damage thanks to Regice's base 100 Special Attack. However, if you opt to use Regice on a hail team, Blizzard should be used instead, as it allows Regice to hit that much harder. Thunderbolt provides excellent additional coverage alongside Ice Beam or Blizzard and gives Regice BoltBeam coverage, allowing it to hit a vast amount of Pokemon neutrally. Sleep Talk can be used over Thunderbolt in conjunction with Rest to allow Regice to heal itself without being dead weight after Chesto Berry has been used, considering that Ice Beam has a fair deal of coverage on its own. Rest heals Regice of status and restores its HP, giving it the opportunity to tank more hits.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The given EV spread allows Regice to switch in with Stealth Rock on the field four times and still have 1 HP if it takes no other damage while making use of its base 100 Special Attack and superb Special Defense stat. Regice desperately wants to be paired with physically bulky Pokemon such as Uxie, as it cannot tank hits from powerful Fighting-type Pokemon, such as Hariyama and Gallade, or powerful Steel-types, such as Escavalier, that might be seeking revenge for the Titanic. Regice also appreciates having Rapid Spin support from Pokemon such as Sandslash and Kabutops, as Stealth Rock will quickly wear out it down.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Offensive sets utilizing Choice Specs or Rock Polish can be used in conjunction with hail, as they capitalize on Regice's base 100 Special Attack and a surprise factor, but Regice is better off as a specially defensive tank, as many special attackers in the tier outclass it. A RestTalk set has potential, but in a metagame currently dominated by Moltres, Nidoqueen, and other powerful attackers, it finds itself hard-pressed to be effective. Hidden Power Fire can be used in niche situations to incinerate Durant and Escavalier switch-ins. A spread of 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD can be used to maximize Regice's defensive potential, but it prevents Regice from taking on the powerful special attacks it's designed to switch in on. Curse can be useful alongside Ice Punch, ThunderPunch, and Superpower, but Regice lacks a solid Attack stat to make use of the boosting move as it burnt out most of its physical attacking prowess when it tore a hole in the Titanic.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Strong special attackers that gain STAB on types Regice is weak to, such as Magneton, Moltres, and Magmortar, can punch through Regice's enormous bulk, all while avoiding taking too much damage from Regice's attacking moves. As mentioned, powerful attacking Pokemon that can exploit Regice's significantly lower Defense stat and gain super effective STAB, such as Gallade, Escavalier, and Archeops (on the revenge kill), can severely hurt or KO Regice, and maybe even force it out and cause it to take additional hazards damage, allowing for a special attacker to take it out mid-sweep. Walls such as Munchlax, Cryogonal, and opposing Regice can take on Regice's coverage moves from the bulky or offensive sets with relative ease and eventually stall it out of PP.</p>

[Unreleased]

<p>Regice gets the ability Ice Body via the Dream World, which will make Regice a huge boon to hail teams, as it will be able to recover 1/16 of its HP per turn under the weather. This would allow an offensive Regice to run Expert Belt or Choice Specs without the loss of residual HP recovery and can make Regice a much more difficult wall to break. However, outside of hail, it serves Regice no purpose whatsoever.</p>

Chesto Berry needs to me mentioned or even slashed with Leftovers imho. Regice can tank loads of hits and then heal up at low health. Never ever should Rest be used without either Chesto Berry or Sleep Talk, especially on something with as many weaknesses as Regice.

Chesto Berry needs to me mentioned or even slashed with Leftovers imho. Regice can tank loads of hits and then heal up at low health. Never ever should Rest be used without either Chesto Berry or Sleep Talk, especially on something with as many weaknesses as Regice.
I'll add Chesto Berry then. Sleep Talk was already there slashed by Thunderbolt. Should it come before Thunderbolt or remain where it is?

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
There's really not much point investing in Defense on Regice. Gallade, Entei, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Archeops, Druddigon, Hitmonlee, Aggron, Escavalier, Klinklang, Absol, Zangoose, +2 Sandslash, +2 Feraligatr, +1 Crawdaunt, +1 Fraxure...all of these mons OHKO Regice after SR even with that defensive spread. That's like 95% of the physical attackers in the tier. It's a waste of EVs to even try to take physical attackers on.

I think Regice is similar to Regirock in that it should try to be a tank, not a wall. It doesn't have the typing or the reliable recovery to be a wall, but it does have 100 base SpA, STAB Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt for coverage. Max its HP, maybe give it a little bit of SpD investment to counter some specific stuff, and then dump the rest in SpA to give it some power. I like the look of the Thunder Wave set in the NU analysis; that looks a lot closer to what Regice should be trying to do.

There's really not much point investing in Defense on Regice. Gallade, Entei, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, Archeops, Druddigon, Hitmonlee, Aggron, Escavalier, Klinklang, Absol, Zangoose, +2 Sandslash, +2 Feraligatr, +1 Crawdaunt, +1 Fraxure...all of these mons OHKO Regice after SR even with that defensive spread. That's like 95% of the physical attackers in the tier. It's a waste of EVs to even try to take physical attackers on.

I think Regice is similar to Regirock in that it should try to be a tank, not a wall. It doesn't have the typing or the reliable recovery to be a wall, but it does have 100 base SpA, STAB Ice Beam, and Thunderbolt for coverage. Max its HP, maybe give it a little bit of SpD investment to counter some specific stuff, and then dump the rest in SpA to give it some power. I like the look of the Thunder Wave set in the NU analysis; that looks a lot closer to what Regice should be trying to do.
The EV's on that spread look solid, but should I maybe take 20 or even 40 EVs out of SpA and put them into SpD to maintain Regice's special bulk? I'm thinking a spread of 248 HP / 232 SpA / 24 SpD or even 248 SpA / 212 SpA / 44 SpD. Give it some offensive presence while keeping the bulk there.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ive used Regice in both RU and NU at some point and its a pretty good pokemon, it can take a bunch of special hits and it also hits back pretty hard with Boltbeam coverage. My favorite Regice set is the tank set that Honko mentioned, and if its added to the analysis, it should look like this.

[SET]
name: Tank
move 1: Ice Beam
move 2: Thunderbolt
move 3: Rest
move 4: Sleep Talk
item: Leftovers
nature: Modest
evs: 252 HP / 252 Spa / 4 SpD

with maximum special attack investment Regice reaches 328 special attack, with boltbeam coverage and 80/100/200 defenses thats more than enough to do some damage over the course of the match, even with that sorta bad ice typing. Regice can restore its hp with either restalk or chestorest to keep itself alive longer to fire off Ice Beams and Thunderbolts. I dont think you should be concerned about Regice's bulk either, it still hits 364 hp, 236 defense, and 436 special defense with this EV spread, more than enough to do its job as a tank imo.

I also find the chestorest set with twave intriging, it frees up a moveslot on regice and gives the iceberg a cool utility move at its disposal to cripple pokemon that may try to set up on it. Im not 100% sure if it should be seperate from the restalk tank set, though.

Another thing you should mention is that with sleep talk, godly special defense, and a STAB ice attack at its disposal, its one of the best checks to both lilligant and tangrowth an RU player could ask for.

Ill update this post when im able to test regice in the current metagame a little more!

Edit: After discussion, we think chestorest should be the first set, with restalk either second or in OO

Didn't realize that a decision had been made. I'll make the necessary changes then here shortly.

I'm sorry, those sets are waaaaaaay too similar for me, and in a tier dominated by Moltres, Nidoqueen, other strong special attackers, along with really annoying physical ones that attack Regice at its lower Defense stat, I don't think it has time to abuse RestTalk to its fullest. OO with that.

First set is fine, but I want Toxic in the AC > a slash...Thunder Wave is too valuable, and Toxic fails to hit Nidoqueen anyways (just like Thunder Wave).

QC 1/3

edit: oh yeah AC HP Fire > Thunderbolt for Escavalier / Durant switches

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I don't think having the Hitmon Brothers as listed Spinners works well, although they do work well type-wise. Sandslash and Kabutops should be the ones mentioned as the suggest spinners as they both resist at least some type synergy or the attacks that are naturally aimed at them are special attacks, and at least Kabutops can beat Ghost-types. Cryogonal would just compound the SR and Rock-type weakness.

I'm sorry, those sets are waaaaaaay too similar for me, and in a tier dominated by Moltres, Nidoqueen, other strong special attackers, along with really annoying physical ones that attack Regice at its lower Defense stat, I don't think it has time to abuse RestTalk to its fullest. OO with that.

First set is fine, but I want Toxic in the AC > a slash...Thunder Wave is too valuable, and Toxic fails to hit Nidoqueen anyways (just like Thunder Wave).

QC 1/3

edit: oh yeah AC HP Fire > Thunderbolt for Escavalier / Durant switches
I don't think having the Hitmon Brothers as listed Spinners works well, although they do work well type-wise. Sandslash and Kabutops should be the ones mentioned as the suggest spinners as they both resist at least some type synergy or the attacks that are naturally aimed at them are special attacks, and at least Kabutops can beat Ghost-types. Cryogonal would just compound the SR and Rock-type weakness.
Thanks you two. My subscription folder is jacked right now, cause I'm not getting notified about nothing. I'll make these changes.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'd like to see mentions of Regice's support capacity for themed teams in its Other Options. Gravity should get a mention due to its bulk; Hail+Blizzard should get a small mention since Hail teams suck; but Rain Dance+Explosion should get a decent mention since Regice has the bulk to pull it off and it removes one of its weaknesses. It functions similarly to Regirock in this manner in that it can check fast special attackers such as Manectric that could otherwise threaten Rain team sweepers.

Other QC can feel free to disagree with this one but I'd also like to see a small mention of Counter, which, while niche, could be useful on occasion as Regice is bulky enough to tank anything except STAB SE sttacks on the physical side.

QC APPROVED 2/3

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah this looks fine now, although im a bit confused about the sleep talk slash on a chestorest set :/. I would rather AC restalk +leftovers tbh.

QC approved 3/3

Yeah this looks fine now, although im a bit confused about the sleep talk slash on a chestorest set :/. I would rather AC restalk +leftovers tbh.

QC approved 3/3

Thanks. RT is there for once Chesto Berry has been used up and you want Regice to continue to wall / not be totally screwed by sleep.

The set written not only on here but on Serebii (Regice's Main Attacking Set) is a main contender to have Regice in RU. In case you forget the set (what I use anyway):

Moves:
-Ice Beam/Blizzard
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-Rock Polish
EVs/Nature: 252 SAtk, 176 Spd, 80 SDef, Timid (+Spd, -Atk), Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
Item: Leftovers/Occa Berry

You switch in on a special attacker, you're gonna get hit, and you're not going to have a chance to Rock Polish. You bring this set in from the beginning, and you'll be able to Rock Polish, and kill off a majority of the Pokemon in RU. Modest Nature for the extra power boost, Timid for an extra speed boost. Pair this one up with something like a Hailer, say Glaceon, and you're gonna have a hell of a time dealing with these two, specifically Regice. In Hail, Blizzard gets 100% accuracy, and considering that Blizzard gets S.T.A.B., you really need to watch out for it!

I have to give praise to all the awesome sets I saw from everyone, and that I personally agree with all points. Consider me in on this.

Amateur check.

[Overview]

<p>With access to the second-highest Special Defense in the game and a solid HP stat, Regice can be considered the "Blissey of RU", as it can sponge many special attcks with ease. Regice also has access to a very diverse support movepool and has a decent offensive movepool, making it a viable tank in RarelyusedU. However, Regice does carry its flaws, as it's crippled by its low sSpeed and typing, as it'sbeing weak to Stealth Rock and 3three common offensive types. Regice is also forced to compete with Cryogonal for a slot, who carries similar typing, Levitate, and the luxurious Rapid Spin for the specially-defensive Pokemon of RURapid Spin.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Due to Regice's impressive bulk, it's capable of taking hits from most of the strongest special attackers in the tier with ease. Thunder Wave cripples fast offensive threats while providing great team support, allowing slow sweepers, such as Druddigon or Escavalier, to do comeswitch in and tear through walls and open up sweeps for other teammates. Toxic, however, allows Regice to beat most walls that cannot cure themselves of status, giving teammates room to tear the opposing team in half. Ice Beam ireceives STAB and even with no investment, still does decent damage thanks to Regice's base 100 Special Attack. However, if you opt to use Regice on a Hhail team, Blizzard should be used instead, as it allows Regice to hit that much harder. Thunderbolt gains additional coverage alongside Ice Beam or Blizzard, completing th and gives Regice BoltBeam coverage, allowing Regiceit to hit a vast amount of Pokemon neutrally. Sleep Talk may be used over Thunderbolt in conjunction with Rest to allow Regice to heal itself without being dead weight after Chesto Berry has been used, considering that Ice Beam gainives a fair deal of coverage as it is on its own. Rest heals Regice of status and restores its HP, giving it the opportunity to tank more hits.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The given EV spread allows Regice to switch in with Stealth Rock on the field four times and still have 1 HP while making use of its base 100 Special Attack and superb Special Defense stat. Hidden Power Fire can be used in niche situations to incinerate Durant or Escavalier switch-ins. Regice desperately wants to be paired with something like Uxie or other physically defensive PokemonRegice desperately wants to be paired with physically bulky Pokemon such as Uxie, as it cannot tank hits from powerful Fighting-type Pokemon insuch as Hariyama or Gallade, or powerful Steel-types such as Escavalier that may be seeking revenge for the Titanic. Regice also appreciates having Rapid Spin support from Pokemon such as Sandslash or Kabutops, as Stealth Rock will quickly wear out its staying prowessr.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Offensive sets utilizing Choice Specs or Rock Polish may be used in conjunction with Hhail, as they capitalize on Regice's base 100 Special Attack and a surprise factor, but Regice is better off suited as a specially defensive tank, as many special attackers in the tier outclass it. A RestTalk set has potential, but in a metagame currently dominated by Moltres, Nidoqueen, and other powerful attackers, it finds itself hard-pressed to be effective. Hidden Power Fire can be used in niche situations to incinerate Durant or Escavalier switch-ins. A spread of 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD may be used to maximize Regice's defensive potential, but it prevents Regice from taking on the heavy special attacks it's designed to switch in on. Curse may be useful alongside Ice Punch, ThunderPunch, and Superpower, but Regice lacks a solid Attack stat to make use of the boosting move as it burnt out most of its physical attacking prowess when it tore a hole in the Titanic.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Strong special attackers that gain STAB on types Regice is weak to, such as Magneton, Moltres, or Magmortar, can still punch through Regice's super-massive, ship-sinkingenormous bulk, all while avoiding taking too much damage from Regice's attacking moves. As mentioned, powerful attacking Pokemon that can exploit Regice's significantly lower Defencse stat and gain super effective STAB, such as Gallade, Escavalier, or Archeops (on the revenge-kill), can severely hurt or KO Regice, and maybe even force it out and cause it to take additional hazards damage, allowing for a special attacker to take it out mid-sweep. Walls such as Munchlax, Cryogonal, or opposing Regice can take on Regice's coverage moves from the bulky or offensive sets with relative ease and eventually stall it out of PP.</p>

[Unreleased]

<p>Regice gets the ability Ice bBody via the Dream World, which will make Regice a huge boon to Hhail teams, as it recovers 1/16 of its HP per turn. This would allow an offensive spread of Regice to run Expert Belt or Choice Specs without the loss of residual HP recovery and can make Regice a much more difficult wall to break. However, outside of Hhail, it serves Regice no purpose whatsoever.</p>
I felt the part about Hidden Power Fire belonged in other options, so I moved it there.

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okie dokie, went through this check with Rory and stuff or something. Consider this:

[gp]1/2[/gp]

GP check. Good job on writing this.
Additions in Blue
Subtractions in Red
Comments in Purple

[Overview]

<p>With access to the second-highest second highest Special Defense in the game and a solid HP stat, Regice can be considered the "Blissey of RU", as it can sponge many special attcks attacks with ease. Regice also has access to a very diverse support movepool and has a decent offensive movepool, making it a viable tank in RU. However, Regice does carry its flaws, as it's crippled by its low Speed and poor typing, being weak to Stealth Rock and three common offensive types. Regice is also forced to compete with Cryogonal for a slot, who carries similar which possesses identical typing, Levitate, and Rapid Spin.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Due to Regice's impressive bulk, it's capable of taking hits from most of the strongest special attackers in the tier with ease. Thunder Wave cripples fast offensive threats while providing great team support, allowing slow sweepers, such as Druddigon or and Escavalier, to switch in and tear through walls and to open up sweeps for other teammates. Toxic, however, allows Regice to beat most walls that cannot cure themselves of status, giving teammates room to tear the opposing team in half. Ice Beam receives STAB and (add comma) even with no investment, still does decent damage thanks to Regice's base 100 Special Attack. However, if you opt to use Regice on a hail team, Blizzard should be used instead, as it allows Regice to hit that much harder. Thunderbolt gains provides excellent additional coverage alongside Ice Beam or Blizzard, (remove comma) and gives Regice BoltBeam coverage, allowing it to hit a vast amount of Pokemon neutrally. Sleep Talk may can be used over Thunderbolt in conjunction with Rest to allow Regice to heal itself without being dead weight after Chesto Berry has been used, considering that Ice Beam gives has a fair deal of coverage on its own. Rest heals Regice of status and restores its HP, giving it the opportunity to tank more hits.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The given EV spread allows Regice to switch in with Stealth Rock on the field four times and still have 1 HP if it takes no other damage while making use of its base 100 Special Attack and superb Special Defense stat. Regice desperately wants to be paired with physically bulky Pokemon such as Uxie, as it cannot tank hits from powerful Fighting-type Pokemon, such as Hariyama or and Gallade, or powerful Steel-types, such as Escavalier, that may might be seeking revenge for the Titanic. Regice also appreciates having Rapid Spin support from Pokemon such as Sandslash or and Kabutops, as Stealth Rock will quickly wear out its staying power it down.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Offensive sets utilizing Choice Specs or Rock Polish may can be used in conjunction with hail, as they capitalize on Regice's base 100 Special Attack and a surprise factor, but Regice is better off suited as a specially defensive tank, as many special attackers in the tier outclass it. A RestTalk set has potential, but in a metagame currently dominated by Moltres, Nidoqueen, and other powerful attackers, it finds itself hard-pressed to be effective. Hidden Power Fire can be used in niche situations to incinerate Durant or and Escavalier switch-ins. A spread of 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD may can be used to maximize Regice's defensive potential, but it prevents Regice from taking on the heavy powerful special attacks it's designed to switch in on. Curse may can be useful alongside Ice Punch, ThunderPunch, and Superpower, but Regice lacks a solid Attack stat to make use of the boosting move as it burnt out most of its physical attacking prowess when it tore a hole in the Titanic.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Strong special attackers that gain STAB on types Regice is weak to, such as Magneton, Moltres, or and Magmortar, can still punch through Regice's enormous bulk, all while avoiding taking too much damage from Regice's attacking moves. As mentioned, powerful attacking Pokemon that can exploit Regice's significantly lower Defense stat and gain super effective STAB, such as Gallade, Escavalier, or and Archeops (on the revenge-kill revenge kill), can severely hurt or KO Regice, and maybe even force it out and cause it to take additional hazards damage, allowing for a special attacker to take it out mid-sweep. Walls such as Munchlax, Cryogonal, or and opposing Regice can take on Regice's coverage moves from the bulky or offensive sets with relative ease and eventually stall it out of PP.</p>

[Unreleased]

<p>Regice gets the ability Ice Body via the Dream World, which will make Regice a huge boon to hail teams, as it recovers will be able to recover 1/16 of its HP per turn under the weather. This would allow an offensive spread of Regice to run Expert Belt or Choice Specs without the loss of residual HP recovery and can make Regice a much more difficult wall to break. However, outside of hail, it serves Regice no purpose whatsoever.</p>

[gp]2/2[/gp]

GP check. Good job on writing this.
Additions in Blue
Subtractions in Red
Comments in Purple

[Overview]

<p>With access to the second-highest second highest Special Defense in the game and a solid HP stat, Regice can be considered the "Blissey of RU", as it can sponge many special attcks attacks with ease. Regice also has access to a very diverse support movepool and has a decent offensive movepool, making it a viable tank in RU. However, Regice does carry its flaws, as it's crippled by its low Speed and poor typing, being weak to Stealth Rock and three common offensive types. Regice is also forced to compete with Cryogonal for a slot, who carries similar which possesses identical typing, Levitate, and Rapid Spin.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Due to Regice's impressive bulk, it's capable of taking hits from most of the strongest special attackers in the tier with ease. Thunder Wave cripples fast offensive threats while providing great team support, allowing slow sweepers, such as Druddigon or and Escavalier, to switch in and tear through walls and to open up sweeps for other teammates. Toxic, however, allows Regice to beat most walls that cannot cure themselves of status, giving teammates room to tear the opposing team in half. Ice Beam receives STAB and (add comma) even with no investment, still does decent damage thanks to Regice's base 100 Special Attack. However, if you opt to use Regice on a hail team, Blizzard should be used instead, as it allows Regice to hit that much harder. Thunderbolt gains provides excellent additional coverage alongside Ice Beam or Blizzard, (remove comma) and gives Regice BoltBeam coverage, allowing it to hit a vast amount of Pokemon neutrally. Sleep Talk may can be used over Thunderbolt in conjunction with Rest to allow Regice to heal itself without being dead weight after Chesto Berry has been used, considering that Ice Beam gives has a fair deal of coverage on its own. Rest heals Regice of status and restores its HP, giving it the opportunity to tank more hits.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The given EV spread allows Regice to switch in with Stealth Rock on the field four times and still have 1 HP if it takes no other damage while making use of its base 100 Special Attack and superb Special Defense stat. Regice desperately wants to be paired with physically bulky Pokemon such as Uxie, as it cannot tank hits from powerful Fighting-type Pokemon, such as Hariyama or and Gallade, or powerful Steel-types, such as Escavalier, that may might be seeking revenge for the Titanic. Regice also appreciates having Rapid Spin support from Pokemon such as Sandslash or and Kabutops, as Stealth Rock will quickly wear out its staying power it down.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Offensive sets utilizing Choice Specs or Rock Polish may can be used in conjunction with hail, as they capitalize on Regice's base 100 Special Attack and a surprise factor, but Regice is better off suited as a specially defensive tank, as many special attackers in the tier outclass it. A RestTalk set has potential, but in a metagame currently dominated by Moltres, Nidoqueen, and other powerful attackers, it finds itself hard-pressed to be effective. Hidden Power Fire can be used in niche situations to incinerate Durant or and Escavalier switch-ins. A spread of 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD may can be used to maximize Regice's defensive potential, but it prevents Regice from taking on the heavy powerful special attacks it's designed to switch in on. Curse may can be useful alongside Ice Punch, ThunderPunch, and Superpower, but Regice lacks a solid Attack stat to make use of the boosting move as it burnt out most of its physical attacking prowess when it tore a hole in the Titanic.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Strong special attackers that gain STAB on types Regice is weak to, such as Magneton, Moltres, or and Magmortar, can still punch through Regice's enormous bulk, all while avoiding taking too much damage from Regice's attacking moves. As mentioned, powerful attacking Pokemon that can exploit Regice's significantly lower Defense stat and gain super effective STAB, such as Gallade, Escavalier, or and Archeops (on the revenge-kill revenge kill), can severely hurt or KO Regice, and maybe even force it out and cause it to take additional hazards damage, allowing for a special attacker to take it out mid-sweep. Walls such as Munchlax, Cryogonal, or and opposing Regice can take on Regice's coverage moves from the bulky or offensive sets with relative ease and eventually stall it out of PP.</p>

[Unreleased]

<p>Regice gets the ability Ice Body via the Dream World, which will make Regice a huge boon to hail teams, as it recovers will be able to recover 1/16 of its HP per turn under the weather. This would allow an offensive spread of Regice to run Expert Belt or Choice Specs without the loss of residual HP recovery and can make Regice a much more difficult wall to break. However, outside of hail, it serves Regice no purpose whatsoever.</p>

[gp]2/2[/gp]
Thanks Melvini.

With that there done, Regice is finally done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)