Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Going to offer two of the same challenges.

4v4 Singles/Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Substitutions
Unlimited Chills/Recoveries
Switch = OK
All Abilities
Items On
Arena: Pokemon Stadium

You can chose whether it's Singles or Doubles.
I need to train against strong players so I accept.

Doubles.

Whatever = Standard.

I have an open battle slot, therefore:
3v3 singles
1 FE, 2 NFE
Yay switching
All of the recoveries and chills and abilities
Training items
2 subs
Hephaestus's Forge
This is a battle inside one of the Greek god of fire and smithing's forges, which is in a volcano. As such, it is HOT and a pseudo-sunny day is always up, with it's effects changing other weather effects (Rain Dance neutralizes, Hail becomes rain, Sandstorm is both sandstorm and sun, sun doubles effects (Solarbeam's power becomes 18)) This heat also causes -2 BAP to ice-typed moves. Due to the amazing technology is such a place, all Steel-types gain +1 rank in any two stats of their choice, with +30 base speed being one of them. The legendary aura from Hephaestus's presence gives all Dragon-typed pokemon +1 BAP to all attacks, -1 BAP to all incoming attacks, and all Dragon-typed moves gain +1 BAP. The battle takes place on steel platforms and rocky ledges, and as such, fighting pokemon can be shoved into the lava for 15 fire-typed damage (altered by resistance) and lose a turn climbing out, and there are a few more RPing actions available. Seismic activity has a 30% chance to break the platform you are currently on, letting lava soak in and making everything on the platform take a dunk in lava. It may also cause some rocks to fall from above, hitting all pokemon for 15 rock-type damage (affected by resistance). Dig and Dive will give your pokemon a nice lava bath. There is no water source and no nearby life.

Objection has two battle slots and is going to fill one of them with a Halloween-themed battle.

4v4 singles
NFEs and weak FEs (ie, < 25 moves)
3-day DQ
2 substitutions
2 recovers/5 chills
Arena: Trick or Treat

With Halloween right around the corner, the trainers will be going trick-or-treating and their pokemon are coming with them. The suburbs provide rock sources and grass sources in the form of trash cans and front yards respectively, but no water sources.

Whenever a pokemon is sent out for the first time, the trainer must decide which creature-of-the-night-themed costume it will wear. Each trainer can only use each costume once. The costumes have various effects as follows:
  • Devil: All of the pokemon's damaging moves have a 10% burn chance in addition to their usual effects. If the move already has a burn chance, that burn chance is increased by 10%.
  • Frankenstein's Monster: The pokemon's starting energy and maximum energy are increased by 20.
  • Mummy: Whenever the pokemon uses a partial trapping move, the move has no maximum duration and does not require focus to maintain. In addition, the pokemon gains the move Wrap if it doesn't already know the move.
  • Skeleton: All damaging moves have their BAP reduced by 1 against the pokemon. If the pokemon flinches, this reduction is increased to 2 until the pokemon next acts.
  • Vampire: Whenever the pokemon uses Bite, Crunch or any move with the word "Fang" in its name, the move's energy cost (prior to STAB) is increased by 50% and rounded up to the nearest whole number, and the move restores HP equal to 50% of the damage dealt.
  • Werewolf: Whenever the pokemon uses a multi-hit move that makes contact with the opponent, the energy cost, minimum number of hits and maximum number of hits are increased by 1. In addition, if the pokemon uses Moonlight, it heals an extra 5 HP.
  • Witch: Whenever the pokemon uses a special Ghost- or Dark-type move, the secondary effect chance of the move is doubled. If the move has no secondary effect, or if its secondary effect has a 100% chance of occurring, the move's BAP is increased by 2.
  • Zombie: The pokemon's starting HP and maximum HP are increased by 20.

Objection has two battle slots and is going to fill one of them with a Halloween-themed battle.

4v4 singles
3-day DQ
2 substitutions
2 recovers/5 chills

With Halloween right around the corner, the trainers will be going trick-or-treating and their pokemon are coming with them. The suburbs provide rock sources and grass sources in the form of trash cans and front yards respectively, but no water sources.

Whenever a pokemon is sent out for the first time, the trainer must decide which creature-of-the-night-themed costume it will wear. Each trainer can only use each costume once. The costumes have various effects as follows:
  • Devil: All of the pokemon's damaging moves have a 10% burn chance in addition to their usual effects. If the move already has a burn chance, that burn chance is increased by 10%.
  • Frankenstein's Monster: The pokemon's starting energy and maximum energy are increased by 20.
  • Mummy: Whenever the pokemon uses a partial trapping move, the move has no maximum duration and does not require focus to maintain. In addition, the pokemon gains the move Wrap if it doesn't already know the move.
  • Skeleton: All damaging moves have their BAP reduced by 1 against the pokemon. If the pokemon flinches, this reduction is increased to 2 until the pokemon next acts.
  • Vampire: Whenever the pokemon uses Bite, Crunch or any move with the word "Fang" in its name, the move's energy cost (prior to STAB) is increased by 50% and rounded up to the nearest whole number, and the move restores HP equal to 50% of the damage dealt.
  • Werewolf: Whenever the pokemon uses a multi-hit move that makes contact with the opponent, the energy cost, minimum number of hits and maximum number of hits are increased by 1. In addition, if the pokemon uses Moonlight, it heals an extra 5 HP.
  • Witch: Whenever the pokemon uses a special Ghost- or Dark-type move, the secondary effect chance of the move is doubled. If the move has no secondary effect, or if its secondary effect has a 100% chance of occurring, the move's BAP is increased by 2.
I can do it!
Switch = OK
Training Items
All Abilities

Okay Objection, I'll take that one. A good excuse to use some of my newer and lesser used FEs.

Switch = OK
Items = OFF
Abilities = All

EDIT: Or maybe I'm too late

Look, I've had a rough couple of months due to College and similar irl issues. As such, I have been told that many of you think I have abandoned you all. That is not so. As you can see, I am officially back and ready for action!!!

3v3 singles or 4v4 doubles
Training
No FEs, though weak middle stage/single stage mons are a yes, but no more than 2 total of those
Switching (Foe's decision) ---- I'll be using weak first stagers

Arena: ASB arena with the following twist -> After the first round, at the start of every round, there is a 50% chance that moves with added effects will either have the effect chance Doubled or reduced to 0. This means that one of the two will always be active starting round 2.

Please, its been a while, so can this be fun? If not, remember that I have yet to read up on any changes in my absence. I thank you in advance for your paitence.

Challenging my friend King Serperior to a 4v4 Babysitter Match (3 NFE, 1 FE, Doubles)
Switch: KO
Items: Anything
Abilities: All
Arena: my personal favorite, Unown Soup

Accepting Comp's challange. Hmm......Have I fed Bane recently? Is King wanting swimming practice? Is Firestorm assorted to Noodles? Find out who I choose :D

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Going to offer two of the same challenges.

4v4 Singles/Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 Substitutions
Unlimited Chills/Recoveries
Switch = OK
All Abilities
Items On
Arena: Pokemon Stadium

You can chose whether it's Singles or Doubles.
So I think there's still one open. I'll take this, singles. PM'ing mons to box.

Challenging my friend King Serperior to a 4v4 Babysitter Match (3 NFE, 1 FE, Doubles)
Switch: KO
Items: Anything
Abilities: All
Arena: my personal favorite, Unown Soup

Accepting Comp's challange. Hmm......Have I fed Bane recently? Is King wanting swimming practice? Is Firestorm assorted to Noodles? Find out who I choose :D
I will be reffing this. PM me mons.

"Yoshinite
Reposting this
Open Challenge!
4v4 NFE Doubles
2 Day DQ
2 recovers, 5 chills
Arena: TELEPORTATION"

You've found a challenge!
2 subs per team
Switch = KO
Items = On
All Abilities
I'll ref this too then.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
LET'S PUT OUT A CHALLENGE FOR ME TO REF, AND TWO BATTLERS ACCEPT IT!

1v1 FE Singles
2 Day DQ for Battlers, 3 Day DQ for ref
No Recovers/No Chills
Abilities = None
No Subs
Items = Off
Switch = lol
Arena:
WORST ARENA EVER!

This arena is quite possibly the least fun arena to battle in! ...that's about it.

RULES:
-All Pokemon's HP is doubled
-All BAPs are halved (not including crits and the like)
-Each Pokemon has a form of Truant. I will flip a coin to see who orders first. That person's Pokemon will act A1 and A3 of the first round. The person ordering second will only act on A2. This will keep goin for the whole battle.
-Stat boosters are outlawed
-Attacks such as Outrage do not lock you in, and do not leave you confused, due to the Truantness of the mons.
-Attacks such as Giga Impact are not affected, but encouraged.

WHO IS DUMB BRAVE ENOUGH TO TAKE THIS ON?

Ullar, I invite (Read challenge) you to a Bug slaughterfest!!

2v2 doubles
I use Metapod and Kakuna. You use whatever you want.
Switch = KO (Duh)
All items and abilities
2 day DQ.

4v4 singles
3-day DQ
2 substitutions
2 recovers/5 chills

I can do it!
Switch = OK
Training Items
All Abilities
Nummy UC for any of those refs out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)