Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
When my Kingdra was put to sleep in the middle of an outrage, I had to stay in for one turn and use Outrage again, even though I was asleep. After that, I was able to switch.
replay: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu3065083
This will be fixed as of the next restart, thanks.

White Kyruem's Fusion Flare Bypasses my Forretress's Sturdy (It has item red card if it helps) and K0s it .... Fix this or ubers will be unfair :(
White Kyurem has the Ability Turboblaze which ignores Sturdy.

When playing unranked matches, if a player leaves, the "claim victory" button does nothing. I was playing a match with a friend and he disconnected, and because I could not claim victory, I was unable to save the replay.

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
Well, i was making a team for LC and i decided to use a golett. I used shadow punch/focus punch/substitute and stealth rocks. After using it in 2 matches i found out it was ilegal to use shadow punch/focus punch on it. But althought it was ilegal i can use it in the ladder.

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Well, i was making a team for LC and i decided to use a golett. I used shadow punch/focus punch/substitute and stealth rocks. After using it in 2 matches i found out it was ilegal to use shadow punch/focus punch on it. But althought it was ilegal i can use it in the ladder.
Yeah, PS! doesn't recognise level-up moves beyond level 5 being illegal on genderless gen 5 Pokemon at the moment, and that's why you can use it.

EDIT: Yes I did mean genderless <_>. Fixed

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
Typeless pokes .-.? maybie you meant genderless but yeah i was reporting it so it might get fixed.

I want to report a bug in showdown. In Showdown, Chansey can't have counter and sesmic toss on the same set. This needs to be fixed. Someone please fix this.

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
I want to report a bug in showdown. In Showdown, Chansey can't have counter and sesmic toss on the same set. This needs to be fixed. Someone please fix this.
This has been answered a few times, this is a known bug. The solution is to have either counter before seismic toss or seismic toss before counter (i cant remember which). I'm pretty sure its counter before S toss so a moveset like:

- Counter
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Protect

should work fine, just not is seismic toss is before counter (or vice versa if I got it the wrong way round)

Sheer Cold + Shadow Force

Turn 14
The foe's Kyogre used Thunder!
Palkia lost 38% of its health!
Palkia fainted!
The foe's Kyogre restored HP using its Leftovers!
Meteor Miss sent out Arceus-Ghost!
Pointed stones dug into Arceus-Ghost!
Turn 15
Arceus-Ghost used Shadow Force!
Arceus-Ghost vanished instantly!
The foe's Kyogre used Sheer Cold!
Arceus-Ghost lost 88% of its health!
Arceus-Ghost fainted!

As can be seen, Arceus was hit in the invulnerable turn of Shadow Force by sheer cold. While Sheer Cold bypasses all accuracy and evasion modifiers, it isn't supposed to miss when a pokemon is invulnerable (similar to the way that Aura Sphere will always miss a pokemon using shadow force).

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Turn 14
The foe's Kyogre used Thunder!
Palkia lost 38% of its health!
Palkia fainted!
Meteor Miss sent out Arceus-Ghost!
Pointed stones dug into Arceus-Ghost!
Turn 15
Arceus-Ghost used Shadow Force!
Arceus-Ghost vanished instantly!
The foe's Kyogre used Sheer Cold!
Arceus-Ghost lost 88% of its health!
Arceus-Ghost fainted!

As can be seen, Arceus was hit in the invulnerable turn of Shadow Force by sheer cold. While Sheer Cold bypasses all accuracy and evasion modifiers, it isn't supposed to miss when a pokemon is invulnerable (similar to the way that Aura Sphere will always miss a pokemon using shadow force).
I'm assuming that this is a hackmons battle and kyogre has no guard? In which case I believe this is what is supposed to happen.

Switching Pokemon Bug

this has happened to me several times. when switching pokemon, the pokemon that comes out takes the shape of a different poke in my party, but has the same moves and stats as the one i intended to switch in.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
this has happened to me several times. when switching pokemon, the pokemon that comes out takes the shape of a different poke in my party, but has the same moves and stats as the one i intended to switch in.
Is this Zorua, Zoroark, or another pokemon with Illusion as its ability?

no. slaking had illusion, but this has happened before when no pokemon had illusion. btw, this is balancedhackmons.
also, if it was because of illusion, the stats would not have been copied
btw, how do i upload an image to a post?

I'm not sure if PO or Showdown is wrong, but when I kill a poke with u-turn or volt switch and switch to my genesect, I get no download boost. On PO iirc I would always get the spatk boost if there was no opposing poke.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
I'm not sure if PO or Showdown is wrong, but when I kill a poke with u-turn or volt switch and switch to my genesect, I get no download boost. On PO iirc I would always get the spatk boost if there was no opposing poke.
This was fixed earlier today actually, Download does not activate if there is no Pokemon on the other side of the field. If PO is doing it that way then PO is incorrect.

I've started getting back into playing PS recently, despite my terrible connection on my desktop. Unfortunately, I've been prevented from playing much due to an unfortunate bug. It seems that if you disconnect while you have your move chosen OR if a move is already being made, the match gets stuck on "Waiting for players..." and you are unable to do anything other than talk. When this happens, it doesn't even say you disconnected/reconnected.
That happened to me a few times. I make my move, then I wait for a while, and it still says "Waiting for opponent...". The chat stops moving, and I know that I have disconnected. I refresh the page, and it now says "Waiting for players..." as if I am a spectator, so I can't do anything but chat. I already lost 3 battles like this. Sometimes, when I refresh, it just says "Join Battle". I press that, and continue battling normally.

"Undead" Zoroark icon

I think that I have found a minor aesthetic glitch with the Pokemon Showdown! battle simulator. The battle video is http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu2827709. I challenged my friend (BlackGarchomp) to a UU battle. At the end of turn 10, my friend sent out an untransformed Zoroark. It KOs my Chandelure with Dark Pulse, and lost 10% of its HP due to Life Orb. At the end of turn 11, I sent out a Heracross. On turn 12, my Heracross KOs Zoroark with Close Combat. Zoroark's HP bar moves slightly to the left, then it faints. However, throughout the rest of the match, Zoroark's icon underneath BlackGarchomp's avatar remains unfaded, as if it is still alive. I win the battle, and the icon is still not faded.

Along with magic room, Wonder room doesn't work. Also, when Gravity's 5 turns is up, the "gravity" at the top left of the screen is still there, and when the move is used again, the countdown doesn't show up.

Does anyone want to respond/confirm/deny this? It seems very important, especially since the OHKO clause is being tested in ubers right now.

Marty

Always more to find
Research Leader
Does anyone want to respond/confirm/deny this? It seems very important, especially since the OHKO clause is being tested in ubers right now.
Thanks for pointing that out, it will be fixed after the next restart.

It's saying that Charmeleon can't learn Dragon Pulse, Outrage, or Flare Blitz with Rest and/or Sleep Talk, although it's entirely possible according to Bulbapedia.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's saying that Charmeleon can't learn Dragon Pulse, Outrage, or Flare Blitz with Rest and/or Sleep Talk, although it's entirely possible according to Bulbapedia.
I just checked every scenario here with the /learn command in Showdown, and in actual battles. That was not the result that I got. There was nothing saying that Charmeleon can't learn those moves in conjunction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)