5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

This is in BW2
ok i tried using my other dsi(which i didnt change date as it messup the daily event)...i can confirm that you cant remove the fog by usual method..
i tried..
1saving in giant chasm,change date 1 month ahead,encounter a poke,KO it,and fogs still there..
2.changing date to 11/30 23.59 and stood in game an let the date roll to new month,battle a wild poke,KO, fogs there...
3.change the date to the birthday registered in the dsi,battle a wild poke,KO,fogs there..(but if you change the date to your B'day the fog in route 14 will go away)...

Any other solutions to remove the fog in giant chasm...please help....thx
Dam.. it seems they have fixed it, I guess it's not possible anymore ;(

Um...quick note about 9.96.4:

...I think there's a bug there. It's not the min seconds, either, because I get the same thing when I don't mess with that.

I'll go ahead and try with different min & max GxStats and see if that makes a difference, though.

What I Was Trying to Hit:
Pokemon: Duosion (encounter slot 0)
Date: 11/06/12
Time: 02:26:38
Timer0: 10F5
Keypresses: Select-R
Frame: 830 (shiny frame)
Seed: FB57D064A6804D7C

What I Got:
Pokemon: Duosion
Level: 37
Nature: Adamant
IT WAS SHINY.

I'm 99% sure I hit my frame since it was shiny. I don't know what happened.
There doesn't happen to be a swarm in the area, is there? Also, what's your ID/SID?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm trying to RNG a near flawless metang in the giant chasm. I got rid of the fog using the month trick.
Seed:FC7DC5594A2830DF
Timer0:Min-C7C Max-C7C
Nature:Jolly
Iv's:31/31/31/6/31/31
Frame:1
Keypresses:A
Encounter slots:7,9,11

I am quite new to rng but I have successfully RNGed twice and I am not sure what is wrong. I keep getting piloswines and clefairies instead of the metang i want

Since no one answered you, you need to advance the PIDRNG to the particular frame that gives you the encounter you want. The easiest way to do that is to use two Chatot with custom Chatter cries, and flip through their summaries - each time you view the Chatot's summary, the PIDRNG increases by one.

GxStat is ALWAYS 6, or 86 if you SR.
I know. By "different min & max GxStats" I meant using 6 for min and 7 for max (knowing that any result with 7 was wrong) to see if that'd make it stick to those, and if having 6 in both was what generated that glitch. So far none of those weird GxStats have shown up that way, but I haven't gotten a proper result yet, either.

For RNGing a starter, about what frame can you expect to start in the summer after loading up the NPCs and all?
When I was RNGing my starter, if I button-mashed to talk to Bianca as soon as the season info disappeared from the screen, I would hit frame ~25. I believe it varies, but for both times I tried to RNG for my ID/SID/starter, I ended up with frames in the 20s.

If you wait even a second, though, the frame jumps up by a lot. For example, I found that if I talked to her immediately when the area info popped out (once I started seeing the border come on screen) I hit frames in the mid to late 50s.

Is that 20ish after the starting frame? So if I have a starting frame 50, I should look in the 70s and hope to get lucky?

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I'm 99% sure I hit my frame since it was shiny. I don't know what happened.
Do you have a shiny charm or a syncher? Because both could cause this.

Um...quick note about 9.96.4:

...I think there's a bug there. It's not the min seconds, either, because I get the same thing when I don't mess with that.

I'll go ahead and try with different min & max GxStats and see if that makes a difference, though.
I'm pretty sure you'll probably need about 10 to properly calibrate. It's just a wide range of possibilities. I'll make reporter demand at least a certain amount after I figure out what those numbers are.

I'm pretty sure you'll probably need about 10 to properly calibrate. It's just a wide range of possibilities. I'll make reporter demand at least a certain amount after I figure out what those numbers are.
The issue IMO isn't the number of results, but how it gave results with all those weird GxStats when it was set to only look at 6. Or is that what you're referring to, too?

I got the same timer0 two out of two times when calibrating and that timer0 have been working for me. It depends on what get get how many times you need to calibrate. I only did one calibration on my Japanese B2 and that have also been working for me, but I think I was just lucky there (didn't know about the high amount of possible timer0 at that time).

Well, if it helps (and if you missed that, too), I re-ran the search with GxStat set to 6-7 instead of 6-6, and they don't show up (actually, nothing did after about 4 billion results searched [still going], but that's probably normal since, like you said, there's a lot of possibilities).

I got the same timer0 two out of two times when calibrating and that timer0 have been working for me. It depends on what get get how many times you need to calibrate. I only did one calibration on my Japanese B2 and that have also been working for me, but I think I was just lucky there (didn't know about the high amount of possible timer0 at that time).
We're talking about something else.

What's going on here? I time finder'd a seed I want on frame 1, but every other thing is showing that the spread I want isn't on frame 1.

so is Dream Radar RNGing now functional on RNGReporter 9.96.4 or are there some tweaks needed that will be implemented in later releases?

Two things.
1. I finally saw the shine of kyurem after 14 tries. Then the damn thing ran out of moves and killed it self. Soooo pissed.
2. I started learning computer science this year. I was playing around and decided to make a simple program that can help count with frame advancement. I was just wondering if anyone would like me to upload it?

so is Dream Radar RNGing now functional on RNGReporter 9.96.4 or are there some tweaks needed that will be implemented in later releases?
What 9.96.4 added is more a prequel step to Dream Radar RNG, though it needs fixes.

While you're at it, Slashmolder, you might wanna take another look over the search code. Unless the progress box showing over 20 billion results (or maybe 200 billion, the last few digits are going so fast that they kind of blur together so I can't tell for sure) searched on default ranges minus the GxStat change I mentioned, and still going with 0 results and a full progress bar since the first couple million or so is normal for BW2, that is.

What's going on here? I time finder'd a seed I want on frame 1, but every other thing is showing that the spread I want isn't on frame 1.
You have to check the BW2 box in the main window. It seems that the Adjacent Seed Tool also uses the BW1 frames. So if you chose 3 as Min and Max Frame, it should work.

I've calibrated using my English (UK) White 2 on my german DSi, and I'm so freaking mad right now.

1) Is it normal that you can have 2 different VCounts? Mine being AC and AD, the latter being more common with 14/20 times.

2) I have 11 different timer0's. Range is from 1671 to 167E, with 1674 and 167C being the most common ones with 4/20 and 3/20, respectively.

3) My "Actual Seconds" are either 26 (happening 17/20 times) or 27 (3/20 times). Does that have an influence on my timer0 ranges, so should I maybe re-arrange my custom timer to be more precise (it's set to 25:05 atm) and re-calibrate after that?

4)As you can see, I've calibrated with 20 Pokémon, all from Route 19, all with the game started on 10/25/2012 at 12:00:25, all Sweet Scented instantly.
I've also, yesterday, calibrated with the same setup at Floccesy Ranch, with the only difference being EonTimer running on my Laptop (and the ingame-location, of course). I had the feeling it was less precisely running, so I switched to my PC for todays haul.
-> The results of yesterday were vastly different from today. My "Actual Seconds" were 27 most of the time (17/20 times) and the timer0's were in the range from 166B to 167E, with the most common being 1675 (3/20) and 167C (3/20), and I've seen 2 different VCounts as well.

Summary:
My results, overall, are incredibly inconclusive. Yesterday and today's hauls delivered different parameters, eventhough both were done with a relatively large sample size and under almost the same circumstances.
Edit: As I said, EonTimer seems to be running imprecisely on my Laptop, so yesterdays hauls might not have been representative.

Final questions:
Is it worth trying again with my DSi or should I switch to my DS Lite? I think it might be slightly easier with that because it shows a clock on the main screen. Does the DS Lite maybe have a smaller range of timer0s?

all this took maybe 5 hours combined and im pissed as all hell

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
What 9.96.4 added is more a prequel step to Dream Radar RNG, though it needs fixes.

While you're at it, Slashmolder, you might wanna take another look over the search code. Unless the progress box showing over 20 billion results (or maybe 200 billion, the last few digits are going so fast that they kind of blur together so I can't tell for sure) searched on default ranges minus the GxStat change I mentioned, and still going with 0 results and a full progress bar since the first couple million or so is normal for BW2, that is.
So the Unova Link calibration can't be used yet? Or can you manually set the gx to 6?
~Uiru
There's actually a bug in the bounding of GxStat and it'll infinitely search, that is until it stops itself in an attempt to fix crashes. Don't use this feature until the next version.

I've calibrated using my English (UK) White 2 on my german DSi, and I'm so freaking mad right now.

1) Is it normal that you can have 2 different VCounts? Mine being AC and AD, the latter being more common with 14/20 times.

2) I have 11 different timer0's. Range is from 1671 to 167E, with 1674 and 167C being the most common ones with 4/20 and 3/20, respectively.

3) My "Actual Seconds" are either 26 (happening 17/20 times) or 27 (3/20 times). Does that have an influence on my timer0 ranges, so should I maybe re-arrange my custom timer to be more precise (it's set to 25:05 atm) and re-calibrate after that?

4)As you can see, I've calibrated with 20 Pokémon, all from Route 19, all with the game started on 10/25/2012 at 12:00:25, all Sweet Scented instantly.
I've also, yesterday, calibrated with the same setup at Floccesy Ranch, with the only difference being EonTimer running on my Laptop (and the ingame-location, of course). I had the feeling it was less precisely running, so I switched to my PC for todays haul.
-> The results of yesterday were vastly different from today. My "Actual Seconds" were 27 most of the time (17/20 times) and the timer0's were in the range from 166B to 167E, with the most common being 1675 (3/20) and 167C (3/20), and I've seen 2 different VCounts as well.

Summary:
My results, overall, are incredibly inconclusive. Yesterday and today's hauls delivered different parameters, eventhough both were done with a relatively large sample size and under almost the same circumstances.

Final questions:
Is it worth trying again with my DSi or should I switch to my DS Lite? I think it might be slightly easier with that because it shows a clock on the main screen. Does the DS Lite maybe have a smaller range of timer0s?

all this took maybe 5 hours combined and im pissed as all hell
1) It's been reported by a few people, it's not normal but it does happen.
2) Thanks for reporting that, again it's to be expected.
3) That should be fixable with proper calibration of EonTimer, you're probably pressing it so that it starts right between those two.

For me personally I've seen less of a range on my DS Lite than my 3DS but don't take that as anything scientific. Really you're just going to have to live with the ranges unfortunately. There's nothing we can do.

1) It's been reported by a few people, it's not normal but it does happen.
2) Thanks for reporting that, again it's to be expected.
3) That should be fixable with proper calibration of EonTimer, you're probably pressing it so that it starts right between those two.

For me personally I've seen less of a range on my DS Lite than my 3DS but don't take that as anything scientific. Really you're just going to have to live with the ranges unfortunately. There's nothing we can do.
Thanks for replying so quickly. :)
I guess that means I'll give my DS Lite a shot. Should be way more precise with the clock on the top screen, at least as far as actual seconds go.
Man, I used to be able to RNG with my eyes closed in BW1. :/
Looks like Game Freak has done a decent job at making it harder for us that time.
I'm curious as to how exactly timer0 works and why we can't control it no matter what we do.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
This was not intentional at all. Timer0 is a really fast moving timer that starts when the game starts and is read when the game is seeded. Just because of how the hardware works booting your game doesn't always take the exact same amount of time to boot. The problem is they started doing more things before the RNG seeding takes place meaning there's more room for variability.

Could you keep that optional, please? As in leave a message on RNG Reporter that recommended test captures should be in the range of ten or so.

Those of us with some RNG experience have our shortcuts. Now that I've RNGed at least once on Gen 5 version 2, I know the range of the timer0 is going to be within five to seven of the timer0 values I get with test captures. After that, I just need to do my usual RNG and check for adjacent timer0s to see which one I'm hitting more often, rather than waste time capturing pokes I don't need.

Also, when I did this Genesect RNG, I noticed that timer0 trolling is horrific on v2, because when I used the most common timer0 for a seed, then the other values became common and the timer0 I used became the least common one to show up. In the end, it was just persistence that got me the Genesect, because switching to other seeds was useless. I just stuck to one seed and waited umpteen tries for the right timer to show up again.

So yeah, please make multiple test captures optional for DS parameters. I'd like to skip the extra work. :)

Could you keep that optional, please? As in leave a message on RNG Reporter that recommended test captures should be in the range of ten or so.

Those of us with some RNG experience have our shortcuts. Now that I've RNGed at least once on Gen 5 version 2, I know the range of the timer0 is going to be within five to seven of the timer0 values I get with test captures. After that, I just need to do my usual RNG and check for adjacent timer0s to see which one I'm hitting more often, rather than waste time capturing pokes I don't need.

Also, when I did this Genesect RNG, I noticed that timer0 trolling is horrific on v2, because when I used the most common timer0 for a seed, then the other values became common and the timer0 I used became the least common one to show up. In the end, it was just persistence that got me the Genesect, because switching to other seeds was useless. I just stuck to one seed and waited umpteen tries for the right timer to show up again.

So yeah, please make multiple test captures optional for DS parameters. I'd like to skip the extra work. :)
Again, that's not what he/we was/were referring to. He's talking about the number of spinners for the new feature that needs to be fixed. Calm down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 28)