Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hippowdon moveset

I have seen on PS (and, in fact, on a smogon moveset) a Hippowdon with both Slack Off and Whirlwind. However, a Hippowdon can only obtain Whirlwind by breeding with a Shiftry, and can only obtain Slack Off by breeding with a pokemon from the Slakoth or Chimchar evolutionary lines. This means that a set with both moves is impossible.

Incidentally, Hippowdon learns Roar by TM, making this almost completely irrelevant; however, roar cannot phaze through Soundproof, while Whirlwind can. While not the most important of issues, Slack Off+Whirlwind is an illegal moveset.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I have seen on PS (and, in fact, on a smogon moveset) a Hippowdon with both Slack Off and Whirlwind. However, a Hippowdon can only obtain Whirlwind by breeding with a Shiftry, and can only obtain Slack Off by breeding with a pokemon from the Slakoth or Chimchar evolutionary lines. This means that a set with both moves is impossible.

Incidentally, Hippowdon learns Roar by TM, making this almost completely irrelevant; however, roar cannot phaze through Soundproof, while Whirlwind can. While not the most important of issues, Slack Off+Whirlwind is an illegal moveset.
hippowdon is in the ground egg group, meaning it can get the combination of these moves by breeding with smeargle.

I just checked every scenario here with the /learn command in Showdown, and in actual battles. That was not the result that I got. There was nothing saying that Charmeleon can't learn those moves in conjunction.
Maybe it's client side, then. I'll post a screenshot later when I get home (the computer I'm on can't run PS), but it was definitely telling me that I couldn't use those moves together and wouldn't let me go into battle.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
It's saying that Charmeleon can't learn Dragon Pulse, Outrage, or Flare Blitz with Rest and/or Sleep Talk, although it's entirely possible according to Bulbapedia.
Are you using Solar Power? Charmeleon can't have Dragon Pulse or Flare Blitz with Solar Power since they are egg moves and the only DW Charmander released is male only.

i got on this about 2 minutes ago as pokelover217 and then, my computer disconnected. i got on just now and it was telling me someone else is already using the name pokelover217 and they signed me on as a guest. how do you log in if you can log in?

Beat Up hits 6 times? This is wrong. Beat Up is only suppossed to count the total number of teammate Pokes to calculate how many times it hits. It is not suppossed to count the Pokemon using the move in it's calculation.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Joel, you are wrong, and this is why the first post tells you to check on Veekun before post a bug report.

For proof, here's a video of Beat Up in Pokemon Black.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBn_WDkSflM
"Each pokemon on your party that does not have a status ailment or is knocked out, including the user, will get to attack once."

this is a very recent glitch: often, if i click a pokemon to switch and then change my mind and click another before my opponent moves, i will often switch twice, which is often a gamechanger.

also i tried to save a replay and got hash mismatch

also if you click something, then cancel and click something else it often does one followed by the other without you having a chance to do anything

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
The cancel button lags behind the client.

When you click cancel, the cancel message still needs to get to the server before it will cancel your move, therefore if there is lag in the system the cancel button will appear to not be working but in actual fact the signal just hasn't reached the server before both players picked a move.

So just be extra sure about your move when you are in a laggy enviroment instead of relying on the cancel button when the entire system is lagging -.-

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RoA Leader
Aquaaa and I were playing some good 'ol DPP NU when we found a bug. Torment doesn't work properly when something is Encored.

Turn 13
Lapras used Dragon Dance!
[DEBUG] sub bypass: self hit.
Lapras's Attack rose!
Lapras's Speed rose!
The foe's Politoed used Encore!
Lapras received an encore!
The hail crashes down.
[DEBUG] natural immunity.
[DEBUG] weather immunity.
The foe's Politoed is buffeted by the hail!
Lapras restored HP using its Leftovers!
The foe's Politoed restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 14
Aquaaa called Politoed back!
Aquaaa sent out Hypno!
Lapras's Attack rose!
Lapras's Speed rose!
The hail crashes down.
The foe's Hypno is buffeted by the hail!
The foe's Hypno restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 15
phoopes: Ugh, you're so annoying when you do that.
Lapras's Attack rose!
Lapras's Speed rose!
The foe's Hypno used Torment!
Lapras was subjected to torment!
The hail crashes down.
Turn 16
Aquaaa called Hypno back!
Aquaaa sent out Politoed!
Lapras's Attack rose!
Lapras's Speed rose!
The hail crashes down.
Turn 17
Aquaaa: 1 more turn
Aquaaa: Yus
Lapras's Attack rose!
Lapras's Speed rose!
The foe's Politoed used Haze!
All stat changes were eliminated!
The hail crashes down.
Turn 18
phoopes: Wow...
Lapras's Attack rose!
Lapras's Speed rose!
The foe's Politoed used Attract!
Lapras fell in love!
The hail crashes down.

tl;dr:

Turn 13: Lapras uses Dragon Dance, and is Encored.
Turn 15: Lapras is Tormented.
Turns 16-18: Lapras keep using Dragon Dance.

The button appeared showing that I had to use Struggle, but it went ahead and used Dragon Dance anyway. The same sort of thing happened later in the match.

Lapras is in love with Politoed! (placeholder)
Lapras used Substitute!
Lapras put in a substitute!
Lapras lost 25% of its health!
The foe's Politoed used Encore!
Lapras received an encore!
The hail crashes down.
The foe's Politoed was hurt by poison!
The foe's Politoed fainted!
phoopes: noooooo
Aquaaa sent out Hypno!
Turn 40
Aquaaa: brb
phoopes: k
Aquaaa: kback
[DEBUG] Removing Attract volatile on p2: Lapras.
Lapras used Substitute!
Lapras already has a substitute!
The foe's Hypno used Torment!
Lapras was subjected to torment!
The hail crashes down.
Turn 41
Lapras used Substitute!
The foe's Hypno used Seismic Toss!
Lapras's substitute took the damage!
The hail crashes down.
Turn 42
Lapras used Substitute!
Lapras's substitute faded!
The hail crashes down.
Turn 43
phoopes: I don't like how the Attract tag doesn't fade.
phoopes: It annoys me.
Lapras used Substitute!
The hail crashes down.
Turn 44
Aquaaa: How come you can keep subbing
Aquaaa: Even though your tormented
Lapras used Substitute!
The hail crashes down.
Turn 45
phoopes: Idk.
phoopes: Happened with Dragon Dance too.
Aquaaa: Gdi PS
Aquaaa: And your stupid bugs
Lapras used Substitute!
The hail crashes down.
Turn 46
phoopes: So, Torment doesn't work when something is Encored?
Aquaaa: Wanna play SS2 with me and Alt?
Aquaaa: Idk
phoopes: I'll report that after the battle.
Aquaaa: Apparently not
phoopes: Yeah, I guess I'll play.
Aquaaa: Yay c:
phoopes: I gotta eat lunch right after this though, so I'll be a few minutes.
Lapras used Substitute!
The hail crashes down.
Turn 47
Aquaaa: (Private to +phoopes) http://shellshocklive2.com/
Lapras used Substitute!
Lapras's encore ended!
The hail crashes down.

tl;dr:

Turn 39: Lapras uses Substitute and is Encored.
Turn 40: Lapras is Tormented.
Turns 41-47: Lapras continues to use Substitute.

Same deal as before, the button showing I had to use Struggle came up, but when I clicked it, it kept on using Substitute.

Also, here's the replay if that helps.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/gen4debugmode3407362

HP bug

Occasionally when I play a battle, my pokemon will randomly lose 1% hp and when I play an opponent the math will add up to a KO and it'll survive with 1% for example I fought a scyther who had 50% left and when I hit it the sim said I dealt 50% hp but the scyther somehow had 1% left. My username is Saucy Wench.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RoA Leader
That has to do with the way the system rounds to percentages. The 1% drop in health does not effect actual HP (located above the four move choices), it's just a graphical thing. Same thing with your percentage problem when attacking. For example, if Scyther had 300 HP, 150 HP would be 50%. However, if you deal 149 HP worth of damage, PS! rounds that up to 50% health lost, while rounding up the 1 HP remaining to 1% health remaining. Again, these things are purely graphical. They do not have an effect on the actual HP totals on the Pokemon whatsoever, meaning they do not impact the outcome of the battle at all. As such, they're low on the list of problems to fix, I'm sure. There's more important stuff to do.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Dig is funny if you hit yourself in confusion while underground.

I remained underground, couldnt do anything other than dig, and using dig caused me to burrow underground.

I am not certain whether this is desired behaviour or not.

Code:
Turn 20
oyiu called Plusle back!
oyiu sent out Omastar!
Wormadam-Sandy is confused!
Wormadam-Sandy used Dig!
Wormadam-Sandy burrowed its way under the ground!
Turn 21
oyiu called Omastar back!
oyiu sent out Litwick!
It hurt itself in its confusion!
The foe's Litwick is hurt by its Sticky Barb!
Turn 22
The foe's Litwick used Taunt!
Wormadam-Sandy fell for the taunt!
Wormadam-Sandy used Dig!
Wormadam-Sandy burrowed its way under the ground!
The foe's Litwick is hurt by its Sticky Barb!

I am not sure what happened, but i can't seem to be able to log into ps at all, my page starts to load and always stays in the page where it says that it's connecting but never does, this started about 3 days ago

"Claim victory" no longer seems to be working after an opponent disconnects.

In the past, a 30 second ultimatum showed up within about a minute or 2 of the opponent disconnecting.

I just had a match where the opponent disconnected, I clicked "claim victory," and the ultimatum never showed up even after waiting 5 minutes.

Edit: So exited out of the room and I received a message saying "error: the ladder could not be updated" along with X "This isn't a rated battle" messages even though it was a rated battle (with X corresponding to the number of times I clicked "claim victory").

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
"Claim victory" no longer seems to be working after an opponent disconnects.

In the past, a 30 second ultimatum showed up within about a minute or 2 of the opponent disconnecting.

I just had a match where the opponent disconnected, I clicked "claim victory," and the ultimatum never showed up even after waiting 5 minutes.

Edit: So exited out of the room and I received a message saying "error: the ladder could not be updated" along with X "This isn't a rated battle" messages even though it was a rated battle (with X corresponding to the number of times I clicked "claim victory").
It takes about half a minute for the claim victory timer to show in the chat after the button is pressed (lag may have prevented you from seeing it or from it starting immediately). Likely, the timer already went down and it tried to update the ladder but failed - when you pressed the button multiple times it saw that the ladder update did not work and treated the match as unrated.

I have two bugs that aren't in the lists:
1. If you have a ditto equipped with choice scarf and just use transform instead of imposter, you can freely choose moves afterwards(Happened to me while facing another ditto).That's fun, but I doubt it's on purpose.
2.If I cancel a move and choose a different one, the pokemon sometimes still uses the "old" move this turn and the new move instead one turn later, that did cost me one or two matches.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm not sure if this a bug, but the Hurricane animation lags horribly (at least 5 seconds). This only happens for Hurricane, though, which is why I found it kind of odd.

I didn't want to read the entire thing, so I don't know if someone has said this or not. When I'm in Hackmons, people sometimes have more than one Imposter Blissey. After she has transformed into something else and someone either pulls out another Poke Blissey's animation stays there and is overlapped by the other pokemon. Not completely game breaking, but it gets rather annoying sometimes because I like to play hackmons a lot.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I'm not sure if this a bug, but the Hurricane animation lags horribly (at least 5 seconds). This only happens for Hurricane, though, which is why I found it kind of odd.
Hurricane is by far the most graphically intensive animation. That's probably why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)