5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I think there's a bug with RNG Reporter 9.96.4.concerning GLAN Wondercards.

Here's a screenshot of me trying to find seeds for my german VGC Larvitar (Black 1).
(This guy)

As you can see, the frames it displays are all... pretty high. When I copy the seeds into the main window, select GLAN Wondercard and Generate, I get to see the actual IV frames, which are around 40 - 60 (eventhough I selected 10 advances max).
edit: No matter what I enter for min/max advances, this always happens.

Is that a bug or a mistake on my part? I selected "Always Shiny" on the right because the event Larvitar is always shiny. Its gender is always male and its nature is always Adamant, if that helps.

After the frustration of 11 different timer0s in White 2 yesterday, I tought I'd do something easier today. :D

There are a few think we cannot agree on understanding it one way about the Entralink absue in B2/W2 so we ask for clarification.
CGear seeds no longer exist, turning on the CGear advances the IVRNG by 2 frames and advances the PIDRNG like usual
Entralink starts on frame 26
That should mean, that Entralink abuse should work almost exact the same way as in B/W with the difference that:

1. We start searching with a minimum frame of 26 instead of frame 20?
2. We use Standard seeds for Stationary Pokemon instead of C-Gear seeds?
3. We actually can manipulate the PIDRNG in the Entralink reliably (I do not think so but the other one does)?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
There are a few think we cannot agree on understanding it one way about the Entralink absue in B2/W2 so we ask for clarification.
That should mean, that Entralink abuse should work almost exact the same way as in B/W with the difference that:

1. We start searching with a minimum frame of 26 instead of frame 20?
2. We use Standard seeds for Stationary Pokemon instead of C-Gear seeds?
3. We actually can manipulate the PIDRNG in the Entralink reliably (I do not think so but the other one does)?
Yes, yes, and yes. Also, why do you keep using we?

I think there's a bug with RNG Reporter 9.96.4.concerning GLAN Wondercards.

Here's a screenshot of me trying to find seeds for my german VGC Larvitar (Black 1).
(This guy)

As you can see, the frames it displays are all... pretty high.
That part's a glitch.

When I copy the seeds into the main window, select GLAN Wondercard and Generate, I get to see the actual IV frames, which are around 40 - 60 (eventhough I selected 10 advances max).
That part's completely normal, and to be expected. Make sure to click the Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame button before generating for Wondercards.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
Is it possible to remove weather effects in BW2? The season changing method from BW doesn't work at all :/
apparently changing the clock to your birthday will get rid of the fog on Route 14, but I haven't confirmed it. As for the other locations, I've got no clue. Most of the worthwile Pokemon that can be captured in those locations can be found in other locations, or in BW1.

hi every 1, im just starting out on learning how to rng abuse but i do not own a ds original nor a ds lite. does any one know where i can learn to rng abuse in pokemon black on a dsi. thank you.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
hi every 1, im just starting out on learning how to rng abuse but i do not own a ds original nor a ds lite. does any one know where i can learn to rng abuse in pokemon black on a dsi. thank you.
Doing it on a DSi is basically the same; the only major difference is that there's no second hand on the clock, so you have to have some other way of keeping track of seconds.

Hi Smogon. I'm trying to RNG in White 2 but I just can't seem to hit my seed no matter what I do. I'm trying to capture Reshiram but the IVs and Nature always come a lot off. Tried on both DS Lite and 3DS. Anyone knows what's going on?

Hi Smogon. I'm trying to RNG in White 2 but I just can't seem to hit my seed no matter what I do. I'm trying to capture Reshiram but the IVs and Nature always come a lot off. Tried on both DS Lite and 3DS. Anyone knows what's going on?
How did you calibrate your timer0? It's good to calibrate it at least 20 times just to get an idea of what your timer0 should be. That's only about 75% of the work. The other 25% is patience.

How did you calibrate your timer0? It's good to calibrate it at least 20 times just to get an idea of what your timer0 should be. That's only about 75% of the work. The other 25% is patience.
Twice with button presses and twice without them. I'll do the calibration step a couple of times to see how it turned out. Thanks.

Twice with button presses and twice without them. I'll do the calibration step a couple of times to see how it turned out. Thanks.
Do it without button presses. It's easier that way. You can always add button presses when you ask TimeFinder for seeds (and you can use the same calibration without button presses - at least that's how I've done it in the past, and I've had no issues).

I've edited this post since a few hours ago, so anyone who read it before the edit should read it again as it's not the same question as before.

So I'm trying to RNG for an Adamant Chlorophyll Deerling with IVs of 31/31/31/Any/31/31. After hours of trying and failing on Black 2, I gave up with that and went back to my Black 1, where I was more used to it. As this was my first day using the new version of RNG Reporter, I had to put my info in again. I'm using an English Black 1 with a 3DS. I calibrated it twice just to be sure I got it right, and put the info in my profile.

On the Time Finder I put the Method as IVs Standard Seed, Encounter Type Wild Pokemon, and Encounter Slots 1 and 3, I looked it up and those are both Deerling. I then put in the IVs/Nature/Ability, and put the Gender as Any gender, Ratio as 50% M/50% F. In all of 2012 I got no results, same with 2013. 2014 I got three.

I went and put the seed from the first one into the main screen of RNG Reporter. I put the Method as Gen 5 PIDRNG, Encounter Type Wild Pokemon, Synchronize Lead None, Max Results 100000, I put in my ID and Secret ID, and I have already caught Tornadus in my game. (Does this mean I should click Roamer Released? I would've thought I shouldn't click it, which is what I did). I clicked calculate initial PIDRNG frame, clicked Generate, and filtered it to only show results with Encounter Slot 1 or 3, Ability 0, and Adamant nature. Gender I put as Don't Care/Genderless.

Then I went to catch it. My lead is a Terrakion, so he doesn't have Cute Charm, Synchronize, or Suction Cups. I was saved in the Dragonspiral Tower entrance (right above Icirrus) so there weren't any wandering NPCs around. I made sure to press A on the game 8 seconds before my target time, I didn't hold any keypresses, I made sure C-Gear was off, and I made sure to get into the menu quick even though there weren't any wandering NPCs. I listened to Chatot (with a custom cry) the correct number of times to advance the frame, and then used Sweet Scent.

Not only was the pokemon it gave me not a Deerling, but it didn't even have any 31 IVs! I tried again to make sure I didn't miscount, same thing. The pokemon I got wasn't even on one of the nearby frames. Then I tried both of the other results that the Time Finder gave me, and both worked out similarly to the first.

I apologize for the enormous post, but I figured the more information I give the easier it'll be for you guys to help me. At this point the only things I can think of are the Roamer Box I mentioned above, and I've also heard the phrase "getting Timer0 trolled" in this context, so if it's something with that i don't know about it. If it means anything, I've only ever seen myself having one Timer0. If you want I can provide screenshots, of my DS or of RNG Reporter. Thanks in advance.

THANKS, but now im having another problem. every time i try to find my dsi's parameter idont get any results. my dsi time is perfectly synced to a external clock and i put in all the correct information but i still get no results. somtimes it gives me results but rarely. i always press a after the white nintendo logo when he gamefreak logo glimmers. some 1 please help me with this problem.

I've edited this post since a few hours ago, so anyone who read it before the edit should read it again as it's not the same question as before.

So I'm trying to RNG for an Adamant Chlorophyll Deerling with IVs of 31/31/31/Any/31/31. After hours of trying and failing on Black 2, I gave up with that and went back to my Black 1, where I was more used to it. As this was my first day using the new version of RNG Reporter, I had to put my info in again. I'm using an English Black 1 with a 3DS. I calibrated it twice just to be sure I got it right, and put the info in my profile.

On the Time Finder I put the Method as IVs Standard Seed, Encounter Type Wild Pokemon, and Encounter Slots 1 and 3, I looked it up and those are both Deerling. I then put in the IVs/Nature/Ability, and put the Gender as Any gender, Ratio as 50% M/50% F. In all of 2012 I got no results, same with 2013. 2014 I got three.

I went and put the seed from the first one into the main screen of RNG Reporter. I put the Method as Gen 5 PIDRNG, Encounter Type Wild Pokemon, Synchronize Lead None, Max Results 100000, I put in my ID and Secret ID, and I have already caught Tornadus in my game. (Does this mean I should click Roamer Released? I would've thought I shouldn't click it, which is what I did). I clicked calculate initial PIDRNG frame, clicked Generate, and filtered it to only show results with Encounter Slot 1 or 3, Ability 0, and Adamant nature. Gender I put as Don't Care/Genderless.

Then I went to catch it. My lead is a Terrakion, so he doesn't have Cute Charm, Synchronize, or Suction Cups. I was saved in the Dragonspiral Tower entrance (right above Icirrus) so there weren't any wandering NPCs around. I made sure to press A on the game 8 seconds before my target time, I didn't hold any keypresses, I made sure C-Gear was off, and I made sure to get into the menu quick even though there weren't any wandering NPCs. I listened to Chatot (with a custom cry) the correct number of times to advance the frame, and then used Sweet Scent.

Not only was the pokemon it gave me not a Deerling, but it didn't even have any 31 IVs! I tried again to make sure I didn't miscount, same thing. The pokemon I got wasn't even on one of the nearby frames. Then I tried both of the other results that the Time Finder gave me, and both worked out similarly to the first.

I apologize for the enormous post, but I figured the more information I give the easier it'll be for you guys to help me. At this point the only things I can think of are the Roamer Box I mentioned above, and I've also heard the phrase "getting Timer0 trolled" in this context, so if it's something with that i don't know about it. If it means anything, I've only ever seen myself having one Timer0. If you want I can provide screenshots, of my DS or of RNG Reporter. Thanks in advance.
if the ivs doesnt match you didnt hit the seed...(timer0 trolling) or you didnt advance the ivframe (if you chose an iv frame greater than 1.)

if the ivs doesnt match you didnt hit the seed...(timer0 trolling) or you didnt advance the ivframe (if you chose an iv frame greater than 1.)
I know it's not the IV frame, I specifically made sure it was 1. What can I do to hit my seed then, seeing as starting the game at the right time/date without keypresses isn't enough? Should I go recalibrate until I can get a different Timer0 and then try with that one? Thats all I can think of.

I successfully RNGed everything in BW1, and now I'm about to start RNGing in my Black 2 as well... From what I've read, BW2 is different because has a wider range of Timer0... What is it and how can it be corrected/controlled?

I found an error in RNG reporter. it is connected to the fast IV searching thing.
I searched for a flawless IV spread for a pokemon in the entralink by putting the Min/Max Frame range from 25 to 30, so it would use the fast searching.
it found a seed that I already found last week, which had a flawless spread at frame 5, but the time finder told me that there were two flawless spreads, one at frame 27 and one at 29. I controlled and it isn't true. here's a screen.

I run the search again by putting 25 and 31 as the Min/Max Frame range and it found nothing. I'm pretty sure this is an evidence that the problem is in the "IVs fast searching" function.

ah, I almost forgot:

I found an error in the encounter table. in castelia city (location 1, in the table) it says that jigglypuff appears at level 15 and 16 with encounter slots 2 and 6 respectively, but it's wrong. it should be pidove, not jigglypuff.

I know it's not the IV frame, I specifically made sure it was 1. What can I do to hit my seed then, seeing as starting the game at the right time/date without keypresses isn't enough?
The best thing you can do is keep trying until you hit the right timer0. That's just how it is. You have Chatot chatters to confirm your seed, at least, and a 50/50 shot in BW1 as opposed to the average 1/10 chances in BW2.

I'm about to RNG a Modest 31/2/31/31/31/31 Genesect in my Memory Linked Black 2. Time Finder says I have to reach frame 96.

When I plug the seed and check Black White 2? and Memory Link?, input the above IV spread, select Wondercard (5th gen) and hit Generate, it says I need to hit frame 94, not 96. I checked my Black 2 profile and the Memory Link box is checked.

Which one is right? Thanks in advance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)