Ask a Simple Question; Get a Simple Answer & General Resources (OU Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a good teammate for my lucario that i want to base a team off. It runs SD, ES, CC, and BP. I've tried Latias, Tornadus-T, and Landorus-I....what else can I try???
Ideally you want team mates that can KO Jellicent and Gliscor. In addition since you are going to be using Lucario with two priority moves, you are going to be relying in Close Combat to get past defensive Pokemon, so Pokes that resist or are immune to CC should be your primary concern. Choice Band Tyranitar with Aqua Tail would be an ideal team mate. It can remove Jellicent with a very powerful Pursuit/Crunch and lure in Gliscor to get smacked by Aqua Tail. It can weaken stuff early game with Stone Edge so Lucario can sweep with priority. Ttar can also trap the numerous bulky Psychics that would otherwise tank CC. Rotom-W works nicely as we'll since its STAB's both hit Jellicent and Gliscor super effectively.

Note that Genesect is going to cause pair a lot of trouble so make sure you have something to handle it outside of Heatran (compounds fighting weakness). Possibly Sp. def Hippowdon or Rotom-W could work.

Ideally you want team mates that can KO Jellicent and Gliscor. In addition since you are going to be using Lucario with two priority moves, you are going to be relying in Close Combat to get past defensive Pokemon, so Pokes that resist or are immune to CC should be your primary concern. Choice Band Tyranitar with Aqua Tail would be an ideal team mate. It can remove Jellicent with a very powerful Pursuit/Crunch and lure in Gliscor to get smacked by Aqua Tail. It can weaken stuff early game with Stone Edge so Lucario can sweep with priority. Ttar can also trap the numerous bulky Psychics that would otherwise tank CC. Rotom-W works nicely as we'll since its STAB's both hit Jellicent and Gliscor super effectively.

Note that Genesect is going to cause pair a lot of trouble so make sure you have something to handle it outside of Heatran (compounds fighting weakness). Possibly Sp. def Hippowdon or Rotom-W could work.
Thanks bro, this actually sounds pretty legit :)
Expect to be credited when I make an RMT ;)

Does shed shell prevent pursuit from hitting you if you switch out? On showdown my shed shell ninetales was hit by pursuit when i switched.

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
no shed shell does not prevent pursuit; pursuit is not a trapping effect (it discourages switching but it does not in fact trap you)

Hi ppl. Is this moveset worth running on Alakazam in Gen III-I'm no really talking about tiers as such, coz tyranitar and Houndoom are used often-I mean like casual battles like link battling etc. Btw this is my own gimmick set :)
Alakazam@Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp. Def
Bold Nature
Ability: Synchronize
~Barrier
~Calm Mind
~Recover
~Psychic
Like I said, any dark type with Taunt trashes this, but my on brother's Sapphire team, no Pokemon of his resist Psychic. This can take attacks after boosting, and attack with Psychic;I will again stress that this is a surprise/gimmick. Psychic is my primary attack, but if I get his defenses up high and stick around for long, I may need the extra PP of Psybeam, but even with STAB its piddly compared to Psychic. So?
I bet the haters are gonna hate on this set, but my brothers kind of a noob, so it could work...But sets like this practically beg for crits.

Oh, and you know the Encore Gen III Alakazam set? Which move do I want?
~Psychic
~Encore
~Substitute
~Calm Mind/Fire Punch
Again, I mean more casual use...Psychic is given, and Encore (Duh). I realise what awesome use substitute has *cough blocking noob butterfree sleep powder cough*
But the last slot? I like CM boosting, but the extra attack is decent. I can't take both because sub pairs well with encore.

6th slot

I have been playing Pokemon for quite a while and usually stick with WiFi and am working on a new team utilizing some Pokemon that I enjoy quite a bit and have a couple questions of who should go in my 6th slot. I won't go into detail about EV's and Movesets but a general idea would be nice!

Hippodown

Dragonite

Heatran

Tentacruel

Alakazam

Now the hard part, should I use Mamoswine, Conkeldurr, Stoutland or Metagross. Keep in mind I'm trying to check my other poke's weaknesses.

Now the hard part, should I use Mamoswine, Conkeldurr, Stoutland or Metagross. Keep in mind I'm trying to check my other poke's weaknesses.
I would use none of them. It is hard to give a good rate without having specific movesets, but what I can tell you is that your team is going to have a lot of trouble against opposing Life orb Mamiswine and Tornadus-T. Mamoswine can hit 4/5 if your guys super effectively and it can also bypass Alakazam with Ice Sshard if it is weakened. Tornadus-T can outspeed all of your guys and you will have to play real carefully in order not to fall to rain offense in general. A bulky attacker rotom-w with some emphasis in bulk or a Bronzong would really help you out. Rain offense in general is going to be a pain for you.

I don't know what Dragonite set you are running, but I would highly consider running Garchomp over Dragonite so you could drop Tentacruel and find a more suitable Pokemon.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Hippodown
Dragonite
Heatran
Tentacruel
Alakazam
Hey. It's really hard to find what you're weak to when we have no sets to go by, but I will try my best. It seems like a good bulky offense team to me, however Dug + Gene looks like a major ass to deal with, especially if they can get rocks up. Maybe put shed shell on Tran to fix this. Nothing, bar Tran, which hates superpower, can take a hurricane from Torn-T. Also, it outpaces Alakazam, which really sucks. Also, Mamoswine looks like a major ass to deal with too. I would replace Zam with Terrakion (prob scarf) if only to deal with the ever-fast paced metagame. You could add Rotom-W as the last partner, so you can deal with Torn-T / Mamoswine much better. GL
gl

When you make a post I see some people make a box thing and there is a button that lets you see what is in or something. How do you do that?

When you make a post I see some people make a box thing and there is a button that lets you see what is in or something. How do you do that?
Those are hide tags. As in when you write it out you use
followed by a tag with /HIDE in it or when you are in the advanced reply screen, press the button with a minus sign on it

If you quote my post, you can see how I did the reply screen
Contents

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
[noparse]
text goes here
[/noparse]

becomes

text goes here

The title part is optional, in which case you'd just do [noparse]
stuff
[/noparse]

stuff

My current team has a lot of trouble with Volcarona, and I know what specific Pokemon in my team is the weakest link. However, it has priority which I find very useful.

What Pokemon can reliably check, counter, or revenge kill Volcarona and have a priority attack, be it with STAB or not?

~hoblaph

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Terrakion is probably the best you can get. It resists Volcaronas STAB's and can OHKO with Stone Edge. It also has access to Quick Attack, which while it may not be too strong, serves as priority.

Lavos

Banned deucer.
I need a good teammate for my lucario that i want to base a team off. It runs SD, ES, CC, and BP. I've tried Latias, Tornadus-T, and Landorus-I....what else can I try???
Scarf Tyranitar is pretty great as a partner to SD Lucario. It takes out stuff like Gengar and Terrakion (unscarfed) that Luke wouldn't be able to handle without Bullet Punch, letting you run a coverage move instead. It also gets Sand up, forcing opponents to take a little residual damage every turn so you can wear them down bit by bit and weaken then enough to the point where Luke can sweep. Hazards are also appreciated, so maybe slapping something like Deoxys-D on your team would be a good idea as well.

1: If you have a level 100 traded pokemon and less than 8 gym bages, will it listen to you in battles that lowers it level to 50?

2: I remember when I was on here 9 months ago or so, that there was a tutor thing going on, is Smogon still doing that?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
1: If you have a level 100 traded pokemon and less than 8 gym bages, will it listen to you in battles that lowers it level to 50?

2: I remember when I was on here 9 months ago or so, that there was a tutor thing going on, is Smogon still doing that?
1. Yes, Pokémon always obey you in multiplayer/Subway battles.

2. Yes, you can find it here.

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
252 def / 252 sdef bold or calm is good. if you're obsessed about taking psyshocks and uninvested superpowers you can run 252 hp / 252 def bold but you lose a notable amount of special bulk, which really counts in the long run since you got no lefties

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Can someone give me a good ev-spread for chansey?
If you're looking at a Rain Stall team or any stall in general, I'd recommend 64 HP / 252 Def / 192 SDef. Not exactly sure what it does, but it was given to me by a very reliable battler named Oristeros, and I trust that he knows what he's doing.

Please, for the love of god, don't use 252 HP / 252 Def. Noob spread imo.

I've been testing a mixed attacking Samurott with moderate amounts of success, wondering if anyone could help me with the EV Spread?

Samurott@Life Orb
Hydro Pump/Ice Beam/Superpower/Aqua Jet

I have been using Rash with max special attack and then splitting it up between attack and hp, but wondering if you clever people have a better idea (other than to not use samurott :p)

BurningMan

fueled by beer
For a asammurot spread for OU i would simply run 252 Spe/252 Spa/4 Atk with a naive/timid nature and Life Orb.
using max speed with a positive nature allows you to outspeed adamant Breloom and Mamoswine and KO them with Ice Beam or Hydro Pump. I would honestly drop Aqua Jet because even with max atk, LO and rain you can't OHKO Terrakion and only have a very low chance to OHKO Landorus. Instead of Aqua Jet i would use Mega Horn wich allows you to OHKO Celebie.
You actually don't need any Atk investment Blissey will always get 2HKOd by Super Power after SR and even with max atk you stand no chance against ferrothorn factoring in Lefties and potential Leech Seed+Protect shenenigans.
However you really need all the Power you can get with Hydro Pump to get a chance to KO things like OTR Reuniclus or Conkeldurr in the rain or to secure the OHKO on Tornadus-T after SR so max SpA and LO are absolutely necessary.
Investing in bulk is simply not worth it since you will be cutting your health with LO anyways and you are susceptble to all kinds of residual damage so even with Samurotts OK defensive stats and typing playing the role of a tank simply won't work.

Lastly you are of course free to do what you want and if you want to use Sammurott do it, but bear in mind that it is always outclassed in any role if you are using it in OU by either Keldeo (100% superior to mixed Samurott), Gyarados or even Feraligator. Samurotts only trump card is Mega Horn and this didn't saved it from becoming NU, however if you really want to make a successful Samurott team you might want to look at the NU subforums because this is the place where Samurott truly shines.

Need help countering a Tangrowth!

My friend and I duel in B/W regularly. Lately he's been using a Tangrowth with Bind, Toxic, Safeguard, and Leech Seed. Does anyone know a good way to counter this thing?

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My friend and I duel in B/W regularly. Lately he's been using a Tangrowth with Bind, Toxic, Safeguard, and Leech Seed. Does anyone know a good way to counter this thing?
Magic Bounce Xatu literally walks up and down that thing like crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)