Ask a Simple Question; Get a Simple Answer & General Resources (OU Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the elite 4 the fastest way to level a mon in BW2?
Yes. Here's a good tip: Make sure to use an Amulet Coin so as long as you defeat 1 or 2 of the Elite Four you still profit because you win more money than you pay out when your Pokémon faint. Don't use any recovery items because they burn up money fast. This is the easiest way to grind and make money in a lot of Pokémon games from what I've seen. Lucky Eggs and Exp Shares can help if you aren't leveling up fast enough

Is the elite 4 the fastest way to level a mon in BW2?
No, if you get to the White tree hollow in White forest (pokemon white 2 or unlocked with a key via unova link for Black 2), you can fight breeders in there. All of them have two of happiny, chansey and blissey. Depending on the level you'll be in the white tree hollow (not your pokemons, but the challenge level), they might be as high as level 80. That will net you a LOT of exp when they have a blissey and a chansey, especially with a lucky egg attached. (I got around 14000 exp when I was a good amount of levels higher). Conveniently, breeders will also tell you where to find the nurse on their floor. You can keep re-challenging the floors, so you will raise in level really fast (I got several pokémon to level 95 just completing the White tree hollow, only fighting breeders if possible).

Hope that helped

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
When you battle in wi-fi, are your pokemon at the level they are in game?
iirc The mechanics are the same as BW. Pokemon below lvl 50 will keep their level and everything, while pokemon lvl 50+ have their levels and stats toned down to 50 but keep their moves and evolutions.

I noticed a tier called NFE which probably means not fully evolved. Which tier can they be used in?

Also, does sheer force remove the recoil damage of life orb or moves with recoil?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I noticed a tier called NFE which probably means not fully evolved. Which tier can they be used in?

Also, does sheer force remove the recoil damage of life orb or moves with recoil?
NFE isn't actually a tier, it's just a designation for non-fully-evolved Pokémon that aren't good enough to get a NU analysis. You can use them in any tier except Little Cup.

Sheer Force only removes the recoil from Life Orb (and only when the attack is already affected by it), not from attacks.

NFE pokemon can be used in any tier, provided they are not listed on that tier's banlist (Ubers for OU, BL for UU, etc.)

Sheer force removes the recoil from Life Orb, but does not remove any other sort of recoil.

Is it just me or is Hydreigon not common in OU teams? Like Volcarona, it seems like people don't use it often.

I wanted to form a team around it, but I'm not sure which pokemon would benefit him best. Don't want it to be a lost cause, lol.

In Roserade's OU Spiker analysis, the 4th spot is Rest/Stun Spore/Leech Seed. Is there a good reason Sleep Powder isn't mentioned? Also, is there any way for Roserade to beat Tentacruel without Sleep Powder?

Is it just me or is Hydreigon not common in OU teams? Like Volcarona, it seems like people don't use it often.

I wanted to form a team around it, but I'm not sure which pokemon would benefit him best. Don't want it to be a lost cause, lol.
However, like Volcarona, it often has trouble switching in.

Unlike Volcarona, if Hydreigon gets in safely, something is going to take huge damage.

In Roserade's OU Spiker analysis, the 4th spot is Rest/Stun Spore/Leech Seed. Is there a good reason Sleep Powder isn't mentioned? Also, is there any way for Roserade to beat Tentacruel without Sleep Powder?
Spikes+Sleep Powder is an illegal combination on roserade due to breeding issues. Iirc roserade can learn Extrasensory which should be able to hit Tentacruel for good chunk off its high SPA. Wearing it down with Leaf Storm works too.

If you're looking at a Rain Stall team or any stall in general, I'd recommend 64 HP / 252 Def / 192 SDef. Not exactly sure what it does, but it was given to me by a very reliable battler named Oristeros, and I trust that he knows what he's doing.

Please, for the love of god, don't use 252 HP / 252 Def. Noob spread imo.
Can you explain why you think that? This spread is even in the Smogon's web.

alkinesthetase

<@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
i'll defend lavos's remark since i strongly agree with it:
if you're obsessed about taking psyshocks and uninvested superpowers you can run 252 hp / 252 def bold but you lose a notable amount of special bulk, which really counts in the long run since you got no lefties
frankly chansey, even with its usable physical bulk, should not be taking physical hits. rogue "anti-blob" boosted psyshocks and superpowers, okay, but those should be the exception, not the norm. moreover, with no leftovers, chansey has no way to compensate for a high-roll special attack - which it will be switching in on repeatedly. you need to reduce the damage you take from shit like specs hydro pumps in the rain because, although it doesn't look like much, it adds up a LOT faster for chansey than it does for blissey, especially when you factor in hazards and such.

overall you should really be getting a lot more use out of sdef investment than physdef; that's why the EVs belong there. as a mathematical aside, chansey's HP is so high that investing in its hit points is point-for-point inferior to splitting EVs across both defenses.

That spread is weaker specially, and can't take attacks such as specs politoeds hydro pump and landorus's focus blast as well. The hp investment doesn't boost defense that much because you should invest in defenses if the hp is already high.

Spikes+Sleep Powder is an illegal combination on roserade due to breeding issues. Iirc roserade can learn Extrasensory which should be able to hit Tentacruel for good chunk off its high SPA. Wearing it down with Leaf Storm works too.
That sucks about Spikes + Sleep Powder. Unfortunately Extrasensory doesn't deal all that much without investment in SpA, it's only a 3HKO, and that's not factoring in Protect...hmm. Guess I'll have to use something else to get rid of Tenta.

Does anyone know some really solid quiver dance recievers from venomoth in ou? Currently using keldeo with good success but looking for more options.

In my experience and a ton of theorymoning, the best Chansey spread is probably 160 HP / 252 Def / 96 SDef Calm. In particular it takes 2 physical hits that Chansey should be able to take rather well: it is never 2HKOed by specs Latios psyshock (no rocks, but max defense dies if rocks are up to) and it is only 2HKOed by Tornadus's superpower 6.25% of the time after rocks.

Outside of that you should be utilizing Chansey's amazing bulk. In my opinion, if you go for maximum defense, you just end up with a slightly more specially defensive Blissey, that unnecessarily can take physical hits well, and has no leftovers, making it overall a worse Blissey.

Also note that the smogon Chansey analysis is almost 2 years old now and has counter as a set and has stealth rock in OO...

If lets say a Pokemon with 1/100 HP uses pain split on a 499/499 HP poke, how much damage does it do to the 499 HP poke? I think the 499 HP poke will have 250 HP left but I want to confirm it.

I want unlurk and post my opinions. So the question is, will smogon listen to my thoughts even though I don't have a lot of posts? Kind of a weird question, but I'm not sure how the smogon culture works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)