Hitmonlee (New Moveset) [QC: 3/3] [GP: 2/2]

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Hitmonlee

[SET]
name: Reversal Sweeper
move 1: Reversal
move 2: Endure
move 3: Stone Edge
move 4: Earthquake / Mach Punch
item: Liechi Berry
ability: Unburden
nature: Adamant
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>After a boost from Unburden and Liechi Berry, Hitmonlee becomes one of the most fearsome sweepers in RU. With the boost from Liechi Berry, it reaches a staggering 558 Attack, meaning Hitmonlee can hit anything it faces hard. Not only this, but after an Unburden boost, Hitmonlee hits 546 Speed, which is good enough to outspeed everything unboosted in RU and quite a few Pokemon with Choice Scarf as well. Endure pairs well with Unburden and Liechi Berry because it allows Hitmonlee to survive an attack that would normally KO it, gain both boosts, and proceed to sweep. Another great reason to use Hitmonlee is that no relevant Pokemon resists its entire moveset. Between a Reversal at low HP, Earthquake, and Stone Edge, Hitmonlee poses a big threat to every Pokemon in RU. However, Mach Punch can be used over Earthquake to take care of priority users who would otherwise KO Hitmonlee.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Uxie is a good check to this set, as Reversal is resisted and only 2HKOes when at full power even after a Liechi Berry boost. Thus, Hitmonlee can be taken out by any attacking move from Uxie the same turn, ruining an opportunity for a sweep. Priority users also destroy this set. Hitmonlee will ideally be at 1 HP to take full advantage of Reversal, so any priority move will bypass Hitmonlee's great Speed and KO. Bulky Water-types, such as Slowking and Qwilfish, can survive any hit, meaning that they can pose a threat to Hitmonlee. The same is true for Ghost-type Pokemon, such as Spiritomb. It should be noted that a resisted Reversal at 1 HP is more powerful than a neutral Earthquake or Stone Edge, so the latter two moves should normally only be used in cases in which they are super effective.</p>

<p>Spiritomb and Drapion are both great partners for Hitmonlee, as they can take out the Ghost-types that are immune to Hitmonlee's Fighting STAB. Tangrowth is also a good teammate, as it can take hits from the priority moves aimed at Hitmonlee. However, this may be unnecessary if Hitmonlee carries a priority move of its own in Mach Punch.</p>

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
add stone edge as an alternative for hitting flying types such as Sigiliph or Moltres :)

Are you writing the whole analysis or just one set? If it is just the Reversal set, then you don't need the [Overview] part! The full analysis would also require more sections that you can read about here.

I've read the guidelines quite a few times, but I'm not really sure what to include if I only want to share one set.

Hitmonlee most likely needs a revamp, so you're welcome to do the entire analysis if you so please.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
OK QC discussed this, the premise behind the set is intriguing, but the set needs some work

Here's what it should look like:

[SET]

Remove Salac Berry from AC, you should only be using Liechi Berry on this kind of set

Double Kick is laughable, remove that

Spiritomb needs to be mentioned as a teammate to take out the Ghost-types that'll give you trouble

You 2HKO Uxie at +1 with a full powered Reversal btw

Tangrowth is another good partner since if you don't have Mach Punch priority users such as Feraligatr and Kabutops will be able to come in and take you out easily

Do these things and I'll stamp it

Just elaborate in Additional Comments please. Mention other checks and counters such as Mesprit, Cofagrigus, Slowking, Qwilfish, priority moves, and the like. Don't mention Bulk Up (it's not on the set either :p).

Once you make those changes:

[qc]1/3[/qc]

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
ive seen this set a few times and its very effective, excellent lategame sweeper.

QC approved 3/3

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
phoopes your format is wrong, "teammates and counters" is not a section, it is the second paragraph of AC. I also feel that the teammates section is lacking. Counters don't need an AC mention unless you are suggesting teammates to get around them. Cofagrigus is UU, btw.

EDIT: also "move 4: Earthquake/Mach Punch" should be "move 4: Earthquake / Mach Punch"

Yeah pokemon0078 is right. You also need to make a brand new thread for this! Check the Analysis Formatting Guide before you post your thread. Note that you do not need the [Overview], [Other Options], or [Checks and Counters] sections since this is only one set.

phoopes

I did it again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
phoopes your format is wrong, "teammates and counters" is not a section, it is the second paragraph of AC. I also feel that the teammates section is lacking. Counters don't need an AC mention unless you are suggesting teammates to get around them. Cofagrigus is UU, btw.

EDIT: also "move 4: Earthquake/Mach Punch" should be "move 4: Earthquake / Mach Punch"
Ah, okay. I went based off the stuff that was given to me, and there was a heading with bullet points under it called "Teammates and Partners." So I guess I'll merge that paragraph in the AC section, then. Also, I forgot that Cofagrigus was moved up to RU. Again, I just went by what was written up originally, and Cofagrigus was listed as a check/counter since it was still RU at the time.

Yeah pokemon0078 is right. You also need to make a brand new thread for this! Check the Analysis Formatting Guide before you post your thread. Note that you do not need the [Overview], [Other Options], or [Checks and Counters] sections since this is only one set.
Do I need a new thread? Last time I did an analysis, I posted a new thread and it got merged into the existing one. Looks like that was what happened here too, since I'm now the OP.

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>After a boosts from both Unburden and Liechi Berry, Hitmonlee can become one of the most fearsome sweepers in RU. With the boost from Liechi Berry, it reaches a staggering 558 Attack, meaning Hitmonlee can hit anything it faces hard. Not only this, but after an Unburden boost, Hitmonlee hits 546 Speed. This, which is good enough to outspeed everything in RU, and quite a few Pokemon with Choice Scarf as well. The way this is done is by using Endure. This movEndure pairs well with Unburden and Liechi Berry because Hitmonlee can survive an attack that would normally KO it, gain both boosts, and proceed to sweep. Another great reason to use Hitmonlee is that no Pokemon resists its entire moveset. Between a Reversal at low HP, Earthquake, and Stone Edge, Hitmonlee poses a big threat to every Pokemon in RU. However, Mach Punch may be used over Stone Edge to take care of priority users whom would otherwise KO Hitmonlee.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Uxie is a good check to this set, as Reversal is resisted and only 2HKOes when at full power from Hitmonlee after a Liechi Berry boost from. Thus, Hitmonlee can be taken out by any attacking move from Uxie the same turn, ruining an opportunity for a sweep. Priority users also destroy this set. Hitmonlee would ideally be at 1 HP to take full advantage of Reversal, so any priority move would bypass Hitmonlee's great sSpeed and KO. Bulky wWaters-types, such as Slowking and Qwilfish, can survive any hit, meaning that they can pose a threat to Hitmonlee. The same is true for Ghost-type Pokemon, such as Cofagrigus. It should be noted that a resisted Reversal at 1 HP is more powerful than a neutral Earthquake or Stone Edge, so the latter two moves should normally only be used in cases in which they are super effective.</p>

<p>Spiritomb and Drapion are both great partners for Hitmonlee, sinceas they can take out the Ghost -types that are immune to Hitmonlee's Fighting STAB. Tangrowth is also another good teammate for Hitmonlee since, as it can take hits from priority moves that could be aimed at taking out Hitmonleeit out. However, this may be unnecessary if Hitmonlee carries a priority move of its own in Mach Punch.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>After a boost from Unburden and Liechi Berry, Hitmonlee can become one of the most fearsome sweepers in RU. With the boost from Liechi Berry, it reaches a staggering 558 Attack, meaning Hitmonlee can hit anything it faces hard. Not only this, but after an Unburden boost, Hitmonlee hits 546 Speed, which is good enough to outspeed everything in RU and quite a few Pokemon with Choice Scarf as well. Endure pairs well with Unburden and Liechi Berry because Hitmonlee can survive an attack that would normally KO it, gain both boosts, and proceed to sweep. Another great reason to use Hitmonlee is that no Pokemon resists its entire moveset. Between a Reversal at low HP, Earthquake, and Stone Edge, Hitmonlee poses a big threat to every Pokemon in RU. However, Mach Punch may be used over Stone Edge to take care of priority users who would otherwise KO Hitmonlee.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Uxie is a good check to this set, as Reversal is resisted and only 2HKOes when at full power from Hitmonlee after a Liechi Berry boost. Thus, Hitmonlee can be taken out by any attacking move from Uxie the same turn, ruining an opportunity for a sweep. Priority users also destroy this set. Hitmonlee would ideally be at 1 HP to take full advantage of Reversal, so any priority move would bypass Hitmonlee's great Speed and KO. Bulky Water-types, such as Slowking and Qwilfish, can survive any hit, meaning that they can pose a threat to Hitmonlee. The same is true for Ghost-type Pokemon, such as Cofagrigus. It should be noted that a resisted Reversal at 1 HP is more powerful than a neutral Earthquake or Stone Edge, so the latter two moves should normally only be used in cases in which they are super effective.</p>

<p>Spiritomb and Drapion are both great partners for Hitmonlee, as they can take out the Ghost-types that are immune to Hitmonlee's Fighting STAB. Tangrowth is also another good teammate for Hitmonlee, as it can take hits from priority moves that could be aimed at taking it out. However, this may be unnecessary if Hitmonlee carries a priority move of its own in Mach Punch.</p>

[gp]1/2[/gp]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)