Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (CAP V. 3.0 READ THE OP!)

Hello, this may sound very nooby but where do you create the pokemon and sprites? I am on a mac and wondering what is the program.

Hello, this may sound very nooby but where do you create the pokemon and sprites? I am on a mac and wondering what is the program.
The Pokemon itself is just a bunch of numbers and moves; the sprite is just an image. As for using them, again, they're just data; it's no harder to put them on a simulator than any other Pokemon. The current simulator we use is Pokemon Showdown: pokemonshowdown.com; I have no idea if it will work on a Mac.

No sorry but I mean where do you create the sprite, what is the program. I mean the picture not the stats or whatever. Which program do u use to create the image

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
It depends on the spriter; I can't speak for everyone, but I stick with Windows XP's MS Paint to do the actual pixel work and use Photoshop to make the background transparent and tweak colors.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
First, try to edit your existing posts rather than double-posting.

To answer your question, if you look in the main CAP forum you will see that CAP 4 (Aurumoth) is currently accepting entries for Sprite Submissions, which anyone is welcome to enter. So, you can make sprites for that if you want.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
is an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Can I try my hand at making my own Pokemon? I don't expect it to be officially recognized by you guys, but can I still try it?
Yes, theoretically you could quite easily design your own Pokemon on a scrap of lined paper or the back of an envelope or some such thing. You are also more than free to use our applets and guides for help with movepools, stat spreads, art or whatever-else-have-you. You could even post your art in Smeargle's Studio. But you aren't allowed to post it here, discuss it here, or even mention it here.

Sorry.

Yes, theoretically you could quite easily design your own Pokemon on a scrap of lined paper or the back of an envelope or some such thing. You are also more than free to use our applets and guides for help with movepools, stat spreads, art or whatever-else-have-you. You could even post your art in Smeargle's Studio. But you aren't allowed to post it here, discuss it here, or even mention it here.

Sorry.

Well if that's the case, that's alright.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
Where is Aurumoth's movepool?
It's in the Process Archive subforum, with all the other old CAP 4 process threads, since they don't really serve any purpose any longer.

You can view the movepool here, and I'll also be adding the movepool to every process OP for the remainder of the process.

EDIT: Oh and I also added it to the Pre-Playtesting Workshop thread OP just now, so you can view it there as well.

Does the TL decide how much EVs are given when the CAP is defeated? I noticed that wasn't with any of the other miscellaneous flavor information that was provided.

bugmaniacbob

Was fun while it lasted
Does the TL decide how much EVs are given when the CAP is defeated? I noticed that wasn't with any of the other miscellaneous flavor information that was provided.
We generally ignore that. It's not really something that has any bearing on, well... anything.

EDIT: Ok I admit none of the stuff we are doing at the moment has any bearing on anything either, but that little piece of information is so low down on the list that nobody really cares about it anyway.

Are my friends and I allowed to incorporate the CAP Pokemon into a game we wish to create/play? And if so, should we credit the Smogon Community for creating those Pokemon?

~hoblaph

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
You can use CAP pokemon for your game, if you wish. But you must observe the following stipulations:
  • Your game cannot be affiliated with another established online pokemon community
  • Credit the "Create-A-Pokemon Project", and provide links to our website, located here: http://www.smogon.com/cap/
  • Your representation of our characters must be consistent with the names, design elements, and overall themes of the characters as defined on the CAP website and CAP forum
Many people have created artworks, ROM hacks, video fighting games, and other interesting offshoot projects using our characters. If you get something interesting together, please let me know and perhaps we can cross-link from here to your project. Good luck!

I've noticed that the only Pokemon Showdown server up with regards to CAP is the Aurumoth Testing Server. Are there any "standard" servers for CAP? Is it simply impossible to play when no testing is going on?

I can't imagine so but I certainly can't find the option...

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I've noticed that the only Pokemon Showdown server up with regards to CAP is the Aurumoth Testing Server. Are there any "standard" servers for CAP? Is it simply impossible to play when no testing is going on?

I can't imagine so but I certainly can't find the option...
there is an all-cap meta where all fifteen caps are allowed but it's taken down when a playtest is going on so people will focus on the new shiny thing

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
You could set up a custom game if you know of anyone else who wants to play a match with all of the CAPs available.

I was wondering, would me and a couple of other people be aloud to use the Cap Mons in a fangame we are doing? thanks
We are doing it! if you dont get why i said that, earlier we had changed our minds

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I'll direct you a couple posts up to where i assume one of your collaborators asked the same question (if he's not, it still applies!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)