Dexter Thread *Possible Spoilers*

Anyone on Smogon watch Dexter and have been keeping up with the current season? If so I would love to discuss it. For those who haven't caught up I wouldn't suggest posting in here.

So what do you guys think of Season 7 thus far?

It really has been. Especially since I felt near the end of Season 6 it was getting weak. Glad things have spiced back up this may be the next best season since Season 4 in my opinion. What is your favorite part of it so far?

jabba watches dexter

this season has been fantastic
The first two or three eps felt really shaky, but the most recent episodes was really stellar in my opinion. Seeing Dexter sort of regressing to that twisted, cold killer when he's killing Mr. Minotaur ("now that would be a twist" is possibly my favorite line of the series) as opposed the "sociopath-but-only-sorta" thing he's been doing for the past 2 or 3 seasons.

I have high hopes for this season, especially since they didn't drag the "Deb is suspicious of Dexter" plotline out for more than one episode. The show definitely seems to have regained its footing.

Yeah when the end of Season 6 was pretty much Deb catching Dex finally I freaked and couldn't wait to see what they would do with that. I am enjoying the new level of interaction between Deb and Dex though the confusion with the all of the SHIT my brother kills bad people but killing is bad but some killers walk away and he stops that sorta thing.

I was a bit surprised at the end of the last episode where she said she felt good. I was half expecting it but to hear her say it felt completely different

I didn't really like the past couple of seasons but agreed that this season has been good so far. Kinda stopped watching since I think The Walking Dead is on at the same time :x

Dissapointing things: getting rid of Lewis because to be honest I would've been more interested in their game of cat and mouse than with the mafia.

Things I expect to happen: even MORE people find out about Dexter's self. What becomes of him and Hannah? Possibly something like Lumen again?

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
oh my fucking god i am all about this fucking show.

hannah is not hot, she is average at best. hair is bad. i really don't hope something happens that way, but if so then it's apparent that dexter has a thing for mediocre blondes. sigh.

i absolutely adore this season. each episode has me so angry that i have to wait another week for the next, and i'm thrilled how they're developing dexter and deb now that deb knows dexter is a serial killer. seeing dexter try and control his urges to please his sister touches my heart, but i also cave whenever he's recoiled back into his killer instinct.i want to jump his bones.

i also want him to jump deb's bones, but i doubt that will ever happen

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
uh fishy did you just call yvonne strahovski average? get out. now.

this season is really a return to form though. i mean i don't know how much of the last 2 seasons is to blame on the writers. not knowing how many seasons your show is going to be means you have to kind of putter around doing filler seasons that don't make any significant progress towards an end game. it's why i really think serialized dramas like this should probably have a six season cap with a full endgame plan already mapped out.

uh fishy did you just call yvonne strahovski average? get out. now.

this season is really a return to form though. i mean i don't know how much of the last 2 seasons is to blame on the writers. not knowing how many seasons your show is going to be means you have to kind of putter around doing filler seasons that don't make any significant progress towards an end game. it's why i really think serialized dramas like this should probably have a six season cap with a full endgame plan already mapped out.
This is very true. But I like it when a show seems to be floundering but can get back on its feet like this. I mean sad that it took 2 seasons but still glad to see it breathing again. I believe there is only 1 more season after this they announced then they are ending Dexter. So I'm really interested to see how this all pans out.

@Fishy: I believe my favorite part is the interaction between Dex and Deb this season because she knows more about him.

@moi: I dunno this whole Issac ordeal seems to really be picking things up it is really the first time Dexter has had someone on his tail with him knowing. He has only ever dealt with 1 other serial killer who tracked him and that was Trinity. Issac is so much more dangerous and it really has me giddy.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fishy does think Hannah's hot, she just sick of her getting all the attention. Even her boyfriend spends hours in the bathroom, softly moaning, "Hannah."

Regardless this latest episode kind of bored the hell out of me and I don't know why??

I used to love Dexter to death, but I kind of dropped off after Season 5 or something, kind of like what happens with me and almost all "drama" shows like this (Heroes, Lost, etc...I lost interest every time).

Sounds like everyone loves this season though. Perhaps I should get back into it?

I used to love Dexter to death, but I kind of dropped off after Season 5 or something, kind of like what happens with me and almost all "drama" shows like this (Heroes, Lost, etc...I lost interest every time).

Sounds like everyone loves this season though. Perhaps I should get back into it?
yeah dude this season is tons better than 5 or 6

@Byrne: Dude I know what you mean but I pushed through 5 and 6 and 6 is the platform for 7. It really sets everything up and I found it a bit more entertaining then I did 5 personally. But it all ties together so hop back on the awesome wagon.

On another note This past episode. What did you guys think?

...I actually quite enjoyed Season 6.
Am I the only one?

This one is better though.
I enjoyed 6 don't get me wrong though some parts of it I thought were weak or could have been done a different way. Overall I enjoyed it and really liked what it brought to the table in terms of setting up up for the 7th Season.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
yeah this season has honestly been the best since season two. i was really skeptical about it at first but its turning out to be really fucking good.

This whole season I haven't been quite sure if it's tense because of Dexter's sexual frustration or because I feel this is so awkward for Deter.

I enjoyed 6 don't get me wrong though some parts of it I thought were weak or could have been done a different way. Overall I enjoyed it and really liked what it brought to the table in terms of setting up up for the 7th Season.
The thing that ruined Season 6 for me:

Captured Woman - "There were two voices."

*Dexter discovers Gellar is / has been dead*

*Travis's encounter with "Gellar" in the next episode*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)