Creative Rain! (Peaked #15 on PS and #27 on PO)

A B/W 2 RMT by Jr Breshears / Credit for banner goes to Prohawk

Introduction
Hello this is Jr Breshears with my first real rmt! This team has been my most successful one ever which helped me reach #15 on PS before the reset and #27 on PO with 1572. Unfornately I have no prove as I don't know how to take pictures, this is also my brothers computer so I can't save stuff. Anyways this has been my most favorite team to use, beating some of the top players to the ground. My team features a underrated set which is scarfed Jellicent which I have only seen on Mike's rmt and ever since then I just loved the set and decided about a month or two ago I was gonna build a team with one. I have been building it for awhile which I said about a month ago and have been testing new pokes and different sets and now I think it's about time to share it with smogon. It's a pretty unique rain team that catches a lot of people of guard, and it does not feature Thundurus-T, Keldeo, or Genesect. Anyways now on to the team!

Prove

Team At A Glance

Changes will be in Bold

Team In Detail

McDanger (Politoed) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SAtk / 244 Spd
IVs: 0 Atk
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Perish Song
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
First we have the most important pokemon on the team, Politoed. He's the one who summons the rain and he helps quite a bit during my matches. Some people think Politeod isn't very good but imo it is actually quite good. Being able to pull off some sweeps againest teams that aren't prepared. I lead off with Politoed againest all the HO teams that have been wondering around. Hydro Pump being able to 2 hit KO most or all Deoxys-D so that they are only able to get SR up, considering that both hit. Perish Song helps againest pokemon that are trying to set up so it forces them to switch in three turns and also screws up baton pass teams. Hydro Pump is good STAB which most of the time i'll be spamming. Hidden Power Electric helps me deal with Gyarados who other wise could sweep me. And Ice Beam helps againest dragons and grass types. Politoed is also able to outspeed +1 Dragonite which is useful, but sometimes I wish it just had 2 more speed points to outspeed Jolteon :[. EV's let me still outspeed +1 Dragonite while having just a little bit more bulk. IV's for min. confusion damage while still maintaing a HP Electric 70 base power.

Prohawk (Tornadus-T) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Focus Blast
- Hurricane
- Sleep Talk
- U-turn
Next off we have one of my favorites Tornadus-T. I use to run a LO set but it just wasn't working for me, so then I switched over to the Specs set and never looked back once. It's raw power makes this thing very fun to use almost reaching 500 Sp.A, being able to KO a ton of things but Jirachi, Heatran, and Bronzong. This is also my answer to Breloom who takes Bullet Seed's and Mach Punches fairly easily. Sleep Talk lets me have something to sack to put to sleep againest Amoonguss and Breloom. And then I use Sleep Talk and hopefully I get Hurricane and kills them which most people don't expect. I use to have Heat Wave over Sleep talk to beat Genesect since they can't KO me at full health and I also use to have HP Grass over Sleep talk for Rotom-W and Gastrodon, but neither of them were better than Sleep Talk. Focus Blast hits mainly Ttar and Heatran, if I have Tornadus-T in on something and they have a Ttar then most of the time I use FB to try and predict the switch to KO Ttar unless they have Chople Berry which wins me the weather war. Hurricane is a good STAB move that hits 100% of the time in rain and being able to demolish teams. U-turn lets me scout and go to the correct counter. EV's are standard max speed and power. Timid Nature to outspeed a ton of threats.

Gigaboost (Breloom) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Low Sweep
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
Now we have Breloom which is my main answer to Blissey, Chansey, and Gastrodon. Breloom is a very important pokemon in all of my matches mainly because it is able to beat a lot of the common pokemon in today's meta. I use to run Jolly and max speed over Adamant and the current EV's but then Doom sugessted this and so far I haven't had any issues. The speed wasn't needed since Breloom is fairly slow and it has priority anyways. Spore lets me put something to sleep so that they are basically one pokemon short and lets me have the upper hand during my matches. Mach Punch is for priority and my fighting move to deal with Blissey and Chansey. Mach Punch also hits other stuff like Heatran, Magnezone, Ttar, etc. Bullet Seed is for waters and Gastrodon which walls a few of my pokes, and Bullet Seed and Mach Punch gets a boost from Technician. Swords Dance helps me beat stall teams so that I can power my way through there teams. It also lets me get occasional sweeps. Fight Gem is to boost my fighting move for one turn. I might change Fighting Gem to LO and SD to low sweep. EV's let me outspeed positive base 110s after a Low Sweep and it lets me hit hard also giving me 24 EV's worth of bulk.. Adamant Nature so I can hit harder and Adamant Nature still lets me outspeed Latios and a Low Sweep.

MagicMonkey (Mamoswine) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Endeavor
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
Mamoswine is my stealth rocker and does a fantastic job at it. Focus Sash lets me get up SR majority of the time unless they have hazards up already. Donphan use to be in this spot and he also spinned but he was more deadweight since it didn't do hardly anything in my matches. Thick Fat takes ice and fire moves with ease if I need it to. Endeavor puts the opponents pokemon at 1 HP if I get knocked down to the sash and then ice shard to kill them. Mamoswine is a good counter to most sand teams alongside Breloom. Earthquake hits ton of things but I mostly use it to hit Jirachi who can be pretty annoying. Stealth Rocks is my only hazards on the team but is mainly all I need. Ice Shard is another priority move for finishing off weakened foes and dragons. EV's are standard. Adamant Nature to reach a huge attack and no other nature is necessary.

Jr Breshears (Jellicent) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SAtk / 228 Spd
IVs: 0 Atk
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
The MVP of my team. Scarf Jellicent is so unexpected it reaches a speed of 360 which outspeeds a fair amount of pokemon. Water Spout gets me so many surprise KO's its funny. KOing things like Gengar, Lucario, Magnezone, Conkeldurr, and Thundurus-T if its not scarfed, who thought they would outspeed and attack me. It even does around 50% to Latios, Rotom-W iirc and it 2 hit KO's most Jirachi. Sometimes this Jellicent even pulls off a 3-4 pokemon sweep which is funny and really fun to spam Water Spouts all over the place. Jellicent helps me wall Keldeo and other pokes too. Water Spout is my main attacking move and in rain it does a ton to a lot of pokemon. Hydro Pump is for when my HP gets low and I don't want to use Water Spout. Ice Beam hits dragons. Lastly Shadow Ball hits Starmie since other ghost pokemon I use Water Spout. EV's let me hit hard and get a speed of 351 which allows me to outspeed Gengar, Latios, Latias, etc. and having a little more bulk too. Timid Nature so that it can reach 351. IV's for min confusion damage.

Clueless (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Wish
- Protect
- Thunder
- Iron Head
Jirachi is my last pokemon on the team. He is the one who deals with all the dragon moves aimed at the team and is able to wish off the damage and keep other teammates healthy. To beat the dragons I switch into I use Thunder that also has 100% acc in rain and then flinch them to death. Which doesn't really need explained. Protect lets me scout teams and get the wish off safely. Wish like I said keeps Jirachi and his teammates healthy being able to pass off 202 HP. Thunder to para things and it also hits waters which is always welcomed. Iron Head is to flinch things to death and also lets me have a way to hit Thundurus-T and Jolteon. EV's for max bulk. Sassy Nature for bulk too.

Last Glance At The Team

Conclusion
Well that's about it! Overall I think this has been my most solid and most fun team to use in all of my playing pokemon and it has also got me my highest peaks I have ever had. The nicknames are clan members if any of you are wondering. Also so far I haven't really had any problems with any pokemon, but anyways hope you all enjoyed and help me make it better. If you like the team feel free to try it out for yourself or leave a luvdisc.

Impotable
McDanger (Politoed) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SAtk / 244 Spd
- Perish Song
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Prohawk (Tornadus-T) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Focus Blast
- Hurricane
- Sleep Talk
- U-turn

Gigaboost (Breloom) (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spd
- Spore
- Low Sweep
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

MagicMonkey (Mamoswine) (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Endeavor
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard

Jr Breshears (Jellicent) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SAtk / 228 Spd
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball

Clueless (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Wish
- Protect
- Thunder
- Iron Head

Hey bud! I really like the team and all it's done for you. You wanted me to rate it so here goes my bad attempt at this.

On Politoed, I like to run 244 Speed EVs since the other 8 don't let you outspeed anything vital and stick them in HP for a teensy bit of bulk but still being able to outpace +1 Dragonite. Oh and as always, make sure that you run 0 Atk IVs so that you will take minimal damage from Confusion and Foul Play.

On Tornadus, I've used a set such as that but only ran 3 attacks. I know that sounds crazy but just think if you only use Sleep Talk, Hurricane and U-Turn you're going to get something to hit Breloom and Amoonguss with when using Sleep Talk so you don't end up using Focus Blast when you need a Super Effective move. And besides you have other stuff to take on Tyranitar.

Moving on to Breloom now. Here's a set that my bud Dice/Princess Bri gave me. It allows you to tank a hit from Terrakion(non LO or CB) and Swords Dance Up allowing you to potentially sweep late game.

Breloom (F) @ Fight Gem
EVs: 68 HP / 224 Atk / 216 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore

The rest of the team looks really good! Again, I love it all. Nice job JR. Luvdisc <3

hi there, got your request.

this is a very cool team with an interesting use of scarf jellicent, something that i haven't really seen before. but yeah, this team is very solid with few weaknesses, but i think that those can be worked around. i'm kind of interested as to how you play against sun teams, especially those with genesect / dugtrio meaning jirachi has to be very cautious when switching in. that paves the way for venusaur or any other chlorophyll sweeper to come in and start hitting stuff hard, while tornadus can only rely on a 50% accurate hurricane in sun and politoed simply does not do enough to break through venusaur. i think a small change to help with this would be to try out either body slam or u-turn over protect on jirachi. either of them would work to help beat duggy sun, as body slam hits dugtrio as it switches in and if you paralyze it, it cannot successfully trap jirachi. it also gives you a reliable attacking option alongside iron head, which is commonly resisted by a lot of things while also being able to fish for a paralyze when rain isnt up and you can't rely on thunder to do so. u-turn beats dugtrio switch ins, and also helps when running a -spe nature jirachi as your u-turn will go slower than most giving you momentum.

another small change you could make is to change your jellicent's spread slightly. with timid and a scarf, you reach 360 speed, which means you cannot outspeed starmie as you try to spinblock or tornadus t to revenge it. i think you should change your spread to 36 hp / 252 satk / 220 spe, as with this spread you really only outspeed everything relevant, mainly everything up to base 110 speed including gengar and lati@s. between 360 and 351, there's nothing you'd need to beat specifically so this just makes your set a little more efficient. the extra bulk is appreciated, especially when switching into stray ice beams and such, on top of hazard damage which you have no way of preventing.

overall this is a very solid rain team with little problems. i think stuff like sdef rotom and sub cm keldeo looks a little annoying, but making changes to help with that opens up more weaknesses. these can be played around though, so i don't think there's really anything else to add, cool team.

good luck!

Hey bud! I really like the team and all it's done for you. You wanted me to rate it so here goes my bad attempt at this.

On Politoed, I like to run 244 Speed EVs since the other 8 don't let you outspeed anything vital and stick them in HP for a teensy bit of bulk but still being able to outpace +1 Dragonite. Oh and as always, make sure that you run 0 Atk IVs so that you will take minimal damage from Confusion and Foul Play.

On Tornadus, I've used a set such as that but only ran 3 attacks. I know that sounds crazy but just think if you only use Sleep Talk, Hurricane and U-Turn you're going to get something to hit Breloom and Amoonguss with when using Sleep Talk so you don't end up using Focus Blast when you need a Super Effective move. And besides you have other stuff to take on Tyranitar.

Moving on to Breloom now. Here's a set that my bud Dice/Princess Bri gave me. It allows you to tank a hit from Terrakion(non LO or CB) and Swords Dance Up allowing you to potentially sweep late game.

Breloom (F) @ Fight Gem
EVs: 68 HP / 224 Atk / 216 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Spore

The rest of the team looks really good! Again, I love it all. Nice job JR. Luvdisc <3
Thanks Kody :D Ill try the 8 ev's in HP since like you said they aren't doing anything in speed really. And yes Politoed and Jellicent have 0 Atk ev's for min confusion damage. Ill also test that Breloom set, once again thanks for the rate and luvdisc ^.^

hi there, got your request.

this is a very cool team with an interesting use of scarf jellicent, something that i haven't really seen before. but yeah, this team is very solid with few weaknesses, but i think that those can be worked around. i'm kind of interested as to how you play against sun teams, especially those with genesect / dugtrio meaning jirachi has to be very cautious when switching in. that paves the way for venusaur or any other chlorophyll sweeper to come in and start hitting stuff hard, while tornadus can only rely on a 50% accurate hurricane in sun and politoed simply does not do enough to break through venusaur. i think a small change to help with this would be to try out either body slam or u-turn over protect on jirachi. either of them would work to help beat duggy sun, as body slam hits dugtrio as it switches in and if you paralyze it, it cannot successfully trap jirachi. it also gives you a reliable attacking option alongside iron head, which is commonly resisted by a lot of things while also being able to fish for a paralyze when rain isnt up and you can't rely on thunder to do so. u-turn beats dugtrio switch ins, and also helps when running a -spe nature jirachi as your u-turn will go slower than most giving you momentum.

another small change you could make is to change your jellicent's spread slightly. with timid and a scarf, you reach 360 speed, which means you cannot outspeed starmie as you try to spinblock or tornadus t to revenge it. i think you should change your spread to 36 hp / 252 satk / 220 spe, as with this spread you really only outspeed everything relevant, mainly everything up to base 110 speed including gengar and lati@s. between 360 and 351, there's nothing you'd need to beat specifically so this just makes your set a little more efficient. the extra bulk is appreciated, especially when switching into stray ice beams and such, on top of hazard damage which you have no way of preventing.

overall this is a very solid rain team with little problems. i think stuff like sdef rotom and sub cm keldeo looks a little annoying, but making changes to help with that opens up more weaknesses. these can be played around though, so i don't think there's really anything else to add, cool team.

good luck!
Yeah Jimbon thanks for coming! Tbh I really haven't faced genesect / duggy sun teams, so I really don't know what to do. I guess I do what comes to mind or try to find a plan at the beginning of the match. That Jellicent spread seems like a change since as you said I don't outspeed Starmie and 351 speed still lets me outspeed gengar and latios. Ill also test probably u-turn but protect lets me get off my wishes which is really helpful. Thanks for the rate! :D

Hey Jr, looks like a really solid team. Nice to see an RMT without Genesect around, and that Scarf Jellicent set is absolutely brilliant!

So, on to the rate. I've never really found Swords Dance on Breloom to be that great, to be honest. You only get to set up late game, and with 3 Choice users, SD seems like it would kill your momentum. Like you suggested, I would recommend putting Low Sweep over Swords Dance, which gives you a more powerful Fighting move while allowing you to stay in and destroy Starmie and Keldeo. I think you need more Spe EVs to outspeed Starmie even after the reduction, however. You may want to switch to Life Orb if you opt for Low Sweep as well.

I might also put Body Slam over Thunder on Jirachi. Although this does leave you more open to bulky waters, it's not like Jirachi is going to 2HKO Jellicent or Vaporeon anytime soon. This allows you to run a Calm Nature (+SpDef, -Att), and you'll never know when the extra speed will come in handy. This also gives you the ability to paralyze ground types, which is nice, because the less Earth Powers that Landorus is firing off at you, the better.

These are all minor suggestions, congrats on Top 20, and once again awesome Jellicent set! Luvdisc'd

Hey Jr, looks like a really solid team. Nice to see an RMT without Genesect around, and that Scarf Jellicent set is absolutely brilliant!

So, on to the rate. I've never really found Swords Dance on Breloom to be that great, to be honest. You only get to set up late game, and with 3 Choice users, SD seems like it would kill your momentum. Like you suggested, I would recommend putting Low Sweep over Swords Dance, which gives you a more powerful Fighting move while allowing you to stay in and destroy Starmie and Keldeo. I think you need more Spe EVs to outspeed Starmie even after the reduction, however. You may want to switch to Life Orb if you opt for Low Sweep as well.

I might also put Body Slam over Thunder on Jirachi. Although this does leave you more open to bulky waters, it's not like Jirachi is going to 2HKO Jellicent or Vaporeon anytime soon. This allows you to run a Calm Nature (+SpDef, -Att), and you'll never know when the extra speed will come in handy. This also gives you the ability to paralyze ground types, which is nice, because the less Earth Powers that Landorus is firing off at you, the better.

These are all minor suggestions, congrats on Top 20, and once again awesome Jellicent set! Luvdisc'd
Hey Superstar thanks for the rate! And yeah i've thinking about low sweep since Jirachi suggested it to me, but how much more speed will be needed after a low sweep on Starmie to outspeed it? Also if I put body slam > thunder why would I run calm if it decreases my attack, but I need thunder since it hits more things than b slam and it 3 hit KOs Jellicent I think. But I will test it over protect like Jimbon also suggested. Btw credit for the Jellicent set goes to Mike he is the one I got it from :D Thanks for the rate Superstar!

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey. Great team you've got there. Specs Tornadus-T is personally my favorite Tornadus set to use, and I'm glad that you're using it. Now, onto the substance of my rate. Specially Defensive Rotom sucks for you to face down, since it can tank any of Jellicent's hits and neuter Breloom, your only counter to it, with Will-O-Wisp. To fix that problem, I'd recommend revering back to using max Speed on Breloom. This allows you to outspeed the common variants (that usually run 0 Speed EVs) and OHKO with Bullet Seed, clearing the path for Jellicent to demolish the opponent's team. Also, if you do want to use Low Sweep on Breloom to incapacitate Starmie and Keldeo, you only outpace Starmie if you use a Jolly nature. A summarized list of changes can be seen below.

Nitpicks:

252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def ----> 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Swords Dance ----> Low Sweep

I couldn't find much else to suggest, since this team is incredibly solid. I'd recommend a Spinner over Jirachi or Tornadus-T, but they both play important roles for your team, so no bueno there. Anyways, this team has earned a Luvdisc from me. Good luck with it!

Hey. Great team you've got there. Specs Tornadus-T is personally my favorite Tornadus set to use, and I'm glad that you're using it. Now, onto the substance of my rate. Specially Defensive Rotom sucks for you to face down, since it can tank any of Jellicent's hits and neuter Breloom, your only counter to it, with Will-O-Wisp. To fix that problem, I'd recommend revering back to using max Speed on Breloom. This allows you to outspeed the common variants (that usually run 0 Speed EVs) and OHKO with Bullet Seed, clearing the path for Jellicent to demolish the opponent's team. Also, if you do want to use Low Sweep on Breloom to incapacitate Starmie and Keldeo, you only outpace Starmie if you use a Jolly nature. A summarized list of changes can be seen below.

Nitpicks:

252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def ----> 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Swords Dance ----> Low Sweep

I couldn't find much else to suggest, since this team is incredibly solid. I'd recommend a Spinner over Jirachi or Tornadus-T, but they both play important roles for your team, so no bueno there. Anyways, this team has earned a Luvdisc from me. Good luck with it!
Thanks for the luvdisc! Sometimes I do miss outspeeding Rotom-W but other times I really like the extra power and bulk adamant and the HP evs give me but I can retest it! Thanks again, btw is there a certain amount of luvdiscs you have to have for it to actually show up? Just curious :P

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey Jr Breshears, nice team!

First of all, your team is incredibly weak to Gyrados. Both the Offensive DD and SubDD variants can come in on pretty much anything, other than Tornadus-T and Jirachi (and Breloom if sleep clause hasn't already been activated), get up a Dragon Dance, and from there the Offensive Variant DD variant can outspeed and OHKO your entire team (bar Politoed) after Stealth Rock damage. The SubDD variant needs a bit more prior damage on a few of your pokemon, but then Gyrados can outspeed and OHKO your entire team at +1 (except for Jirachi, because the SubDD variant dosen't have Earthquake), but Jirachi isn't a dead stop to Gyrados, because one Waterfall flinch is all it would take to beat Jirachi, you'd also need to keep Jirachi very healthy for the entire match to have a chance at beating Gyrados, and Gyrados is often paired with Magnezone (a Specs variant with Thunder would absolutely destroy Jirachi.) To help remedy this situation, I suggest running Hidden Power [Electric] over Surf on Politoed. Hidden Power [Electric] allows Politoed to easily OHKO Gyrados and end its sweep. It's worth noting that this change means that Thunder's importance has decreased, so Jimbon's suggestion of Body Slam over Thunder on Jirachi is an even better option than it was before.

If you decide to go for Low Sweep over Swords Dance on Breloom, a spread of: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe allows you to outspeed positive natured base 110s (Lati@s and Espeon) after a Low Sweep. That's the highest common speed tier you'll be able to outspeed after Low Sweep with an Adamant nature, and the extra bulk provided by the 24 HP EVs is nice to have.

btw is there a certain amount of luvdiscs you have to have for it to actually show up? Just curious :P
You need 6 luvdiscs for the number and luvdisc picture to show up on the list of teams, 26 for the numbers to be in bold, and 76 for the luvdisc picture to be gold.

Anyway, I hope this rate helped and GL with the team! Luvdisc'd :)

Hey Jr Breashers awesome rain team you have here! Choice Scarf Jellicent is an absolute monster.

Well looking at this team it looks fairly solid and there is not to much that troubles this team. However like The Great Mighty Doom and Jimbon said Gyarados, Sub CM Keldeo and Sp Def Rotom-W can be a bit annoying. Keldeo can set up on attacks by Jellicent and Politoed while they will be locked into a not very effective move. This can let Keldeo easily set up Calm Minds or get a Substitute up to help it against the rest of your team. Offensive varaints of Gyarados with Dragon Dance/Bounce/Waterfall/Earthqauke can out speed your team at +1 and can hit a lot of your pokemon hard with its rain boosted Waterfall all the while picking up Moxie boosts. Like Keldeo he can set up on Politoed and Jellicent pretty easily and start to dish out damage from there. Sp Def Rotom-W can take pretty much any hit from Mamoswine, Tornadus-T, Politoed and Jellicent while being able to threaten them with its stab moves.

To help your team in handling Keldeo and Rotom-W more easily i suggest Sub CM Jirachi>Defensive Jirachi this gives your team an excellent set up sweeper and a pokemon that can set up on to of your threats Keldeo and Rotom-W. With Psyshock Jirachi can always win the Calm Mind war against Keldeo hitting him super effectively and on his lower defensive stat. Psyshock also lets Jirachi set up on Blissey with 101 Hp Substitutes Blissey can never break them with any of her moves in rain where Jirachi can set up Calm Minds and beat it with Psychock. The loss of specially defensive Jirachi is not to bad because with Stealth Rock on Mamoswine Jirachi can afford to run a Calm Mind set which after a turn of set up lets him weather special blows quite easily anyway. Also with Choice Scarf Politeod, Choice Scarf Jellicent and Mamoswine Dragon-types aren't going to do to much to your team anyway. This Jirachi also still keeps Thunder much like the other set. The 4 Sp Def eves are used to give Genesect and attack boost.

To help you with your Gyarados weakness i second The Great Mighty Doom's suggestion of Hidden Power [Electric]>Surf on Politoed. This lets you hit Gyarados one of your main threats for 4x super effective damage. While Surf has its uses Hydro Pump already provides the same coverage despite its sometimes unreliable accuracy.

Good luck with the team i hope i helped! Oh and Luvdisc'd

Sets

Jirachi @ Leftovers | Serene Grace
Timid | 252 Hp / 4 Sp Def / 252 Spe
Calm Mind | Substitute | Thunder | Psyshock

Tl;dr
Jirachi
.Sub CM Set--->Defensive Set

Politoed
.Hidden Power [Electric]--->Surf

~Superpowerdude

YESSSSSSSS Scarf Jelli! So glad that someone loves my awesome set :D

Sub CM Keldeo is not a threat to this team in my opinion. If he has Jellicent alive, Water Absorb prevents Keldeo from hitting it with either STAB and Shadow Ball can easily break a +1 Sub iirc. Even if, smart switching and stuff can stop Keldeo. Specs is the one that I would be most cautious for, since a well played one can really give you a hurting if it has HP Ghost. I think you can play around it well enough though since you have Protect Rachi.

As others have said, Gyarados is a pretty big threat to this team. Replacing Surf with HP Electric is probably your best bet, but if you want reliability, you can always replace Hydro Pump with it. However, the loss of power really is notable. Another option could be to run a Specs Toed with a lot of HP investment, since Gyara outspeeds at +1 anyway.

I would give Jirachi a bit of Defense investment as well, mainly for being able to not get 2HKOed by Earthquake from Dugtrio in order to have a better chance against Rain + Dugtrio teams and to take Outrages from Dragons better. Oh, and change Thunder to Body Slam, you'll want to be able to paralyze things like Landorus and Duggy if they switch in thinking either you have thunder or want to trap you.

Cool team though, Luvdisced :]

Once Jirachi is passed Kingdra looks like a threat to your team. Although he will proBs not want to lock himself into outrage so i guess mart play will take him on.
All varients of rotom seem to do a numBer on your team. Breloom Been the only thing who can take it on, But he is too frail and a hydro pump in the rain will do a serious chunk to him. (80-94%) and a you wont outspeed all varient of rotom, it likely you lose that war.
To avoid this, id run a SuB CM rachi. This will gve you the aBility needed to wall rotom as well as kill it off.
Your team is exceptionally strong and i am just nitpicking one threat there (as i cant see much more) so i hope the rate helped. Good luck with the team, and ive luvdisc'd for a creative But strong team (scarf jellicent hahaha never played it!)
ps: check your PM

Looks like a great team mate! Only thing I can find is from constantly using Mamoswine myself, is that running Relaxed (+Atk, -Spe) and 0 Speed IVs on Mamo allow it to be outsped by things such as Specstoed, which can get you down to your sash and stops you from looking like an idiot using Endeavor because your Poke was faster.

Hey Jr Breshears, nice team!

First of all, your team is incredibly weak to Gyrados. Both the Offensive DD and SubDD variants can come in on pretty much anything, other than Tornadus-T and Jirachi (and Breloom if sleep clause hasn't already been activated), get up a Dragon Dance, and from there the Offensive Variant DD variant can outspeed and OHKO your entire team (bar Politoed) after Stealth Rock damage. The SubDD variant needs a bit more prior damage on a few of your pokemon, but then Gyrados can outspeed and OHKO your entire team at +1 (except for Jirachi, because the SubDD variant dosen't have Earthquake), but Jirachi isn't a dead stop to Gyrados, because one Waterfall flinch is all it would take to beat Jirachi, you'd also need to keep Jirachi very healthy for the entire match to have a chance at beating Gyrados, and Gyrados is often paired with Magnezone (a Specs variant with Thunder would absolutely destroy Jirachi.) To help remedy this situation, I suggest running Hidden Power [Electric] over Surf on Politoed. Hidden Power [Electric] allows Politoed to easily OHKO Gyrados and end its sweep. It's worth noting that this change means that Thunder's importance has decreased, so Jimbon's suggestion of Body Slam over Thunder on Jirachi is an even better option than it was before.

If you decide to go for Low Sweep over Swords Dance on Breloom, a spread of: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe allows you to outspeed positive natured base 110s (Lati@s and Espeon) after a Low Sweep. That's the highest common speed tier you'll be able to outspeed after Low Sweep with an Adamant nature, and the extra bulk provided by the 24 HP EVs is nice to have.

You need 6 luvdiscs for the number and luvdisc picture to show up on the list of teams, 26 for the numbers to be in bold, and 76 for the luvdisc picture to be gold.

Anyway, I hope this rate helped and GL with the team! Luvdisc'd :)
Thanks for the rate man! Gyarados can be a bit annoying only if it flinches Jirachi as you pointed out my only counter to it so HP Electric probably will be better than Surf since most of the time I use Hydro anyways. Ill also try out that Breloom set, thanks again!

Hey Jr Breashers awesome rain team you have here! Choice Scarf Jellicent is an absolute monster.

Well looking at this team it looks fairly solid and there is not to much that troubles this team. However like The Great Mighty Doom and Jimbon said Gyarados, Sub CM Keldeo and Sp Def Rotom-W can be a bit annoying. Keldeo can set up on attacks by Jellicent and Politoed while they will be locked into a not very effective move. This can let Keldeo easily set up Calm Minds or get a Substitute up to help it against the rest of your team. Offensive varaints of Gyarados with Dragon Dance/Bounce/Waterfall/Earthqauke can out speed your team at +1 and can hit a lot of your pokemon hard with its rain boosted Waterfall all the while picking up Moxie boosts. Like Keldeo he can set up on Politoed and Jellicent pretty easily and start to dish out damage from there. Sp Def Rotom-W can take pretty much any hit from Mamoswine, Tornadus-T, Politoed and Jellicent while being able to threaten them with its stab moves.

To help your team in handling Keldeo and Rotom-W more easily i suggest Sub CM Jirachi>Defensive Jirachi this gives your team an excellent set up sweeper and a pokemon that can set up on to of your threats Keldeo and Rotom-W. With Psyshock Jirachi can always win the Calm Mind war against Keldeo hitting him super effectively and on his lower defensive stat. Psyshock also lets Jirachi set up on Blissey with 101 Hp Substitutes Blissey can never break them with any of her moves in rain where Jirachi can set up Calm Minds and beat it with Psychock. The loss of specially defensive Jirachi is not to bad because with Stealth Rock on Mamoswine Jirachi can afford to run a Calm Mind set which after a turn of set up lets him weather special blows quite easily anyway. Also with Choice Scarf Politeod, Choice Scarf Jellicent and Mamoswine Dragon-types aren't going to do to much to your team anyway. This Jirachi also still keeps Thunder much like the other set. The 4 Sp Def eves are used to give Genesect and attack boost.

To help you with your Gyarados weakness i second The Great Mighty Doom's suggestion of Hidden Power [Electric]>Surf on Politoed. This lets you hit Gyarados one of your main threats for 4x super effective damage. While Surf has its uses Hydro Pump already provides the same coverage despite its sometimes unreliable accuracy.

Good luck with the team i hope i helped! Oh and Luvdisc'd

Sets

Jirachi @ Leftovers | Serene Grace
Timid | 252 Hp / 4 Sp Def / 252 Spe
Calm Mind | Substitute | Thunder | Psyshock

Tl;dr
Jirachi
.Sub CM Set--->Defensive Set

Politoed
.Hidden Power [Electric]--->Surf

~Superpowerdude
Thanks for rating my team :D I haven't tried CM rachi yet so ill be sure to test it out! But I like how the current set lets me keep teammates healthy and sponge dragons attack with ease. The HP electric thing will also be a dif. change since Gyarados can sweep me and Jirachi is my only counter. Thanks!

I really like the team and all it 's done for you. But how can I join?
Thanks but I don't know what you mean by join?

YESSSSSSSS Scarf Jelli! So glad that someone loves my awesome set :D

Sub CM Keldeo is not a threat to this team in my opinion. If he has Jellicent alive, Water Absorb prevents Keldeo from hitting it with either STAB and Shadow Ball can easily break a +1 Sub iirc. Even if, smart switching and stuff can stop Keldeo. Specs is the one that I would be most cautious for, since a well played one can really give you a hurting if it has HP Ghost. I think you can play around it well enough though since you have Protect Rachi.

As others have said, Gyarados is a pretty big threat to this team. Replacing Surf with HP Electric is probably your best bet, but if you want reliability, you can always replace Hydro Pump with it. However, the loss of power really is notable. Another option could be to run a Specs Toed with a lot of HP investment, since Gyara outspeeds at +1 anyway.

I would give Jirachi a bit of Defense investment as well, mainly for being able to not get 2HKOed by Earthquake from Dugtrio in order to have a better chance against Rain + Dugtrio teams and to take Outrages from Dragons better. Oh, and change Thunder to Body Slam, you'll want to be able to paralyze things like Landorus and Duggy if they switch in thinking either you have thunder or want to trap you.

Cool team though, Luvdisced :]
Hey Mike thanks for the awesome Jellicent set! Idk why no one ever uses it lol, and yeah Keldeo isn't much of a problem at all Jellicent pretty much walls most sets unless as you mentioned they carry HP ghost. Again with the HP electric change since alot of people seem to notice Gyarados that will probably be a for sure change! Im still testing B Slam so ill let you guys know how it turns out :D
Thanks for the rate!

EDIT: How much Defense EVs should I try?

Once Jirachi is passed Kingdra looks like a threat to your team. Although he will proBs not want to lock himself into outrage so i guess mart play will take him on.
All varients of rotom seem to do a numBer on your team. Breloom Been the only thing who can take it on, But he is too frail and a hydro pump in the rain will do a serious chunk to him. (80-94%) and a you wont outspeed all varient of rotom, it likely you lose that war.
To avoid this, id run a SuB CM rachi. This will gve you the aBility needed to wall rotom as well as kill it off.
Your team is exceptionally strong and i am just nitpicking one threat there (as i cant see much more) so i hope the rate helped. Good luck with the team, and ive luvdisc'd for a creative But strong team (scarf jellicent hahaha never played it!)
ps: check your PM
Kingdra since its uncommon I don't faced it a lot but so far Jirachi takes it on or at least paralizes it for another teammates to pick off. Ill also try the CM rachi since it does seem like something good to test! And sent you one back :P

I know that sounds crazy but just think if you only use Sleep Talk
Umm yeah lol don't quite get what you mean? :P

Looks like a great team mate! Only thing I can find is from constantly using Mamoswine myself, is that running Relaxed (+Atk, -Spe) and 0 Speed IVs on Mamo allow it to be outsped by things such as Specstoed, which can get you down to your sash and stops you from looking like an idiot using Endeavor because your Poke was faster.
Lol sometimes I do, do that xD but other times the extra speed is better letting it outspeed Heatran and others. But ill be sure to test it out! Thanks :D

Thanks for the rates and luvdisc's everyone! Ill post my results in a day or two since I can't come on tomorrow.

Made some changes...

EVs: 8 HP / 252 SAtk / 244 Spd and Hidden Power [Electric] on Politoed
This helps me deal with Gyarados and 244 Spd EVs still lets me outspeed +1 Dragonite.

Life Orb, EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spd, and Low Sweep on Breloom
LO lets me hit harder on all of my attack instead for only one turn and for a fighting move. EV's let me outspeed base speeds of 110s after a low sweep, and low sweep lets me slow down pokes and have a harder attacking fighting move alongside mach punch.

EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd on Jellicent
220 speed still lets me outspeed Latios, Gengar, etc. with a little move bulk.

Thats it so far still testing CM rachi and B Slam on rachi. Small stuff updated but they work so far extended my peak by a little bit almost to 1500 for my very first time on PO.

hazards really look like they can screw your team over, id say run sub toxic tenta over breloom. since your mamoswine is sash'd and hazards ruins the set, and jellicent cant abuse water spout to its fullest potential. toxic helps stall out the pink blobs and you beat all forms of gastrodon that dont have earthquake/earth power. and if gastro is THAT much of a problem i'd run hp grass on tornadus t. nice team good luck.

set
Tentacruel @ black sludge
timid
rain dish
240 hp 248 def 16 speed (iirc)
-scald
-toxic
-substitute
-rapid spin

Hey bud, sorry about the long delay.

This is a nice team, I really like the way Torn-T and Breloom come together and Jirachi patches some things up nicely. The first change I want to recommend is Specs Starmie with [Hydro Pump or Surf] / Thunder / Trick / Rapid Spin over Jellicent. I put a lot of thought into this slot because there are various options that are either better than Jellicent at that fast cleaning role (Scarf Keldeo) and more that would help with your Jellicent weakness (SubToxic Tenta) but I think with Starmie doing both and providing huge power in that slot as well as spin it's probably the best choice.

Secondly, simplify Torn-T. I don't think it absolutely needs U-Turn and it's lowering your chances of picking an attack during Sleep Talk. I'd prefer having only Hurricane or only Hurricane and Focus Blast.

The EV spreads on Breloom and Toed should just be max speed, the potential speed tie should be more valuable than a couple of HP points. Jirachi might need some amount of defense EVs to take on Kyurem-B but I don't expect you to see many CB sets and it should take on Substitute sets fine already.

Lastly, I'd like to know what you think of Support Toed or Specs Toed over Scarf. Scarf is the worst set to try and win a weather war with and IMO shouldn't be attempted without Dugtrio. The other two are more purpose built for the job.

I thought about putting Zong over Rachi for SR and projected how the team could change from that point but Mamo seems to be doing the job well and patching up dragons well enough so you could stick with that. You could try out Icicle Spear over Endeavor because Sash Breloom leads will definitely be trending and you would get to OHKO them right off the bat. If you did decide to compress the roles and run Bronzong for SR instead you could fit in another special power piece to clean up after Tornadus and Starmie like Rock Polish Gensect (which is ghey) which also gives you a back up steel.

Good luck, go find the arrangement that fits you best.

Hey bud, sorry about the long delay.

This is a nice team, I really like the way Torn-T and Breloom come together and Jirachi patches some things up nicely. The first change I want to recommend is Specs Starmie with [Hydro Pump or Surf] / Thunder / Trick / Rapid Spin over Jellicent. I put a lot of thought into this slot because there are various options that are either better than Jellicent at that fast cleaning role (Scarf Keldeo) and more that would help with your Jellicent weakness (SubToxic Tenta) but I think with Starmie doing both and providing huge power in that slot as well as spin it's probably the best choice.

Secondly, simplify Torn-T. I don't think it absolutely needs U-Turn and it's lowering your chances of picking an attack during Sleep Talk. I'd prefer having only Hurricane or only Hurricane and Focus Blast.

The EV spreads on Breloom and Toed should just be max speed, the potential speed tie should be more valuable than a couple of HP points. Jirachi might need some amount of defense EVs to take on Kyurem-B but I don't expect you to see many CB sets and it should take on Substitute sets fine already.

Lastly, I'd like to know what you think of Support Toed or Specs Toed over Scarf. Scarf is the worst set to try and win a weather war with and IMO shouldn't be attempted without Dugtrio. The other two are more purpose built for the job.

I thought about putting Zong over Rachi for SR and projected how the team could change from that point but Mamo seems to be doing the job well and patching up dragons well enough so you could stick with that. You could try out Icicle Spear over Endeavor because Sash Breloom leads will definitely be trending and you would get to OHKO them right off the bat. If you did decide to compress the roles and run Bronzong for SR instead you could fit in another special power piece to clean up after Tornadus and Starmie like Rock Polish Gensect (which is ghey) which also gives you a back up steel.

Good luck, go find the arrangement that fits you best.
Hey yee!
Thanks for the rate I forgot I even asked for one lol, but I have thought of Specs Starmie over Jellicent but never got around to try it out since I based the team around scarfed Jellicent. I like Jellicent for the surprise factor and water immunity but I will have to test Starmie sometime. Also what could I maybe replace u-turn on Torn T with? I have also tested both max speed on both Toed and Loom but I really never needed the extra speed on Toed and idk about Loom since I don't know what those speed EV's will allow me to outspeed. Btw how much Def EV's should I put on Jirachi since your the second person to recommend that. I think I have tested Specs and Support Toed but I can retest that. Lastly I will try Icicle Spear! Thanks for the rate man!

The idea with removing U-Turn is that you don't replace it, when you're asleep you'll have a higher chance of picking Hurricane or Focus Blast which both OHKO Breloom. For the speed EVs on Loom the idea is just to beat or at least tie other Breloom, because 6 HP points won't matter but beating another Breloom might give you an advantage.

Hey dude, I like your idea of Choice Scarf Jellicent because it's unexpected. However, I suggest that you swap him for Choice Scarf Blastoise. It's essentially the same Poke, except Blastoise is quite a bit faster. Blastoise is also rare in OU. Everyone will expect a spin/stall set.

Great team overall, I tried this team on PS but Jirachi's moveset is Thunder, Psyshock, Wish, Calm Mind@Leftovers. Calm Nature. EV: 252HP 224SpD 32Speed, Max speed on Poli, Jelli and Breloom, it's awesome! Jelli sweep is really something, like switching in when you'll predict if your opponents gonna use a fighting, normal or water move. Oh and Luvdisc'd

The idea with removing U-Turn is that you don't replace it, when you're asleep you'll have a higher chance of picking Hurricane or Focus Blast which both OHKO Breloom. For the speed EVs on Loom the idea is just to beat or at least tie other Breloom, because 6 HP points won't matter but beating another Breloom might give you an advantage.
Alright and on Loom do I also change it to Jolly :P

Hey dude, I like your idea of Choice Scarf Jellicent because it's unexpected. However, I suggest that you swap him for Choice Scarf Blastoise. It's essentially the same Poke, except Blastoise is quite a bit faster. Blastoise is also rare in OU. Everyone will expect a spin/stall set.
I will try it out thanks!

Great team overall, I tried this team on PS but Jirachi's moveset is Thunder, Psyshock, Wish, Calm Mind@Leftovers. Calm Nature. EV: 252HP 224SpD 32Speed, Max speed on Poli, Jelli and Breloom, it's awesome! Jelli sweep is really something, like switching in when you'll predict if your opponents gonna use a fighting, normal or water move. Oh and Luvdisc'd
Hey glad you like it! Ill have to try out Psyshock over Iron Head and Calm over Sassy! Thanks for the luvdisc! :D

Just a little nitpick. Maybe you want to try Rock Tomb > Low Sweep on your currently Breloom Set. Rock Tomb allows Breloom to hit more harder some of its checks, like Dragonite, Salamence, Tornadus-T, Volcarona, Xatu and even more! And you still decrease the opponent's Spd.

PS: I like this Team, it's really good. Luvdisc'd!

Just a little nitpick. Maybe you want to try Rock Tomb > Low Sweep on your currently Breloom Set. Rock Tomb allows Breloom to hit more harder some of its checks, like Dragonite, Salamence, Tornadus-T, Volcarona, Xatu and even more! And you still decrease the opponent's Spd.

PS: I like this Team, it's really good. Luvdisc'd!
Glad you like it :D And thanks ill try it out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)