Pokémon you underachieve with

I can never use Calm Mind Latias effectively, or pretty much any Calm Mind user effectively. How in the world are people getting to +3 without being forced out or KO'd.

@Wizarus
Try Espeon with wish. Espeon cant be roared out and has access to baton pass. However in the current meta Genesect OHKOs with U-Turn and Pursuit also kills.
I personaly think Espeon is good on any team, but sometimes he is a waiste as he can just get absolutly f*#%ed over.

Espeon @ Leftovers
Timid : 252 Hp | 252 Spe | 4 in anything
Wish | Calm Mind | Psyshock | Baton Pass

Good luck

@Wizarus
Try Espeon with wish. Espeon cant be roared out and has access to baton pass. However in the current meta Genesect OHKOs with U-Turn and Pursuit also kills.
I personaly think Espeon is good on any team, but sometimes he is a waiste as he can just get absolutly f*#%ed over.

Espeon @ Leftovers
Timid : 252 Hp | 252 Spe | 4 in anything
Wish | Calm Mind | Psyshock | Baton Pass

Good luck
Those I would probably run Sub instead of Wish, this is what I'm talking about. I'm not hitting hard enough, even at +2, and physical threats screw you over before you can get threatening. And I always have multiple threats to take out before I can prepare the sweep, and by the time I do that, I pretty much already won anyway. Calm Mind is difficult for me, Bulky Calm Mind is an absolute nightmare. :(

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I can never use Calm Mind Latias effectively, or pretty much any Calm Mind user effectively. How in the world are people getting to +3 without being forced out or KO'd.
With the 50% usage of Genesect, it's much harder for Latias to set up because it fears a +1 U-Turn coming straight at its face. If Genesect is ever banned to ubers, (which would be great) then the only big thing you'll have to fear is Scizor, who is out sped by Latias anyway which usually carries HP Fire. Latias was much easier to set up my friend until that space bug came to OU.

Those I would probably run Sub instead of Wish, this is what I'm talking about. I'm not hitting hard enough, even at +2, and physical threats screw you over before you can get threatening. And I always have multiple threats to take out before I can prepare the sweep, and by the time I do that, I pretty much already won anyway. Calm Mind is difficult for me, Bulky Calm Mind is an absolute nightmare. :(
Wish is like the only reason this works. Passing or being behind a sub can be nice but you just wish whenever theres a slight threat (even if ur hp is full) and then you just calm mind, wish, calm mind, wish, but dont get too greedy. Its when you miss time the calm minding that it doesnt work. And this completely ruins stall teams. For instance chansey and blissey can touch espeon as there seismic toss is shruged off by the wishes. Sub cant do any of that. Wish > sub in my experience.

I don't know, I was playing with Latias in this metagame, and I found late game sweeps with it easier than ever to do. Sure Latias can go headlong into Genesect, but it doesn't have to, it just waits for the thing to die. Scizor on the other hand can come into Latias and can not only kill it, but trap it in for the kill. Genesect has really taken a hit on Scizor usage, so surprisingly I find it easier to use.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Basically Choiced anything is a struggle for me to use. Choiced Terrakion, Rotom-W, and even Genesect really don't work too well with me at the reins. Being locked in is almost never worth the stat bumps for me. But when I go up against a Banded Terrakion or a Scarf Gene, I always struggle to deal with it. Idgi.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion

Ninetails

I cannot run Ninetails for my life. I really can't seem to understand how some people can actually keep this Pokemon alive for the entirety of the game without letting it take severe damage or fainting. I hate the playstyle of Sun in general and I really only like running a certain type of Sun team, and it is barely viable anymore. For some reason I will always have a problem keeping this thing alive against other weather teams and in result almost always lose the game. I can play Heatran, Venusaur, and all other components of sun Alive and well throughout the whole game. But not the main star, Ninetails. If anybody has any keys to keep Ninetails alive then please tell me, because it is just so weak offensively and defensively that it basically has no real role on any of the teams that I had it on except for 1 thing. Politoed can run a nifty Scarf or Specs set along with a solid defensive set that actually is able to check things on teams instead of failing to actually come in on anything. Ninetails is also vulnerable to every hazard, so it is very hard to fight if your opponent has a Ghost or something as you cannot successfully Spin away hazards.

Sun is getting worse and worse in the metagame anyway, and as Ninetails starts failing to even higher heights with the increase of Rain and the newly introduced Kyurem-B and Garchomp, Sun is failing to compete and stay on top. It is just terrible how Ninetails pretty much fails against any threat in the metagame and has no use outside of this one turn to switch in and trigger Drought. I hate using it and I really can't figure out how to use it right.

Ninetails
(text)
Ah, yes - sun's achilles heal. The biggest problem Ninetales faces in merely the fact it has to switch in and take hazard damage. It's a bit of an unusual set, but have you ever tried/considered running Pain Split on Ninetales? I've found it's definitely the best way of squeezing whatever use you can get out of it. Though only semi-useful, it does allow Ninetales to heal itself from the 25% damage it takes from Stealth Rock most of the time.

My personal preference is Calm Ninetales @ Shed Shell with Flamethrower/Toxic/Sunny Day/Pain Split. Shed Shell Ninetales, despite lacking Leftovers recovery, is quite an underrated choice due to the rise of GeneDugRain teams. Toxic is more useful than Will-o-wisp as it allows you to progressively weaken Politoed more effectively when combined with some hazards. If you use Sunny Day as it switches in, you'll be able to keep your momentum for long enough to switch the flow of the game in your favour.

Most rain teams struggle to do anything if the sun is up - this set does the best job of ensuring it is the dominant weather. Obviously you'll still want to support it with Dugtrio + a spinner or Magic Bounce user. I agree that Drought teams are annoying to run due to Ninetales being nothing more than mediocre - I think it's a hurdle worth trying to jump though, due to how powerful such teams can be.

SD Lucario. For some reason I CAN'T be alive after 1 boost. It's really annoying,but hey,at least Lucario has another options to go for.

For me it's LO Starmie. It's always been hell for me to live with LO recoil for every spin, residual damage from Sand and hazard (it's vulnerable to all three), and easily resisted attacking moves in Hydro Miss and BoltBeam. :-|

Yep, Starmie for me. I can't stand pokemon with 4 move slot syndrome. I never know what moves to put on my Starmie. Hydro pump, Surf, Psyshock, Psychic, Ice beam, Thunderbolt, Rapid Spin, Recover, etc. I feel like Starmie needs all of them at once to be successful. I use Hydro Pump and it misses too often and I wish I had Surf, I use Surf and I can't ko anything I need to, I use Ice Beam and I can't kill Jellicent, I use Thunderbolt and Dragonite sets up on me, I use both Thunderbolt and Ice Beam and now I die too easily because I don't have Recover, I use Recover and now I can't Rapid Spin, I use Psyshock instead of Psychic and now I can't kill a +1 Conkeldurr, etc. Of course it's a nightmare to fight against it because it might have all those moves and you're on pins and needles until you know it's moveset.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)