Join Avenue

Mostly US. I try to trade with Europe but I rarely encounter someone, it's faster to browse US, even if manage to trade only half the time. Stupid Nintendo should do something about glitched dead requests (like Her/vp/es in US) which block normal ones, there are quite many of them. Japan is probably even better but I like nicknames.

Mostly US. I try to trade with Europe but I rarely encounter someone, it's faster to browse US, even if manage to trade only half the time. Stupid Nintendo should do something about glitched dead requests (like Her/vp/es in US) which block normal ones, there are quite many of them. Japan is probably even better but I like nicknames.
Yeah they're so annoying. There's one that as been there for a month

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Just a question: If you start linking up with people, will more people appear in the Avenue each day, or just the day you link with them? Currently, three people come to my Avenue every day, but the one day I've traded with friends, I had more people come in. Then again, my friends' avatars opened shops in my Avenue, so I wouldn't expect them to visit every day because they are already there in the first place.

I changed my ds clock 3 months back to get some autumn-only items. (I mention this, to exclude the possibility of changing the time one day forward, which might make the game think I already had that day, so I am cheating.)So this is what I noticed: After you change it back, you can't buy anything that day and the day afterwards. (I never set the date of my DS forward, so not to the next day. Yet you still can't buy anything then) You will be able to buy things again the day after that. This is quite irritating though, but I guess it stops abuse by changing the Ds Clock. I have not found a solution to this yet, so I would avoid changing the DS clock altogether. Tell me if you CAN buy items the day after the day you changed the DS clock back. If so, I might be extremely unlucky with my game?

If this is indeed true, I think they wanted to stop people setting their DS clock to 11:59 (just before midnight), so that the date will flip when they just start the game. If so, it seems like they succeeded (unless you go cheating, I think.)
So you mean that you can't buy items until the 2 days afterwards?

For example, you are in Monday and change the day to Wednesday, so the Friday you are able to buy?

I will ask it, so.

Yes. That's to avoid abusing DS clock - people would change the time to 23:59, wait one minute, use daily event, change the clock again and so on. Now even if you set the time to Wed 23:59 you won't be able to buy items until Fri 00:00.

A couple more things regarding this place.

1)The Bargain Pass Power doesn't affect the prices for Join Avenue's items. One less reason to farm for high-lvl pass powers.
2)After my first store-wide promotion, I replaced one of my shops, got the new one up to rank 10, and got another week of promotions. The promotion bonus being renewable pleases me. =]

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
level 12 avenue - no mag4mag's yet
5 florist
5 cafe
6 dojo
3 dojo
5 antique
6 market
5 raffle

no eggwoman yet :(
The Nursery only has a chance to appear after rank 15.

Just a question: If you start linking up with people, will more people appear in the Avenue each day, or just the day you link with them? Currently, three people come to my Avenue every day, but the one day I've traded with friends, I had more people come in. Then again, my friends' avatars opened shops in my Avenue, so I wouldn't expect them to visit every day because they are already there in the first place.
People appear one-off the day you connect with them, but the higher the avenue's rank, the higher the number of daily NPC visitors.

On a side note, the Japanese dude running the antique shop in my Join Avenue said he wanted to change job... so I let him, and it turned into a rank 8 Nursery o.o

Breeding has never been easier.

Could you, or somebody else, elaborate a little on this?

Oh, and thanks for answering my question!
When your avenue is rank 1, you'll only get like 3 visitors a day.
When you get to around rank 10, that number will be more like 6. At rank 15, you'll have around 8 daily visitors to your avenue. So basically, the higher your rank, the more daily visitors your avenue gets.

Oh, forgot to mention something else. Serebii's page on Join Avenue has one instance of error regarding rank-up prizes; for every rank-up on and past 51 you receive a star piece from the owner, not the stardust. You still receive the rare candy @ 10-rank intervals.

Right now I'm trying to level up my latest florist to 10 while my promotion is active; gonna see if promotion periods stack on top of current ones (meaning, give 8+ straight days of discounts) or just restart the timer @ 7 days.

Edit! Mission complete. If you earn a promotion period when you already have one running in your avenue, the duration will reset to 7 days. They do not add up.

I'm going to point out that you can resell Hard Stones to the ore collector for $500; this means that you can turn a profit on average, even if every single package contains a Hard Stone.

I'd call the Nursery most useless - yes, it should be incredibly useful. But the broken breeding mechanics mean that you're going to do any serious breeding in Black 1/White 1 anyway. So, unless you decide to trade all your eggs over...
What do you mean by broken breeding mechanics?

Kay so I think I miscalculated something. After doing my RNG shenanigans on Sunday, I resynched the time properly and let midnight pass twice, but my shops haven't restocked yet. I think a certain amount of time (36-48 hours?) has to pass before the shops get restocked.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
When your avenue is rank 1, you'll only get like 3 visitors a day.
When you get to around rank 10, that number will be more like 6. At rank 15, you'll have around 8 daily visitors to your avenue. So basically, the higher your rank, the more daily visitors your avenue gets.
Allow me to cast doubt on the accuracy of this...

When you use Fly to get to Join Avenue, you see the statistics of "Current visitors" and "People recommended/invited" below the map. I just reached rank 10, yet I still only get three visitors to my avenue per day.

However, when I last flew to the Avenue, I noticed that the "People recommended/invited" counter was at 96. I think it is this counter, and not the Avenue's rank, that brings in more people. Yes, it is closely tied to the rank of the avenue, and 100 visitors will often coincide very well with rank 10, but I haven't noticed any change in the number of visitors even when reaching that rank.

I guess I'll see on Thursday, when I finally reach 100 visitors (102, actually). If I get more people in then or on Friday, I'll take it as confirmation of my theory. If not, then it's bonkers.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I'm curious about these daily visitors myself, my Join Avenue is at rank 26 with Recommended or Invited at 302 but I only ever seem to get 4 visitors. Do these visitors show up in one group when I go into the Join Ave. or in small clusters throughout the day at certain times?

I am currently at rank 21 and have invited 195 visitors.
I get 7 or 8 customers per day, for around a week now (which when substracted from 195 would make less then 150). The precise mechanics of the daily visitors is not quite clear to me, as one day I get more than another day. However, you will get more as you rank up (and with that invite more visitors).

The daily visitors will all appear at once when you enter Join Avenue for the first time that day (so all 7/8 come within one minute). For the rest of the day, if you do not connect with ither people, no other people will visit your Avenue. So I have no idea why you only get 4 a day, Nexus. Just maybe it might have to do with your "status", which might decrease when you recommend a wrong shop to a visitor. I would have to pay attention if I get more visitors after reaching 200 of them tomorrow.

Just if it matters: I have been visited by a total of 4 gym leaders (My brother only one). "Chain shopping" has only happened to me a total of 4 times, 2 of which left immediatly (while my brother, rank 19, has had it more then 30 times). Chain shopping is when visitors, after recommending a shop, go visit other shops in your avenue (up to visiting all of them once it seems), with all shops getting points, and only the highest of them increases the Join Avenue rank by that many points.

On a side note, non of Serebii's recieved points correspond with what I get. I always get 25% less than what Serebii has listed.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
well what I do is save before talking with any visitor and if I send them to the wrong place I reset and talk to them again until I recommend the right place. So, not sure how that could be the problem and these days I rarely even have to reset since I can get them to where they want to go on the first try. Also, does anyone also have the problem with shops like this (going by serebii's list here http://www.serebii.net/black2white2/joinavenue.shtml) where it says "Any shop with a female/male clerk" and I send them to any of the shops with the appropriate gender and the visitor will say that's not where they wanted to go. Present, you get 25% less Popularity from daily fans that's just how they work.

Not me, so long as I follow that list, I get no problems with guiding customers properly.

Also, it's been ~36.5 hours since I resynched my DS's clock and only some of my shops have restocked; only the shops that I bought from prior to my RNG abusing restocked. The others remain empty. No fans visited yet either. Man this restocking mechanic is not an obvious one.

I definitely think the number of visitors to the avenue increases but not nearly at the rate at which Present assumes; at rank 10 I usually got 4 NPC characters, and currently on the Japanese game at rank 34 I'm getting around 6 or 7 people per day. I keep a printed list of all the possible sentences available, so from that regard I rarely get caught out with incorrect directing of people in the avenue. It's getting to the point where certain phrases come up and I know instinctively where they are in the list to check. I've not had any problems with Male/Female clerk directions though.

I don't tend to take a huge amount of notice into what Serebii's list says on the points given for correct directions, because I've had a number of instances where it gives flat out more or less points than it should (even factoring in fans giving only 75%). It's kind of the same thing with the Markets and Antique Stores not selling their full complement of items until post-game. Antique Stores don't sell the 'Rock' series of items for example, but this is explainable as most of the items in this set are fossils which only become practical post-game.

Also, with clock issues, when I changed it for DST, I didn't begin to play the game until Tuesday after resetting on the Sunday morning. Now, under normal circumstances, this covered 24 hours plus an additional midnight before I began to play again, but when I logged back in, the avenue shops were still empty. It only began restocking items the following day.

Nexus, you probably mistake Rangers (red outfit). (BAN ME PLEASE) with yellow hair are guys, girls have brown hair. Serebii is 100% accurate for me so far (rank 21, 179 recommended) but I don't use it too much.
For past few days I was getting 5-7 visitors. I think Gym Leaders are additional visitors, not counted in hidden formula determining number of visitors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)