Dragon Wasteland - Sandstorm Dragmag team

This is my Dragmag team, and even though I feel that I have had a reasonable amount of success with it, I think that it could be improved further. Although this team is not primarily a Sandstorm team, it does benefit from it, but mainly sand is there to disrupt weather teams. Anyway, onto the team:

Breloom @ Fight Gem
Trait: Technician
EVs: 68 HP / 224 Atk / 212 SDef / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Spore
- Bullet Seed

My new lead. Spore puts anything to sleep with 100% accuracy, I can then proceed to swords dance and Mach Punch away. The EVs are there so that it survives an unboosted Flamethrower or Ice Beam from Genesect. A powerful pokemon, I think that it fits better on the team with the new changes I have made.

Genesect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- U-turn
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

This thing, as you most likely already know, has excellent coverage, and provides great offensive pressure with U-Turn. It benefits from sand, and is a great revenge killer and late game sweeper. I would put more here, but seeing as you have all already seen this Genesect set, and are well are of how capable it is, I don’t think that a huge amount of detail is needed.

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Substitute
- Earthquake

The sand dragon. This is quite possible the most powerful member of the team, and for good reason. Outrage deals huge damage with no boosts, and its power is just through the roof with x2 attack. Earthquake is my go to option when I don’t want to locked into Outrage. Substitute is a useful attack for helping me get off Swords Dances.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt

Admittedly, not the most effective member of the team, however, it provides a very important role of killing things like Ferrorthorn, Scizor, and Genesects that are locked into the wrong move, which are all pokemon that Dragmag hates. HP fire is a must on this set, as Magnezone outspeeds regular Genesect, and forces Scarfed Genesect to stay in, and use the move it is locked into. Volt Switch is keep offensive momentum, and Flash Cannon is there to hit things like Tyranitar, and weakened unboosted dragons. A more reliable pokemon now that I am using a Choice Scarf set.

Latios @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

A strong special attacker. Generally, I am just spamming Draco Meteor, but Surf with HP Fire ensures that nothing resists all three of its moves. Recover is used to heal off special attacks that I switch it into. I prefer this as my Draco Meteor user of choice over Hydreigon for its speed

Salamence @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

My late game sweeper. Outrage is its main move, but Dragon Claw is there in case there are still steel types on the opposing team, and I don't want to lock myself into Outrage. Fire Blast and Earthquake are there for coverage, although I will not stay in for long if I chose to use Fire Blast. With Moxie, it puts great pressure on the opposing team as a revenge killer.

Thanks in advance,
Bizdis

Hey!

I'm not a huge fan of Hippowdon and Breloom. I think Dragon Spam is most effective when you go all out. Hippowdon is just too slow and defensive, and as a result, it's weighing down your team. I think you should try Mamoswine instead. It's often seen on Dragon Spam teams for good reason. It can use Stealth Rock, and since Dragon Spam teams tend to be weak to other Dragons, Ice Shard is invaluable. Mamoswine being much more offensive than Hippowdon will help you keep Offensive momentum.

Second, I think you should try out Dragon Dance Dragonite instead of Breloom. While Breloom is a great Pokemon in the current metagame, I don't think it works well with the rest of your team. Dragonite provides you with a much better mid game wall breaker. Take the chance to set up and then KO as much as possible. Dragonite counters will be severely weakened, and your other Dragons can take care of the rest of the match. ExtremeSpeed is notable too because priority moves are always important.

Good luck!

Adding on to Undi's rate, I like the changes he recommended but I think you could still get more out of Garchomp. In BW2, literally every team will be some form of offense so it doesn't need Life Orb to get many KOes, you could try Substitute / Swords Dance / Outrage / Earthquake which is an excellent cleaner along with Magnezone or keep your current set but replace the item with Yache / Haban Berry to make it harder to revenge. I recommend beefing up Garchomp's special defense to the point where it's higher than it's defense so it won't get revenge killed by Genesect with Yache which won't cost you too much power. Some like to lower it's defense IVs to do this but I think that's just a waste of stats.

Hope I helped, good luck.

Hey!

I'm not a huge fan of Hippowdon and Breloom. I think Dragon Spam is most effective when you go all out. Hippowdon is just too slow and defensive, and as a result, it's weighing down your team. I think you should try Mamoswine instead. It's often seen on Dragon Spam teams for good reason. It can use Stealth Rock, and since Dragon Spam teams tend to be weak to other Dragons, Ice Shard is invaluable. Mamoswine being much more offensive than Hippowdon will help you keep Offensive momentum.

Second, I think you should try out Dragon Dance Dragonite instead of Breloom. While Breloom is a great Pokemon in the current metagame, I don't think it works well with the rest of your team. Dragonite provides you with a much better mid game wall breaker. Take the chance to set up and then KO as much as possible. Dragonite counters will be severely weakened, and your other Dragons can take care of the rest of the match. ExtremeSpeed is notable too because priority moves are always important.

Good luck!
Adding on to Undi's rate, I like the changes he recommended but I think you could still get more out of Garchomp. In BW2, literally every team will be some form of offense so it doesn't need Life Orb to get many KOes, you could try Substitute / Swords Dance / Outrage / Earthquake which is an excellent cleaner along with Magnezone or keep your current set but replace the item with Yache / Haban Berry to make it harder to revenge. I recommend beefing up Garchomp's special defense to the point where it's higher than it's defense so it won't get revenge killed by Genesect with Yache which won't cost you too much power. Some like to lower it's defense IVs to do this but I think that's just a waste of stats.

Hope I helped, good luck.
Thanks, I have taken both your suggestions on board. I have used Dragonite over Breloom, and have switched Fire Fang on Garchomp to Substitute. However, with Hippowdon gone, I found myself lacking a decent wall, so instead of Mamoswine, I went with Donphan, which can both Rapid Spin away Stealth Rocks (to stop Dragonite's Multiscale from breaking), and Ice Shard dragons.

I have made many major changes on this team, but I think that it has improved a lot because of them. Anyway, because I have chosen to add three new pokemon to the team, and changed the moveset of a fourth pokemon, I think that this deserved a new post.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)