Official NBA 2012-13 Season Thread

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'm stoked about no more Brown! No more excuses for the players. As his replacement I'd like either Jackson, Sloan or a Van Gundy - D'Antoni better stay the fuck away.

Also, this comment on ESPN was fantastic.

PacerFan19a: Hire Stan Van Gundy... just to see Dwight Howards face.

Too quick in the season. In fact...they never should have brought him in at all. Or they should have cut ties with him at the end of last season.

I blame Jim Buss for these Laker woes. Grubby mittens have fractured what Dr. Buss established.

(P.S. you want a Phil understudy? Go to Brian Shaw.)

(P.P.S. DeAndre Jordan is making me happier Clipper fan.)
Brb too soon.

Brb should have done it sooner.

Lol, SVG would be hilariously epic.

ESPN is reporting that Phil Jackson is open to returning to the NBA, and if he comes back wants to bring an assistant to groom into his successor. His girlfriend is the Vice President of the Lakers, Jeanie Buss, as well. Cautiously optimistic. Hope they can win today's game.

Also heard they were looking to trade Steve Blake. And that money isn't an issue for the Lakers, because they're trying to contend this year. You have to give it up for their front office, they're pulling out all the stops because they want to get Nash, Dwight, and Kobe their rings.

You have to give it up for their front office, they're pulling out all the stops because they want to get Nash, Dwight, and Kobe their rings.
Its probably more that LA wouldn't give a damn about basketball if the Lakers weren't contenders year in and out.

Kinda surprising it happened so soon this reason regarding Brown's firing, though you'd definitely expect a bit more when you land all that star power.

Also if D'Antoni randomly shows up to coach, even I'll find it hard to hate the Lakers...granted he can't coach defense, but when you have Howard at Center you can compensate.

If I was a Lakers fan I'd be chanting "We want Phil!" so loud in Staples Center.
Forget all the other potential candidates, get back Phil Jackson for the third and final time.

Its probably more that LA wouldn't give a damn
bout basketball if the Lakers weren't contenders year in and out.
Nah. You don't know L.A. fans. This city is full of Dodger and Raiders diehards despite both teams either always choking (LAD) or just being flat-out awful (Raiders). The Lakers are pretty much the city's pride and joy, as far as sports clubs go because they are always trying to win.

Artest shouldn't be allowed to shoot the ball. Dear God, his liability on offense is painful.
He's just really inconsistent. During the last two or three months before the postseason last year he didn't do too bad, but I wouldn't mind getting someone who can play D and score more often.

If I was a Lakers fan I'd be chanting "We want Phil!" so loud in Staples Center.
Forget all the other potential candidates, get back Phil Jackson for the third and final time.
Well, he's meeting with the team on the weekend so I think it's possible. The Lakers finally have a cast that he'd want to work with.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Anyone else find it funny that the same day they fire Mike Brown, the Lakers actually put in some effort

Knicks destroying on defense. 37 points for the Mavs after halftime. I'm really worried for when Amare gets back.

help the mavericks are awful on the road
Aren't they without Marion and Nowitzki? I wouldn't worry too much. I never thought O.J. Mayo was a guy that could carry a team anyway.

Houston/NY hatred and Miami/Boston hatred has completely overcome LA/Boston hatred.

SA are looking like they came down to Earth like Harden.

It seems Jackson does want to come back to the Lakers, but he wants travel restrictions and more power over basketball decisions. Most likely, I think they'll work it out but D'Antoni is also a candidate and he's pretty willing to coach LA too. Things are looking good.

I think Marion is, in a sense, a bigger loss right now? He gives defense which is what the team was already lacking, Nowitzki is a big star but he is defensively soft anyway. Either way we had a lead for almost the entire game and folded, 1-3 on the road now. Injury problems or not we have had such a soft schedule that I really hate to come out of it 4-3 :(

Who hates Houston? Houston is BAD because the roster is still a shambles overall. Almost every Houston game is going to be a close game and games are going to involve anything imaginable..15 Lin assists and 10 Lin turnovers? 22 rebounds and 0 shots and 4-4 FT for Asik? 50 points for Harden, but the rest of the team shoots like 25% and they lose by double digits? I do not see how anyone could find them unentertaining, this year's ridiculous team of the year by a landslide.

Although depending how racist or communist loving you are, less fun than the white power Timberwolves.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
I went to the Bobcats/Mavericks game today, not being a huge fan of the Bobcats, my friend got us killer seats and it was too fun to pass up. My last NBA game was probably the 3rd year the Cats were established and man, Michael Kidd-Gilchrest is a player to be excited about for this franchise, he was absolutely awesome and only 19 years of age too.

For being there, the game was definitely thrilling and it's been a while since ive been excited about Basketball. I don't expect much from the Bobcats this year, but i'll probably follow them more now.

the Heat are playing for the playoffs, they seem to no longer give any fuck about the regular season, and they already only kind of did before...I expect them to only start trying on defense around 50 games into the season

I think Marion is, in a sense, a bigger loss right now? He gives defense which is what the team was already lacking, Nowitzki is a big star but he is defensively soft anyway. Either way we had a lead for almost the entire game and folded, 1-3 on the road now. Injury problems or not we have had such a soft schedule that I really hate to come out of it 4-3 :(

Who hates Houston? Houston is BAD because the roster is still a shambles overall. Almost every Houston game is going to be a close game and games are going to involve anything imaginable..15 Lin assists and 10 Lin turnovers? 22 rebounds and 0 shots and 4-4 FT for Asik? 50 points for Harden, but the rest of the team shoots like 25% and they lose by double digits? I do not see how anyone could find them unentertaining, this year's ridiculous team of the year by a landslide.

Although depending how racist or communist loving you are, less fun than the white power Timberwolves.
The Mavs just need to have more confidence on the road. Still think they can make a seventh or eighth seed.

There is enmity between Knicks fans and Rockets fans over Lin. It's stupid, but whatever.

the Heat are playing for the playoffs, they seem to no longer give any fuck about the regular season, and they already only kind of did before...I expect them to only start trying on defense around 50 games into the season
I don't buy that. People just overrated them like every other team. They're not unstoppable, or safe from having bad nights. Wade in general is more likely to have more off games than Bron or Bosh though.

Lakers looking good tonight so far.
I actually don't think they executed that well. It's an improvement, but Kobe & Dwight did not play to the best of their abilities and Jamison still isn't taking the shots he should. Pau did really well this game though, he's starting to look like his old self. I dont know why people always want to trade him, without him the team would fall apart worse than it did with Brown. Metta wasn't bad either, that Kobe lob was pretty cool. Regardless, they got the win. Hope they have a coach by Tuesday's game against the Spurs and execute well enough to make it a good game.

Lol there is no "emnity" between Knicks and Rockets fans. If anything Knicks fans are happy the Rockets got him.
The Heat struggled a lot against size last year, losing to the Lakers, Clippers, Grizzlies, Jazz, and the Magic twice. It's not a coincidence that those 5 teams' frontcourts were the top 5 in the league last year. Miami is a great team but I thought that they were lucky they didn't face a single decent big in the playoffs last year.

Lol there is no "emnity" between Knicks and Rockets fans. If anything Knicks fans are happy the Rockets got him.

The Heat struggled a lot against size last year, losing to the Lakers, Clippers, Grizzlies, Jazz, and the Magic twice. It's not a coincidence that those 5 teams' frontcourts were the top 5 in the league last year. Miami is a great team but I thought that they were lucky they didn't face a single decent big in the playoffs last year.
Wut... they only almost got bounced by Indiana (yes, Hibbert is a top 5 center IMO) last year before Lebron figured his shit out and went into total domination mode. But that really only proves the point that a great frontcourt is still their biggest weakness.

The Lakers signed Mike D'Antoni to a four-year deal according to some ESPN sources. This is great, a coach that can use all of the offensive power the Lakers have and who knows how to use Nash. If it couldnt be Phil, D'Antoni is not a bad second choice. Especially if Jackson was planning to miss some games, as was reported.

The Lakers signed Mike D'Antoni to a four-year deal according to some ESPN sources. This is great, a coach that can use all of the offensive power the Lakers have and who knows how to use Nash. If it couldnt be Phil, D'Antoni is not a bad second choice. Especially if Jackson was planning to miss some games, as was reported.
Dafuq!?!?!?!? Where the hell did you read THAT? I've been keeping a close eye on ESPN and Yahoo! sports and nothing has been reported on this yet. I really hope this isn't true, because I'd much rather have PJ than D'Antoni.

Dammit, I just checked the twitter feed, and you're right, the just haven't got an article up yet. Well I'm disappointed. I thought Jimmy Buss learned his lesson the with the last coach name Mike that he hired. smh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)