Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teams are stored in your computer's cookies. Don't delete your cookies, and you won't lose your teams. Sorry.
I know that the computer the teams in the browsers cookies, so InPrivate browsing won't work, etc. What I did to back up my 50+ teams was to click "Backup / Restore", copy and paste all the text into a Notepad file. Using the same buttons you can rearrage your teams. The team builder needs some serious improvements, obviously (I know it's not finished). I want to be able to see my teams on all computers and play anywhere, not having to always copy / paste my teams.

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I know that the computer the teams in the browsers cookies, so InPrivate browsing won't work, etc. What I did to back up my 50+ teams was to click "Backup / Restore", copy and paste all the text into a Notepad file. Using the same buttons you can rearrage your teams. The team builder needs some serious improvements, obviously (I know it's not finished). I want to be able to see my teams on all computers and play anywhere, not having to always copy / paste my teams.
This is 100% how I'd go about it. If you want cloud storage of your teams, I guess you could upload the file containing your teams to a site like Dropbox or Google Drives, although this is still kinda rudimentary.

Multiple Hit Attack Critical Hit Aftermath

I think that I might have discovered a new glitch. The battle video is here http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou3989871. On turn 26, my Cloyster (Shell Smashed) uses Rock Blast on the foe's Vaporeon (3x Defense). It did 6%, 5%, 6%, 34% (critial hit), 15%. Why did the last hit do 15%? I know that damage is supposed to vary a little due to the RNG, but not by more than 2 times! This happened more than once to me.

michael

m as in mancy
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think that I might have discovered a new glitch. The battle video is here http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou3989871. On turn 26, my Cloyster (Shell Smashed) uses Rock Blast on the foe's Vaporeon (3x Defense). It did 6%, 5%, 6%, 34% (critial hit), 15%. Why did the last hit do 15%? I know that damage is supposed to vary a little due to the RNG, but not by more than 2 times! This happened more than once to me.
I'll run a test now and post some results here when I'm done.

Turns out this is a known and noted bug. Cheers for pointing it out~

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
"Linoone must come from a specific event that gives it pickup.", this shows up when im trying to use my team at the NU ladder, but im using glutonny as linoone's ability.
Also, i selected pickup as linoone's ability and then it worked.

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
"Linoone must come from a specific event that gives it pickup.", this shows up when im trying to use my team at the NU ladder, but im using glutonny as linoone's ability.
Also, i selected pickup as linoone's ability and then it worked.
That means the Linoone you were using had a move obtained via event, and required Pick Up as its ability to have that move. Don't worry about the message - sometimes it is unclear.

Alright I've had something happen that would probably need some looking into
Unfortunantly I wasn't able to nap the replay as I came to notice it too late but here's what happened regardless;

UU Test

I had a hail build team with with snover lead (choice scarf with support) (rest of the team; Shapedo, Nidoking, Gligar, Froslass, Empleon) (I dont remember the whole opponent team though)
Opponent had mew lead.

On the first turn;

Snover set up light screen, mew used trick. Mew obtained Choice scarf, snover received choice band.
Next turn mew used u turn, snover survived, tried to set up leech seed, opponent send in shaymin.
Fighting happens, shayming got KO'd with blizzard and all.

Opponent had mew out.

Switch in froslass, choice spec, max speed.
Opponents mew used Transform. Note; It has its choice scarf on.

Now started the odd part.

I switch out and send in sharpedo to the obvious shadow ball.
So I used protect the next turn cause shadow ball didnt hurt much.
I protected, the guy uses, thunderbolt(?!?)

It was able to KO sharpedo next turn. Then it switched to blizzard against nidoking, seeming that choice scarf was ignored. Back to froslass, oh look, shadow ball, what a suprise. And team got sweep'd.

Now here's the fun part; My froslass has 350 speed. My mixed sharpedo should reach 354 after first protect. So it seems the mew still seemed to receive the speed from the scarf if transform should work like it should.

Not to mention the guy going "gg" on the transform turn I'm thinking there's something fishy going on with this.

Would love some looking in on this or recreating.

This is probably already known, but... I disconnected during a game and when I rejoined I was playing from the opponents perspective. I could only send out pokemon that were alive and in the same "slot" as an opponent's available pokemon. I've had to forfeit a few games because of this.

- Power Swap does not work. I was in a randombattle with Nails. His Archeops used a Flight Gem Acrobatics for about ~53% on my Shuckle. Shuckle used Power Swap. On the next turn Acrobatics did about ~34% damage. Furthermore, in the battle window there was no text saying what had happened when Shuckle used Power Trick; it simply said "Shuckle used Power Trick!"

- Using Giga Impact on a Ghost-type causes the "Must recharge" bubble to appear in the battle screen (where stat boosts / drops go etc), even though the move does not cause recharge if it does not hit.

- In a battle both my Taunt and Roar (both 100% accurate moves) missed against a Sigilyph. I figured it must have Brightpowder, but then it took LO recoil from attacking (-_). My first guess was that there must be some glitch with Brightpowder, since Turn 1 I led with Deoxys-S while he led with Weavile, then switched to Sigilyph. This is when my Taunt missed. However, when I switched to Giratina-O its Roar missed as well, so I suspect it is an error in the teambuilder.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
- Power Swap does not work. I was in a randombattle with Nails. His Archeops used a Flight Gem Acrobatics for about ~53% on my Shuckle. Shuckle used Power Swap. On the next turn Acrobatics did about ~34% damage. Furthermore, in the battle window there was no text saying what had happened when Shuckle used Power Trick; it simply said "Shuckle used Power Trick!"

- Using Giga Impact on a Ghost-type causes the "Must recharge" bubble to appear in the battle screen (where stat boosts / drops go etc), even though the move does not cause recharge if it does not hit.

- In a battle both my Taunt and Roar (both 100% accurate moves) missed against a Sigilyph. I figured it must have Brightpowder, but then it took LO recoil from attacking (-_). My first guess was that there must be some glitch with Brightpowder, since Turn 1 I led with Deoxys-S while he led with Weavile, then switched to Sigilyph. This is when my Taunt missed. However, when I switched to Giratina-O its Roar missed as well, so I suspect it is an error in the teambuilder.
- Edit: Did you mean Power Split? Power Swap swaps attacking stat boosts and Power Trick swaps the user's Attack and Defense stats. Power Split averages attacking stats with the target, but is not implemented yet.

- Noted, thank you.

- Sigilyph has Wonder Skin, which made Taunt and Roar 50% accurate when used on it.

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Turn 1
The foe's Misdreavus used Will-O-Wisp!
The attack of the foe's Misdreavus missed!
Stunky used Pursuit!
It's super effective! The foe's Misdreavus lost 36% of its health!

Turn 2
The foe's Misdreavus used Will-O-Wisp!
Stunky was burned!
Stunky used Pursuit!
A critical hit! It's super effective! The foe's Misdreavus lost 64% of its health!
The foe's Misdreavus fainted!

Crits seem to be ignoring the burn Attack drop. Simple math shows that the 2x multiplier of the crit should offset the .5x multiplier of the burn, which should result in Stunky doing 36% or close to it. I'm not sure if it's just with Pursuit or all moves, but I can't tell since it's so hard to replicate a luck-based thing like this.

Edit: Not entirely sure if this matters, but this was an LC battle.

Strange delays after my moves.

I wanna start by saying that I'm completely new to PS and Smogon in general, so if this is a known issue just point me away.

I just started last night and in 4/5 of the matches I've had since starting, I've been forced into a forfeit due to inactivity... The thing is, I clicked on my next move! After I clicked it said something like: Waiting for player... [Cancel].

It looked completely normal on my end. To me it looked like the other played was the one that was taking forever... And then it warns me that I have 180 seconds.

I press cancel and reselect my move a couple times. Try to type in chat, but nothing that I type appears. Spam the inactivity button myself. Nothing. 3 minutes later I forfeit. After the forfeit it usually takes a couple minutes for me to be able to leave the game lobby as well.

Please help.

I noticed that Shaymin-Sky has Shaymin-Land's cry in PS, but it has a different cry in the actual game. The same is the case for the other formes that have a different cry than their original counterparts.

Michael Westmon joined.
tanakattack joined.
Format: OU
Rated battle
Rule: Sleep Clause
Rule: Species Clause
Rule: OHKO Clause
Rule: Moody Clause
Rule: Evasion Clause
Michael Westmon's team: Latios / Reuniclus / Politoed / Dugtrio / Tentacruel / Garchomp
tanakattack's team: Sableye / Conkeldurr / Rotom-Wash / Salamence / Breloom / Heatran
Battle between Michael Westmon and tanakattack started!
Michael Westmon sent out Politoed!
tanakattack sent out Rotom-Wash!
Politoed's Drizzle made it rain!
Turn 1

The foe's Rotom-Wash used Hidden Power!
It's not very effective... Politoed lost 9% of its health!
Politoed used Toxic!
The foe's Rotom-Wash was badly poisoned!
Politoed restored HP using its Leftovers!
The foe's Rotom-Wash was hurt by poison!
Turn 2

tanakattack called Rotom-Wash back!
tanakattack sent out Conkeldurr!
Politoed used Protect!
But it failed!
Politoed restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 3

Michael Westmon called Politoed back!
Michael Westmon sent out Reuniclus!
The foe's Conkeldurr used Payback!
It's super effective! Reuniclus lost 29% of its health!
Reuniclus restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 4

The foe's Conkeldurr used Payback!
It's super effective! Reuniclus lost 30% of its health!
Reuniclus used Psyshock!
It's super effective! The foe's Conkeldurr lost 63% of its health!
The foe's Conkeldurr restored HP using its Leftovers!
Reuniclus restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 5

tanakattack called Conkeldurr back!
tanakattack sent out sableye (Sableye)!
Reuniclus used Recover!
Reuniclus regained health!
Turn 6

Michael Westmon called Reuniclus back!
Michael Westmon sent out The FINNISHer (Latios)!
The foe's sableye used Will-O-Wisp!
The FINNISHer was burned!
The FINNISHer was hurt by its burn!
Turn 7

tanakattack called sableye back!
tanakattack sent out Heatran!
The FINNISHer used Surf!
It's super effective! The foe's Heatran lost 67% of its health!
The foe's Heatran restored HP using its Leftovers!
Turn 8

tanakattack called Heatran back!
tanakattack sent out salamence (Salamence)!
The FINNISHer used Surf!
It's not very effective... The foe's salamence lost 33% of its health!
Turn 9

The foe's salamence used Outrage!
It's super effective! The FINNISHer lost 63% of its health!
The FINNISHer fainted!
The foe's salamence's Moxie raised its Attack!

I apologize if my hide tag doesn't work - haven't done anything like that in forever and even then I would screw up consistently.

Anyway, see turn 9. My latios is timid w/choice scarf (checked repeatedly). Tunac's mence should not outspeed it under these conditions. This happens all the time - even scarfed genesects outspeed for no particular reason. I can create and post a video if needed, but will need imbedding instructions after uploading to Youtube.

Today is always the most enjoyable day.

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Anyway, see turn 9. My latios is timid w/choice scarf (checked repeatedly). Tunac's mence should not outspeed it under these conditions. This happens all the time - even scarfed genesects outspeed for no particular reason. I can create and post a video if needed, but will need imbedding instructions after uploading to Youtube.

Today is always the most enjoyable day.
If your max Speed Scarf Latios is being outsped by Scarf Genesect your Speed IV is probably set to 0. This likely happened because you had something with Gyro Ball or Trick Room before changing it to Latios and forgot to change the IV after.

Destiny Bond working on second turn

So my enemy sends out Azumarill, i send out Froslass.
He sets up a sub, i set up a layer of spikes.
He Aqua Jets, it gets disabled due to Cursed Body, i set up more spikes.
I use Destiny Bond, he uses Ice Punch.
I use Spikes, he uses Ice Punch, and his Aqua Jet gets "undisabled".
He outspeeds and kills me with Aqua Jet. Now this message appears: TypeError: Cannot call method 'getName' of null
at Battle.runMinor (http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/js/battle.js?v0.7.17.16:3433:27)
And he dies of Destiny Bond.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
So my enemy sends out Azumarill, i send out Froslass.
He sets up a sub, i set up a layer of spikes.
He Aqua Jets, it gets disabled due to Cursed Body, i set up more spikes.
I use Spikes, he uses Ice Punch, and his Aqua Jet gets "undisabled".
He outspeeds and kills me with Aqua Jet. Now this message appears: TypeError: Cannot call method 'getName' of null
at Battle.runMinor (http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/js/battle.js?v0.7.17.16:3433:27)
And he dies of Destiny Bond.
...replay, please? :/

If your max Speed Scarf Latios is being outsped by Scarf Genesect your Speed IV is probably set to 0. This likely happened because you had something with Gyro Ball or Trick Room before changing it to Latios and forgot to change the IV after.
Yes, that's the mistake I made. Can't believe I didn't see it earlier. Please disregard my last post.

Final Gambit will faint the user even though the foe uses protect
Ed Edd and Eddy joined.
The foe's Politoed used Protect!
The foe's Politoed protected itself!
GangStarraptor used Final Gambit!
The foe's Politoed protected itself!
GangStarraptor fainted!

Um, yes.
I was in a battle with a nice stranger, and my internet decided to go dead and I had D/C'd, but I came back in the battle and instead of me being in my side of the whole thing, I was on my opponents side and couldn't switch any of my pokemon due to it saying "[DEBUG] Cannot switch due to pokemon being fainted.", somewhere around those lines.
I couldn't switch, pick any moves, or leave the match :c

Should there be some sort of evolution clause?

While this guy's strategy is very good, it suffers from a malady. In game, can someone get a level 1 evolved pokemon? This person has a level 1 Duosion. To my knowledge, that's not possible, and therefore shouldn't be useable. Perhaps I'm wrong. figured i'd post just in case.

here is the replay:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uususpecttest4370271

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)