Kingdra Under the Sea (Peaked 1634 on Pokemon Showdown)

Kingdra Under The Sea

Introduction

What’s up Smogonites, and welcome to my newest RMT, this time for the first time I did not use Trick Room. Before Absolete and Sciztar, I was the main user of Trick Room here in the OU, but I decided to try something different. As you may have guessed from my picture, the team is based around Kingdra for this RMT. When I saw all the new toys that weather teams, notably rain, were getting, Kingdra immediately came to my mind as a powerful anti-metagame Pokemon to base a team around. This is a team built around Kingdra and other favorite Pokemon of mines. I refuse to have legendary Pokemon on my team, that is just a personal preference of mine. There are plenty of other Pokemon that can sweep just as well as legendary. I have played this team and have peak at 1634 on Pokemon Shadow ladder and have I hit a roadblock, I need some help with this team. I tend to have a problem with stall teams and weather wars.

The Story Behind the Team

This story is pretty long, but if you enjoy reading Pokemon stories then this will give you an idea of why I chose Kingdra.

"One day, I'll finally have enough money to buy the Horsea I want and I'll finally be from my parents." Staring out the window on the bus, a kid from a very broken home can only dream of being a Pokemon Trainer. He dreams that one day he can save up enough money to buy him a Horsea with perfect ivs. But he can only dream, once he awakes from his dream he is brought back into reality. Reality where he is constantly beaten by his parents for coming home with B’s on his rJeport card and for trying to be a Pokemon trainer. He is awaken from daydreaming on the bus when he remembers what his abusive father told him,”No son of mine will throw away his life, to run around the world being homeless with a damn Pokemon." As the kid stares back out of the window he over hears some kids in the back of the bus talking about Pokemon. "Hey, I heard there is a senior at our school that can breed perfect Pokemon!" "What! No way! You lying!" "I'm serious fool, as long as you have the money he can breed you the Pokemon of your dreams!" With this new information, the kid turns around and ask the kids a question. "Where can I find him at? Like, do you know what classes he takes?" The kids looked at each other. "Please! I need to know! I know a guy that has enough money!" Then all the kids finally told him. "Go to the gym, underneath the bleachers during lunch d he'll be there."

Once the bus arrives at the school, he can't wait until lunch. “Finally, I’m once step closer to becoming a Pokemon Trainer and being free from my parents.” From a distance you can hear the sound of thunder as the clouds became darker aroung the school. The kid stares up at the clouds and sees an image of Kingdra from the clouds. “Some day. We will be together.” Ring. Ring. Ring. The bell sounds for lunch period. The kid bursted out of class and into the hallway. Not caring about the rules, he was only concern about finding the senior who can help him. “There it is the gym, please be in there.” As the kid open the door, he is greeted by the P.E. teacher. “What are you doing here? No student is allowed into the gym during lunch, now turn around and head back to the lunchroom.” All the color in the kids face was washed away at that moment. All his dreams were crushed in a matter of seconds.

Walking back into the lunchroom he sits down at his assigned table and eats quietly. With about 10 minutes left to go in lunch, the kid comes up with an idea to get out of the lunchroom and back into the gym. He walks up to the teacher’s table and asks them, “may I be excused to the restroom? It’s an emergency!” As his teacher bites into her food she replies, “sure thing Pueblo.” With his teachers approval, Pueblo exits the lunchroom and approaches the gym. “If I can just get by the P.E. teacher’s office window, I can make it to the bleachers.” As Pueblo proceeds to open the door, he hears the P.E. teacher right behind the door. “Son, if I catch you in this gym one more time, I’ll send you straight into the principals office!” As the kid opens the door and walks into the hallway, Pueblo stands right behind the door, his heart pounded, and watches as the P.E. teacher walks behind the kid. “This is my chance!” As he blots into through the door. He slides into the bleachers and twists his ankle. Pueblo is screaming in pain, but is shocked when he hears a voice from the bleachers.“Damn kid! I’ve never seen anyone that excited about meeting me. Don’t worry I’m not out of Pokemon yet. You must be Pueblo, the freshman kid.”

Pueblo is in utter silence. “How does this senior know my name?” As Pueblo tries to get up, he falls back down due to his ankle. He tries once again, but fails. While Pueblo is on the ground holding his ankle, the senior disappears into the bleacher. “Wait, come back! I need to know can you breed me a Horsea?” But there is no response, Pueblo tries again, but is interrupted by the senior. “Why should I give you, a freshman, a Pokemon anyway, aren’t you a bit old to be playing with Pokemon?” Pueblo proceeds to take off his shirt and shows his the bruises and scares from his parents. “This what I’m greeted by, when I get home everyday. If I don’t do something completely right, they beat me. If I cry, they beat me some more. I have nobody to talk to or comfort me. I guess what I’m really asking you is for, is a friend.” Amazed by Pueblo’s story, the senior pulls out a Pokeball and calls out Blissey. As Blissey uses Aromatherapy on Pueblo, the senior walk underneath the bleachers and rolls a Pokeball to Pueblo. “From hearing your story, you need this more than I do. Take care Pueblo and good luck.” Ring. Ring. Ring. The bell sounded for lunch to be over. Pueblo tries to get up, but is still stricken by his ankle. The senior responded, “Since Blissey was only able to heal you for 2 minutes she couldn’t heal your ankle completely, but she was able to wrap your ankle.” After thanking the senior and Blissey, Pueblo proceeded toward the door when the P.E. teacher opened the door.

Shocked by his appearance Pueblo turns to look at the bleacher, but the senior and Blissey were nowhere to be seen. The P.E. teacher shouted, “Didn’t I tell you once not to come into the gym! You’re going straight to the principal’s office!” The sound of thunder and rain hit the roof of the gym. Pueblo’s day just went from bad to worse. He can’t help but feel worried about what his parents will do to him, once the principal calls his parents. As the P.E. teacher drags Pueblo down the hallway toward the principal’s office, Pueblo slips Horsea’s Pokeball into his jeans pocket. When they arrived at the principal’s office, Pueblo proceeds into the room and sits down in front of the desk. “Now don’t move kid until the principal gets back. I’ll be right outside until he get here.” As the door is slammed behind him, Pueblo thinks about how to tell the principal and his parents about what happen to him. He comes up with an idea to hide Horsea. He takes the necklace off his neck and pulls out the Pokeball from his pocket. He shrinks the Pokeball and ties Horsea’s Pokeball onto it and slips it back underneath his shirts and waits in the office. The door finally opens and Pueblo is scared when the principal sits on the desk in front of him. “Pueblo, I’ve already called your parents, they said they will talk to you when you get home.” But before he can finish Pueblo blurted out, “Why did you call my parents! Oh no, no, no, no. There going to really beat me now.” Pueblo begins to cry in front the principal. The principal gives Pueblo some tissue. “Pueblo, seeing how you are a good student, I’m going to let you off with a warning. But the next time, you will be sent to detention. Now just sit in my office until the bell rings for you to go home.” As the principal walks behind his desk, Pueblo wipes his tears from his face. Pueblo notices a picture of his principal standing with a trophy with a Salamence. “Sir, I didn’t know you were a Pokemon trainer?” The principal grabs the picture and smiles at it. “Yes, I was. Those were the old good days. I remember the days when Salamence and I didn’t know if we would be sleeping in the Pokemon center or in the woods. But I enjoyed everyday of my journey. Pueblo, have you thought about being a Pokemon trainer?” Amazed Pueblo quickly reply,” Yes i have thought about being a Pokemon trainer, but I don’t have an official Pokedex?” The principal looks at Pueblo and opens his desk drawers and shuffles through some papers. He places a red square Pokedex onto the desk. “Pueblo I want you to have this. This was my first ever Pokedex, you might want to update the Pokedex it’s a little out of date, but it still works. With this you can register your Pokemon and your Pokemon I.D and you will be an official Pokemon trainer.” Astonished by his new gift Pueblo quickly takes the Pokedex and puts it his book bag.

As the two continued to talk, the bell rings for the end of the day. Pueblo gets up and thanks the principal for the Pokedex and proceeds out of his office. But Pueblo is brought back into reality when he sees the buses pulling up in front of the school and is reminded that he now has to face his parents. He puts on his jacket to avoid being drenched by the heavy rainfall as he walks toward the bus. When the gets on the bus, Pueblo quickly pulls his necklace out of his shirt and holds Horsea’s Pokeball tightly and cries. “Horsea, you don’t know how I’m excited I am to finally have a friend. I just hate that you now have to see how my life is at my house but don’t worry I have enough money for some Pokemon food and enough to last us for 3 months.” As Pueblo looks out of the window, he can only dream. To dream that one day he can finally leave his parent’s house and be a Pokemon trainer with his new Pokemon.

When the bus comes to a stop at Pueblo’s house, Pueblo slowly gets up and walks down the isle and out of the door. He stares at his house and sees his mom and dad’s car parked outside. “Shit, they are both here waiting for me. I just got to brace myself for their hell of punches. No! I can’t take this anymore, no more. They will not beat me anymore. Tonight will be the last time they will touch me or see me. My journey begins today.” With his new determination Pueblo calls out Horsea and holds him in his arm and walks toward the door. ‘Horsea, you won’t see them hit me. I’m going to confront them and get our things and we will be out of here. If I can make it to the harbor by 9 P.M tonight, I can make the cruise and we’ll start our journey in Sinnoh. With the twist of his key Pueblo opens the door and walks into the house. Pueblo quickly walks up the stairs and down the hallway into his room and sits Horsea on his bed and dumbs all of his books and papers out of his book bag and puts in all of his Pokemon supplies, maps, key items, bicycle, and Pokedex. With his book bag all set and ready to go Pueblo picks up Horsea and walks out of his room.

“We are almost there, if I can make it to the front door we are home free.” As Pueblo walks down the hallway, he hears his parents from the kitchen. “Pueblo! Pueblo, get your ass in her this instance!” With a gulp Pueblo slowly walks toward the kitchen and just before he walks into the kitchen he puts Horsea back into his Pokeball and puts the pokeball in his pocket. As he enters into the kitchen he is greeted by a punch in the stomach from his father and falls to his knees. “What the hell is wrong with you?! First you start talking about being a Pokemon trainer, now you are acting up in school! I just don’t understand you!” The blood slowly runs down his face, but Pueblo is not crying he slowly gets back up with a smile on his face. Angered by Pueblo’s reaction, his mother yells, “You think this is a joke!” Pueblo then begins to chuckle. His father pins him down to the floor and his mother jumps out of her chair and starts slapping him repeatedly. Once his mother stops, Pueblo gets up and staggers to the door and replies, “I hope you got your punches in because that will be last time you ever put your hands on me!” Pueblo pulls out the Pokeball and calls out Horsea. His parents jumped backed when Horsea appeared from the Pokeball. Scared by this, his father stutters, “where did you get that from?” Pueblo then bursts into laughter. Enraged his father charges toward him but before he could reach Pueblo replied, “Didn’t I tell you that was the last time you ever put your hands on me. Horsea use Hydro Pump.” In a flash his father and mother were drenched by the water and eventually the kitchen was destroyed by the amount of water from Hydro Pump. As his parents body laid in the water Pueblo walks over toward them. The rain started to fall through the roof and onto Pueblo parent’s body. Pueblo replies, “ Now you will feel the pain I felt from all those beatings. From this day forward, my Pokemon adventure starts goodbye.”

Team Building Process

As mentioned earlier, I wanted to use a Dark Horse Pokemon. Kingdra really does abuse Rain team's drizzle greatly. I just had trouble with my former Trick Room teams with Offensive rain teams. So I decided to fight fire with fire. Hydro Pump and Draco Meteor is Kingdra bread and butter, and waterfall is the juice on the side. I wouldn't trade Kingdra for anything.

I've always been a fan of Choice Scarf Infernape. With most of Kindgra's threats fall short of the Base Speed 108 which allows Infernape to take them out. Even Genesect can't sweep through this team, because of Infernape. With Choice Scarf Infernape being faster than Choice Scarf Gensecet is a sad day for the bug. Landorus and Steel types are also taken care of by Infernape with like to try and set up on Kingdra.

Lucario was chosen because of his priority moves that make up for his Base 90 speed. Also Swords Dance played an important role in my desicion making. I set up on a Pokemon that Lucario threatens in hopes of a Switch and then I proceed to a +2 in attack and then i abuse Extremespeed and Close Combact and start sweeping through my opponents team until or if they do get me to switch out Lucario or revenge kill it.

After Lucario, I wanted to add a second dragon on the team. At first I thought of Garchomp, but I settled with Salamence because of it's Intimidate ability. Just like Lucario, I switch into a threating Pokemon and force their attacking stat to be cut in half to force a switch out. Then I proceed to Dragon Dance and outspeed all Choice Scarf Pokemon under Base 100 after +1 in Speed with a Naive Nature.

With Reuniclus here to change the dimensions to let him outspeed faster threats were good for a while, until he had to set up or set back up Trick Room. Which led him to being KOed by faster threats. Reuniclus was very good at killing off Steel types like Scizor, Magnezone, and Genesect, but he was just to slow, so thanks to, EnterRAYZORS, he suggested Focus Sash Alakazam.

Alakazam was Reuniclus' replacement, because Alakazam's Base Speed is 3X as higher than Reuniclus. Also they both share the same Ability so the idea of not having to worry about indirect damage from Entry Hazards and weather was a plus for Alakazam. With Focus Sash it feels like Alakazam has two lives. If he's faster than a foe and gets down to 1HP I can proceed to outrun him.

I have Forretress to help with the Entry Hazards and to get rid of Entry Hazards for Salamence and Kingdra, so that I can proceed to switch in an out freely. But Forretress was constantly being set up on by threats, and I lost the momentum on my offensive team so I decided to switch out Forretress for Mamoswine.

After Forretress, I switch to Endeavor Mamoswine. I like how I can get at least 1 or maybe 2 Pokemon down before my opponent finally revenge kills Mamoswine. Mamoswine is here to check Dragons that pose a threat to Salamence and Kingdra. With his STAB priority Ice Shard, Dragonite, Garchomp, and Salamence I'm watching you now. You can't set up on Mamoswine so easily now.

At a Glance

A Closer Look

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
• Stealth Rock
• Ice Shard
• Earthquake
• Endeavor

Mamoswine is a much better Stealth Rock Pokemon then Forretress was. Not only can Mamoswine can set up the Rocks but can pose an offensive threat to my opponent's team, which what Forretress lacked for the team. With the offensive pace of this team, Forretress was only used as a defensive pivot which was good at times but most Pokemon just set up on Forretress in expect for a switch out, which cost me some matches at time. Mamoswine is a good check to opposing Dragon Pokemon that were posing a problem for Salamence and Kingdra at time. With his Ice Shard he has a good check to them, which means, Dragonite, Salamence, and Garachomp, I'm watching you. With Endeavor and Focus Sash i do get the potentially to take out 2 pokemon but almost always at least 1 Pokemon, which throws my opponent for a loop most of the time, because they expect to lose 2 Pokemon in a row so quickly. Mamoswine is also an emergency check to Heatran and Steel Types with his STAB Earthquake which frees up a sweep with Outrage from Salamence or Draco Meteor from Kingdra.

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
• Focus Blast
• Psychic
• Shadow Ball
• Hidden Power [Fire]

What the previous psychic type on my team had wrong with them, Reuniclus, is that they either needed time to set up or were too slow. Alakazam fits the offensive look of my team better then the other two. So far it has done its job, thanks to Sciztar and EnterRAYORs, he is be able to fire off powerful attacks without setting up and with Focus Sash I can survive an OHKO from Scizor and Genesect. He plays the same role as Reuniclus, coming in when the field is covered with hazards and lure out the steel types and KO them with Hidden Power Fire. .

Lucario @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
• Swords Dance
• Bullet Punch
• ExtremeSpeed
• Close Combat

Lucario is my favorite member of the team, to become an actual real life Pokemon. He's my physical sweeper on the team, and the second one to stop Blissey and Chansey. Lucario has so much raw power and access to that +2 priortiy is like the icing on the cake. The Ev's are simple, 252 Atk for power, 252 Spd for speed and the 4 other EV's went into Def so that I had an odd HP number allowing me to come in the maximum amount of times on Stealth Rocks and to take priority hits better. I chose Adamant nature over Jolly because I the extra 10% in power that Adamant provided and I don't end up using much that isn't Extremespeed anyway. Now onto the moveset. Swords Dance is, of course, my boosting move that doubles my Attack stat to 700. Extremespeed doesn't need much explanation, it's the only +2 priority move in the game meaning that it goes before ALL moves. Now Bullet Punch was a nice little additon that I thought would help the team out considerably. I had to stop and think "what switches into a Lucario most often? Gengar, Terrakion, and Jolly Mamoswine!" With a +2 under its belt Lucario gets an OHKO on each of those with STAB Bullet Punch, pretty nice huh? My last slot is reserved for Close Combat. Close Combat is a base 120 power move that gets the STAB boost and is my go to move for the bulky opponents that try to shut me down.

Infernape @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 108 Atk / 148 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
• Close Combat
• Fire Blast
• Hidden Power [Ice]
• U-Turn

Revenge killing something is just so satisfying. I get countless revenge kills with this set and it works as my scouter and offensive pivot. With a Choice Scarf and Hasty Nature I hit 519 Speed, that ties with Scarf Terrakion but those never stay in for fear of Mach Punch. With a move pool so vast I had trouble picking 4 moves that I thought would work the best. I'm very happy with the results of these 4 I have as of now. Close Combat is my oh so reliable power STAB, hits Tyranitar, Terrakion, Chansey, Blissey, etc. I liked the idea of a mixed revenger/sweeper so I picked Fire Blast as my second STAB. It gets the OHKO on Forretress, Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Genesect, Scizor, Venusaur, Magnezone I can go on and on. Pretty much any time I scarf a pokemon I like it to have a scout move, U-Turn helps me considerably against Celebi who comes in to sponge a Close Combat. Hidden Power Ice rounds out my set nicely so that I revenge Landorus, Dragonite, Salamence and it gives me something to hit the birds if I'm forced to. For the IVs give it 30 HP and 30 Def so that you can get a base power 70 HP Ice without lowering speed to 518 and losing the Speed ties.

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Trait: Intimidate

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature (+Spe, -SpDef)
• Dragon Dance
• Fire Blast
• Outrage
• Earthquake

I switched Salamence's ability to Intimidate. I use it to cut my opponent's Pokemon's attack in half in hopes of forcing a switch out then I proceed to Dragon Dance which helps Salamence become less likely to be revenge killed by Pokemon with Choice Scarf under Base 100 Speed. After a +1 from Dragon Dance Salamence becomes a major threat to my opponent's team, I kept a speed boosting nature to insure that Salamence isn't revenged killed. If I'm able to get up +2 Dragon Dance I outspeed all of the Scarf Pokemon except ninjask. I have the Lum Berry to help calm down Salamence after he uses Outrage or for when people try to Will-O-Wisp him to stop him from using Dragon Dance. It covers a lot of weaknesses, mainly Technician Breloom...I hate that fucking mushroom!. It may seem strange considering he shares a near identical typing with Kingdra but they play very different roles.

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 40 HP / 36 Atk / 204 SpA / 228 Spe
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SpDef )
• Rain Dance
• Waterfall
• Hydro Pump
• Draco Meteor

Kingdra is just the PERFECT counter against Rain and weather teams, with rain dance I can win the weather war. Kingdra can stop the weather from my opponent's weather so that it can sweep through their team. Since I enjoy going up against rain teams because its ability doubles his speed in rain and outspeeds their team. With Swift Swim at his disposal, this guy can obliterate pretty much anything that takes neutral STAB damage from Hydro Pump. Kingdra just dominates in the rain with rain boosted and Hydro Pump, Draco Meteor and Swift Swim at his disposal. Arguably Kingdra is my MVP of my team, I usually send out Kingdra during the middle of the game. Draco Meteor to deal with walls and other dragons types. The 40 HP EVs moves Kingdra up to the next highest stealth rock number while also giving me a life orb number of HP, The listed EV spread allows Kingdra to outrun up to base 130s such as scarf latios and gengar under rain. Now you might be wondering what is with the 36 ATk EVS? Blissey can wall the hell out of Kingdra under the rain or after I use Draco Meteor. With 36 Atk I can guarentee a 2HKO on Blissey in the Rain.
Conclusion

I would to congratulate you on getting this far in this RMT. I hope you guys have enjoyed this team and the Story as much as I do. I urge you to try it out and give some great feedback. I would also like some feedback on the Story Behind the Team as well. I'm very pleased with my team, so far, there are some changes I'm considering making. I personally don't like legendary Pokemon on my team, so I would appreciate it if you don't suggest legendary Pokemon on my team please.

Thanks for reading and Luvdisc if you really enjoyed this team.

Threat List

Abomasnow: Abomasnow never has a chance to do much to my team. Stealth Rock really limits the times it can switch in, and with Lucario and Infernape being on the team, he is OHKO. Alakazam also OHKO him with Focus Blast whenever it hits.

Aerodactyl: I don't see him in the OU too much, but when I do I usually expect taunt or suicide lead. I usually stick with Forretress and OHKO him with Gyro Ball. Lucario also OHKOs him with his STAB Bullet Punch

Alakazam: He can be a little Tricky, but I just need to break his Focus Sash with Infernape's u-turn, then KO him with Lucario's priorty Extremespeed.

Blissey: Despite what it looks like, I actually lick my lips every time I see a Blissey. Lucario and Infernape rapes her everytime, I don't have much to worry about. This is where I set up Swords Dance from Lucario to get rid of him.

Breloom: The time it poses a problem is when it starts to set up substitutes. I start with infernape TO USE Fire Blast or go to Alazakam for Hidden Power Fire.

Celebi: When I see him, I usually threaten him with Infernape and Scout with Infernape's U-turn or go for Fire Blast.

Chansey: Chansey is basically dealt with in the same way as I deal with Blissey, though it does have a bit more bulk to boast. Regardless, Lucario and Infernape will demolish it one on one, though it does stand a better chance if it uses Seismic Toss.

Cloyster: This can be a problem when he uses Shell Smash, but i usually KO him with Alakazam's Hidden Power Fire or Focus Blast. I also have Bullet Punch on Lucario to get him if he tries to Shell Smash.

Conkeldurr: Most of the Conkeludrr I've faced tend to Bulk Up ones, so Psychic from Alakazam always OHKOs him. Dracoe Meteor and Hydro Pump from Kingdra KOs him as well.
Deoxys-D:
  • Fast Spiker - I can't think of a way to stop his Spikes, I don't have taunt to stop him. I just have to hope Infernape's Fire Blast gets close to 2HKO
Donphan: Donphan only has Rapid Spin, Stealth Rock, Earthquake, and Ice Shard. Special Attacks are a threat to him, so Kingdra's Hydro Pump and Draco Meteor will OHKO him. If not I go to Alakazam's Psychic.

Dragonite: Dragonite is generally a giant threat for any team this generation. However, the biggest key to removing opposing Dragonite is getting Stealth Rock down early on in the match. With this, I ensure that Dragonite's Multiscale no longer functions. Then I switch to Infernape which KOs him with Hidden Power Ice

Dugtrio: Dugtrio is actually a troublesome Pokémon to face b/c of his Focus Sash and Arena Trap. I try to start with Infernape to use U-turn to break the sash then switch to Salamence with a prediction of Earthquake.

Espeon: Espeon is generally only seen on Baton Pass or sun teams, I don't really have a clear check to him sadly. I just have to use U-turn from Infernape and weaken him.

Ferrothorn: Ferrothorn is just bait for Alakazam. Hidden Power Fire will almost OHKO, plus I have Infernape to truly get rid of him if needed.

Forretress: Forretress does nothing other than set up entry hazards and use Rapid Spin. I generally just switch to Lucario or Infernape to break his Sturdy and proceed to Fire Blast from Infernape or Hidden Power Fire from Alakazam.

Garchomp:
  • Sword Dance -
  • Choice Scarf - I haven't seen this yet, but can be a problem, b/c Infernape can't OHKO him, but I can weaken him with Forretress

Gastrodon: Under the rain, Gastrodon’s STAB becomes even more troublesome, I don’t have a true check to him. I just have to wear him down with scouting and pick on his weak physical defense.

Genesect: With Alazakam being the bait to lure out Genesect, he will be surprisingly OHKO by Hidden Power Fire, and Infernape is the back up, so he can't start sweeping through my team as well.

Gengar: As long as I have a +2 from Lucario I can guarentee a OHKO with Bullet Punch. But if not, I set up Rain Dance from Kingdra and OHKO with Hydro Pump

Gliscor:
  • Swords Dance - I try to bait him with Infernape so that he can use Earthquake then switch to Salamence
  • Substitute + Protect -
Hydreigon - I immediately start with Infernape to use U-turn which gets close to OHKO then I just finish him with Priorty from Lucario.
Landorus - Infernape outspeeds him and OHKO with Hidden Power Ice all the time, also I have Kingdra to change the weather and KO him with Hydro Pump.

Jirachi - Despite the 60% chance of getting HAX from Jirachi, he isn't too much of a trouble. I have Infernape to deal with him with Jirachi outside of rain. I mostly see him on Rain teams, so Kingdra outspeeds Jirachi under the rain and Hydro Pump OHKOs him.

Ninjask -
When my opponent leads with him, I lead with Lucario and Swords Dance alongside him and get the priorty jump on Ninjask before he can Baton Pass.
Toxicroak - Infernape's Fire Blast KOs him,but he can be tricky under rain teams b/c Kingdra's Hydro Pump and Waterfall are useless so I have to go with Draco Meteor, but I go to Alakazam and expect a Sucker Punch and survive with Focus Sash then KO him with Psychic.

Thundurus-T
- Infernape outspeeds him with Choice Scarf.

Tyranitar:
  • Specially Defensive - I know he has Fire Blast, so I set up Stealth Rock with Forretress, or I can start with Infernape and U-turn. Then switch to Lucario to threaten him out.
Starmie:
  • Life Orb - U-turn from Infernape weakens Starmie then I KO him with Priorty from Lucario
  • Rapid Spin -
  • Choice Specs -
Venusaur: I mostly see him in the Sun, but I believe Choice Scarf Infernape outspeeds him and KOs him with Fire Blast.

Volcarona:

• Offensive Quiver Dance - As long as I have Stealth Rock Volcarona is severely weakened.
  • Bulky Quiver Dance / Roost -

Hey Slowking12 i got your request!

Looking at your team it seems quite weak to Thunderous-T. The Choice Scarf varaints outspeed your whole team and can hit Lucario hard with Focus Blast while resisting Bullet Punch, he can also outspeed and ohko Salamence with Hidden Power [Ice] and can even sweep your team late game with Thunder if the oppurtunity arises. With no Electric-type resists Thunderous-T can also freely spam Volt Switch wearing your team down and giving your opponent switch advanatage. Life Orb Agility varaints are also threatening for your team because they can sweep your team after an Agility because he can outspeed your whole team and has Life Orb to boost the power of his moves. The Agility set also has the exact same coverage as the Choice Scarf set letting it net a few super effective hits on your team while it can abuse the fact that you have no Electric-type resists. Your team also has no pokemon that can switch into a Choice Specs Tornadus-T Hurricane.

To help remedy your problem to these two pokemon i suggest Sub+CM Jirachi>Lucario Jirachi still provides you with a great Steel-type and set up sweeper. However Jirachi can also take a Choice Specs Hurricane from Tornadus-T and can infact set up on Tornadus-T and Thunderous-T. Although you may think changing Lucario for a special attacker will make you weak to Blissey, with Psyshock Jirachi can beat the pink blobs one on one. Also with two great Life Orb sweepers (Salamence, Kingdra) the loss of Lucario isn't to bad for your team and Jirachi brings a lot to the table such as helping you against those two therians.

Good luck with the team i hope i helped!

Sets

Jirachi @ Leftovers | Serene Grace
Timid | 252 Hp / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Calm Mind | Substitute | Thunderbolt | Psyshock

Tl;dr

Jirachi--->Lucario

~Superpowerdude

Welcome back Slowking, I like this team. But I feel that your team struggles with Breloom and Volcorano. Mostly teams that stall out offensive teams. Your team is offensive and struggles with stall teams. I agree with Superpowerdude, that Thundurus-T outspeeds your team, but he doesn't outspeeds Choice Scarf Infernape. Maybe change out Reuniclus for Alakazam. He's faster than Thunudurus-T and is a just as strong as Reuniclus with the Life Orb.

So maybe switch out Reuniclus for Life Orb Timid Alazakam

hi there,

interesting team, with a great use of kingdra, a really underrated 'mon in the current metagame. looking over your team, i'd say that you have a lot of trouble breaking through more defensively inclined teams, especially with kingdra and lucario not being able to do anything really without setting up, or even reuniclus without a trick room up. you also seem pretty weak to opposing offensive teams. your only switch really is forretress, who really cannot do anything back but setup hazards, while being used for setup fodder for things such as sub sd terrakion and any other boosting 'mon that commonly carries substitute. to help with all of these problems, i'd suggest you try out a calm mind reuniclus over your current offensive trick room set. cm reuniclus patches up a lot of the problems your team has, mainly being able to switch into terrakion and other physical attackers, while giving you a great answer against defensive teams and a much more reliable check to variants of thundurus-t. it also helps because the recovery is nice for being able to continually switch into random hits, as forretress really cannot switch in all that often with no recovery. this also works because when under trick room, everything but forretress is essentially much slower, which can turn momentum in your opponent's favour.

but yeah, like i said you have big problems against offense as forretress is a sitting duck against common members of offensive teams, especially as you lack no attacking move. i think you should try gyro ball somewhere on forretress's set, probably over spikes, but it's all preference really. i'm not sure how many times you've really gotten up all your hazards with forretress and reliably spinned your opponents away, but you still lose to sub sd terrakion and other boosting 'mons. everytime it switches in, something dies on your team, same thing goes with mamoswine, tornadus-t and other fast sweepers. gyro ball allows you to hit these harder, preventing terrakion from setting up an sd or mamoswine getting up sr. i think it would be much more practical than spikes on this team, and it'd have some merit rather than spikes you won't set up 9/10 matches.

i think your team is really lacking a solid wall breaker. even sd lucario has some trouble breaking through whole teams, even after a swords dance. i think there are much better options for this team you can try, even something like your own sub sd terrakion, as it helps you out immensely against genesect while posing a much bigger threat after an sd. terrakion can also break through gliscor at +2, while lucario has to run ice punch to do so. this is all just preference really, but i feel like there are much better options for your team than lucario, especially given that you don't seem like you're reliably getting up all your hazards in every match.

if you still want to use lucario, feel free to disregard my suggestion, but i'd suggest running ice punch > bullet punch on lucario and switching over to a jolly nature. everything that bullet punch hits (terrakion, mamoswine, faster sweepers in general) can be dealt with by cm reuniclus if you choose to go with that change, while jolly allows you to beat opposing jolly breloom and jolly mamoswine, both of which are common and can beat adamant lucario. jolly is also good because if you use ice punch you drop one priority move, and the extra speed with jolly compensates for that loss. also for ice punch, it gives you a much easier time against gliscor, while also aiding against dragons who are the few pokemon that can switch into your current +2 lucario.

also a small change for kingdra's ev spread, you might want to change it to 40 hp / 36 atk / 204 satk / 228 spe. 40 hp moves you up to the next highest stealth rock number while also giving you a life orb number of hp, while you keep the 36 atk for 2hkoing blissey etc. bumping up to 228 speed means you now outspeed up to base 130s such as scarf latios and gengar under rain, arguably the fastest relevant benchmark you need to hit. the rest is thrown into satk for maximum offensive capabilities.

good luck!

hi there,

interesting team, with a great use of kingdra, a really underrated 'mon in the current metagame. looking over your team, i'd say that you have a lot of trouble breaking through more defensively inclined teams, especially with kingdra and lucario not being able to do anything really without setting up, or even reuniclus without a trick room up. you also seem pretty weak to opposing offensive teams. your only switch really is forretress, who really cannot do anything back but setup hazards, while being used for setup fodder for things such as sub sd terrakion and any other boosting 'mon that commonly carries substitute. to help with all of these problems, i'd suggest you try out a calm mind reuniclus over your current offensive trick room set. cm reuniclus patches up a lot of the problems your team has, mainly being able to switch into terrakion and other physical attackers, while giving you a great answer against defensive teams and a much more reliable check to variants of thundurus-t. it also helps because the recovery is nice for being able to continually switch into random hits, as forretress really cannot switch in all that often with no recovery. this also works because when under trick room, everything but forretress is essentially much slower, which can turn momentum in your opponent's favour.
I'll try out Calm Mind Reuniclus, I like the idea of getting the jump on faster sweepers. But the chance to OHKO Genesect is crucial for getting rid of that threat.

I was thinking about trying out Alakazam instead of Reuniclus.

but yeah, like i said you have big problems against offense as forretress is a sitting duck against common members of offensive teams, especially as you lack no attacking move. i think you should try gyro ball somewhere on forretress's set, probably over spikes, but it's all preference really. i'm not sure how many times you've really gotten up all your hazards with forretress and reliably spinned your opponents away, but you still lose to sub sd terrakion and other boosting 'mons. everytime it switches in, something dies on your team, same thing goes with mamoswine, tornadus-t and other fast sweepers. gyro ball allows you to hit these harder, preventing terrakion from setting up an sd or mamoswine getting up sr. i think it would be much more practical than spikes on this team, and it'd have some merit rather than spikes you won't set up 9/10 matches.
You were right about "you won't set up 9/10 matches", I don't get a chance to set up Spikes majority of the game and I have trouble with Terrakion and Mamoswine. Gyro Ball will help with the defensive mons, so I'll make the change from Spikes>Gyro Ball.

also a small change for kingdra's ev spread, you might want to change it to 40 hp / 36 atk / 204 satk / 228 spe. 40 hp moves you up to the next highest stealth rock number while also giving you a life orb number of hp, while you keep the 36 atk for 2hkoing blissey etc. bumping up to 228 speed means you now outspeed up to base 130s such as scarf latios and gengar under rain, arguably the fastest relevant benchmark you need to hit. the rest is thrown into satk for maximum offensive capabilities.
Thanks for the suggestion. I like the idea of adding HP evs to help with the Life Orb and Stealth Rock number. Also I was getting annoyed with getting outsped by Latios and Gengar. The 204 Special attack is a drop from 252 special attack and might be crucial in getting KOs.

I'm currently testing out Alakazam in replacement of Reuniclus, for another revenge killer.

Longest Pokemon story ive ever seen! (Didnt bother reading it haha sorry)

Okay you asked for my help/ thoughts, so im going to give them to you!

@SPD - I only ever have seen Tornadus T on a drizzle team, and choiced Tornadus's are underwhelming in power so im going to go out on a limb and say Kingdra got this. If not scarfed, then an hydro Pump/ waterfall will OHKO after rocks, and if scarfed then id say he can still handle it. But its a Tornadus T so its going to be a threat anyway.

Now, Ino this costs you your "core" but i feel Alakazam > Reuniclus here. Alakazam pulls off a similar set (minus TR) with brilliant coverage and he outspeeds the vast majority of the metagame anyway. Plus a sash set can give you an escape from Priority moves, and Genesect (unless he U-Turns) but then you get to hit the switch twice anyway
Most Gene are scarfed however a hell of a lot arnt, and would go for an RP on your Zam as they predict your switch. So dont switch! With a sash you always beat RP Genesect. Aswell as every other non scarfed Genesect. So dont over predict with that.

Heres the set:

Alakazam @ focus sash
Timid : 252 Spe | 252 SpA | 4 Hp
Psyshock | Hidden Power [fire] | Shadow Ball | Focus Blast

This set chooses more life time to fire off hits > life orbs, increased power. As in this meta, lots of pokes can OHKO zam. (Scizor, Gene etc) so its vital that you ruin there day with your coverage moves!

Hope my rate helped, good strong team here! Let me know how it goes on aswell.

Good Luck

Longest Pokemon story ive ever seen! (Didnt bother reading it haha sorry)

Okay you asked for my help/ thoughts, so im going to give them to you!

@SPD - I only ever have seen Tornadus T on a drizzle team, and choiced Tornadus's are underwhelming in power so im going to go out on a limb and say Kingdra got this. If not scarfed, then an hydro Pump/ waterfall will OHKO after rocks, and if scarfed then id say he can still handle it. But its a Tornadus T so its going to be a threat anyway.

Now, Ino this costs you your "core" but i feel Alakazam > Reuniclus here. Alakazam pulls off a similar set (minus TR) with brilliant coverage and he outspeeds the vast majority of the metagame anyway. Plus a sash set can give you an escape from Priority moves, and Genesect (unless he U-Turns) but then you get to hit the switch twice anyway
Most Gene are scarfed however a hell of a lot arnt, and would go for an RP on your Zam as they predict your switch. So dont switch! With a sash you always beat RP Genesect. Aswell as every other non scarfed Genesect. So dont over predict with that.

Heres the set:

Alakazam @ focus sash
Timid : 252 Spe | 252 SpA | 4 Hp
Psyshock | Hidden Power [fire] | Shadow Ball | Focus Blast

This set chooses more life time to fire off hits > life orbs, increased power. As in this meta, lots of pokes can OHKO zam. (Scizor, Gene etc) so its vital that you ruin there day with your coverage moves!

Hope my rate helped, good strong team here! Let me know how it goes on aswell.

Good Luck
Thanks for the suggestion on Alakazam. it has work perfectly for the team. It functions just as well as Reuniclus did, but now I have 3 revenge killers on my team.

I'm currently testing out Intimidate Dragon Dance Salamence. Would this be good in replacement for the current one I'm running right now?

Now that you've add Alakazam. I feel that your team is weak against physical attackers. I see that Forretress is the only Pokemon on your team that can take some physical attacker, but once he's gone your team struggles with Outrage from Dragons. Lucario just isn't strong enough to take those Dragon moves. I'm not saying get rid of Lucario, but I'm just pointing something out that I feel is a problem with your team. I do however like that your team has 3 revenge sweepers on your team.

I like the idea of using Intimidate on Salamence, b/c you can force a threat out with a drop in attack and then proceed to Dragon Dance and you will then Speed tie Choice Scarf Jirachi. So I would try that out, but you will need to use Naive nature to speed tie Choice Scarf Jirachi.

TGMD

ƧÏÐÈ¥¯ÏĈ¼Á°¿±³´µ¶·¸¹º»ŤûŠť²ØéŋŌ
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey Slowking12, nice team!

First of all, your team is rather weak to opposing offense teams, the only thing that can take a hit on your team is Forretress. And it's not even physically defensive. LO Terrakion can 2HKO Forretress with Close Combat, Choice Band Terrakion can 2HKO it with Stone Edge, Mamoswine can 2HKO it with Earthquake after Stealth Rock damage, even Choice Scarf Terrakion can 2HKO ot with Close Combat after Stealth Rocks + Spikes. To help remedy this situation, I suggest running a Physically Defensive Forretress with a spread of: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef and a Relaxed Nature, over your current set. The extra bulk will be incredibly helpful for switching in on the powerful physical hits dished out by offensive teams, and allows you to avoid a majority of the 2HKOs listed above. Although you may miss the Special Defense, you don't lose too much, Forretress can only take weak, uninvested special hits in the first place, and Forretress does negligable damage to bulky special attackers anyway.

Anyway, I hope this rate helped and GL with the team :)

Hey Slowking12, nice team!

First of all, your team is rather weak to opposing offense teams, the only thing that can take a hit on your team is Forretress. And it's not even physically defensive. LO Terrakion can 2HKO Forretress with Close Combat, Choice Band Terrakion can 2HKO it with Stone Edge, Mamoswine can 2HKO it with Earthquake after Stealth Rock damage, even Choice Scarf Terrakion can 2HKO ot with Close Combat after Stealth Rocks + Spikes. To help remedy this situation, I suggest running a Physically Defensive Forretress with a spread of: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef and a Relaxed Nature, over your current set. The extra bulk will be incredibly helpful for switching in on the powerful physical hits dished out by offensive teams, and allows you to avoid a majority of the 2HKOs listed above. Although you may miss the Special Defense, you don't lose too much, Forretress can only take weak, uninvested special hits in the first place, and Forretress does negligable damage to bulky special attackers anyway.

Anyway, I hope this rate helped and GL with the team :)
Thanks for the rate GMD,

You and Sciztar both see that this team struggles against opposing offensive teams. Forretress is my go to person when I'm faced with those offensive threats you mentioned. It's special defense is weak and it doesn't take special attacks too well. So I'll make the change to Forretress' EV Spread.

I like the idea of using Intimidate on Salamence, b/c you can force a threat out with a drop in attack and then proceed to Dragon Dance and you will then Speed tie Choice Scarf Jirachi. So I would try that out, but you will need to use Naive nature to speed tie Choice Scarf Jirachi.
Sciztar, so far this suggestion is working out great, b/c the current Salamence set kept getting outsped. I like the Intimidate which forces my opponent to either switch out their Pokemon or keep them in with their attack cut in half. Plus Dragon Dance helps me stop other Choice Scarf Pokemon that want to try to out run Salamence.

Thanks for the suggestion on Alakazam. it has work perfectly for the team. It functions just as well as Reuniclus did, but now I have 3 revenge killers on my team.

I'm currently testing out Intimidate Dragon Dance Salamence. Would this be good in replacement for the current one I'm running right now?
Hmmmmm I dont know. I have never really used Salamence.. (Probebly should haha) personally id say moxie > intimidate just because the ability imo outclasses intimidate, but just test it. And you dont have three revenge killers. You have an offensive team :D welcome to the dark side ;)

Glad my suggestion helped!

Your team is ultra weak to Tornandus-T and Thundurus-T.And on forretress remove leftovers and put red card instead as it will help u set up.And well try jolly infernape instead of hasty
That's a not a good idea. I have special attacks on Infernape, if I run Jolly my special attacks will be weakened. Plus Infernape outspeeds Thundurus-T. I need Infernape to get rid of Genesect as well.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Cool team you got here! I really like the way it is built and how you use an underrated threat to great success along with some other original choices.

However as many have noted, you have a big weakness to stuff like Tornadus - T, Thundurus - T, and some other bulky waters. This is a solid team and I like it a lot, but I do suggest changing up Alakazam to a Bulky Rotom-W to combat these threats. Rotom-W does not make you lose any momentum, and also gives you another Scald and Hurricane Absorber against Rain.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers | Levitate
248 HP / 216 SDef / 36 SAtk / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

Good luck!

Interesting team Slowking,

I feel that the Life Orb recoil makes Salamence an easier target to be revenged killed. Why don't you switch out Life Orb and put Lum Berry. Now you can easily abuses Salamence's best STAB and not have to worry about it confusing. Also the Lum Berry will help with other status, Salamence is an easy taget for Thunder Wave and Will-o-wisp.

IMO, I would drop Intimidate and go with Moxie, but if Intimidate is working great for you, then stick with it.

You mentioned that Deoxys-D is a problem and it's entry Hazard, i think you should make this team into a Hyper Offense and add Espeon or Xatu to prevent Deoxys-D from setting up entry hazards on your side of the field.

Those are my suggestions and i hoped I helped with this team. The story has some few grammatical issues and some incomplete sentences. i understand the story but the ending is a bit undone. Other than that i like it.

Interesting team Slowking,

I feel that the Life Orb recoil makes Salamence an easier target to be revenged killed. Why don't you switch out Life Orb and put Lum Berry. Now you can easily abuses Salamence's best STAB and not have to worry about it confusing. Also the Lum Berry will help with other status, Salamence is an easy taget for Thunder Wave and Will-o-wisp.

IMO, I would drop Intimidate and go with Moxie, but if Intimidate is working great for you, then stick with it.

You mentioned that Deoxys-D is a problem and it's entry Hazard, i think you should make this team into a Hyper Offense and add Espeon or Xatu to prevent Deoxys-D from setting up entry hazards on your side of the field.

Those are my suggestions and i hoped I helped with this team. The story has some few grammatical issues and some incomplete sentences. i understand the story but the ending is a bit undone. Other than that i like it.
I appreciate the suggestions Ace Trainer,

I do agree with it on how Salamence is an easier target for priority moves from the recoil damage from Life Orb. So I'll test out Lum Berry on Salamence. I'm probably not going to change Salamence's ability because most people don't expect Intimidate on Salamence anymore b/c of Moxie, so the surprise gives me a chance to set up on Pokemon and start sweeping. But I will try out Dragon Dance Moxie Salamence.

I'm not to sure about the Hyper Offense. But the magic bounce user does sound like a good idea. Xatu sounds like a better choice seeing how it's bulkier than Espeon. The next question is, who to take out for either one of them? I love Alakazam on this team.

Bumping for more suggestions. I changed the item on Salamence to the Lum Berry after testing on PO and he has been doing great at dropping some threats attack in half. Without Forretress to help get rid of the entry hazards I can't truly abuse Salamence's Intimidate ability to get rid of a boosting sweeper without the fear of 25% HP lost everytime I switch in with Salamence. I'm still testing out Xatu or Espeon for the team.

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Nice team, great use of kingdra but i definitely see some weaknesses.

Forretress is going to lose you a lot of momentum, despite you having volt switch. It does pitiful amounts of damage with gyroball which ultimately just gives your opponent free turns to set up. Unfortunately, the best stealth rockers on offensive teams are legendaries (Terrakion, deoxys) or bring their own weather.

I believe a Mamoswine can definitely help with the offensive pace of this team. With Endeavor and Sash you can potentially take out 2 pokemon (almost always at least 1) and set up stealth rock along the way. mamoswine can also be used as an emergency check to dragons and make Heatran a lot less useful on your opponent's team.

Mamoswine (M) @ Focus Sash Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor

Additionally, you should give Lucario 4 Spdef EVs so that gene gets an attack boost when switching in on it.

If you want to really make this team competitive, I would suggest using a Keldeo over infernape. I understand you dislike using legendaries, but Keldeo and Kingdra form a great offensive core and Keldeo is imo the best late game sweeper in OU right now. It has great speed with choice scarf, handles both sand and rain teams very well (you have rain dance on kingdra for sun teams anyway), and it has decent defenses to switch in to a few attacks. Kingdra and Keldeo have some of the same checks/counters so if you weaken them enough the other will be able to clean up.

Nice team, great use of kingdra but i definitely see some weaknesses.

Forretress is going to lose you a lot of momentum, despite you having volt switch. It does pitiful amounts of damage with gyroball which ultimately just gives your opponent free turns to set up. Unfortunately, the best stealth rockers on offensive teams are legendaries (Terrakion, deoxys) or bring their own weather.

I believe a Mamoswine can definitely help with the offensive pace of this team. With Endeavor and Sash you can potentially take out 2 pokemon (almost always at least 1) and set up stealth rock along the way. mamoswine can also be used as an emergency check to dragons and make Heatran a lot less useful on your opponent's team.

Mamoswine (M) @ Focus Sash Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock
- Endeavor

Additionally, you should give Lucario 4 Spdef EVs so that gene gets an attack boost when switching in on it.

If you want to really make this team competitive, I would suggest using a Keldeo over infernape. I understand you dislike using legendaries, but Keldeo and Kingdra form a great offensive core and Keldeo is imo the best late game sweeper in OU right now. It has great speed with choice scarf, handles both sand and rain teams very well (you have rain dance on kingdra for sun teams anyway), and it has decent defenses to switch in to a few attacks. Kingdra and Keldeo have some of the same checks/counters so if you weaken them enough the other will be able to clean up.
Thanks for the rate Chimpakt.

You have mentioned a very important problem that has been ticking me off when ever I start laddering on PO. Forretress. Forretress has been losing momentum to the team. Forretress is constantly being set up on, because just as you mentioned Gyro Ball does laughable damage and the Pokemon that set up on Forretress are Garchomp, Haxarous, and other dragons. I have only concern with substituting Forretress with other Stealth Rock Pokemon. The concern is while Forretress was losing momentum for the team, he was my defensive pivot and my only way of getting rid of the Entry Hazards on my side of the field. But I have noticed that 3/10 of the times I got the opportunity to use Rapid Spin and which led to me losing Forretress.

The Mamoswine you suggested sounds like a better Pokemon to threatened opposing Dragons that would give Kingdra problems when Kingdra tries to set up Rain Dance to become faster than them. Now I don't understand how Endeavor works, I know it's annoying as hell. Can someone please tell me what I have to do, because I'm trying to test out Mamoswine.

Also I changed Lucario's Defense EVs to Special Defense EVs to not allow Genesect to get a special attack boost.

So far the testing for Mamoswine has been good and the better check to Dragons has greatly helped Kingdra and Salamence greatly. I'm almost done testing Mamoswine.

Any more suggestions guys will be greatly appreciated. Don't forget to Luvdisc.

Updated the team

I have replaced Forretress for Focus Sash Mamoswine. Now I have a better check to Dragons and I still keep the offensive momentum on the team. I'm wondering should I change Mamoswine's Nature to Jolly?

Apparently on Pokemon Showdown, i was running Jolly Nature Lucario? Should I keep that or drop it to Adamant. The Power increase will be seen, but the speed decrease will also be seen or will it?

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Hey man! im so sorry, i completely forgot about it :[

Well, there are many suggestions right here, but what i can see first is that nothing on your team can take an specs hurricane from Tornadus-T.

As PDC said, you could try Specially defensive Rotom-W instead of alakazam. He can take Hurricanes the whole day and also cripple sweepers with WoW while recovering with Pain-Split.

Here the Rotom-W set:
@Leftovers | Levitate
Calm nature | 252 hp / 244 Sdef / 12 Spe
Volt Switch / Will-o-Wisp / Pain Split / Hydro Pump

The 12 speed evs let you outspeed adamant Toxicroak and w-o-w before he can sub.

Hope i helped :] And sorry again...

EDIT: PDC already posted a set, but you could try this one, i like it a lot.
Also, the techique with endeavor on Mamo is to predict and opponent´s attack that would OHKO mamo and use endeavor to have the two pokes with 1 hp and then use ice shard. That set sucks for me, i cant use it never.

~LilOu

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey there, got the request,

So I would heavily recommend PDC's suggestion of Sp Def Rotom. It really helps your team get momentum, and is a good answer to Tornadus-T who seems pretty threatening atm. However, I would suggest running Will-O-Wisp over Thunder Wave. This will help to lure and neuter Pokemon like Ferrothorn who hard wall your Kingdra.

Also the idea behind using Endeavor is that you can almost always take one Pokemon down with you. If you are playing a slower Pokemon, you can set rocks as they bring you down to Sash, then endeavor while they kill. They can no longer switch out because they will die to hazards on switch and that Pokemon is essentially dead. Vs faster Pokemon, you can endeavor as they hit you and bring you down to sash, and then Ice Shard them for the kill. Of course the best scenario is to get rocks on the switch then endeavor/kill afterwords so you take down a Pokemon and get hazards. On that note, I would suggest making Mamoswine a Jolly Nature. This lets Mamoswine have an easier time Endeavor'ing opponents, and also makes it a pretty decent check to SD Loom which your team would be slightly weaker to if you do choose Rotom-W.

Anyways, hope I helped gl.

Hey man! im so sorry, i completely forgot about it :[

Well, there are many suggestions right here, but what i can see first is that nothing on your team can take an specs hurricane from Tornadus-T.

As PDC said, you could try Specially defensive Rotom-W instead of alakazam. He can take Hurricanes the whole day and also cripple sweepers with WoW while recovering with Pain-Split.

Here the Rotom-W set:
@Leftovers | Levitate
Calm nature | 252 hp / 244 Sdef / 12 Spe
Volt Switch / Will-o-Wisp / Pain Split / Hydro Pump

The 12 speed evs let you outspeed adamant Toxicroak and w-o-w before he can sub.

Hope i helped :] And sorry again...

EDIT: PDC already posted a set, but you could try this one, i like it a lot.
Also, the techique with endeavor on Mamo is to predict and opponent´s attack that would OHKO mamo and use endeavor to have the two pokes with 1 hp and then use ice shard. That set sucks for me, i cant use it never.

~LilOu
Hey thanks for the rate LilOu, Also thank you for helping me understand how to use Endeavor. At first I thought it was a priority move but then I kept realizing is that an Adamant Nature on Mamoswine just wasn't fast enough and Breloom was getting on my nerves. The Rotom-W set is good to help sponge hurricanes from Tornadus-T, but when I was testing him a while back Rotom just didn't have the offensive power as I wanted. I will try him out again but Alakazam is doing great on the team.
Hey there, got the request,

So I would heavily recommend PDC's suggestion of Sp Def Rotom. It really helps your team get momentum, and is a good answer to Tornadus-T who seems pretty threatening atm. However, I would suggest running Will-O-Wisp over Thunder Wave. This will help to lure and neuter Pokemon like Ferrothorn who hard wall your Kingdra.

Also the idea behind using Endeavor is that you can almost always take one Pokemon down with you. If you are playing a slower Pokemon, you can set rocks as they bring you down to Sash, then endeavor while they kill. They can no longer switch out because they will die to hazards on switch and that Pokemon is essentially dead. Vs faster Pokemon, you can endeavor as they hit you and bring you down to sash, and then Ice Shard them for the kill. Of course the best scenario is to get rocks on the switch then endeavor/kill afterwords so you take down a Pokemon and get hazards. On that note, I would suggest making Mamoswine a Jolly Nature. This lets Mamoswine have an easier time Endeavor'ing opponents, and also makes it a pretty decent check to SD Loom which your team would be slightly weaker to if you do choose Rotom-W.

Anyways, hope I helped gl.
Thanks for the rate Dragonuser, I've tried to use special defensive Rotom-W before, but i didn't have the offensive power that I wanted. Plus Alakazam is great on the team. He lets me outspeed a lot of threats without him having to set up.

I'm currently testing out Jolly Nature on Lucario

I'm retesting Specially Defensive Rotom-W for the check to Tornadus-T

I do have a question, do you recommend switching Lucario's nature to Jolly to help get the jump on certain threats. But I'm afraid the lost in power will be seen?

If anyone has anymore suggestions I'm open to suggestions for the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)