HALO 4 Thread (Everyone Allowed, No Spoilers)

In Infinity Slayer, Regen Field is working wonders for me. When you're dueling with a single player, you can hang back in a corner, activate the field, and get a little advantage in the resuming firefight. Slow, but I like it.

I'd love to have some games with you guys, if anyone's willing.

I decided to buy it. Not because i really want to play it but because none of my homies want to play Gears of War right now. Going back to Reach is a little weird. COD and now Gears 3 let you die so fast and its weird having to aim for heads again.

You're completely missing the entire storyline of the games then. The Halo story set by Bungie is incredibly complex and extremely well written. One can play the game a hundred times and still miss what's going on under the surface if you're not actively trying to understand what is going on.

To clear some stuff up about Halo 2, you switch between John and the Arbiter so that you are able to experience the Covenant Civil War from the Arbiter's perspective whereas exploring the reasons for it would be impossible from John's point of view.

The first level with the Arbiter occurs on a gas mining station above Threshold. In a previous cutscene, Vandamee assumed the roll of Arbiter due to his failures to protect Alpha Halo in CE. His job was to head to the mining station and eliminate the heretics there before they could spread anymore "lies." The actual purpose of that mission is so the prophets suppress the truth about the covenant; reclaimer was misinterpreted as reclamation and the prophets ignored this fact as revealed by Mendicant Bias so they could protect their power.

At the end of CE, Guilty Spark floats over to the research station / mining facility and is met by the elite heretic leader. Guilty Spark informs them of humanity's succession to the Forerunners as reclaimers, etc and so the heretic elite realizes that the prophets have been manipulating them.

That's the basics for the arbiter's first level in Halo 2, there are far deeper consequences to the prophet's manipulation, this is just one factor and step in the plan to replace elites with brutes in the Covenant.

Mendicant Bias is a name few who played the Halo 3 campaign (from my experiences at least) are familiar with, yet he is an incredibly important character who set in motion a chain of events that is reason for many things taken for granted in the Halo universe. His story culminates with his redemption for past sins, and the "beef" of his story is explained within text alone in Halo 3. This is stuff that really contributes to the Halo universe, too often completely ignored.
Thanks man i appreciate it. Why hasn't Microsoft released Halo 2 on XBL? Haven't played that game in so long. And it's the reason why i never got into the story. Since i always played with people and we just skipped through everything. Since then i just skip the story because i missed all that.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Thanks man i appreciate it. Why hasn't Microsoft released Halo 2 on XBL? Haven't played that game in so long. And it's the reason why i never got into the story. Since i always played with people and we just skipped through everything. Since then i just skip the story because i missed all that.
Hopefully its because a remake is coming (the final terminal video in the anniversary addition of 1 heavily hints at such). Also, Halo 4 doesn't draw that much on previous lore besides Cortana and Chief's relationship, so it'd be a great time to start paying attention (especially considering its the first of a trilogy).

I decided to buy it. Not because i really want to play it but because none of my homies want to play Gears of War right now.
Bro you play gow? You should add me. My time is limited these days but if you want to shoot me a FR I'd accept it, just send me a message telling me you go on smogon if you do. (unless your name is obv)

The rest of you can add me too for Halo 4, but GoW is still my main game. Again, just send me a message saying who you are.

GT: Mike N Ike

I'll try not to spoil anything... I guess I'm going to be the guy with the unpopular opinion, but I think the campaign was pretty shitty. The end of it felt too much like a COD sequence, and how you end up winning just seems really stupid. Only one of the missions had a truly memorable scene for me (I should be able to say "piles of ashes" for you all to know what I'm talking about), there were a few too many of the "blow these three things up to move on" kinds of objectives, and Chief just didn't seem as badass as he used to be. Yeah, that last bit seems a little childish of me to say, but it just doesn't feel like a true Halo game to me if I don't feel like a badass (that's why I've never considered ODST to be a true Halo game), and having Chief constantly being tossed around and talked down to was a bit of a bummer.

The funny thing is that even though I'm pretty disappointed with the campaign, I still think the game was absolutely brilliant. Most of the problems I had with Reach were fixed, I'm in love with the new guns (Burstshot, Scattershot, Incineration Rifle, oh my God), the gameplay is still solid, the controls are tight, the music is still epic, and the multiplayer maps are a nostalgia fest that every Halo fan can enjoy. I haven't done too much online play yet, but I'm pretty interested in the Spartan Ops and how those missions are going to work.

The game is very very good! I am loving all the new guns and especially the binary rifle! Originally i thought the binary rifle was total shit seeing as it is essentially a Sniper Rifle with only two bullets in a clip. However then i realised it is ony one shot to kill someone IT DOESNT EVEN HAVE TO BE TO THE HEAD!!!!!!!! Promethean Vision is also very useful

and Chief just didn't seem as badass as he used to be.
(spoilers)
I don't know, I thought that part where he smashed a nuclear warhead with his bare hands was pretty badass.

But I do see where you're coming from. 343 wanted to focus on the "human element" of Chief in H4, so he's less of the silent gung-ho hero as he was in the previous installments. Which isn't a bad thing by any means; it's nice to get a better look at the personality of the main protagonist, and a little bit of elaboration on how the SPARTANS felt that they were more than just soldiers.

this game rulez

however it annoys me since i expect to be averaging what i did in reach (or at least go two for one). its harder to 'fix' your k/d as such as you cant play as defensively anymore. there arent many opportunities where you can boost your k/d incredibly easily (think sniper on hemorrhage, banshee on spire etc) or at least i havent found them.

im not sure about the popularity of multiplayer here, but what are your thoughts on the mantis and what is your typical loadout?

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
If you want to go for k/d, It'd probably be best to just play Regicide games and pick off people rushing towards the king (you probably won't win points wise, but you'll get a very good k/d ratio).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)