The United (Peaked #70)

The UNITED

Introduction

Hello everyone, after a long time a decided to make a new RMT with a team I had decent success with. I peaked #70 at the OU ladder. However, it took me a while to find the right game-play for this team. This team's building process was the longest building process of all my teams. At first i didnt really have much success, however, after a week or two i started constantly winning and in 1 day i reached #70. I could have made a much bigger success but I had to go on a vacation. So I couldnt ladder any more. All this happened 4 or 5 weeks ago.
This team is a balanced team made by my original style. Anyone who battled me or read some of my other RMT's know how a typical team of mine works. As in many of my teams the star Pokemon is Volcarona. Volcarona, in my opinion, is one of the best classical sweepers. It is very hard to keep it, however, it is worth it. In this team i gave Volcarona a role i have never given it before. Now, the whole team wont be made around it, rather Volcarona is just a brick of the whole team just like every other Pokemon in the team. Every Pokemon's role 'weighs' the same. Volcarona is just the main sweeper nothing else
I named this team 'The United' because the synergy of this team is nice and as i said every pokemon's role 'weighs' the same.
As all teams, my teams are not something you see everyday. Sometimes the combinations i make are successful sometimes not. I am open to all suggestions and i will carefully test and decide whether i should apply the change that was suggested or not. Without further ado; THE TEAM:

Building Process​

First of all i wanted to make my offensive core. Since i wanted to start of with Volcarona i wanted to eliminate its counters which are mainly the blobs, dragons or sometimes the therians. On the other hand, Volcarona deals with Mamoswine counters like Slowbro, Scizor or Jirachi

Both Volcarona and Mamoswine are weak to water especially gyarados. That meant i had to have a Pokemon that could hit water types with a super-effective move. I found the Pokemon i was looking for immediately;Thundurus-T. Thundurus-T deals with gyarados and more importantly rain. Rain is a big trouble for my team when thundurus-t is down. With thundurus-t on my team my offensive core is complete.

After finishing my offensive core i wanted to my defensive core. I didnt want to insert a core immediately. I wanted to go step-by-step process. I decided to start of with the physical defense. I firstly thought of Skarmory and the i was like: NO! Terrakion would be an extremely big threat. So i decide to use Slowbro. Slowbro does a great job in sponging the physical hits

Then, i wanted to find a special wall. I then realised that i missed a steel type pokemon. I doubt there is a team without a steel type pokemon. After realising that Lat@s are a big threat for my team i decide to try out Jirachi and it turned out to be a perfect decision. Jirachi simply destroyed the special attackers.

After finishing my defensive and offensive cores i needed my spinner because my team was pretty weak to hazards.It took me a lot of time to decide what spinner i need. After a long time of debating i decided to use hitmontop. The reason i chose Hitmontop is because i was lacking a fighting type pokemon. Also, i couldnt get rid of the blobs and ferrothorns easily so the idea came: A fighting type, with rapid spin.​

A look at the team

-------------------------------------------------------------​

In Detail:​

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]​

The special sweeper and the star of the team; Volcarona. I chose to use the classical set with maxed out special attack and speed because sometimes Volcarona can not sweep so i need max damage. With 1 Quiver Dance Volcarona can be very dangerous, however, with 2 Quiver Dances Volcarona is already sweeping the opponents team, except if the opponent has a Gyarados, Dragonite or Salamence alive. I chose HP ground on Volcarona because Gyarados, Dragonite and Salamence are countered by Mamoswine and Thundurus-t so i needed HP ground for Heatrans.​
There is not much more i can explain about Volcarona. It can easily find a set up bait and proceed to sweep unless the above mentioned threats come in. Another problem for Volcarona is rain. I didnt want to edit the set just because of rain because other Pokemon in this team have the role to deal with rain. As always, I wasnt sure whether to put Fiery Dance or Fire Blast. When i need power Fire blast is the better option, but after a lot of testing the accuracy and the Special attack boost do come in handy. So i decided to leave Fiery Dance.
To conlude, Volcarona is an unswitchable member of this team. It has enough power to OHKO many walls without speed. Its capability of finding a set up bait easily is a great thing. The only drawback, obviously, of Volcarona are Hazards.​

Synergy:
Rock: Hitmontop,Jirachi,
Water: Slowbro
Flying: Thundurus-t, Jirachi,

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>​

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Superpower
- Earthquake​

Mamoswine has many roles in this team. All of his roles are incredibly important for the team. First of all, he beats 90% of the Volcarona counters very efficiently. He kills Dragonite, Salamence with Ice shard and the bolbs with Superpower. With adamant nature and a band it is a definite OHKO on all the above mentioned Pokemon. He also OHKO's the Therians which is also crucially important. Without mamoswine, thundurus-t and tornadus-t could simply tear my team apart.​
Another important role of Mamoswine is finishing of fast pokemon with low health that could potentially do damage to my team. With and Adamant nature, max attack STAB Ice shard not many Pokemon can take the hit without taking at least 25% damage of their health. Bulkier Pokemon may take the hit better, however they are not a problem since bulky Pokemon are handled easily. All in all, Mamoswine is Volcarona's #1 partner in the offensive core. With his nice STAB combination and power he can tear whole into teams.​

Synergy:
Water: Slowbro
Fire : Slowbro
Fighting: Slowbro, Volcarona, Thundurus-t
Steel : Slowbro, Volcarona , Thundurus-t ,Jirachi
Grass: Volcarona, Jirachi, Thundurus-t

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>​

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psychic​

Slowbro is my main physical wall. His role is simple; Taking physical hits. When any physical pokemon wants to set up ,bar Breloom, the solution is Slowbro. Slowbro takes physical hits very well. Slowbro is very useful for gaining or taking back the momentum. Usually, when the opponent switches into a physically based Pokemon to counter or attack my Pokemon on the field I send in Slowbro and scare him off which gives me back the momentum. Slowbro has great synergy with the other members because it covers nearly all weaknesses of all members of the team. While Jirachi and Hitmontop cover Slowbro's weakness​
I chose to use Scald>Ice beam because i have Mamoswine for that role. Plus, Scald is STAB and can come in handy when fighting Pokemon that are weak to Water. Also, Scald can burn the opponent which is always useful. Psychic is here just because of the stab. In many occasions Psychic helped me KO a Pokemon and to a lot of damage. For ex: when i predict a breloom switch or a switch of any Pokemon that is weak to Psychic. It may be odd that i use Thunder Wave even though i have Jirachi, but Thunder Wave helps me cripple the opponent when i am helpless with Slowbro​

Synergy:
Grass: Volcarona, Jirachi, Thundurus-t
Bug: Volcarona, Jirachi, Thundurus-t,Hitmontop
Dark: Htimontop,Jirachi
Electric: Thundurus-t,Mamoswine
Ghost: None

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish​

Jirachi is the second member of the Defensive core. Jirachi is very important for taking special hits. It can stop many special attackers from sweeping just by Body Slam/Iron Head. It is particularly important because it stops Latios from crushing my team with Draco Meteor. Another important role of Jirachi is setting up the Stealth Rocks. I couldnt find a better Pokemon for Stealth rocks. It simply scares of a Pokemon and sets up Rocks if necessary. Wish is very important for recovering lost HP for both jirachi and mostly Hitmontop because it takes many hits while trying to spin away the hazards. Just as Slowbro, Jirachi gets this team a momentum when scaring off special attackers. Jirachi does this maybe even better than Slowbro because of its speed. Nothing else to say except that Jirachi is a very important member because of its capability of taking special hits.​

Synergy:
Ground:Thundurus-t
Fire: Slowbro

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunder/Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]​

Thundurus-t is a very crucial member of this team. He is the third Pokemon of my offensive core. He takes care of the rain that could be a potential problem to my team. His nice speed and very good special attack make his attacks nothing to laugh about. Thundurus-t makes a great offensive combo with Volcarona and Mamoswine.​
The moveset may seem weird on the first look. However, there is a background behind it. I have Focus Blast which is always necessary on a Thundurus-t. The hp fire is extremely useful against Genesects. I have won multiple battles just because of this hp fire. This hp fire also surprise Ferrothorns and Scizors. Now, I cant decide whether to use Thunder or Volt-switch. I battled with Thunder when i laddered but i understood that volt-switch is pretty necessary as well. So i will just leave both of them. To conclude, Thundurus-t has an important role in the team: Protect it from rain teams. However, it is also a revenge killer. The thing I especially like about this Pokemon is that its offensive pressure is pretty strong so i force out many switches.

Synergy:
Ice:Slowbro,Volcarona,Jirachi,
Rock:Jirachi,Hitmontop,

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 Def
Adamant Nature
- Toxic
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
- Sucker Punch

By looking at this Pokemon i know many of you might think: 'Why not Starmie?', 'Why not Tentacruel?', 'You have so many better options'.
Well Hitmontop does more than just rapid spin. Hitmontop is used to fight the blobs, Ferrothorn, and every Pokemon that is weak to fighting type. Hitmontop can also come against any physically based pokemon, Intimidate and either rapid spin, Close Combat or Toxic. This wide variety of possibilities gives me the advantage, because the opponent can not predict me.
This set is the mix of the on-site set and my set. I wanted toxic for predicting any counter to Hitmontop like Jellicent. Close Combat and rapid spin are obvious. Sucker punch is mainly used to finish off weakened pokemon by surprise. I put 252 evs in hp for maximum bulk. I divided the other 256 in attack and defense. I needed 128 attack to to as much damage as possible with Close Combat. The other 128 in defense were put there because Hitmontop mainly faces physical moves, i rarely switch him into special moves.

Synergy:
Psychic: Slowbro,Jirachi
Flying: Thundurus-t,Jirachi

Conclusion​

It was extremely fun for me to play with this team. I think that I could have had more success with it but ,yeah, my vacation didnt allow me. Anyways, i will shortly explain how this team works the best. It is most important that you keep hazards of the field and volcarona alive. Mamoswine and Thundurus-t should do the collateral damage. Slowbro and Jirachi should be used to sponge hits that are sent by the counters of the offensive part of the team.
Thank you all for your attention and i hope you also have a lot of fun with this team. Please feel free to rate. I will consider and test every rate carefully.

If you liked the team do not hesitate to luvdisc :D

The changes will be done in red

Importable

Volcarona @ Leftovers
Trait: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Superpower
- Earthquake

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Psychic

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Atk / 128 Def
Adamant Nature
- Toxic
- Close Combat
- Rapid Spin
- Sucker Punch

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Understand you've not finished this, but I kinda saw a small change regardless.

The first thing that I see that could mean trouble is that your team seems weak to Rain Teams, specifically Water-type attack spam. You have only one Water-type resist and its special bulk is lacking. Slowbro isn't going to be able to take multiple Hydro Pumps from Pokemon such as Keldeo in the Rain.

My first suggestion is to replace Hitmontop with Starmie. The set I recommend is:

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 216 Spd / 252 HP / 40 SDef
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

With Starmie you've got another Water-type resist and an awesome Keldeo check. Plus you keep your Rapid Spin support :)

Anyway I'll add more to this when I see your full team.

peng

Unmasked
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Seconding the general weakness to rain teams here. Keldeo outspeeds your entire team, completely walls Volcarona and OHKOs everything but Slowbro and Jirachi, who take up to 80% and 94% respectively from rain-boosted Specs Hydro Pump.

Just based on what I've seen of your team so far you could use Slowking over Slowbro. Slowking's excellent SDef and Regenerator means its a hard counter to Keldeo (takes 44% max from Rain-boosted Specs Hydro Pump and 46% max from Specs Hidden Power [Ghost]) and retaliates with Psyshock or Thunder Wave. It is never 2HKOd by LO Tornadus-T Hurricane and even Ferrothorn isn't that great an answer to it thanks to Scald's burn chance and Slowking's access to Fire Blast. Slowbro just seems to cause a lot of overlap on your team, as Terrakion is already dealt with okay by Hitmontop (I'm assuming its the physically defensive spinner here), and you already have physical dragons like Salamence and Dragonite decently covered between Hitmontop, Mamoswine, Jirachi and Thundurus (assuming its scarfed).

I'd also recommend using LO Mamoswine over your current set. Despite the raw power of Choice Band, it actually ends up being far easier to wall than Life Orb due to the large number of Pokemon that resist Ground- or Ice-type attacks. Locking yourself into the relatively weak Ice Shard, or the widely resisted Earthquake is just going to give some top tier threats like Genesect free set-up. The difference in power between LO and CB isn't too noticable but the ability to spam Earthquake knowing you won't be locked into it goes a long way in such an offensive metagame, where you can't give anything a free turn.

Sets:

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast / Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

I don't really want to change Volcarona on this team since its what you have built around, but it still feels a bit out of place on this team. If you really want to make the most of Volcarona you are best-off running sun, but that doesn't incorporate too well into this team. With the abundance of rain in BW2, non-hurricane Volcarona is a bit of a liability, so you should probably consider using a sun team. Problem is, I'd have to change 3 Pokemon at least here and I really dislike changing that much in a team. However, its a fact that the most successful Volcarona teams utilise sun, so check out these links if you are interested in getting the most out of Volcarona. This rate was just enough to give this team a decent match-up vs the common teams, but I haven't changed anything that would actually help execute a Volcarona sweep.

tl;dr
Slowking over Slowbro
LO Mamoswine
If you really want to make a top-tier Volcarona team in this meta you have to run your own weather (preferably Ninetales) so you don't get neutered by rain.
Consider starting over with Ninetales + Volcarona or alternatively just ditch Volcarona altogether imo!

I hope this doesn't come off as preachy or condescending or offensive or anything, but I hope you at least try to rebuild this team using Ninetales. I am sure you will get much better results with Volcarona when you're not up against permanent rain every other battle! Good luck!

edit now that you've finished: you should also probably use 252 HP / 252 Def Impish Hitmontop. This reduces the need for Slowbro since they cover practically the same mons. Even if you don't use Slowking your team is still massively rain weak and Starmie over Hitmontop doesn't patch-up that issue. Starmie can't switch-in on Specs Politoed and Keldeo at all, is outsped and takes 85%+ from LO Torn-T, and can't spin against Ferrothorn. Starmie is a shoddy rain check at best.

LO Mamoswine beats Dragons just as well as Choice Band without being set-up fodder for everything after using Ice Shard.

Volt Switch over Thunder on Thundurus since its one of the few reasons you'd use it over other special scarfers. Also probably Hidden Power [Ice] over [Fire] is preferable because Genesect is already in Thunderbolt KO range after 2 SR switch-ins whereas Hidden Power [Ice] means you can actually revenge kill stuff.

Understand you've not finished this, but I kinda saw a small change regardless.

The first thing that I see that could mean trouble is that your team seems weak to Rain Teams, specifically Water-type attack spam. You have only one Water-type resist and its special bulk is lacking. Slowbro isn't going to be able to take multiple Hydro Pumps from Pokemon such as Keldeo in the Rain.

My first suggestion is to replace Hitmontop with Starmie. The set I recommend is:

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 216 Spd / 252 HP / 40 SDef
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

With Starmie you've got another Water-type resist and an awesome Keldeo check. Plus you keep your Rapid Spin support :)

Anyway I'll add more to this when I see your full team.
Thank you for the rate. I will definitely try out Starmie as I realised that i am kind of weak to rain. However, with starime on the team, i wont be able to handle rain ferrothorns and my type coverage of the team would be bad. So i might try out some other def wall instead of slowbro.

Seconding the general weakness to rain teams here. Keldeo outspeeds your entire team, completely walls Volcarona and OHKOs everything but Slowbro and Jirachi, who take up to 80% and 94% respectively from rain-boosted Specs Hydro Pump.

Just based on what I've seen of your team so far you could use Slowking over Slowbro. Slowking's excellent SDef and Regenerator means its a hard counter to Keldeo (takes 44% max from Rain-boosted Specs Hydro Pump and 46% max from Specs Hidden Power [Ghost]) and retaliates with Psyshock or Thunder Wave. It is never 2HKOd by LO Tornadus-T Hurricane and even Ferrothorn isn't that great an answer to it thanks to Scald's burn chance and Slowking's access to Fire Blast. Slowbro just seems to cause a lot of overlap on your team, as Terrakion is already dealt with okay by Hitmontop (I'm assuming its the physically defensive spinner here), and you already have physical dragons like Salamence and Dragonite decently covered between Hitmontop, Mamoswine, Jirachi and Thundurus (assuming its scarfed).

I'd also recommend using LO Mamoswine over your current set. Despite the raw power of Choice Band, it actually ends up being far easier to wall than Life Orb due to the large number of Pokemon that resist Ground- or Ice-type attacks. Locking yourself into the relatively weak Ice Shard, or the widely resisted Earthquake is just going to give some top tier threats like Genesect free set-up. The difference in power between LO and CB isn't too noticable but the ability to spam Earthquake knowing you won't be locked into it goes a long way in such an offensive metagame, where you can't give anything a free turn.

Sets:

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast / Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

I don't really want to change Volcarona on this team since its what you have built around, but it still feels a bit out of place on this team. If you really want to make the most of Volcarona you are best-off running sun, but that doesn't incorporate too well into this team. With the abundance of rain in BW2, non-hurricane Volcarona is a bit of a liability, so you should probably consider using a sun team. Problem is, I'd have to change 3 Pokemon at least here and I really dislike changing that much in a team. However, its a fact that the most successful Volcarona teams utilise sun, so check out these links if you are interested in getting the most out of Volcarona. This rate was just enough to give this team a decent match-up vs the common teams, but I haven't changed anything that would actually help execute a Volcarona sweep.

tl;dr
Slowking over Slowbro
LO Mamoswine
If you really want to make a top-tier Volcarona team in this meta you have to run your own weather (preferably Ninetales) so you don't get neutered by rain.
Consider starting over with Ninetales + Volcarona or alternatively just ditch Volcarona altogether imo!

I hope this doesn't come off as preachy or condescending or offensive or anything, but I hope you at least try to rebuild this team using Ninetales. I am sure you will get much better results with Volcarona when you're not up against permanent rain every other battle! Good luck!
Slowking over Slowbro would be a bad decision for me because i need Slowbro in general. He takes physical hits. Without Slowbro many physical threats would simply sweep my team.
I need CB Mamoswine for beaating the genies and the dragons with ice shard.
I will definitely try putting Ninetales somewhere in the team.

I would appreciate more rates.

Neliel

Sacred Sword
Hi there!
I have some suggestion to give you. I dont like that much Fiery dance Volcarona, because i think its somewhat outclassed by any other stronger stab, unless you are running a bulky set with roost. The reason is simple: Fire blast+0 hits like Fiery dance+1, so you are wasting you time trying to get that special boost. Also, since you have no Sun support, if you are facing a rain team Fiery dance fails to ko Ferrothorn and Skamrory. If you dont like the miss rate of Fire blast you can try Flametrower, even though i think that you will really miss the power of fire blast.

The other thing that i dont like at all in this team is the set of your Jirachi. Im not a big fan of Specially defensive Jirachi without Protect, because lets say you have to switch to a Specs Latios, assuming your opponent does Draco meteor, you will take some damage. At this point you have to do Wish to recover you jirachi, but your opponent can easily force you to switch out sending out something like Hippowdown or landorus, and you failed to recover your jirachi. Without protect you can not recover against things that normally force you to switch, and this can be problematic. Protect also help you checking the move of some choiced pokemon.

At this point you have to change something on your jirachi to put protect, and i think that the best here would be Stealth rock. You can put Stealth rock into Mamoswine, which is a nice setter. You obviously have to change its item, in fact, agreeing with Penguinx, the lock will be problematic because a lot of pokemon can take advantage of Earthquake like Flying and Levitate pokemon, as well as Steel types that can setup on Ice shard, like Scizor or Genesect. Life orb still hits hard, and you wont miss any important ko. I think that you should change Stealth rock to Superpower, but its up to you.

I also think that Hidden power ice on Thundurus should be a must to revenge kill Dragons like Salamence or Garchomp, you are not even that weak to Ferrothorn, which is 2koed by Focus blast anyway, and genesect still takes huge damage from thunderbolt. Volt switch is a nice move to maintain momentum and Thunder is pretty much useless if you already have Thunderbolt.

Honestly i would change hitmontop for Latios to check at least Rotom-w and Thundurus, and i would change Starmie for Slowbro, but i understand i would change too much your team. Anyway since you have Hitmontop, i think that Foresight should be used instead of sucker punch. The main reason is that Gengar has the Sub to avoid Sucker punch, and jellicent can still stall you out even if you toxic it, and you fail to spin the hazards, which is the main reason hitmontop is here. With foresight you can predict the switch of the ghost, and then spin the hazards out.

If you are interested on the other changes i told you, (Latios and Starmie) let me know and i will tell you why.

tl; dr

Fire blast > Fiery dance

Life orb > Choice band

Stealth rock > Superpower/ Icicle crash

Protect> Stealth rock

Hidden power ice > Hidden power Fire

Volt switch> Thunder

Foresight > Sucker punch

Hi there!
I have some suggestion to give you. I dont like that much Fiery dance Volcarona, because i think its somewhat outclassed by any other stronger stab, unless you are running a bulky set with roost. The reason is simple: Fire blast+0 hits like Fiery dance+1, so you are wasting you time trying to get that special boost. Also, since you have no Sun support, if you are facing a rain team Fiery dance fails to ko Ferrothorn and Skamrory. If you dont like the miss rate of Fire blast you can try Flametrower, even though i think that you will really miss the power of fire blast.

The other thing that i dont like at all in this team is the set of your Jirachi. Im not a big fan of Specially defensive Jirachi without Protect, because lets say you have to switch to a Specs Latios, assuming your opponent does Draco meteor, you will take some damage. At this point you have to do Wish to recover you jirachi, but your opponent can easily force you to switch out sending out something like Hippowdown or landorus, and you failed to recover your jirachi. Without protect you can not recover against things that normally force you to switch, and this can be problematic. Protect also help you checking the move of some choiced pokemon.

At this point you have to change something on your jirachi to put protect, and i think that the best here would be Stealth rock. You can put Stealth rock into Mamoswine, which is a nice setter. You obviously have to change its item, in fact, agreeing with Penguinx, the lock will be problematic because a lot of pokemon can take advantage of Earthquake like Flying and Levitate pokemon, as well as Steel types that can setup on Ice shard, like Scizor or Genesect. Life orb still hits hard, and you wont miss any important ko. I think that you should change Stealth rock to Superpower, but its up to you.

I also think that Hidden power ice on Thundurus should be a must to revenge kill Dragons like Salamence or Garchomp, you are not even that weak to Ferrothorn, which is 2koed by Focus blast anyway, and genesect still takes huge damage from thunderbolt. Volt switch is a nice move to maintain momentum and Thunder is pretty much useless if you already have Thunderbolt.

Honestly i would change hitmontop for Latios to check at least Rotom-w and Thundurus, and i would change Starmie for Slowbro, but i understand i would change too much your team. Anyway since you have Hitmontop, i think that Foresight should be used instead of sucker punch. The main reason is that Gengar has the Sub to avoid Sucker punch, and jellicent can still stall you out even if you toxic it, and you fail to spin the hazards, which is the main reason hitmontop is here. With foresight you can predict the switch of the ghost, and then spin the hazards out.

If you are interested on the other changes i told you, (Latios and Starmie) let me know and i will tell you why.

tl; dr

Fire blast > Fiery dance

Life orb > Choice band

Stealth rock > Superpower/ Icicle crash

Protect> Stealth rock

Hidden power ice > Hidden power Fire

Volt switch> Thunder

Foresight > Sucker punch
First of all thank you for the rate. I see that now i have 2 suggestions for LO Mamoswine. That means that i will definitely test it out.
Regarding Volcarona i already know that Fire Blast is more powerful than fiery dance but i just can afford to miss.
I will test the Jirachi you suggested and i will put the SR on Mamoswine and i will see what will happen
HP fire will definitely stay on thundurus-t because i need a check for sizor and genesect.
I will put volt switch instead of thunder. I think that i dont need Foresight because i already cant do anything to the spin blockers so suckerpunch is a better option.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hi

This is a pretty solid looking team with some creative options. I like it a lot and I really love the use of Slowbro who probably is my favorite bulky water of all time. However like everybody else I do have some suggestions. Trying out a Jolly Nature and Life Orb on Mamoswine. Mamoswine really appreciates a Jolly Nature to outspeed Breloom and get the Ice Shard down as an emergency check. Choice Band is cool, but Life adorn gives you versatility to abuse Mamoswines very solid coverage. I can't tell you how many teams can handle Choice Banded Mamoswine but lose very badly to a Life Orb bulky variant. Life Orb is very cool and really gives you some solid flexibility. I also agree heavily on Hidden Power Ice over HP Fire on Thundurus -T. Ice compliments your coverage much better and allows you to kill of Dragonite, Salamence, Landorus, Latios and opposing Thundurus - T.

Solid team, Good luck!

Hi

This is a pretty solid looking team with some creative options. I like it a lot and I really love the use of Slowbro who probably is my favorite bulky water of all time. However like everybody else I do have some suggestions. Trying out a Jolly Nature and Life Orb on Mamoswine. Mamoswine really appreciates a Jolly Nature to outspeed Breloom and get the Ice Shard down as an emergency check. Choice Band is cool, but Life adorn gives you versatility to abuse Mamoswines very solid coverage. I can't tell you how many teams can handle Choice Banded Mamoswine but lose very badly to a Life Orb bulky variant. Life Orb is very cool and really gives you some solid flexibility. I also agree heavily on Hidden Power Ice over HP Fire on Thundurus -T. Ice compliments your coverage much better and allows you to kill of Dragonite, Salamence, Landorus, Latios and opposing Thundurus - T.

Solid team, Good luck!
Thank you for rating my team.
Most probably i will change my mamoswine to a LO set.
Concerning HP Ice i will test it. In case I dont miss hp fire too much i will definitely change it to hp ice because i realised that mamoswine cant handle everything by himself

I agree with penguin x here with the idea of replacing slowbro with slowking. You are Extremely rain weak, your team has no keldeo check and slowking is an excellent counter, this does mean your team is slightly more physically weak however the only real physical threats you have to worry about are offensive fighting types which if they are choiced, make predicition easier and they give hitmontop an opertunity to spin. Also definatly try out volt switch on thundurus, it gives you switch advantage thanks to being able to take opposing volt switches |(breaking volturn) it baits in pokemon like ferrothorn and celebi which give volcarona a set up oppertunity.
Switching to life orb on mamo is a tough call, but one I think you have to make, since it makes you considerably more dragon weak however i think that if you set up stealthrock early enough you should be fine since eventually the damage will rack up if they switch in multiple times(assuming they will since they are a good volcarona counter).Something else you could consider would be running focus sash on Mamoswine as well, it insures mamo will get off 2 hits incase you predict incorrectly it bluffs the choice item when they try and set up on you when they think you're locked into earthquake, it would also let you set up stealth rock and give jirachi another move slot (i reccomend HP Ice). It also helps against a Sub CM rain Jirachi weakness, where thundurus can come, break the sub with thunder, then bring in mamo, take a hit and KO with earthquake I would take HP fire off of thundurus as well, in rain focus blast is straight up better against ferrothorn and outside of rain its really not that much better when HP ice gives you perfect coverage. Overall a cool team that i hope you have success with in the future.

I agree with penguin x here with the idea of replacing slowbro with slowking. You are Extremely rain weak, your team has no keldeo check and slowking is an excellent counter, this does mean your team is slightly more physically weak however the only real physical threats you have to worry about are offensive fighting types which if they are choiced, make predicition easier and they give hitmontop an opertunity to spin. Also definatly try out volt switch on thundurus, it gives you switch advantage thanks to being able to take opposing volt switches |(breaking volturn) it baits in pokemon like ferrothorn and celebi which give volcarona a set up oppertunity.
Switching to life orb on mamo is a tough call, but one I think you have to make, since it makes you considerably more dragon weak however i think that if you set up stealthrock early enough you should be fine since eventually the damage will rack up if they switch in multiple times(assuming they will since they are a good volcarona counter).Something else you could consider would be running focus sash on Mamoswine as well, it insures mamo will get off 2 hits incase you predict incorrectly it bluffs the choice item when they try and set up on you when they think you're locked into earthquake, it would also let you set up stealth rock and give jirachi another move slot (i reccomend HP Ice). It also helps against a Sub CM rain Jirachi weakness, where thundurus can come, break the sub with thunder, then bring in mamo, take a hit and KO with earthquake I would take HP fire off of thundurus as well, in rain focus blast is straight up better against ferrothorn and outside of rain its really not that much better when HP ice gives you perfect coverage. Overall a cool team that i hope you have success with in the future.
First of all, thank you for the rate
I know that i am rain weak. However, switching Slowbro fpr Slowking is not good because the defensive synergy core is destroyed. Thats why i may try out a new defensive core (ferrothorn and a special def wall)
I will try out the LO mamoswine as i said in the posts above. The volt-switch on Thundurus is already on the RMT it is on the same level as Thunder.
I will definitely change HP fire to HP ice.

ZoroDark

esse quam videri
is a Tiering Contributor
I agree with Mamoswine, you should make him LO with Stealth Rock.
For the Rain weakness Starmie might help, but replacing Jirachi could be another option.
Celebi is a better Sp Def poke for your team. Celebi stops rain hard while still able to use Thunder Wave and, if you really want, Stealth Rock. Celebi still stops most special attackers, and can still take on Specs Latios. Losing Wish is a letdown, but switching a poke in on Wish seems not to easy for your team anyway. And no steel type isn't too bad either, because you have Mamo anyway.
About Volcarona, I would change Hidden Power Ground to Hidden Power Rock.
This may seem bad at first because you can't hit Heatran/Terrakion, it isn't that bad at all. Since Offensive Heatran can't do anything but to let you set up, and Defensive Heatran is walled by Starmie. It doesn't make any difference. Slowbro walls Terrakion cold. And with Hidden Power Rock you can hit Dragonite, Salamence and other flying types harder. Since you don't have a steel pokemon anymore, you better kill these as fast as possible.

In short:
Jirachi -> Celebi
Hitmontop -> Starmie
Volcarona: HP Ground -> HP Rock
CB Mamo -> LO Mamo

Hope I helped, Good Luck with the team!
252SpAtk Choice Specs Latios (Neutral) Draco Meteor vs 252HP/252SpDef Leftovers Celebi (+SpDef): 60% - 72% (246 - 291 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

I agree with Mamoswine, you should make him LO with Stealth Rock.
For the Rain weakness Starmie might help, but replacing Jirachi could be another option.
Celebi is a better Sp Def poke for your team. Celebi stops rain hard while still able to use Thunder Wave and, if you really want, Stealth Rock. Celebi still stops most special attackers, and can still take on Specs Latios. Losing Wish is a letdown, but switching a poke in on Wish seems not to easy for your team anyway. And no steel type isn't too bad either, because you have Mamo anyway.
About Volcarona, I would change Hidden Power Ground to Hidden Power Rock.
This may seem bad at first because you can't hit Heatran/Terrakion, it isn't that bad at all. Since Offensive Heatran can't do anything but to let you set up, and Defensive Heatran is walled by Starmie. It doesn't make any difference. Slowbro walls Terrakion cold. And with Hidden Power Rock you can hit Dragonite, Salamence and other flying types harder. Since you don't have a steel pokemon anymore, you better kill these as fast as possible.

In short:
Jirachi -> Celebi
Hitmontop -> Starmie
Volcarona: HP Ground -> HP Rock
CB Mamo -> LO Mamo

Hope I helped, Good Luck with the team!
252SpAtk Choice Specs Latios (Neutral) Draco Meteor vs 252HP/252SpDef Leftovers Celebi (+SpDef): 60% - 72% (246 - 291 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
Thank you for the rate.
Sp.Def celebi is very nice. However, it simply doesnt fit into my team synergy. So as i said, i will make a new Defensive core for this team. Most probably i will put starmie instead of Hitmontop. And i will test the hp rock volcarona.
I have already decided to use LO Mamoswine

Changes made on this team:
LO Mamoswine instead of CB

Changes that will most probably occur:
Another Defensive core
Starmie instead of Hitmontop

Please feel free to rate. All suggestions are appreciated. Also dont forget to luvdisc if you liked the team.

So in the end i have decided to make the following changes:
CB Mamoswine->LO Mamoswine
Bulky Starmie->Hitmontop

I have had a lot of fun with this team and imo it was pretty successful. However, as it seems, the RMT is not.
Anyways, i am working on a new team which will be posted on RMT in 2 weeks. See you soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)