OU CCAT - Mark III (Laddering/Discussing - See Post #547)

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
How do we vote? Two, three preferences like the last votes or it's a single bold vote? I'll list three pokes, if we're allowed to vote for less sets, remove the last one(s) while doing the tally, to reach the adequate number, thanks.

Scarf Rotom-W
Scarf Terrakion
Scarf Jirachi

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Scarf Terrakion
Scarf Landorus

Volcarona is a major threat to this team; Terrakion and Landorus are up for this job. Scarf Rachi and Scarf Rotom-W fail at this. Bronzong is a mighty check to Tornadus-T so we don't need our revenge killer to resist steel-type. It's also a solid counter to Sub CM Jirachi with Earthquake, so no problem there either.

Choice Scarf Terrakion wins! We now have a completed team, so I've decided that the next step we'll have is laddering with the team. Please try and use it to the best of your ability on the Showdown OU ladder so we can get an accurate representation of how good our team actually is. Those that are able to climb the ladder might even get something special! We'll try and have team raters come in to rate our team, and those that use it on the ladder are welcome to post advice. Ideally this will last for a little more than a week before we know what we need to fix. Thanksgiving break is coming up for those of you who live in the USA, so that should give us plenty of time! The complete team is:

Code:
[IMG]http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/472.gif[/IMG]
[B]Gliscor[/B] @ Toxic Orb [I]*** PenguinX[/I]
Trait: Poison Heal 
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Def / 236 Spe 
Impish Nature 
- Substitute 
- Baton Pass 
- Earthquake 
- Taunt / Toxic

[IMG]http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/647.gif[/IMG]
[B]Keldeo[/B] @ Leftovers [I]*** alexwolf[/I]
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power Electric 

[IMG]http://media.pldh.net/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/248.gif[/IMG]
[B]Tyranitar[/B] @ Choice Band [I]*** bubbly[/I]
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Atk / 220 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower 

[IMG]http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/437.gif[/IMG]
[B]Bronzong[/B] @ Leftovers [I]*** PenguinX[/I]
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
IVs: 2 Spe
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball / Toxic
- Hidden Power Ice / Toxic
- Earthquake / Toxic

[IMG]http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/380.gif[/IMG]
[B]Latias[/B] @ Life Orb [I]*** The Great Mighty Doom[/I]
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power Fire
- Recover

[IMG]http://pldh.net/media/pokemon/gen5/blackwhite_animated_front/639.gif[/IMG]
[B]Terrakion[/B] @ Choice Scarf [I]*** DarkBlazeR[/I]
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- X-scissor
- Rock Slide
DarkBlazeR receives a bonus point, and if we conduct more votes, it may come in handy! Try out our team folks! Keep in mind that I'll be giving bonus points to those that consistently keep us notified on how the team is faring, and team raters have a chance to receive them as well.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Solid team, guys, kudos to all of the participants who has made this one of the smoothest running CCAT! Props to Electrolyte and Harsha in being dedicated leaders to this hardcore endeavor!

Of course it's not even CLOSE to being over yet. We still have to playtest and tweak the team. And make a RMT >:D. Peaks, Log replays, indicating weaknesses of this team would be useful information for this. Should be fun giving this a test drive since the team looks solid.

First impressions based on my first few battles using this team: I'd say that Keldeo is definitely the MVP. This team has trouble breaking through defensive cores otherwise, so I advise you guys to play conservatively with it, at least until the opponent's physical tanks have been removed. SubPass Gliscor is incredibly fun to use, and has great synergy with Keldeo especially.

I'm at a bit of a tossup between running Earthquake or Toxic on Bronzong. Earthquake stops it from being complete Tentacruel/SubCM Jirachi bait, but Toxic allows it to deal with Politoed, which always seems to come in on Zong.

IMO, Latias isn't quite bulky enough to reliably check rain/sun. I'm not sure if it's just me not playing it well, but it just seems to die far too quickly to do a good job of it, especially with LO recoil + potential sandstorm damage taken into account as well. The power the LO set has over bulkier sets is necessary for this team at the moment though, so it's a bit eh.

ok i tried this team out on the ladder and its pretty cool even though its not hail

but every time i see a rock polish genesect i lose because it kills evyerthing except tyranitar and terrakion and ones with giga drain kill terrakion after some damage and heal which is annoying

if it comes in on glisocr and these pokes have some weakening its game over

peng

hivemind leader
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I haven't tested out this specific version of the team yet, but I've used a very similar team to this pretty regularly over the last few months (built around the same Gliscor + Tyranitar + Keldeo offensive core). There are a few changes we can make that are sure to make this team run a bit smoother:

• Jolly Gliscor (244 HP / 48 Def / 216 Spd)
    Allows us to outspeed Deoxys-D and prevent set-up with Taunt. Jolly Taunt Gliscor is very rare so the majority of Deoxys-D players won't use Magic Coat turn 1, although the main problem with CCATs is that anyone who reads this thread knows exactly what sets you are running. However, any team based around SubPass needs to reduce opposing hazard set-up to a minimum (especially since we have no spinner), and since Deo-D is easily one of the most prevalent hazards leads in the game, theres little reason not to make this change.
  • Hidden Power [Ice] Keldeo
    Hidden Power [Ice] Keldeo is perfect for this team. Gaining the coverage against Dragonite and Salamence in particular is pretty crucial and means Keldeo actually has a chance of breaking through offense. I mentioned this pretty early in the process, but I'm not seeing what Hidden Power [Electric] is really doing for us here. Hydro Pump in Rain is hitting Politoed and Tentacruel almost as hard and they aren't doing much back to us through a Substitute, so the only thing thats really getting hit by this is Jellicent who has suffered a huge drop in usage thanks to the death of stall. Besides, the next change helps us deal with Jellicent a lot.
  • Fast Tyranitar (152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spd)
    EV Spread allows us to outspeed most Skarmory and Jellicent, 2 threats that CBTar generally wants to be able to beat. Outspeeding Jellicent means you can Crunch / Pursuit for a KO before they have a chance to fire off a Will-o-Wisp. The loss of bulk hurts a bit but this spread still allows Tyranitar to switch-in on Lati@s pretty easily. If you are really concerned about the loss of special bulk then you can take some out from Atk, but ~100 Spd EVs is almost a necessity for us to beat Jellicent and have any chance of a Keldeo sweep.

Thats all i got for now, I'll post some more thoughts after i test this out.

Good job on the CCAT everyone! This has to be the smoothest the CCAT has run and is probably the best team we've produced since the DPP CCAT days. It still has its flaws but that has to be expected when 2 Pokemon have been unbanned since the beginning of the process!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)