Gen V Balanced Hackmons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I put together this illusion team and it seems to be working pretty well!
Let me know what you think. 2 Dialgas!

Deoxys-Speed @ Lum Berry
Trait: Illusion
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- U-turn

Giratina @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Roar
- Recover
- Magic Coat

Dialga @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Spacial Rend
- Blue Flare
- Aura Sphere

Dialga @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Volt Switch
- Spacial Rend
- Blue Flare
- Aura Sphere

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Rain Dance
- Substitute

Shedinja @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Magic Coat
- Whirlwind

Hey I put together this illusion team and it seems to be working pretty well!
Let me know what you think. 2 Dialgas!

Deoxys-Speed @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- U-turn

Giratina @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Roar
- Recover
- Magic Coat

Dialga @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Spacial Rend
- Blue Flare
- Aura Sphere

Dialga @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Volt Switch
- Spacial Rend
- Blue Flare
- Aura Sphere

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Rain Dance
- Substitute

Shedinja @ Lum Berry
Trait: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Magic Coat
- Whirlwind
Have we met on Showdown before?

CAP Pokemon don't exist ingame. All sets in Balanced Hackmons can be obtained ingame through the use of Action Replay or Gameshark (hence its original name, Sharkmons).

So no, CAP Pokemon will not be allowed.
To be fair, you can hack in CAPs with those sort of devices as well.

What distinguishes Dusclops from say, Shuckle, who combines an even lower HP stat and similar defenses (plus the extra item slot gained by not needing Eviolite)?
Besides the extremely obvious fact that it's a ghost.....

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
That's literally its only advantage over Shuckle. Shuckle has better defenses and lower HP, allowing it to better abuse Leech Seed. The Ghost typing in this case only matters against Rapid Spin users (Sub will block Endeavor so fuck Shedinja), and teams don't really need a spinblocker most of the time anyway.

Shuckle is also a far better staller since it's immune to Sandstorm damage, allowing you to use it to its fullest. Even if the opponent has Recover, Leech Seed + Sandstorm damage adds up quickly in Balanced Hackmons, where Leftovers is a somewhat rare item.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
To be fair, you can hack in CAPs with those sort of devices as well.
No you can't. In order to fully add in a CAP pokemon you would need to directly mess with the game's programming, something that is EXTREMELY different from a gameshark.

That's literally its only advantage over Shuckle. Shuckle has better defenses and lower HP, allowing it to better abuse Leech Seed. The Ghost typing in this case only matters against Rapid Spin users (Sub will block Endeavor so fuck Shedinja), and teams don't really need a spinblocker most of the time anyway.

Shuckle is also a far better staller since it's immune to Sandstorm damage, allowing you to use it to its fullest. Even if the opponent has Recover, Leech Seed + Sandstorm damage adds up quickly in Balanced Hackmons, where Leftovers is a somewhat rare item.
What's your point

It's a spinblocker which is an alternative to Shuckle. If you don't like it or think something else is better, don't fucking use it. That doesn't mean it isn't viable.

This is by far the most irritating metagame to post in with just the sheer amount of condescending chest beating and now I see why no one plays this or posts in here.

I'm out.

What's your point

It's a spinblocker which is an alternative to Shuckle. If you don't like it or think something else is better, don't fucking use it. That doesn't mean it isn't viable.

This is by far the most irritating metagame to post in with just the sheer amount of condescending chest beating and now I see why no one plays this or posts in here.

I'm out.
nearly every post i've seen you make has been rude and just mean. if you don't have something nice to say it at all.

tehy

Banned deucer.
His point is that you submitted a set that is outclassed in almost every way, but has one small advantage, and so you and others should use that set instead. The reason you find this metagame irritating is because of the sheer variety, which means a set you make could easily be outclassed.

As for the spinblocking, this is a tier where you can use giratina, giratina-O, and even ghostceus!! (And gengar.) You shouldn't be having trouble with spinblocking anyways.

It's not "chest-beating", it's debating. No one's trying to put you down, we're trying to come up with the best ideas possible. If your set isn't that great, we're going to let you know, so you can improve, instead of just putting forth and using sub-standard sets. The point is to come up with a set we can't crush.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If you said it was a spinblocker from the start, this discussion would have taken on a whole different persona...

What experience have people had with non-Sand weather in BH? I know Sun is pretty powerful, but haven't seen much of anything (and almost never see Sand, the most common weather...) How would multiweather teams do in this meta where everything learns Skill Swap?

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you said it was a spinblocker from the start, this discussion would have taken on a whole different persona...

What experience have people had with non-Sand weather in BH? I know Sun is pretty powerful, but haven't seen much of anything (and almost never see Sand, the most common weather...) How would multiweather teams do in this meta where everything learns Skill Swap?
ive considered making a sun team, and ive seen rain used to some effect, but i havent seen either used a huge amount so who knows :)

I actually tried a Flower Gift team, it's a wonderful team when it works, but sadly, it has a weakness to sand team as many of it's members are physically bulky and can tank even sun boosted attacks, still, not a lot of thing can deal with contrary Reshiram once it's behind a sub, and even without one, in the sun it could shrugg off a Nature Power if needed to.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
What does Flower Gift bring over other more common methods of boosting that justifies dedication of a team slot to setting up sun?

I've been using Rain lately, and it seems to be working well. My whole team isn't centered around it, but Drizzle Palkia with Water Spout hits like a truck.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Verbatim, it gives a free attack boost and a free SPdef boost. Chlorophyll, which is probably the most comparable, gives two speed boosts, so at least they give equal boosts. The most interesting set i could think of would be a flower gift groudon with shift gears. In one turn, you've got +2 to attack and speed, while still boasting a great defense stat, and a good spdef stat because of the boost. With STAB Eq, one of any anti-flying moves, and fire punch/v-create, that seems like a legitimate threat. Basically, chlorophyll is probably overall better, but in order to get flower gift's boosts, you'd need two turns of setup, while chlorophyll requires only one. Keep in mind i haven't playtested this, but it seems like there may be something there.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to post exactly what's banned in the first post of this thread?

Right now I can't seem to quickly find a list of what's banned.

For example, the OP only lists OHKO moves and Wonder Guard + Huge Power + Pure Power. But if I recall correctly, Arena Trap, Shadow Tag, and the move Assist are also banned. These are nowhere to be found in the OP.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
Arena Trap and Shadow Tag have been added, Assist was never banned. You're probably thinking about the temporary ban on Freeze Shock when an Assist/Prankster glitch let Kyurem-B 2hko the entire tier with priority and 30% paralysis chance.

What does Flower Gift bring over other more common methods of boosting that justifies dedication of a team slot to setting up sun?
Flower Gift affected your entire party, so you have stronger sweeper without the risk of getting Blissey/Chansey to come and copy it, you're stronger and bulkier too (used it with Coil Arceus and it has served me really well) without the need of a boost, while you're reliant on sun your other 4 members are a lot harder to take down overall: Reshiran & Ho-oh being already terrifying on their own in the sun get a nice boost those Imposter's can't copy allowing him to survive the +2 Draco Meteor or kill them before they canhe same applies to Latias as she now gets x2.25 SpD, and even eviolite Chansey who makes fun of special attacker even more

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
No, in order to fully reflect 5th generation mechanics, you can't have Arceus-(Type)/Darmanitan-Z without their corresponding abilities.

RMT!

Deoxys-Speed @ Leftovers
Trait: Mold Breaker
Hasty Nature
- Spore
- Substitute
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Imposter
Impish Nature
- Heart Swap
- Heal Bell
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave

Lugia @ Leftovers
Trait: Contrary
Modest Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Substitute
- V-create
- Draco Meteor

Giratina @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
Shiny: Yes
Careful Nature
- Heart Swap
- Dragon Tail
- Rapid Spin
- Spore

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Substitute

Groudon @ Choice Band
Trait: Prankster
Adamant Nature
- Trick
- Nature Power
- Stone Edge
- Heart Swap

All pretty standard sets and standard BH pokemon. I chose Lugia for my Contrary-mon because he's immune to EQ from my Groudon. As I write this, I am 6th on the ladder, so I've had a decent amount of success with this team so far; however, I would still love to see some suggestions for improvement. Thanks everyone.

Arena Trap and Shadow Tag have been added, Assist was never banned. You're probably thinking about the temporary ban on Freeze Shock when an Assist/Prankster glitch let Kyurem-B 2hko the entire tier with priority and 30% paralysis chance.
What was this glitch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)