5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
How do I handle multiple WNPCs at RNGing? After a while I can handle how one WNPC moves, but three or even four o.O
mash A through the season screen, open up your menu as quickly as you can, and sweet scent, and capture whatever you find, and see what PID frame you hit. Then subtract whatever frame you hit from your shiny frame, and do the advance the remaining frames again, after hitting your seed again (don't save after capturing the first Pokémon).

Is it possible to be trolled by timer0 with the PIDRNG?

I can hit my seed for a flawless spread easily by now, but the moment I try to use chatots on it to change the nature/encounter slot/etc, it screws it up big time, like I hit a totally different seed. This happens consistently, I've tried the same thing a good twenty times. I go from a naive/often dozes off to a mild/impetuous and silly. Using chatots on a different seed, however, works like it should.

Just wondering what is going on with my flawless IV setup.

Is it possible to be trolled by timer0 with the PIDRNG?

I can hit my seed for a flawless spread easily by now, but the moment I try to use chatots on it to change the nature/encounter slot/etc, it screws it up big time, like I hit a totally different seed. This happens consistently, I've tried the same thing a good twenty times. I go from a naive/often dozes off to a mild/impetuous and silly. Using chatots on a different seed, however, works like it should.

Just wondering what is going on with my flawless IV setup.
The timer0 doesn't control the PIDRNG. If you've hit your IV seed properly, then you'll be working with the set of generated PIDs for that particular seed afterward. Chances are that those times that it acts like you 'hit a totally different seed,' you actually did hit a totally different seed.
"Impetuous and silly" isn't even a flawless trait, so there's no way you hit your flawless spread whenever you're receiving that? You're probably just having ill luck hitting your timer0 consistently for that particular seed.

The timer0 doesn't control the PIDRNG. If you've hit your IV seed properly, then you'll be working with the set of generated PIDs for that particular seed afterward. Chances are that those times that it acts like you 'hit a totally different seed,' you actually did hit a totally different seed.
"Impetuous and silly" isn't even a flawless trait, so there's no way you hit your flawless spread whenever you're receiving that? You're probably just having ill luck hitting your timer0 consistently for that particular seed.
The impetuous and silly is why i didnt even bother to check the IVs. This is some really consistent bad luck, then... okay. As long as I didn't miss some fine print about timer0 and the PIDRNG. Back to timing school for the newbie, then!

Edit: got the silly one again, and finally pegged it. I'm being timer0 trolled. Both my timer0 appear in this one second.

this question is legit. can someone trade me a flawless ditto from a country other than us/canada that i can use for shiny rng breeding, i can trade a flawless ditto in return. the spreads im getting arnt to my liking and the ditto could easily solve that problem :)

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
this question is legit. can someone trade me a flawless ditto from a country other than us/canada that i can use for shiny rng breeding, i can trade a flawless ditto in return. the spreads im getting arnt to my liking and the ditto could easily solve that problem :)
Simple requests go here.

Coincidently, the next try after asking I hit the right seed with Chatot use. So problem definitely solved, I had some real nice bad timing. Glad that's all it was.

No it doesn't. All it does is add to your actual seconds and how early you have to start the game. As long as it stays consistent (and it should until you update something) there's no reason you can't take it into account when calibrating and RNG abusing. You said you were already very familiar with RNG, so you should already be fully aware of this.

It's the other problems in the quote voodoo pimp linked to that'll get you.
I tried to calibrate the r4 taking in count that period of time but the rng reporter doesn't give any correct parameters, I think it's because of the trade R4igold, other r4 cards doesn't take that time of loading. Also I'm tried to calibrate the rng with the same time but I obtain different answers from the game. Soft reset it's a posibility to rng in 5 gen???

The only other consideration is that you can't use international parents or the shiny charm - since the PID rerolls are checked against the ID/SID of the game you receive the egg on, it won't work properly if you trade it.

See this post from the previous page.
How do I know if my flash cards works in r4i mode???

I tried to calibrate the r4 taking in count that period of time but the rng reporter doesn't give any correct parameters
Or it does and you just don't understand how much difference using a flashcard can make.

How do I know if my flash cards works in r4i mode???
The one thing the quote tels you not to ask, and that's your first reply. Did you even bother reading it?

Or it does and you just don't understand how much difference using a flashcard can make.

The one thing the quote tels you not to ask, and that's your first reply. Did you even bother reading it?
sorry I think I cannot reply in that post, and no I don't know how difference a flashcarda can make if you could tellme please. When in press A, etc.

no I don't know how difference a flashcarda can make if you could tellme please. When in press A, etc.

Yep, you're a lost cause.

I'm, in no uncertain terms, referring to the fact that the parameters for a flashcard are different from those of a retail card, so you might think you're not getting the right results when in reality you are.

Which was explained in that quote you were first linked to.

Hi, I havent RNGed in a very long time and have some questions before I get back into it, sorry if their stupid ones.
Can we currently RNG on 3DS and 3DSXL? If so is it any different?
From what I can see, B/W2 RNG isnt any different except for the weird timer 0. How can I hit my seed consistently if the timer 0 is being dumb? how do I know what all my timer 0's are?

Hi, I havent RNGed in a very long time and have some questions before I get back into it, sorry if their stupid ones.
Can we currently RNG on 3DS and 3DSXL? If so is it any different?
From what I can see, B/W2 RNG isnt any different except for the weird timer 0. How can I hit my seed consistently if the timer 0 is being dumb? how do I know what all my timer 0's are?
They're better than the last one.

-Yes you can, for most languages. It's mostly the same as on a DS/DSL, except even more timer0s, no built-in seconds clock (meaning you're forced to use an external timer), and it takes longer to load the game.

-You can find your timer0s by repeating the calibration process over and over again. As for hitting your seed consistently, forget it: the best you can do is aim for your most common timer0 (found during the aforementioned calibration), hope for some luck, and keep trying if you don't get it. There's no 100% method, and you will be trolled by the timer0 often.

Oh, and BW2 RNG breeding isn't possible, so don't bother with it.

They're better than the last one.

-Yes you can, for most languages. It's mostly the same as on a DS/DSL, except even more timer0s, no built-in seconds clock (meaning you're forced to use an external timer), and it takes longer to load the game.

-You can find your timer0s by repeating the calibration process over and over again. As for hitting your seed consistently, forget it: the best you can do is aim for your most common timer0 (found during the aforementioned calibration), hope for some luck, and keep trying if you don't get it. There's no 100% method, and you will be trolled by the timer0 often.

Oh, and BW2 RNG breeding isn't possible, so don't bother with it.
alright neat thanks. how many seconds extra does it take to load?

Okay, so. I'm trying to catch a shiny, physical-perfect Growlithe on my copy of Black 2 (official, not a flash cart). I can hit my needed seed okay when my timer0's not trolling me. I seem to be having a lot of trouble with the PIDRNG advancement, though.

After a few resets, I figured out that the NPCs in the area seemed to advance the frame to 80 before I could actually access the menu, and from there I figured how many Chatot chirps I needed. But when I flipped the needed number of times, I wound up three frames over. I tried again with three less flips... and I wound up two frames under. I tried one less flip than I initially figured... two frames over. Two less flips... somehow five frames over.

This is starting to drive me up a wall, here. Is this wholly the fault of the NPCs/my not hammering X fast enough, or is there some other possible cause here?

Additional info if that helps:
Version: 9.965 Beta
DS Lite, MAC address 001EA9DF0085
Seed: 8A9FA0A4A418B18C (target PIDRNG frame 239, leading with female Cute Charm Minccino)

I don't know if I should include additional info like my IDs, but if that helps, I'll reply with them.

In addition... I don't know if it's just me being untrained in listening to these chirps, but so far, I'm finding I can't rely on their pitches to tell me what frame I'm on. They never seem to match up to what RNG Reporter says.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Where is a good place to find my parameters in White 2?
If you can use Pokécheck or some other means of finding exact IVs, you can do it anywhere. If not, you'll want to do it in the highest-level area you have access to
Can eggs be traded over WiFi to Pad Pals? (Just double checking.)
Yes.
Okay, so. I'm trying to catch a shiny, physical-perfect Growlithe on my copy of Black 2 (official, not a flash cart). I can hit my needed seed okay when my timer0's not trolling me. I seem to be having a lot of trouble with the PIDRNG advancement, though.

After a few resets, I figured out that the NPCs in the area seemed to advance the frame to 80 before I could actually access the menu, and from there I figured how many Chatot chirps I needed. But when I flipped the needed number of times, I wound up three frames over. I tried again with three less flips... and I wound up two frames under. I tried one less flip than I initially figured... two frames over. Two less flips... somehow five frames over.

This is starting to drive me up a wall, here. Is this wholly the fault of the NPCs/my not hammering X fast enough, or is there some other possible cause here?

Additional info if that helps:
Version: 9.965 Beta
DS Lite, MAC address 001EA9DF0085
Seed: 8A9FA0A4A418B18C (target PIDRNG frame 239, leading with female Cute Charm Minccino)

I don't know if I should include additional info like my IDs, but if that helps, I'll reply with them.

In addition... I don't know if it's just me being untrained in listening to these chirps, but so far, I'm finding I can't rely on their pitches to tell me what frame I'm on. They never seem to match up to what RNG Reporter says.
Sweet Scent with NPCs is tough. They continue to advance during the Sweet Scent animation, and they may advance differently depending on what frame you stopped on (especially if there's a lot of them). Trial and error is really the only way to do it, and if it seems like you can't hit your target frame at all, you may want to re-save your game and try again, which will make the NPCs start from different positions.

Sweet Scent with NPCs is tough. They continue to advance during the Sweet Scent animation, and they may advance differently depending on what frame you stopped on (especially if there's a lot of them). Trial and error is really the only way to do it, and if it seems like you can't hit your target frame at all, you may want to re-save your game and try again, which will make the NPCs start from different positions.
I did note that they continued to move during the animation, yes... that's why I started to subtract flips. I guess the only thing I can do at the moment is start from ten or so less flips, gradually work up from there, and hope I get lucky, huh?

Will re-saving the game mean I'll have to find out again how much the NPCs are advancing the PIDRNG before I can access the menu?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
I did note that they continued to move during the animation, yes... that's why I started to subtract flips. I guess the only thing I can do at the moment is start from ten or so less flips, gradually work up from there, and hope I get lucky, huh?

Will re-saving the game mean I'll have to find out again how much the NPCs are advancing the PIDRNG before I can access the menu?
Yes, if you resave they'll move differently.

I'm not getting any results using the DS parameter finder so I', trying to widen my search parameters. What are reasonable ranges for Vcount, Timer0, Gxstat, and VFrame that I should try (especially Timer0, I don't know what values to put for the min/max)? I'm using a 3DS, but I assume if I have to change the variables manually, it shouldn't matter what system I'm using.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)