Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
CHALLENGING USER PWNEMON

6v6 Singles (Mons must have 30 or less moves)
2 Day DQ Time
∞ Recoveries/∞ Chills per Pokemon
2 Substitutions
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena

2vs2 Doubles 1 FE and 1 NFE
3 Day DQ
Items = Training
Switch = OK
Abilities = All
1 Recover, 3 Chills

Arena of your choosing (not ASB arena, I want something different)
Still looking for an opponent?

I feel lucky... let's try this arena: the current Flying Gym. Note that the tailwind effect that is normally in control of the Gym Leader will not be active this battle for fairness.

Gym Thread said:
A few miles off the coast of land a large pillar sticks out of the ocean. It reaches up into the clouds, the top blocked from view when the sky is not clear. Atop the pillar lies a square battlefield, traditional in almost every sense. However, a few important differences set this place apart from your standard Pokemon arena.

First of all, the pillar itself is hollow and filled with water, that creates a pool at the fields center, giving combatants a water source other than the sea miles below. Secondly, the field itself is exceptionally thin, and as such all Pokemon who attempt to bury through it will plummet to their demise if they cannot keep themselves aloft. Finally, at each corner of the field are pillars with what appear to be nest-like structures at the top. These features allow sky based Pokemon to rest their wings more easily.

But what is even more important than the physical features of the arena are the natural effects of the location. Due to its location above the tropical seas and the directness of the sun's rays, hail turns to rain before it ever reaches the ground. Additionally, a lack of sand makes summoning a sandstorm impossible.

However, the most prominent feature of the gym is the wind. At this high altitude, strong winds are nearly a constant. The prevailing air currents bring big gusts in from the west on a regular basis, from right behind where the gym leader stands. This provides a constant effect similar to a Tailwind at one third of normal strength for the gym leader's Pokemon. In addition, the strong winds also amplify moves that use their effects, boosting their power and their accuracy as.

Summary:

• No Sandstorm or Hail
  • The thin battle platform prevents Dig.
    • Well technically using Dig will just cause the digging Pokemon to plummet thousands of feet into the water below, putting them out of bounds and knocking them out of the battle.
    • Flying and Levitating Pokemon who won't fall can still use Dig, but it won't actually do anything.
    • Seriously though, this is the flying gym. Why would you be using Dig anyways?
    • All other attacks are allowed.
  • Energy Cost of Roost reduced by 1.
  • Permanent Tailwind-like effect on Gym Leaders side (provides 1.33x speed boost)
  • Wind Based attacks have their base accuracy increased by 10% up to a maximum of 100%
  • Wind Based attacks have base power increased by 2
  • Wind based moves include the following: Hurricane, Razor Wind, Gust, Twister, Air Slash, Ominous Wind, Silver Wind, Heat Wave, Icy Wind (There may be others that I am forgetting)
  • Changes to the accuracy of attacks due to the wind are factored in before any other effects, such as stage boosts to accuracy or evasion.
  • All effects, including the power boost to wind moves and the Tailwind effect, are arena effects, not weather effects, and thus can not be negated by Cloud Nine, Air Lock or other such effects.

Open Challenge!

2v2
Singles
2 days DQ time
Abilities = All
Switch = KO
Items = Training
2 recovery moves, 5 chills per pokemon per match
Arena: Outdoor arena in open light, made of chalk on dirt.

This is my first match, so go easy... please?

Also, what does "Training Items" mean?

Stratos

Banned deucer.
i'll take you on, matoduski!

your avatar disturbs me greatly btw

training items means you can bring the exp share, amulet coin, and lucky egg, but no other items

ps please make it training items :3

Think I'll take another battle while waiting on my first.

Open Challenge!
2v2 LC Singles
DQ 2 Days (willing to extend to 3 if needed)
All Abilities Allowed
Switch: OK
Items: Training I guess
Everything else: Whatever you wish :]

Edit: Now we just need a ref

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Think I'll take another battle while waiting on my first.

Open Challenge!
2v2 LC Singles
DQ 2 Days (willing to extend to 3 if needed)
All Abilities Allowed
Items: Training I guess
Everything else: Whatever you wish :]
Everything else here:-
1 recovery / 2 chills per mon
2 substitutions
ASB Standard Arena

Issuing an Open Challenge!!

4v4 Doubles
LC and/or NFE or any combination of the two.
All items
All abilities

Arena:
Field Type: All
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All
Restrictions: None except for the Armors

Description:
After cleaning up the mess from the disasterious battle between fellow scientist, King Serperior, and his foe, Glacier Knight, King Serperior scrapped all the armors and ordered his fellow scientists to go back to the drawing board.

After two years of constant research, King Serperior and his fellow scientists came up with newer and better armors......

Before we get to the armors, the arena is an exact replica of the ASB Arena.

When the pokemon are sent in, the ref RNG's which armor is given to each mon.

1). Aero Armor - An oldie, but a goodie. This jet-powered armor adds an extra flying-typing to the wearer and increases base speed by 33%. If the wearer is already of the flying type, then it gains 2X STAB on all of its flying moves and its Flying weaknesses are doubled. It also gains the following moves as long as it wears the armor: Aerial Ace and Air Cutter

2). Pyro Armor - This specially designed armor is made from a synthetic material that automatically catches itself on fire with no harm to the wearer. The wearer gans the ability, Flame Body, while wearing this armor. All contact moves used by the wearer have a 20% chance to burn the foe. The wearer gains use of the moves, Flame Charge and Flame Burst.

3). Blaster Armor - Strong armor with two large cannons are strapped to the wearer. Each cannon has auto-targeting capabiities. This allows the Wearer to use the move Lock On at half its energy cost rounded up after STAB is applied (Note: If mon does not already know the move Lock On, it gains 2 uses via this armor). Each cannon give the wearer offensive capabilities as well in the form of Charge Beam and Bullet Seed.

4). Power Armor - The wearer gains use of an armor that focuses its power into the upper torso and arms of the user. If the wearer lacks arms and legs, this armor automatically unfolds mechanical arms and legs). Physical attacks used against the wearer have their final damage decreased by 2. The wearer of the armor gains the moves, Close Combat and Mach Punch.

5). Heavyweight Armor - After countless retesting and experimentation, this failed and overpowered armor was completely redesigned. The wearer's weight class becomes 12. The wearer cannot use moves that cannot be used in Gravity. The Defense and Sp.Defense ranks of the wearer are increased by 2. The wearer learns the moves, Magnitude and Iron Defense.

6). Reversal Armor - This question-mark covered armor gives the ability, Contrary, to the wearer. It also reverses the type weaknesses and resistenses of the wearer. If the wearer is a fire/bug type, its 4X rock weakness becomes a 4X rock resist. Any immunties that the wearer has are kept. The wearer gains the ability to use Reversal and Mirror Coat.

Everything else id decided by the acceptor

Fuck, is ANYONE going to ref my challenge?

While I'm waiting, I issue ANOTHER open challenge. Someone else take it, I guess.
I just want to start doing this ;.;

While I'm waiting, I issue ANOTHER open challenge. Someone else take it, I guess.
I'll accept your challenge!

2v2
Singles
2 days DQ time
Abilities = All
Switch = OK
Items = Training

2v2
Singles
2 days DQ time
Abilities = All
Switch = OK
Items = Training
Let's go!
(Oh, and by the way, when I set that as the Arena before, I meant to imply there were no real effects of the arena, while still making it a sensible arena for a beginner. So yeah, nothing unless the ref decides to play around?)

2v2
Singles
2 days DQ time
Abilities = All
Switch = OK
Items = Training
I'll ref this. PM me them critters!

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'll take IAR vs Pwnemon (assuming no one did yet)

PM me your teams.

- - -

Also, anyone willing to ref this?

Frosty said:
Open Challenge:

6 vs 6 FE Doubles
Arena: Pokemon Stadium
Subs: 3
Items: OK

Challenger can pick the rest
Yarnus of Bethany said:
Got this.
Infinite chills/2 recovers
3 day DQ, once can be 6 day DQ

Challenging Texas to a match!

4v4 Doubles FE
3 Day DQ
2 Substitutions
Items=On
Arena: Sword and Shield Gym v. 2.1 (Rotation Battle rules are omitted for this battle)

Flavor:
Hidden in Opelucid City in the Unova region, there lies an old gym that was once used for Rotation Battles, but was left abandoned after some people were hurt in the gym. Maxim has renovated (and improved the safety features of) this gym, and now serves as his (possible and unlikely) gym arena. The gym puzzle generally involves two types of rotating platforms, long sword platforms that connect one place to the next, and circular shield platforms that connect to four places. Every time one platform is rotated, all the others rotate as well. The trick of the gym is to get rotate the shield platforms in such a manner that the sword platforms lead you to the gym stadium.

Recently however, he renovated the arena again in order to fit a new concept that he had figured out (with Lou's help). The gym puzzle remains the same, but now everything has a slightly more organic look, with a pool of water underneath the platforms giving a cool look to the still somewhat dark area. Additionally, some grass and a few trees have been inserted all around the place, though the spinning platforms retain their futuristic look.

Arena:
The arena however has undergone massive revisions. Instead of a long arena with black platforms for the rotations, the battle now takes place in a much bigger room (connected to the puzzle by means of a door). This room is a very wide open space just outside the city itself, filled with grass and, more importantly, lots of berry trees. When one enters the arena, he crosses a small bridge past the moat that wraps around the arena, albeit with a few very small creeks going across the arena itself. The arena is about the size of an average football stadium (well, the playing area at least) and is covered in grass. Outside the moat, the aforementioned berry trees dot the "landscape" around the arena, giving a natural feel to the place. However, the arena also has a much less natural pair of circular, blue platforms, one on each side of the field. Additionally, upon closer inspection, another "moat" wrapping around the arena actually carries a conveyor belt, big enough for all items but small enough that it won't interfere with the battle. Upon looking ever closer the challenger finds that he/she is not outside, but rather in a greenhouse sort of area with a round glass ceiling and concrete walls, the walls painted with a mural that gives the impression of being in a field that stretches across over the horizon and a huge city in the distance.

But enough about that. The arena has an interesting set of rules for the aspiring challenger. First, the two blue platforms are where the Pokemon will stand and face rotation battle rules, though other types of battles can be fought there if the leader wishes. Next, the conveyor belt surrounding the arena is a special item catching belt; if a Pokemon's item is Knocked Off or lost in any other way, the conveyor belt will hand the item back to the Pokemon automatically at the end of the round. Next, all of the challenger's Pokemon and the leader's Pokemon will each get to choose one of the sixteen type resistant berries to give their Pokemon that they can hold alongside their standard item. This berry is put into a special compartment that cannot be stolen, lost, or destroyed in any way. Turns out these berries are necessary, as there's a strange generator under the arena that has an unusual effect. This effect is that when a Pokemon is either weak against or resistant to a move, the damage they take is modified as follows:

4x Weak: 3x Multiplier
2x Weak: 2x Multiplier
Neutral: 1x Multiplier
2x Resist: .6x Multiplier
4x Resist: .35x Multiplier

With that out of the way, can you use your knowledge and strategy to defeat the leader?

Summary:
Items cannot be stolen or destroyed, but can be knocked off. However, any items that are knocked off will be returned
The Trainer can choose one Type Resistant Berry to give to each of his Pokemon in addition to it's normal hold item. This berry cannot be destroyed, stolen, or knocked off.
Type effectiveness multipliers are determined by the chart above instead of the normal multipliers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)