5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
P2 lab has none. Next time you're better off asking that question in this thread, as it doesn't really have anything to with PRNG help.

P2 lab has none. Next time you're better off asking that question in this thread, as it doesn't really have anything to with PRNG help.
Sorry about that. I literally haven't logged on for two years. Anyway, thread related question this time.

I just got BW2 and hear RNGing is much more difficult. Could somebody give an explanation of what a timer0 is and how it's different from BW1?

I just got BW2 and hear RNGing is much more difficult. Could somebody give an explanation of what a timer0 is and how it's different from BW1?
Since you don't know what timer0 is I'm guessing this is your entry into 5th Gen RNG? From 4th Gen, I imagine? Well, the guides and whatnot explain in more detail, but the abridged version is that timer0 is what 5th Gen has instead of delay, except BW1 only have two per second and BW2 increase that to up to 10 or so. They're generated when your game loads up. BW2 is more difficult than BW1 but both still beat 4th Gen by a mile.

Since you don't know what timer0 is I'm guessing this is your entry into 5th Gen RNG? From 4th Gen, I imagine? Well, the guides and whatnot explain in more detail, but the abridged version is that timer0 is what 5th Gen has instead of delay, except BW1 only have two per second and BW2 increase that to up to 10 or so. They're generated when your game loads up. BW2 is more difficult than BW1 but both still beat 4th Gen by a mile.
Actually, Ive been RNGing in 5th gen for awhile, but getting my parameters was so easy I didn't pay attention to the timer0. Anyway, is this be compensated with eontimer?

I don't know if it's related to EonTimer, but I pretty much mastered always starting my game at the same time (something like a 16th beat after the clock tick) and I had little issue hitting my timer0 for most of my Genesects (11 from Black 2 JP- I am now sick to death of the first 40 minutes of the game, haha). The Modest HP Water one was a bastard but I eventually just found another seed and got it in two tries. Plus, now I have a list of starting positions for a WNPC in the second town so the next wondercard that comes out will be quick and simple :)
~Uiru

<-- another guy who hasn't RNGed in a while looking to start again in BW2

So I know (or can re-teach myself at any rate) how to do RNG in the original BW. So for the simple rundown, how are things different in BW2? I read the post on the front page and it seems like the only main differing thing is more Timer0 possibilities for more frustrations (I never used c-gear seeds or any of the other things anyways, so not concerned about those). Otherwise, parameters are still found in the same manner? And the biggest question I guess, assuming I'm still using the same old DS for RNG in BW2, are the parameters still the same from BW or do I need to find a new set for BW2 carts?

Thanks!

<-- another guy who hasn't RNGed in a while looking to start again in BW2

So I know (or can re-teach myself at any rate) how to do RNG in the original BW. So for the simple rundown, how are things different in BW2? I read the post on the front page and it seems like the only main differing thing is more Timer0 possibilities for more frustrations (I never used c-gear seeds or any of the other things anyways, so not concerned about those). Otherwise, parameters are still found in the same manner? And the biggest question I guess, assuming I'm still using the same old DS for RNG in BW2, are the parameters still the same from BW or do I need to find a new set for BW2 carts?

Thanks!
You have to find your new parameters for b2 and w2 as paramaters depend on the system and game cart combination.and others are same...except u cant rng in breeding and check memory link in your profile if you have memory linked...

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
RNG Reporter is kind of a one stop shop. The IV calculator will fill in your IV's. The only thing else you need is your system's MAC address.
That's not what they asked.

In response to the original question, any place with higher leveled Pokémon will do. Route 23 would be pretty decent, especially since there a few level 56 stationary Amoonguss you can keep resetting in front of to find their IVs.

Um hey there guys, I have never RNG'd before at all and want to get legit shinies with decent if not max Ivs in Pokemon white 2, but I cannot follow the instructions on the first page properly.

I am using Rng reporter 9.96.5 Beta. Can anyone help me or at least push me in the right direction. For example, (in step one of the guide on the first page) it says "Open up RNG Reporter and select Method 5 in the Time Finder" but every time I click the time finder button...It prompts me to create a new profile, and then it refuses to let me create a profile (always says invalid). Am I pressing the right button or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Hi I'm currently trying to RNG an Adamant Riolu on Flocessy Ranch in Black 2. I hit my seed and PID frame, using an adamant synchronizer. However, I keep getting a Bold nature, which RNG Reporter tells me is synchronizable. Am I doing something wrong? :(

I might add that I'm using a synchronizer that was traded. Does that matter?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Um hey there guys, I have never RNG'd before at all and want to get legit shinies with decent if not max Ivs in Pokemon white 2, but I cannot follow the instructions on the first page properly.

I am using Rng reporter 9.96.5 Beta. Can anyone help me or at least push me in the right direction. For example, (in step one of the guide on the first page) it says "Open up RNG Reporter and select Method 5 in the Time Finder" but every time I click the time finder button...It prompts me to create a new profile, and then it refuses to let me create a profile (always says invalid). Am I pressing the right button or what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
Most likely it's saying it's invalid because you entered something incorrectly. Can you post a screenshot of how you were trying to set up your profile?
Hi I'm currently trying to RNG an Adamant Riolu on Flocessy Ranch in Black 2. I hit my seed and PID frame, using an adamant synchronizer. However, I keep getting a Bold nature, which RNG Reporter tells me is synchronizable. Am I doing something wrong? :(

I might add that I'm using a synchronizer that was traded. Does that matter?
It's possible you selected the wrong method, or aren't actually hitting the right PID frame. Can you post a screenshot of the main window?

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus

Thanks.
The area causing the error should be where your cursor is focused.

Thanks.
Ignore that guide in the first post; it's outdated. The parts of that post you should be paying attention to are the links to the on-site guides (which, while much more up-to-date, are still a bit behind, but it's enough to get you started, just keep in mind that the DS Parameters Search is under the 5th Gen Tools menu now), and the spoiler at the top of the post that details what's different about BW2 abuse as opposed to BW1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)