In-Game Articles for the 5th Gen

What would people think of an IV checking guide? I reckon it would complement the breeding article well.

I think I'd cover all the methods to get indications of IVs: Characteristic, IV checker man, stats Battle Subway battles, and use of IV calculators. (Any others I've missed?) I'd try and orient it so the quicker stuff, that can at least determine if an IV isn't a certain value, is covered first; essentially based on the idea that a player knows the IVs they want and wants to check if their Pokemon meet it. Finally I'd probably include how to get Rare Candies, since they're useful for IV calculators.

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
Can I make an RNG Guide for Standard RNG? I already started and it's about 1/2
done-ish.
Thanks!

I wanted to write a strategy pokedex for ingame use. aragonbird posted one on gamefaqs for hg/ss, and he did a really good job of it. Basically, I'd be writing a moveset guide for every fully evolved Unima pokemon, giving them points for various aspects (obtainability, power, moves). Any help would obviously be appreciated as well.

Since the BW2 In-Game tier list is already taken, can I work on the Legendary Capture Guide?

Also, would a "farming" FAQ be helpful? It could describe ways to rake in shards, BP, and competitive items for those that play legitimately. For instance, I've found hotspots that consistently spit out 18-20 shards in the Find Shards! Lv2 Funfest Mission (while playing alone), while I've cobbled up together a triples team that can rake in 15-18 BP in the PWT Champions Tournament consistently.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I have a question regarding the article "Event Pokemon of 5th Gen". Is it inclusive of all region Events (i.e. Japan events, etc.)? Is it only supposed to mention where to get the event from or can it also include competitive value of the event?

In spite of this, this article sounds appealing to write up, especially for my upcoming Winter break.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Since the BW2 In-Game tier list is already taken, can I work on the Legendary Capture Guide?

Also, would a "farming" FAQ be helpful? It could describe ways to rake in shards, BP, and competitive items for those that play legitimately. For instance, I've found hotspots that consistently spit out 18-20 shards in the Find Shards! Lv2 Funfest Mission (while playing alone), while I've cobbled up together a triples team that can rake in 15-18 BP in the PWT Champions Tournament consistently.
You can work on the capture guide.

A farming FAQ would be helpful. I really don't know much about farming since i haven't beaten bw 2 yet but it sounds like a good idea for an article or a letter.

I have a question regarding the article "Event Pokemon of 5th Gen". Is it inclusive of all region Events (i.e. Japan events, etc.)? Is it only supposed to mention where to get the event from or can it also include competitive value of the event?

In spite of this, this article sounds appealing to write up, especially for my upcoming Winter break.
It should be all regions. Here is the one Jimbo did awhile go - http://www.smogon.com/ingame/guides/event_pokemon , I really like it and would like the new article to be similar.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hmm, I see. Well, I talked with Nexus over that article and he said he'd most liky disapprove due to the ever changing nature of how Events show. So I'll probably pass for now.

I would like to propose an article. Perhaps a move tutor guide?

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Guess I should post here.

I asked Jellicent about doing a Dream Radar guide via PM and he said he approves. For now I think it'll be an article rather than a letter. I'll try get it done ASAP.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)