Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Issuing an Open Challenge!!

4v4 Doubles
LC and/or NFE or any combination of the two.
All items
All abilities

Arena:
Field Type: All
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All
Restrictions: None except for the Armors

Description:
After cleaning up the mess from the disasterious battle between fellow scientist, King Serperior, and his foe, Glacier Knight, King Serperior scrapped all the armors and ordered his fellow scientists to go back to the drawing board.

After two years of constant research, King Serperior and his fellow scientists came up with newer and better armors......

Before we get to the armors, the arena is an exact replica of the ASB Arena.

When the pokemon are sent in, the ref RNG's which armor is given to each mon.

1). Aero Armor - An oldie, but a goodie. This jet-powered armor adds an extra flying-typing to the wearer and increases base speed by 33%. If the wearer is already of the flying type, then it gains 2X STAB on all of its flying moves and its Flying weaknesses are doubled. It also gains the following moves as long as it wears the armor: Aerial Ace and Air Cutter

2). Pyro Armor - This specially designed armor is made from a synthetic material that automatically catches itself on fire with no harm to the wearer. The wearer gans the ability, Flame Body, while wearing this armor. All contact moves used by the wearer have a 20% chance to burn the foe. The wearer gains use of the moves, Flame Charge and Flame Burst.

3). Blaster Armor - Strong armor with two large cannons are strapped to the wearer. Each cannon has auto-targeting capabiities. This allows the Wearer to use the move Lock On at half its energy cost rounded up after STAB is applied (Note: If mon does not already know the move Lock On, it gains 2 uses via this armor). Each cannon give the wearer offensive capabilities as well in the form of Charge Beam and Bullet Seed.

4). Power Armor - The wearer gains use of an armor that focuses its power into the upper torso and arms of the user. If the wearer lacks arms and legs, this armor automatically unfolds mechanical arms and legs). Physical attacks used against the wearer have their final damage decreased by 2. The wearer of the armor gains the moves, Close Combat and Mach Punch.

5). Heavyweight Armor - After countless retesting and experimentation, this failed and overpowered armor was completely redesigned. The wearer's weight class becomes 12. The wearer cannot use moves that cannot be used in Gravity. The Defense and Sp.Defense ranks of the wearer are increased by 2. The wearer learns the moves, Magnitude and Iron Defense.

6). Reversal Armor - This question-mark covered armor gives the ability, Contrary, to the wearer. It also reverses the type weaknesses and resistenses of the wearer. If the wearer is a fire/bug type, its 4X rock weakness becomes a 4X rock resist. Any immunties that the wearer has are kept. The wearer gains the ability to use Reversal and Mirror Coat.

Everything else id decided by the acceptor
King-Serperior, I'll take that. =]

2 Recoveries / 5 Chills
Switch = OK
2 Substitutions
3 Day DQ
Anyone wish to ref this? It should've a rather simple battle ^_^

Open Challenge!

2v2
Singles
2 days DQ time
Abilities = All
Switch = KO
Items = Training
2 recovery moves, 5 chills per pokemon per match
Arena: Outdoor arena in open light, made of chalk on dirt.

This is my first match, so go easy... please?

Also, what does "Training Items" mean?
pwnemon said:
i'll take you on, matoduski!

your avatar disturbs me greatly btw

training items means you can bring the exp share, amulet coin, and lucky egg, but no other items

ps please make it training items :3
Anyone gonna ref this?

Assuming a pokemon without evolutions counts as FE I'll take the challenge above.

EDIT: Totally misread your post Matezoid ignore this post

And on that note I'll offer up an open challenge

2 vs. 2 Singles (20 Moves or less)
2 days DQ
Abilities = All
Switch = KO
Items = Training
2 Recovery, 5 Chills
ASB Arena

Opening up a 6v6 Singles match.

6v6 FE Singles
2 Day DQ
2 chills/5 recovers per mon
Switch = OK
Arena; The Colosseum

Complexity: Simple
Arena Type: None
Restrictions: None

The Colosseum. Yes, the one in Rome. There's a water source, as well as plenty of rocks. If the Emperor (referee) decrees the match to be too boring, then he may order the release of a pokemon into the arena that will attack indescriminately. It can be a legendary like Kyogre or something smaller like Houndoom.

Assuming a pokemon without evolutions counts as FE I'll take the challenge above.

2 days DQ
Abilities = All
Switch = KO
Items = Training
2 Recovery, 5 Chills
ASB Arena
I'll vs you and I'll cancel my request.

Nevermind, sorry, I forgot my request had been accepted.

2 days DQ
Abilities = All
Switch = KO
Items = Training
2 Recovery, 5 Chills
ASB Arena
Assuming VentusVictory's edit means this is still open, you're on.

2vs2 Doubles 1 FE and 1 NFE
3 Day DQ
Items = Training
Switch = OK
Abilities = All
1 Recover, 3 Chills

Arena of your choosing (not ASB arena, I want something different)
Still looking for an opponent?

I feel lucky... let's try this arena: the current Flying Gym. Note that the tailwind effect that is normally in control of the Gym Leader will not be active this battle for fairness.

Gym Thread said:
A few miles off the coast of land a large pillar sticks out of the ocean. It reaches up into the clouds, the top blocked from view when the sky is not clear. Atop the pillar lies a square battlefield, traditional in almost every sense. However, a few important differences set this place apart from your standard Pokemon arena.

First of all, the pillar itself is hollow and filled with water, that creates a pool at the fields center, giving combatants a water source other than the sea miles below. Secondly, the field itself is exceptionally thin, and as such all Pokemon who attempt to bury through it will plummet to their demise if they cannot keep themselves aloft. Finally, at each corner of the field are pillars with what appear to be nest-like structures at the top. These features allow sky based Pokemon to rest their wings more easily.

But what is even more important than the physical features of the arena are the natural effects of the location. Due to its location above the tropical seas and the directness of the sun's rays, hail turns to rain before it ever reaches the ground. Additionally, a lack of sand makes summoning a sandstorm impossible.

However, the most prominent feature of the gym is the wind. At this high altitude, strong winds are nearly a constant. The prevailing air currents bring big gusts in from the west on a regular basis, from right behind where the gym leader stands. This provides a constant effect similar to a Tailwind at one third of normal strength for the gym leader's Pokemon. In addition, the strong winds also amplify moves that use their effects, boosting their power and their accuracy as.

Summary:

• No Sandstorm or Hail
  • The thin battle platform prevents Dig.
    • Well technically using Dig will just cause the digging Pokemon to plummet thousands of feet into the water below, putting them out of bounds and knocking them out of the battle.
    • Flying and Levitating Pokemon who won't fall can still use Dig, but it won't actually do anything.
    • Seriously though, this is the flying gym. Why would you be using Dig anyways?
    • All other attacks are allowed.
  • Energy Cost of Roost reduced by 1.
  • Permanent Tailwind-like effect on Gym Leaders side (provides 1.33x speed boost)
  • Wind Based attacks have their base accuracy increased by 10% up to a maximum of 100%
  • Wind Based attacks have base power increased by 2
  • Wind based moves include the following: Hurricane, Razor Wind, Gust, Twister, Air Slash, Ominous Wind, Silver Wind, Heat Wave, Icy Wind (There may be others that I am forgetting)
  • Changes to the accuracy of attacks due to the wind are factored in before any other effects, such as stage boosts to accuracy or evasion.
  • All effects, including the power boost to wind moves and the Tailwind effect, are arena effects, not weather effects, and thus can not be negated by Cloud Nine, Air Lock or other such effects.
Still looking for a referee... though LupusAter and I would be willing to settle for the CAP ASB Arena to battle in, if the gym arena is too complex for people.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
OPEN CHALLENGE

1v1 FE Singles
Training Match (Does not Count towards W/L/T)
1 Day DQ Time
∞ Recoveries/∞ Chills per Pokemon
2 Substitutions
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena

Anyone?

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Issuing 3 challenges.

LC Doubles 2v2
DQ Time: 1 Day Player / 2 Day Ref
Abilities: All
Switch: N/A
Items: On
Substitutions: 2
Arena: ASB Arena

FE Doubles 6v6

FE Singles 6v6

2 days DQ
Abilities = All
Switch = KO
Items = Training
2 Recovery, 5 Chills
ASB Arena
Still looking for a ref if anyone wants the job.

I think I'm gonna drop my battle with Ventus (sorry) and accept DFs 6v6 Singles.

I'll ref DF vs Texas.

And my battle with Texas is still in need for a ref.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Open Challenge!

2v2
Singles
2 days DQ time
Abilities = All
Switch = KO
Items = Training
2 recovery moves, 5 chills per pokemon per match
Arena: Outdoor arena in open light, made of chalk on dirt.

This is my first match, so go easy... please?

Also, what does "Training Items" mean?

Originally Posted by Fat pwnemon
i'll take you on, matoduski!

your avatar disturbs me greatly btw

training items means you can bring the exp share, amulet coin, and lucky egg, but no other items

ps please make it training items :3

Anyone gonna ref this?
Well yeah, my activity's dying down a bit, so PM me and I'll put it down.

Since my other challenge was canceled, I'm looking for a new one.

Freshmon Battle
2v2
Doubles
2 days DQ time
Abilities = All
Switch = KO
Items = Training
2 recovery moves, 5 chills
2 Subs

Any takers?

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Accepting the 6v6 singles challenge issued by Rickheg.
All abilities
All items
No sequences
Opening up a 6v6 Singles match.

6v6 FE Singles
2 Day DQ
2 chills/5 recovers per mon
Switch = OK
Arena; The Colosseum

Complexity: Simple
Arena Type: None
Restrictions: None

The Colosseum. Yes, the one in Rome. There's a water source, as well as plenty of rocks. If the Emperor (referee) decrees the match to be too boring, then he may order the release of a pokemon into the arena that will attack indescriminately. It can be a legendary like Kyogre or something smaller like Houndoom.
reffing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)