Finally, A team that uses Keldeo!

FINALLY, A TEAM THAT USES KELDEO!

Hey guys, 'tis I, Zernon the forfeiter. (also known as the apprentice of Rory)
So it hasn't really been long since I last posted an RMT but srsly, who the fuck cares?
Ok, so this team was based upon Breloom and Keldeo (WHICH APPARENTLY HAVE GREAT SYNERGY TOGETHER).
And an idea also came when i saw in a thread here about a Steel/Water/Dragon core, so I was like,
"Well, Keldeo is a pretty interesting pokemon so, WHY THE HECK NOT?!"
Yeah I came up with this like, a few hours ago and I want help to improve my standing in the ladder.
Let's start, shall we?

Stubfist (Breloom) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

Oh yeah, beast Breloom is beast.
So this breloom set was shamefully stolen from
GTG'S AWARD WINNING RMT "The Art of Peer Pressure"
It serves as my lead most of the time against Rain teams and other hullabaloos.
(Hail is also cock block'd due to Stab Technician Mach Punch)
So the idea of this set is to spore, then either set up to +3 or damage with mach punch and bullet seed.
It also helps in punching holes before one of my pokemon sweeps.

Next up...

Resolver (Keldeo-Resolution) @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 188 SDef / 68 HP
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Not really the star of the team, just something to get you guys interested.
So Keldeo is more of a poke that tries to synergize well with Breloom,
So that it will be easier for Garchump to shit things up later.
So you may be asking what the EV spread is all about,
It's just supposed to live special hits and set up.
If the opponent is faster though, Icy wind is there.
Hydro Pump is for a strong STAB and Secret Sword is for trolling the Pink Blobs.

Next up...

Garchump (Garchomp) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Ahhh, Garchomp. The land shark that has come back to OU.
You're greatness has taken you to many places, and now you are in my team!
So yeah, this Garchomp is the SubSD chomp that once roamed OU. (Idk when lol)
It's funny because no one expects it and then they all get sweeped later at some point lol.
So the point of this set is to switch into something that won't do much harm and then Sub on them.
You then proceed to SD and either Sweep or Mini-Sweep.
Not too interesting, but beastly in it's role.

Next up...

Emo Bitch (Gothitelle) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Emo Bitch is a real bitch.
Lol, other than being the least successful member in my team, she does her job well enough.
Her job is to trap pokes (preferrably weather setters)
and although the team doesn't have any weather setters,
I am thinking of getting one (Like a hail or rain dance sorta poke).
Psychic is for STAB, Shadow Ball is for coverage,
HP Rock for Ninetales and that Snowman thing...
Obamasnow and Thunderbolt for Politoed.

Next up...

Killin w Krillin (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Another Poke that was shamefully stolen from
GTG'S AWARD WINNING RMT "The art of Peer Pressure"
Lol, but anyways, this guy's job is to set up rocks really quick (Yes, with Scarf)
And then crap some holes (and some hax) on the opponent.
It's actually not that effective though because I'm not used to it. (LOLZERNONYOUSUCK)
So yeah, another really boring description. (suggest a set, if you may)

Next up...

Crap'n (Muk) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Stench
EVs: 252 SDef / 120 HP / 136 Atk
Careful Nature
- Fire Punch
- Poison Jab
- Pain Split
- Stockpile

YAY MUK! Yep, I got this idea from The Craptain because
I thought it was a good Genesect counter
(UNLESS IT HAS IRON HEAD, WHICH IT RARELY DOES)
And he keeps on bragging on killing my Latios
EVEN THOUGH IT WAS CLEARLY POISONED.
Great Job Crap'n.
Also, when I made this team, I needed a tspikes absorber on the last spot,
So it was a pretty good fit.
Fire Punch is there to obviously hit the fuck out of Genesect
and Poison Jab is for STAB. (ooh a rhyme)
Pain Split because Muk doesn't have any other form of reliable recovery.
And Stockpile because imma troll.

So yiss, that's all I have, and I hope you Rate, Hate, and Steal.

Stubfist (Breloom) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

Resolver (Keldeo-Resolution) @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 188 SDef / 68 HP
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Garchump (Garchomp) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Emo Bitch (Gothitelle) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball

Killin w Krillin (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Crap'n (Muk) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Stench
EVs: 252 SDef / 120 HP / 136 Atk
Careful Nature
- Fire Punch
- Poison Jab
- Pain Split
- Stockpile

Ok, first off focus sash breloom is really crappy as its only good for taking down politoad which is pointless unless your running your own weather so you should be using either life orb or fight gem. Also Keldeo should be running hp ice over icy wind because icy wind isn't even a guaranteed ohko on salamance. Just a few things I caught hoped it helped!

I haven't posted here in a while, anyway Hi there.
I have a few problems with the team and i will adress each one indavidually.

First on Breloom.
I am worried that you only mentioned that it is there for the sake of the fact it is apparently a good core with Keldeo and the ability to take out Politoed and Abomasnow.
You are relying on Gothitelle to take out opposing leads.
Well with your current Breloom set you can take out all weather setters including Ninetails with a +2 adamant Mach Punch or +4 Mach Punch with Jolly for a 2hko (Jolly +2 can result in 3 hits to ko).
Life Orb is an option but seen as he is a lead Focus Sash is very fitting.

I love Keldeo-R not only because it looks boss but it is a monster.
Give it Hydro Pump and your away.
Though i tend to run surf for reliablity.
Icy Wind sucks as stated already by Gengarsnemisis.
Icy wind 25% chance to Ohko Salamance 4/0/0 or Ohko after rocks so its as good as an OHKO.
Though when paired up against dragonite it is a 3hko compaired to HpIce 2hko.
It just doesnt pair up well against pokemon such as latios which are vital for taking out on the switch in.
I always run timid 252SATk life orb and that wrecks paired with offencive Techiloom.
You can still run Calm Mind but with LO damage stacking it makes keldeo somewhat frail and open to attacks from starmie and genesect.
I like to run aqua Jet in the final slot for the sake of priority that can dispose of pokemon like dugtrio when needed.

Garchomp is fine but notice your current weakness to Latios with no pokemon countering it and only Jirachi walling it.

I dont really like Gothitelle on this team as it doesnt actually take out any weather starter ebing OHKO'd by Tyranitar and Specstoed. Its coverage isnt essential and you need a counter to latios.
I suggest CBand Scizor it traps with Pursuit and revenge kills.
Nothing takes it U-turn with ease.

Jirachi likes to abuse Body slam but seen as your running scarf i guess the set works.

So Muk is here to counter genesect?
Try Heatran it counters Genesect and can set up rocks easy letting Jirachi carry another offensive move it can abuse a balloon well to avoid Hp ground from genesect where as Muk cannnot fully abuse it.
Muk is just adding to your psychic weakness and is set up fodder.

Sorry for quik rate i hope this helps to some extent though.

mkizzy

formerly kenny
If you do decide to keep Muk, I'd suggest giving it either 196 EVs in Attack or giving it an Adamant nature and lowering the amount of EVs to 96 in Attack.

With the current 136 EVs:
136 Atk Muk Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Genesect: 272-320 (96.11 - 113.07%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

With 196:
196 Atk Muk Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Genesect: 284-336 (100.35 - 118.72%) -- guaranteed OHKO

With Adamant and 96 EVs:
96+ Atk Muk Fire Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Genesect: 284-336 (100.35 - 118.72%) -- guaranteed OHKO

With your current nature + EV spread it might not OHKO Genesect.

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Okay, your team is to be appreciated for the effort you put in creativity, but really, Muk is a terrible choice in OU and turn what would be a good team in a not-so-good one by just being there. Your team is already dangerously close to being 6-0ed by RP Sheer Force Landorus, and Muk gives a huge opportunity for it to set up, 2HKO with Earth Power, and destroy everything else (it will need some residual damage if it's not running Psychic). Now, Rotom-H would be almost a perfect fit since it covers RP Lando with ease, hard counter Genesect, is not Dugtrio bait and it's badass in general, however the fact that you don't carry a Spinner makes that impossible. You could, however, use Starmie over Keldeo and gain the spinner you need, while not losing much (let's be honest, a +1 uninvested Hydro Pump is not doing much, it can't even 2HKO Jirachi for example, Icy Wind barely tickles Lati@s that can come in, Trick, Psyshock or set up their own CMs, and every Toxic / TWave user out there ruins badly the whole set).

Starmie @ Leftovers | Natural Cure
Timid | 252 HP / 24 Def / 8 SpA / 224 Spe
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Rotom-H @ Leftovers | Levitate
Calm | 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Toxic / Will-O-Wisp

So let's take a step back and watch what the duo Starmie / Rotom-H does for your team: they form a FWG core with Breloom; they cover many dangerous threats like Keldeo, Gengar, Tentacruel and others for Starmie; Tornadus, Genesect, Special Landorus, Scizor for Rotom-H; and while not solving your weakness to Water attacks, they mitigate it somewhat since Starmie has sizable bulk and reliable recovery alongside good Speed to Recover in the face of things, and Muk is not going to take Hydro Pumps much better than Rotom-W anyway (Specs Politoed almost OHKOs...). You should take into consideration this "core" for your team, if you plan to try my suggestion, and cover the residual weaknesses with small changes in playtesting phase (for example, CM Latias can replace Garchomp, retaining a setup sweeper but solving Water spamming problems completely). I hope the rate was useful somewhat, I fee that it's definitely not one of my best so sorry if it doesn't Good luck!

Ok, get rid of Muk for Heatran. Now that that's settled, Scarf Thundurus-T kills Garchomp with HP Ice, has a 68.75% chance to OHKO Breloom with it-which means any prior damage guarantees the OHKO- Jirachi and Gothitelle are 2HKOd by Thunderbolt after a layer of Spikes, so you can assume the damage Thunder will do. Therefore, I suggest changing Garchomp to a Choice Scarfer with a spread of 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP and Jirachi to a spread of 252 HP/224 SpDef, 32 Spe. Garchomp has one more point in base speed than Thundurus-T, and seeing as how most of them run a +Spe nature, Jolly Nature with a set of Stone Edge, Outrage, EQ, Fire Fang/Blast would help. Hope you like my suggestion and hope the team works out.

personally, i love breloom, its more convenient for me than poison heal gliscor, but not in this case. i know its obvious that it has a double weakness to flying, and i know keldeo could use icy wind, but the pony also has that weakness, potentially crippling your team. i personally would replace it with poison heal gliscor.
Gliscor@Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EV's 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spd
Substitute/Protect
Toxic
Taunt
Earthquake

For a sash breloom, I would reccomand

Breloom@focus sash
Technician
252 Atk 252 speed 4 HP
-spore
-focus punch
-Mach punch
-swords dance/bullet seed/low sweep

It works about the same way as your set, but gives you a choice on focus punch, which does a butt load.

I would not reccomand on muk, as it is only decent in the OU metagame. Replacing it with heatran would be better.

Ok, first off focus sash breloom is really crappy as its only good for taking down politoad which is pointless unless your running your own weather so you should be using either life orb or fight gem. Also Keldeo should be running hp ice over icy wind because icy wind isn't even a guaranteed ohko on salamance. Just a few things I caught hoped it helped!
Well first of all, I wouldn't really DISagree with you on the breloom, I used to run a Leftovers set but I think it's not too good, well, but i'm gonna test out life orb and fight gem.
As for Keldeo, Icy wind is for making things slower even though Hidden Power Ice has better power. If it hits something that's faster than it with an icy wind it will help its teammates in sweeping.

Okay, your team is to be appreciated for the effort you put in creativity, but really, Muk is a terrible choice in OU and turn what would be a good team in a not-so-good one by just being there. Your team is already dangerously close to being 6-0ed by RP Sheer Force Landorus, and Muk gives a huge opportunity for it to set up, 2HKO with Earth Power, and destroy everything else (it will need some residual damage if it's not running Psychic). Now, Rotom-H would be almost a perfect fit since it covers RP Lando with ease, hard counter Genesect, is not Dugtrio bait and it's badass in general, however the fact that you don't carry a Spinner makes that impossible. You could, however, use Starmie over Keldeo and gain the spinner you need, while not losing much (let's be honest, a +1 uninvested Hydro Pump is not doing much, it can't even 2HKO Jirachi for example, Icy Wind barely tickles Lati@s that can come in, Trick, Psyshock or set up their own CMs, and every Toxic / TWave user out there ruins badly the whole set).

Starmie @ Leftovers | Natural Cure
Timid | 252 HP / 24 Def / 8 SpA / 224 Spe
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Rotom-H @ Leftovers | Levitate
Calm | 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
- Overheat
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Toxic / Will-O-Wisp

So let's take a step back and watch what the duo Starmie / Rotom-H does for your team: they form a FWG core with Breloom; they cover many dangerous threats like Keldeo, Gengar, Tentacruel and others for Starmie; Tornadus, Genesect, Special Landorus, Scizor for Rotom-H; and while not solving your weakness to Water attacks, they mitigate it somewhat since Starmie has sizable bulk and reliable recovery alongside good Speed to Recover in the face of things, and Muk is not going to take Hydro Pumps much better than Rotom-W anyway (Specs Politoed almost OHKOs...). You should take into consideration this "core" for your team, if you plan to try my suggestion, and cover the residual weaknesses with small changes in playtesting phase (for example, CM Latias can replace Garchomp, retaining a setup sweeper but solving Water spamming problems completely). I hope the rate was useful somewhat, I fee that it's definitely not one of my best so sorry if it doesn't Good luck!
I appreciate the rate very much but I was wondering, who should I switch with Rotom-h? Thanks for the rate again!

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Sorry for being unclear. Muk is the one to be taken out; he and Rotom-H share the Genesect counter role, but Rotom-H is better in the sense that checks more things (Tornadus, Sun teams, etc), is not weak to Ground, and has a superior moveset that allows way more utility than Muk. Loss of fighting resistance doesn't matter that much if you use Starmie, since you'd have two Psychic types that can easily sponge Fighting attacks (and hopefully kill them, especially in Gothitelle's case).

Sorry for being unclear. Muk is the one to be taken out; he and Rotom-H share the Genesect counter role, but Rotom-H is better in the sense that checks more things (Tornadus, Sun teams, etc), is not weak to Ground, and has a superior moveset that allows way more utility than Muk. Loss of fighting resistance doesn't matter that much if you use Starmie, since you'd have two Psychic types that can easily sponge Fighting attacks (and hopefully kill them, especially in Gothitelle's case).
Gothitelle, as i've said , isn't very useful. Any suggestions?
But I've tried your FWG core and it works really well, I just turned it to a more offensive core.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)