A Bad Player's Bad Team (Currently 1618 on showdown)

So I have been out of the scene for about 2-3 years at this point. I recently went on showdown and used a stolen, out-of-date team to reach an illustrious 7-2 record, and thought I might try my hand at the wonderful activity of teambuilding. Since I lack creativity, this is essentially just a cobbled together collection sets I like and think are good, so don't expect greatness. Any and all feedback is appreciated, as long as it's not overly hateful.

A Couple a' Gangstas

Big Dog Breloom @ Focus Sash
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)​
- Spore​
- Swords Dance​
- Bullet Seed​
- Mach Punch

So dis guy is pretty good. Utility out the ass, at the very least, and can usually take out one or two pokes at the start depending on how many fighting resists the opponent has. Against leads like Toed who try to be sleep fodder, I can just kill with Bullet Seed, and then Bullet Seed + Mach Punch the switch-in, usually dealing at least 70% of it's life. Alternatively, I can just destroy a Terrakion lead with Bullet Seed, or Spore+SD against something that doesn't threaten me, allowing me at least two good hits with Focus Sash letting me take at least one attack. It can also serve to surprise the opponent by drawing in a poke intended to take out Terrakion, who I put in the default lead spot (an idea as stolen as this set). EVs are so he can hit hard and move fast.

G Dizzle Genesect @ Life Orb
Trait: Download
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 228 Spe
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)​
- Rock Polish​
- Giga Drain​
- Ice Beam​
- Flamethrower

I would be remiss if I ever made a team that didn't contain the most broken poke in the game, so here's my super-creative take on OU's latest big thing. Rock Polish Genesect is both a good partner for Terrakion, able to set up on (ie. Dugtrio and dumb Scizors who kill Terrakion) and good at everything. His major weakness is mitigated by Heatran's ability to take a dump all over sun teams (as welll as ability to lure in Dugtrio for a free setup opportunity), and he can sweep most weakened teams after Breloom and Terrakion do their mini-sweeps that the team tries to ensure. Giga Drain is to get around Rotom-W's and Terrakion's and the like, and sacrifices very little in terms of coverage. EVs are jacked, and are used to outsped positive nature base 80s and neutral base 95s and hit a life orb number.

True Terror Terrakion @ Salac Berry
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 248 Atk / 4 SpDef / 252 Spd​
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)​
- Substitute​
- Stone Edge​
- Swords Dance​
- Close Combat​

Dis guy is big and scary and hits stuff HARD. Like, really hard. If I had to describe him in one word, it would be hard-hitting. This guy pretty much uses Sub to avoid status bs and ease prediction, and then tear holes in the other team with his crazy STABs. A lot of times, a sweep with him will be rendered impossible because of priority or other confounding factors, but he sets up Genesect for an easy run-through of whatever's left after the carnage is over. Scizor's who Bullet Punch his sweep to death are rewarded by a metal bug having his way with their team, and sets up on Heatran, Chansey, and Rotom-H, who enjoy ruining Genesect's day. Deo-D is essentially free setup for this dog, and against those teams, I typically lead with Terrakion to attempt an early 6-0. The EVs let him move quick and hit HARD, and get the Salac boost from 3 subs instead of two.

Real Nigga Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SpA / 232 SpD
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
-Hydro Pump
-Volt Switch
-Will-O-Wisp
-Pain Split

Needing something to deal with rain teams, and being decidedly committed to avoiding the use of any effort whatsoever in the building of this team, I selected good ol Rotom-W, who takes hits like a champ, does a surprisingly good amount of damage with Hydro Pump, and can give me momentum through Volt Switch. My team being so reliant on getting its bevy of sweepers a free turn to set up, Volt Switch can be absolutely crucial, and Rotom's ability to stuff many common rain pokes will grant me that free turn a lot of the time. Even when not against rain, nobody likes to take a Hydro Pump, Volt Switch is still useful, Will-O-Wisp is infuriating, and Pain Split keeps this nigga healthy and in the game.

"He'll Fuck You Up" Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
-Fire Blast
-Earth Power
-Hidden Power Ice
-Stealth Rocks

This G right here is my answer to pesky sun teams, able to stuff the vast majority of sun's threats, and lure in Dugtrio for a setup opportunity for Genesect. Air Balloon opens up his switch opportunities, and lets him do big damage before luring in Dugtrio to set up the bug for a sweep. EVs allow him to hit real hard and move real(ish) quick, and I'm not entirely decided on which nature to go with, but Timid seems like a bit of a waste on such a slow poke. The moves give me coverage against fire- and dragon-types, as well as the joy of seeing Fire Blast miss three times in a row, losing me the game.

Jank-Ass Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
-Ice Punch
-Fire Punch
-Iron Head
-U-turn

I needed a revenge killer/momentum partner for Rotom-W, so I went with possibly the most annoying poke in the game. With Ice Punch, Fire Punch, and Iron Head, Jirachi can revenge kill most anything in the game, or at least flinch it to death, and U-turn serves, much like Volt Switch on Rotom, to give my sweepers the turn of setup they need to wreck house. EVs are standard, as is the nature. Of all the randomly cobbled together pokes on this team, I am least sure of Jirachi, and would be open to a suggested replacement.

For genesect I would get rid of giga drain for thunderbolt so you can have the BoltBeam combo. Also maybe change the pictures of genesect and jirachi to pictures of genesect and jirachi.

y is ur genesect a rattatatatataaata

its a bug not a mouse LOL wat r u on dude

well anyway scarf keldeo can do a lot to this team i mean only rotom can take hydro pumps but if u take a secret sword ur done kid. breloom is a focus sash lead so its going to die early and it wont be of any use so uh yeah maybe u could try a latias instead of rotom they both resist water except keldeo resists fighting too which also helps against other breloom switch sweeps u too. just a thought. if u do use latias try out a life orb one to hit hard as soon as u can so it would be like

Latias @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Moves:
~ Draco Meteor
~ Psyshock
~ Recover
~ HP Fire / Surf

y is ur genesect a rattatatatataaata
Rotom does a lot more than just resist water. He's my main check to rain teams, since he can take a bunch of hits and then pain split back to decent hp. He is more of a bulky water than damage dealer, and life orb latias kinda doesn't do the same thing at all.

For genesect I would get rid of giga drain for thunderbolt so you can have the BoltBeam combo. Also maybe change the pictures of genesect and jirachi to pictures of genesect and jirachi.
I explained my reasoning for Giga Drain in the post, and I have yet to find a situation where Tbolt makes up for the utility of Drain. Also, those are definitely pics of Genesect and Jirachi...

Gigadrain is by far better than thunderbolt with lifeorb, you only lose coverage on heatran, ninetales, infernape which you're switching anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)