My Second Team! OU Sandstorm!

Hi! Welcome to my RMT for the second team I have ever made (yes I am a massive Pokemon noob at Competitive).

This is my first ever Sandstorm team, and my Second ever team, so don't expect this to be anything special, but I would definitely like some help improving this team!

Team Building Process

So I am planning on making one team for every type of weather, and I had only done rain before, so I decided to do Sandstorm.

So I needed my weather inducer, and I picked Tyranitar, because of the massive damage it can do with Choice Band.

Then I wanted a Pokemon made for all out offense, so I went for Choice Band Terrakion, as it does massive damage to almost anything. Just pick the appropriate STAB and watch it deliver giant damage!

I wanted a Revenge Killer, so I went with Stoutland, because of how much of an effective revenge killer he is with Sand Rush.

Then I had 3 Banded Pokemon, so I wanted a bit more of a defensive approach for the next half of the team, so I went with Ferrothorn, because he is my favorite wall and he performed really well in my Rain Team.

I then went with Heatran because he can cover for Ferrothorns fire weakness because he has the ability Flash Fire.

I decided on Rotom-Wash for the last Pokemon, because it has remove ground weaknesses with Levitate and cripple things alot with burn. Once all Physical attackers are crippled with burn, Heatran can then be a beast wall because he is a Specially Bulky set.

In Detail!

Tyranitar!

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
Role: Weather Inducer
EVs: 180 HP 252 Atk 76 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Superpower

With Choice Band, Tyranitar boasts a massive 604 attack, meaning that nothing like switching into its powerful attacks. No weather inducers like switching into it aswell, which helps me in winning the weather war. Stone Edge is its main STAB despite its accuracy because it is capable of doing massive damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Crunch is mainly for Deoxys-D, but it is also for any other Psychic types that want to stay in on it. Pursuit is mainly for taking down Latios and Latias. I have had many KO's on Latios because of pursuit. Superpower is just for coverage.
UPDATE: Pursuit has been replaced for Earthquake!

Landorus-T!

Landorus (Landorus-T) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Landorus is my main revenge killer! He does a fantastic job with Choice Scarf. He also give me a VoltTurn with Rotom-W. He also helps me with my fighting type weakness because fighting moves are not very effective against Landorus. He is a fantastic revenge killer and like I said before he works really well with U-turn + Volt Switch on Rotom-W.

Terrakion!

Terrakion @ Rock Gem
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Substitute
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

This used to be Stoutland, but it has been replaced by Terrakion. This beast sets up on walls, and then sweeps. It can often lead against leads that try to set up entry hazards. For some reason, I see a lot of Forretresses that just sit there and lay down hazards whilst they let me set up, and then I sweep. It can also be used late game when there is nothing left to stop it setting up.

Ferrothorn!

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
Role: Wall
EVs: 252 HP 88 Def 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Spikes

Ferrothorn does a great job of walling! Power Whip is just to do some damage on things then I dont have anything else to do. If I Leech Seed something on the switch, I can still protect to get some leftovers recovery and Leech Seed recovery, and also take a bit of the enemys health down even if they are going to KO me with something Super Effective, because after that I can just switch out.

Latios!

Latios (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latios gives me another Special Attacker which I need to stop Physical Walls. He also has pretty good synergy with Ferrothorn because Latios covers the Fighting and Fire type weakness pretty well. HP Fire is for Ferrothorn and Skarmory, Psyshock is good for Blissey, Dragon Pulse is the main STAB and Surf is for more coverage.

Rotom-Wash!

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump

This guy is great because it counters Tornadus-T and Genesect (even though Genesect may go uber soon). It is also great at crippling Physical threats with Will-O-Wisp. Hydro Pump can abuse the enemys rain if he has it, and it has STAB, so its pretty powerful. This is a Pain Split set so enemys have to be careful switching into a healthy Pokemon on a low health Rotom.

Conclusion!

Thanks for reading this if you have got this far! I expect that this team needs quite a few improvements because it is only my second team. Thanks for reading and please leave any replys suggesting improvements! Thanks!

Importable!

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Terrakion @ Rock Gem
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Substitute
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Latios (M) @ Expert Belt
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Hidden Power Fire

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Spikes

Landorus-T (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spd
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 40 SAtk / 216 SDef
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Hydro Pump

You have a huge weakness to Fighting types. And we need to remedy that by removing Terrakion (sorry) and replace it with a Fighting resist. Slowbro does this well, and can give you A) another Special Attacker, and B) can catch people off guard with Choice Specs. Access to Regenerator also remedies the Sand's damage to it.

Slowbro @ Choice Specs
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SAtk / 76 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam / Psyshock

Ice Beam is the better choice to hit Dragons hard. Also, you could use T-Tar or Stoutland to kill Blissey and Chansey. The investment in speed allows Slowbro to outrun uninvested Gastrodon.

You have a huge weakness to Fighting types. And we need to remedy that by removing Terrakion (sorry) and replace it with a Fighting resist. Slowbro does this well, and can give you A) another Special Attacker, and B) can catch people off guard with Choice Specs. Access to Regenerator also remedies the Sand's damage to it.

Slowbro @ Choice Specs
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SAtk / 76 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam / Psyshock

Ice Beam is the better choice to hit Dragons hard. Also, you could use T-Tar or Stoutland to kill Blissey and Chansey. The investment in speed allows Slowbro to outrun uninvested Gastrodon.

Thanks a lot! I have replaced Terrakion! Thanks a lot for the suggestion!

Hey.

I think that the slowbro change doesn't really compound your weakness due to it being pursuit and once picked off Terrakion and etc can just come in and sweep. I think more of a help would be changing Stoutlant to Terrakion which you had before as it does pretty much the same thing except with better STABs and is still pretty fast, especially if you use a choice scarf set. This makes it just as good a revenge killer and sweeper in the lategame, in sand Terrakion also has good Spdef to tackle Genesect much easier. Next you have to hazards but no spinblocker, this means that all your efforts can be shot down in just one move, for this I would try replacing your Slowbro for a SubDisable Gengar, this allows you to spinblock and also helps against your weakness to Breloom. You could also try just changing the Rotom-W EVs a bit just to add a bit more of a punch whilst retaining the special bulk. For this you could try 252 HP/ 40SpAtk/ 216 SpDef with calm nature. This rate was kinda hastily done so i apologise for that.

Terrakion set:

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake/Rock Slide
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor

Gengar set:

Gengar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Disable
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Hey.

I think that the slowbro change doesn't really compound your weakness due to it being pursuit and once picked off Terrakion and etc can just come in and sweep. I think more of a help would be changing Stoutlant to Terrakion which you had before as it does pretty much the same thing except with better STABs and is still pretty fast, especially if you use a choice scarf set. This makes it just as good a revenge killer and sweeper in the lategame, in sand Terrakion also has good Spdef to tackle Genesect much easier. Next you have to hazards but no spinblocker, this means that all your efforts can be shot down in just one move, for this I would try replacing your Slowbro for a SubDisable Gengar, this allows you to spinblock and also helps against your weakness to Breloom. You could also try just changing the Rotom-W EVs a bit just to add a bit more of a punch whilst retaining the special bulk. For this you could try 252 HP/ 40SpAtk/ 216 SpDef with calm nature. This rate was kinda hastily done so i apologise for that.

Terrakion set:

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake/Rock Slide
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor

Gengar set:

Gengar @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Disable
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

Thank you so much for the suggestions! I will make changes!

Hey nice team but if Gengar is gone fighting types can pretty much run through this team I think it would be best if you put Gliscor in place of Ferrothorn or Heatran. This will give you another fighting resist and also Gliscor causes so many switches and can toxic stall a lot of pokemon to death with endless Toxic healing, Sub and Protect. Not to mention Gliscor counters most Terrakion sets.

Gliscor set:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Hey nice team but if Gengar is gone fighting types can pretty much run through this team I think it would be best if you put Gliscor in place of Ferrothorn or Heatran. This will give you another fighting resist and also Gliscor causes so many switches and can toxic stall a lot of pokemon to death with endless Toxic healing, Sub and Protect. Not to mention Gliscor counters most Terrakion sets.

Gliscor set:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Substitute
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Toxic
No, just no. Ferro and Heatran are needed to stop certain pokemon from running riot (Other Heatran, Mamoswine, Water types).

Now, I think your choices of pokemon are OK, not the greatest, but good enough that I'm not going to bother reccomending different pokemon. What I am going to do though, is jiggle a few moves around: I know it's not reccomended for Tyranitar, but I've been missing Earthquake. You miss out on many many KOs without it, especially on banded ttar, so chuck out pursuit, and bring in awesomepro Earthquake (I know what you're thinking: But what about catching those pesky Psychic types on the switch?) Well, it looks like you're going to have to get better at predicting ;) if you can correctly predict the switch in, not many pokemon can get away from ttar without taking a massive dent. The only other thing I could pick on is Heatran. It's too defensive!!!!!!!11!!111one!!!!!!eleven!!!!!!

okay so i have been trying gengar but it doesnt really help because it dies too quickly because it is so frail so im thinking shall i add landorus-t instead?

Hey, cool team.

I just tried to post a rate on this a sec ago, but there was some kind of error so it got deleted. I'll try again. First of all, your Choice Band set on Tyranitar doesn't have a purpose. A Choice Band set is used to support sweepers that are stopped by things like Celebi/Latias, which you don't carry. Lacking Pursuit on it makes it even more redundant. Therefore, I'd suggest changing to a Shed Shell set. Your weakness to SunTrap is pretty great, and this helps you versus those kind of teams. Now, you won't need Stealth Rocks on Heatran anymore, so you I suggest you change Stealth Rocks > Earth Power. Earth Power can do super effective damage versus Ninetales, while doing neutral damage to Politoed as well. This helps you in the weather war. It makes Heatran a better sun check then it is already, giving you an easier time versus SunTrap. Next up, you have a great Fighting weakness. With your only immunity being ohko'd by Stone Edge from Terrakion after rocks, you might be better of changing one of your three special walls into a physical wall. Changing Ferrothorn to Latias seems like the best option. Latias can do what your Ferrothorn does on this team, while also countering threats like Breloom/Keldeo. It can also switch in on Terrakion, since a scarf Stone Edge will never ohko Latias, while after that, you can just switch Terrakion in on Stone Edge and wreck something. You won't lose VoltTurn coverage either. Latias can tank any Volt Switch, while being able to ohko Scizor with Hidden Power [Fire]. The only downside on Latias is you won't have Spikes. This kind of makes Gengar's role as spin blocker sort of redundant. However, even without that I think Gengar can still add to the team. It's up to you if wether you want to keep it or switch it. Hope I helped. Good luck.

~Sets:

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 156 HP / 88 SAtk / 16 SDef / 248 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Tyranitar (M) @ Shed Shell
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Fire Blast

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)