Data Battle Tower (For all your Match-Seeking Needs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Challenging Texas to a match!

4v4 Doubles FE
3 Day DQ
2 Substitutions
Items=On
Arena: Sword and Shield Gym v. 2.1 (Rotation Battle rules are omitted for this battle)

Flavor:
Hidden in Opelucid City in the Unova region, there lies an old gym that was once used for Rotation Battles, but was left abandoned after some people were hurt in the gym. Maxim has renovated (and improved the safety features of) this gym, and now serves as his (possible and unlikely) gym arena. The gym puzzle generally involves two types of rotating platforms, long sword platforms that connect one place to the next, and circular shield platforms that connect to four places. Every time one platform is rotated, all the others rotate as well. The trick of the gym is to get rotate the shield platforms in such a manner that the sword platforms lead you to the gym stadium.

Recently however, he renovated the arena again in order to fit a new concept that he had figured out (with Lou's help). The gym puzzle remains the same, but now everything has a slightly more organic look, with a pool of water underneath the platforms giving a cool look to the still somewhat dark area. Additionally, some grass and a few trees have been inserted all around the place, though the spinning platforms retain their futuristic look.

Arena:
The arena however has undergone massive revisions. Instead of a long arena with black platforms for the rotations, the battle now takes place in a much bigger room (connected to the puzzle by means of a door). This room is a very wide open space just outside the city itself, filled with grass and, more importantly, lots of berry trees. When one enters the arena, he crosses a small bridge past the moat that wraps around the arena, albeit with a few very small creeks going across the arena itself. The arena is about the size of an average football stadium (well, the playing area at least) and is covered in grass. Outside the moat, the aforementioned berry trees dot the "landscape" around the arena, giving a natural feel to the place. However, the arena also has a much less natural pair of circular, blue platforms, one on each side of the field. Additionally, upon closer inspection, another "moat" wrapping around the arena actually carries a conveyor belt, big enough for all items but small enough that it won't interfere with the battle. Upon looking ever closer the challenger finds that he/she is not outside, but rather in a greenhouse sort of area with a round glass ceiling and concrete walls, the walls painted with a mural that gives the impression of being in a field that stretches across over the horizon and a huge city in the distance.

But enough about that. The arena has an interesting set of rules for the aspiring challenger. First, the two blue platforms are where the Pokemon will stand and face rotation battle rules, though other types of battles can be fought there if the leader wishes. Next, the conveyor belt surrounding the arena is a special item catching belt; if a Pokemon's item is Knocked Off or lost in any other way, the conveyor belt will hand the item back to the Pokemon automatically at the end of the round. Next, all of the challenger's Pokemon and the leader's Pokemon will each get to choose one of the sixteen type resistant berries to give their Pokemon that they can hold alongside their standard item. This berry is put into a special compartment that cannot be stolen, lost, or destroyed in any way. Turns out these berries are necessary, as there's a strange generator under the arena that has an unusual effect. This effect is that when a Pokemon is either weak against or resistant to a move, the damage they take is modified as follows:

4x Weak: 3x Multiplier
2x Weak: 2x Multiplier
Neutral: 1x Multiplier
2x Resist: .6x Multiplier
4x Resist: .35x Multiplier

With that out of the way, can you use your knowledge and strategy to defeat the leader?

Summary:
Items cannot be stolen or destroyed, but can be knocked off. However, any items that are knocked off will be returned
The Trainer can choose one Type Resistant Berry to give to each of his Pokemon in addition to it's normal hold item. This berry cannot be destroyed, stolen, or knocked off.
Type effectiveness multipliers are determined by the chart above instead of the normal multipliers.
I accept!
Well everybody, it's finally time for:

Maxim's 2K Extravaganza! Okay so it's my 2001st post, so sue me.

6v6 Singles
2 Day DQ
Items=On
All Abilities
2 Substitutions
Switch=OK
Unlimited Chills/Recoveries
Arena: Oracle's Tower

After such a long journey...you're finally here.

Before you stands a tall stone tower, reaching up into the heavens. Once, this place had held significant meaning to the people that had inhabited this land before. They're all gone now, but this tower stands as a testament to their achievements. You're not sure why your opponent challenged you to a battle in this place, especially considering the rocky terrain you had to traverse to get here, but you go inside.

Once inside, you see weathered paintings and ancient runes inscribed on the walls. After taking a quick rest from your journey, you begin the arduous task of climbing the tall tower's many floors. Eventually, you manage to climb to the top of the tower, an open air vista. And what a view it is! Aurora's adorn the night sky, and a fierce wind blows through the arena. On the other end of the arena, your opponent, Maxim, greets you.

"Ah, so you've finally arrived. Well, let's not waste time with words, let's battle!"

As you grab your pokemon, you notice a few things about the arena:

First, the mysterious aura surrounding this arena appears to give every Pokemon the ability to see the future. As such, all Pokemon learn Future Sight, regardless of whether they can naturally learn it or not. Even stranger, the move works off of their higher attack stat, as opposed to being a strictly special move. Additionally, it can be combined with any move, regardless of whether that makes sense or not. This move will act at the same time Future Sight hits, and works as normal

For instance, if one were to combine Focus Punch with Future Sight, then at the first action of the following round, Focus Punch would charge up as normal. If the user is hit, Focus Punch goes away, otherwise it combines as normal. Energy is consumed when the combo is ordered.

Second, these auroras have a strange effect of their own. Every round, at the end of the previous round (or the beginning of the match), each team has a 10% chance, rolled individually, or contracting an Aurora Burst. This increases the base stats of the Pokemon by 1 for the entirety of that round.

Third, these winds are quite fierce, Each round, after actions are completed, there is a 10% chance of Razor Wind hurting each Pokemon team, calculated once. Strangely, these winds are only as powerful as their opponent, and thus have an effective special attack stat as the Pokemon's special defense stat (basically, just ignore the stat difference part).

Fourth, you notice that the arena is in perpetual night for some odd reason. Because of this, Moonlight and similar moves work at full effectiveness. For some strange reason, Morning Sun and Solarbeam also work as if it were a sunny day. However, Fire moves are unaffected unless Sunny Day is used, but this has no effect on the other conditions which already exist.

Finally, Digging up on the top of this tower is a very suicidal idea.

Can you hope to win Maxim's 2K Battle?

Summary:

• Future Sight is given to every mon, and it can be comboed with any move. It works off the user's higher attack stat.
  • 10% chance of Aurora Burst happening on each team before each round
  • Fierce Winds wrap around the Arena, causing a 10% chance during each round to damage all mons with a Razor Wind at the same special Attack stat as the pokemon's Special Defense Stat. STAB is applied.
  • The arena is at Nighttime, making Moonlight and similar moves work at full effectiveness. Curiously, moves such as Morning Sun and Solarbeam also work at extra effectiveness. Fire moves are unaffected unless Sunny Day is used, in which case all other effects remain the same.
  • Dig will result in instant death

All right then, 2000 posts, this is quite crazy even for me. I would never have gotten here if it weren't for ASB that's for sure! I joined Smogon a number of years ago after searching for some Shaymin movesets for a "competitive team" (for reference, this team included Shuckle and Blissey...). At first, I dismissed Smogon because I thought it was some weird psychology project made by an actual university! How crazy is that? Thankfully, I soon realized my error and have been part of Smogon ever since.

My early years here were kind of on and off, mostly just me trying to craft competitive teams that I could then train for in-game stomping of my friend. Sadly this never really happened because my friend mostly retired from Pokemon. I joined the competitive scene shortly after Garchomp was banned. For a while, I challenged people on Shoddy Battle with my first ever team of Aerodactyl, Cresselia, Porygon-Z (later switched to Heatran), Salamence, Scizor, and Togekiss. This team actually worked pretty well for the longest time. In fact, I used it a couple times past it's supposed "prime" and it still worked reasonably well.

After that, my time here gets kind of blurry, I crafted a few other teams, but never found much success with any of them. Then I signed up for a Battling 101 round. My first experience with it wasn't that great, as I wasn't particularly active and I never got around to meeting with my tutor, Great Sage (or something like that). Thankfully my second experience with undisputed turned out much better. With him, I crafted a pretty unique Dragon Dance Tyranitar team with a Leech Seed Protect Shaymin that worked wonders. Once 5th gen rolled around, I tried a couple of teams, most notably a Sun team, but got bored of the constant weather battles. Currently, I spend what little competitive battling time I have into BW UU.

Well, sometime while I was waiting for 5th gen to stabilize, I didn't really do that much in the forums. I checked up on it occasionally to read some analyses and such, but wasn't posting for a long time. Eventually in my boredom, I clicked on some subforum calling itself CAP ASB. I saw a couple of battles there and was instantly hooked. A short time later, I created my profile with the mons Larvesta, Budew, and Privatyke. A nice fire water grass core to start out with I figured. Later on I went around buying more Pokemon like crazy, notably Stratagem and Snorlax. After seeing how good Stratagem was doing, I started going for the Rock gym, but lost interest after some time for various reasons. Too much competition I think. Then I looked at Snorlax and the lack of viable competition in the Normal group and started buying Normal mons. I was a bit worried about Rolf, who at the time was going for the gym and was supposedly very good, but he apparently went inactive, and now my biggest threat is probably Yarnus. Well, a few things happened and in my boredom I started checking out the raid zone, which I had mostly ignored, and I got hooked on that too. My first raids weren't too successful, getting murdered by Moltres and then by Ho-oh and Lugia before finally succeeding against Moltres with Leethoof I believe. After that, I joined forces with a specific other ASB personality to take on Frozen Vault.

After that, I found the Free RPG group, a newly created group dedicated to having some fun RPG's. I figured "why not?" and signed up, where I met a lot of great people on the forums. If you're wondering where the Soldiers of Gaia team got their name, it was from the first of the RPG's we had there, Bending Past Breaking. Frankly, it's one of our longest and most successful RP's, generally involving a plot involving a monster awakening deep beneath the earth and some...for lack of a better term "mutants" called Omnipotes. It's better than it sounds, believe me. Currently, the group is in a bit of a slump, but we're aiming to get out of said slump with a new PMD based RP. Everyone is welcome to join.

Regardless though, you guys are the best forum I think I've ever seen, and I hope to keep it that way!

Dogfish44-The aforementioned raid partner. I actually didn't know you that well until you decided to ask about doing a Frozen Vault Hard Mode raid. After that, we became best buds...to an extent. :P
Veil of Maya-The leader of Free RPG, and one of the few female Smogonites that I've had the pleasure of meeting. A very kind, sweet person, though she probably has the worst luck in the world. If you're seeing this Maya, just make sure not to worry about life, everything will fall into place eventually.
Demo Gorgon-The second in command of Free RPG, usually takes over if Maya is having problems. He's a pretty cool guy, and is the owner of our Classic Pokemon RPG, which keeps stalling. He needs to post more, but otherwise is an overall great guy!
King Serperior-What a screwball. :P In all seriousness though, he's also pretty cool. He regularly posts in Free RPG (up until recently), and is one of the few from that group that does ASB. His battling skills could use some improvement, but he's an okay battler nonetheless. Also, hurray for Maxim the Dewgong in Nuzlocke Scramble!
Complications-Another one of my Tourney teammates, too bad he got faced up against guys that quite frankly outclassed him. Also a regular poster in Free RPG.
Team Magma Boss Maxie-Probably the craziest guy I know on the forums. At one point I joined his 2nd attempt to revive Team Magma and it worked...sort of.
undisputed-Congratulations on winning the world tournament buddy! My best Battling 101 tutor and all around great guy. I've not been able to beat him too many times, though given his accomplishments I shouldn't be surprised. Haven't talked to him much recently though, and I probably should.

Honorable Mentions:
Rediamond
Dark Pulse
Axmaster68
Flamestrike
Brotom
Battlestar
Venser
vonFiedler
Aura Guardian
Deck Knight

Well, that's all for me, tune in next time when I hit 3K :P.
Maxim, I will take your match. Nothing seems to be left for me to decide.

Open Challenge accepted.

Is anyone going to ref these two matches? Please?

Need a ref for these two challenges:

Open Challenge A (Vs. Gerard):
2 Vs 2 Doubles Training Battle
Bring 3 Pick 2
2 Day DQ
Training Items Only
2 subs per mon
ASB Arena
All Abilities
3 Recoveries / 5 Chills
Open Challenge B (Vs. The Wolfe):
2 Vs 2 Singles Training Battle
Bring 3 Pick 2
2 Day DQ
Training Items Only
3 Recoveries/3 Chills
Switch: OK
Abilities: All
Substitutions: Two
Arena: Type Changing Arena
Field Type: All Types
Complexity: Simple
Formats: All Formats

Restrictions: All moves are allowed.

Description:
It's the standard arena, except somebody has implanted a strange device in the middle of the field! For the duration of the first round, this device is off. After the end of each round, though, it beeps and suddenly alters the elemental makeup of the arena, giving certain benefits to certain types and detriments to some other ones. Each time the makeup is altered, a random type is chosen. All attacking moves whose types hit the chosen type for super-effective damage have 2 more BAP, while all attacking moves whose types hit the chosen type for not very effective or zero damage have 2 less BAP. There is one exception to this rule; all attacking moves whose type matches that of the gem receive +3 BAP, disregarding the weakness bonuses and the resistance nerfs.

Summary: Certain types get buffed every round.

issuing an open challenge

3vs3 babymon triples (I will post the pokemon i am using below, your pokemon should be around the same level as theirs)
1 day DQ
1 recovery/1 chill
1 sub per pokemon
all abilities
training items on
no switch

Arena: A grassy plain, with harsh sun. Sun is always shining bright (perma), and the grass is very thick and lush (grass moves gain 2bap).

Swinub [Snuggles, "The Runt"] (Female)

Nature: Sassy (+spd, -spe)

Info on Snuggles:

Type:
Ice: Ice STAB; immune to freezing and Sheer Cold, no vision loss or damage in Hail or snowstorm conditions, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail. Superior senses and mobility in frozen caves and other frigid arenas.

Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Abilities:
Oblivious: (Innate) This Pokemon is incapable of being effected by Attract or Cute Charm.
Snow Cloak: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to snowy blizzard conditions and gains a 20% evasion boost during Hail. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Hail damage.
Thick Fat (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon has a great deal of extra fat or muscle that increases its resistance to extreme heat or extreme cold, reducing the type effectiveness of Fire and Ice-typed attacks to the next level of resistance (2x weak becomes neutral, neutral becomes resistance, etc.)

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 43 (-)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 12

EC: 3/9
MC: 0
DC: 3/5

Attacks:
Tackle
Odor Sleuth
Mud Sport
Powder Snow
Mud-Slap
Endure
Mud Bomb
Icy Wind
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Take Down

Icicle Crash
Body Slam
Rock Slide

Protect
Bulldoze
Substitute
Hail

18 moves

Nova the Torchic (F)

Nature: Hasty (-Def, +Spe)

Type: Fire
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities:
Blaze: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)
Speed Boost: (DW LOCKED,Innate) Pokemon with this ability increase their speed as the battle progresses, boosting it one (1) stage at the end of each round at the cost of 2% of their energy. This overrides the normal drop in stats that ocurs at the end of each round (stats other than Speed are still affected).

Stats
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 52 (+9% accuracy)
Base Rank Total: 13

EC: 0/9
DC: 0/5

Attacks:

Scratch (*)
Growl (*)
Focus Energy (*)
Ember (*)
Peck (*)
Sand Attack (*)
Fire Spin (*)

Feint
Endure
Night Slash

Dig
Protect
Fire Blast

Bellsprout (Nepenthes) (M)
Nature: Quiet (+Spa, -Spe)

Type: Grass/Poison
Grass: Grass STAB; immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Abilities:
Chlorophyll : (Innate) During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.
Gluttony (DW unlocked): (Innate) This Pokemon devours healing and stat increasing berries at 50% health (flat) instead of 25% health (flat).

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 34 (-)
Base Rank Total: 14

Attacks:
Vine Whip
Growth
Wrap
Sleep Powder
Poison Powder
Stun Spore
Acid
Gastro Acid
Knock Off
Razor Leaf

Weather Ball
Synthesis
Worry Seed
Giga Drain

Sunny Day
Sludge Bomb
Protect
Energy Ball
Grass Knot

Total Moves: 19

Want a beginner battle.

2v2
Singles
1 Days
2 recovery moves, 5 chills
An abandoned arena
No restrictions except a roof to prevent weather, and most of the arena is dark (except in the middle) because the lights are broken.

Okay, I don't really mind that much but are you freaking kidding me? It's been 3 days! Excuse me if I'm busy!
You had plenty of time and was online constantly through the several days while me and Ranger waited.

The fact you flat out admited to be unnavaliable from Thursday to Sunday didnt help. It is not like reffing a simple 1 on 1 takes much more than 5 minutes either.

Very sorry for that, but it just wasnt going to work.....the fact i have been waiting for reffing/opponent posting for the past days do not help either.

Glacier has told me on IRC that he'll be reffing this. Data is repeated below.

2vs2 Doubles 1 FE and 1 NFE
3 Day DQ
Items = Training
Switch = OK
Abilities = All
1 Recover, 3 Chills
Arena: Flying Gym (-Tailwind Effect)

Gym Thread said:
A few miles off the coast of land a large pillar sticks out of the ocean. It reaches up into the clouds, the top blocked from view when the sky is not clear. Atop the pillar lies a square battlefield, traditional in almost every sense. However, a few important differences set this place apart from your standard Pokemon arena.

First of all, the pillar itself is hollow and filled with water, that creates a pool at the fields center, giving combatants a water source other than the sea miles below. Secondly, the field itself is exceptionally thin, and as such all Pokemon who attempt to bury through it will plummet to their demise if they cannot keep themselves aloft. Finally, at each corner of the field are pillars with what appear to be nest-like structures at the top. These features allow sky based Pokemon to rest their wings more easily.

But what is even more important than the physical features of the arena are the natural effects of the location. Due to its location above the tropical seas and the directness of the sun's rays, hail turns to rain before it ever reaches the ground. Additionally, a lack of sand makes summoning a sandstorm impossible.

However, the most prominent feature of the gym is the wind. At this high altitude, strong winds are nearly a constant. The prevailing air currents bring big gusts in from the west on a regular basis, from right behind where the gym leader stands. This provides a constant effect similar to a Tailwind at one third of normal strength for the gym leader's Pokemon. In addition, the strong winds also amplify moves that use their effects, boosting their power and their accuracy as.

Summary:

• No Sandstorm or Hail
  • The thin battle platform prevents Dig.
    • Well technically using Dig will just cause the digging Pokemon to plummet thousands of feet into the water below, putting them out of bounds and knocking them out of the battle.
    • Flying and Levitating Pokemon who won't fall can still use Dig, but it won't actually do anything.
    • Seriously though, this is the flying gym. Why would you be using Dig anyways?
    • All other attacks are allowed.
  • Energy Cost of Roost reduced by 1.
  • Permanent Tailwind-like effect on Gym Leaders side (provides 1.33x speed boost)
  • Wind Based attacks have their base accuracy increased by 10% up to a maximum of 100%
  • Wind Based attacks have base power increased by 2
  • Wind based moves include the following: Hurricane, Razor Wind, Gust, Twister, Air Slash, Ominous Wind, Silver Wind, Heat Wave, Icy Wind (There may be others that I am forgetting)
  • Changes to the accuracy of attacks due to the wind are factored in before any other effects, such as stage boosts to accuracy or evasion.
  • All effects, including the power boost to wind moves and the Tailwind effect, are arena effects, not weather effects, and thus can not be negated by Cloud Nine, Air Lock or other such effects.

issuing an open challenge

3vs3 babymon triples (I will post the pokemon i am using below, your pokemon should be around the same level as theirs)
1 day DQ
1 recovery/1 chill
1 sub per pokemon
all abilities
training items on
no switch

Arena: A grassy plain, with harsh sun. Sun is always shining bright (perma), and the grass is very thick and lush (grass moves gain 2bap).

Swinub [Snuggles, "The Runt"] (Female)

Nature: Sassy (+spd, -spe)

Info on Snuggles:

Type:
Ice: Ice STAB; immune to freezing and Sheer Cold, no vision loss or damage in Hail or snowstorm conditions, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail. Superior senses and mobility in frozen caves and other frigid arenas.

Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Abilities:
Oblivious: (Innate) This Pokemon is incapable of being effected by Attract or Cute Charm.
Snow Cloak: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to snowy blizzard conditions and gains a 20% evasion boost during Hail. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Hail damage.
Thick Fat (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon has a great deal of extra fat or muscle that increases its resistance to extreme heat or extreme cold, reducing the type effectiveness of Fire and Ice-typed attacks to the next level of resistance (2x weak becomes neutral, neutral becomes resistance, etc.)

Stats:
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 43 (-)
Base Rank Total: 12

EC: 3/9
DC: 3/5

Attacks:
Tackle
Odor Sleuth
Mud Sport
Powder Snow
Mud-Slap
Endure
Mud Bomb
Icy Wind
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Take Down

Icicle Crash
Body Slam
Rock Slide

Protect
Bulldoze
Substitute
Hail

18 moves

Nova the Torchic (F)

Nature: Hasty (-Def, +Spe)

Type: Fire
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.

Abilities:
Blaze: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)
Speed Boost: (DW LOCKED,Innate) Pokemon with this ability increase their speed as the battle progresses, boosting it one (1) stage at the end of each round at the cost of 2% of their energy. This overrides the normal drop in stats that ocurs at the end of each round (stats other than Speed are still affected).

Stats
Def: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 52 (+9% accuracy)

Attacks:

Scratch (*)
Growl (*)
Focus Energy (*)
Ember (*)
Peck (*)
Sand Attack (*)
Fire Spin (*)

Feint
Endure
Night Slash

Dig
Protect
Fire Blast

Bellsprout (Nepenthes) (M)
Nature: Quiet (+Spa, -Spe)

Type: Grass/Poison
Grass: Grass STAB; immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Abilities:
Chlorophyll : (Innate) During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.
Gluttony (DW unlocked): (Innate) This Pokemon devours healing and stat increasing berries at 50% health (flat) instead of 25% health (flat).

Stats:
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
Spe: 34 (-)

Attacks:
Vine Whip
Growth
Wrap
Sleep Powder
Poison Powder
Stun Spore
Acid
Gastro Acid
Knock Off
Razor Leaf

Weather Ball
Synthesis
Worry Seed
Giga Drain

Sunny Day
Sludge Bomb
Protect
Energy Ball
Grass Knot

Total Moves: 19

Its on Glacier

Ralts "Swooly" (F)
Nature: Modest (+SpA -Atk)
Type: Psychic
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic regardless of Special Attack Rank. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks
Abilities:
Synchronize: (Innate) Pokemon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokemon and pass on any status inflicted on them to their foe. Due to their body structure, Poison-types cannot be poisoned and Fire-types cannot be burned in this manner.
Trace: (Can Be Activated) When entering into battle, this Pokemon can copy an ability on one of its opponents for 6 EN. The Ability remains on the Pokemon for six (6) actions. Trace can be reused with an action later in battle for 5 EN.Wonder Guard cannot be Traced.
[DW] Telepathy: (Innate) This Pokemon has a mental link with its allies in multiple allies, allowing it to avoid taking damage from attacks that affect the whole field like Earthquake and Surf.
Stats:
Atk: Rank 0 (-)
Def: Rank 1
SpA: Rank 3(+)
Spe: 40
Base Rank Total: 10
EC: 2/9
DC: 2/5
MC
Attacks
Growl
Confusion
Double Team
Teleport
Lucky Chant
Magical Leaf
Heal Pulse
Calm Mind
Hypnosis
Psychic
Disable
Will-O-Wisp
Shadow Sneak
Taunt
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Protect
Thunder Wave
Moves: 18

Cacnea "Mister Liley" (*) (Male)
Nature: Impish (+Def -SpA)
Type: Grass
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed, Growth, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Nature Power, Sunny Day, Sweet Scent, and Swords Dance have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Abilities:
Sand Veil (Innate): This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage
Water Absorb (DW) (Innate): This Pokemon absorbs water attacks and instead of taking damage from them, recovering 50% of the damage the water attack would have done. A Pokemon that attacks itself with water to heal only recieves 25% of the damage that attack would do to itself
Stats:
Def: Rank 3 (+)
SpA: Rank 2 (-)
Spe: 35
Weight Class: 4
EC: 2/6
DC: 1/5
Attacks:
Poison Sting (*)
Leer (*)
Absorb (*)
Growth (*)
Leech Seed (*)
Sand Attack (*)
Pin Missile (*)
Ingrain (*)
Sucker Punch
Sandstorm
Seed Bomb (*)
Teeter Dance (*)
Grass Whistle (*)
Double Team (*)
Substitute (*)
Swords Dance (*)
Moves: 16

Voodoll "Bomar" (M)
Nature: Naughty (+ Atk -SpD)
Type: Normal/Dark
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Abilities:
Insomnia: (Innate) This Pokemon is immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. It's normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.
Normalize: (Can be Disabled) This Pokemon has mastered Normal-type attacks and can change any attack type to have a Normal energy signature. All attacks used by the Pokemon are considered Normal-type attacks, although they retain the same status-enducing and other properties. The Pokemon's Normal-type attacks have four (4) more Base Attack Power.
Cursed Body (DW): (Innate) When This Pokemon is struck by an opponents attack that makes contact, there is a 30% chance that attack will be disabled. Only one of the opponent's attacks can be disabled at a time due to Cursed Body.
EC: 1/6
MC:
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 70
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 2
Moves:
Astonish
Copycat
Mimic
Pain Split
Spite
Grudge
Charge
Follow Me
Pin Missle
Dark Pulse
Perish Song
Counter
Focus Punch
Taunt
Protect
Substitute
Torment

My mons for glacier fight. of best bros

Want a beginner battle.

2v2
Singles
1 Days
2 recovery moves, 5 chills
An abandoned arena
No restrictions except a roof to prevent weather, and most of the arena is dark (except in the middle) because the lights are broken.
Accepting this as well.

Cacnea "Mister Liley" (*) (Male)
Nature: Impish (+Def -SpA)
Type: Grass
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed, Growth, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Nature Power, Sunny Day, Sweet Scent, and Swords Dance have have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Abilities:
Sand Veil (Innate): This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage
Water Absorb (DW) (Innate): This Pokemon absorbs water attacks and instead of taking damage from them, recovering 50% of the damage the water attack would have done. A Pokemon that attacks itself with water to heal only recieves 25% of the damage that attack would do to itself
Stats:
Def: Rank 3 (+)
SpA: Rank 2 (-)
Spe: 35
Weight Class: 4
EC: 2/6
Attacks:
Poison Sting (*)
Leer (*)
Absorb (*)
Growth (*)
Leech Seed (*)
Sand Attack (*)
Pin Missile (*)
Ingrain (*)
Sucker Punch
Sandstorm
Seed Bomb (*)
Teeter Dance (*)
Grass Whistle (*)
Double Team (*)
Substitute (*)
Swords Dance (*)
Moves: 16

Voodoll "Bomar" (M)
Nature: Naughty (+ Atk -SpD)
Type: Normal/Dark
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Abilities:
Insomnia: (Innate) This Pokemon is immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. It's normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.
Normalize: (Can be Disabled) This Pokemon has mastered Normal-type attacks and can change any attack type to have a Normal energy signature. All attacks used by the Pokemon are considered Normal-type attacks, although they retain the same status-enducing and other properties. The Pokemon's Normal-type attacks have four (4) more Base Attack Power.
Cursed Body (DW): (Innate) When This Pokemon is struck by an opponents attack that makes contact, there is a 30% chance that attack will be disabled. Only one of the opponent's attacks can be disabled at a time due to Cursed Body.
MC:
SpD: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 70
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 2
Moves:
Astonish
Copycat
Mimic
Pain Split
Spite
Grudge
Charge
Follow Me
Pin Missle
Dark Pulse
Perish Song
Counter
Focus Punch
Taunt
Protect
Substitute
Torment

Might as well post the mons I'll use

Again, Need a ref for these two challenges:

Open Challenge A (Vs. Gerard):
2 Vs 2 Doubles Training Battle
Bring 3 Pick 2
2 Day DQ
Training Items Only
2 subs per mon
ASB Arena
All Abilities
3 Recoveries / 5 Chills
Open Challenge B (Vs. The Wolfe):
2 Vs 2 Singles Training Battle
Bring 3 Pick 2
2 Day DQ
Training Items Only
3 Recoveries/3 Chills
Substitutions: Two
Field Type: All Types
Complexity: Simple
Formats: All Formats

Restrictions: All moves are allowed.

Description:
It's the standard arena, except somebody has implanted a strange device in the middle of the field! For the duration of the first round, this device is off. After the end of each round, though, it beeps and suddenly alters the elemental makeup of the arena, giving certain benefits to certain types and detriments to some other ones. Each time the makeup is altered, a random type is chosen. All attacking moves whose types hit the chosen type for super-effective damage have 2 more BAP, while all attacking moves whose types hit the chosen type for not very effective or zero damage have 2 less BAP. There is one exception to this rule; all attacking moves whose type matches that of the gem receive +3 BAP, disregarding the weakness bonuses and the resistance nerfs.

Summary: Certain types get buffed every round.

Well i need to get more fights rolling, so heres this:

4v4 Doubles
1 Day Player/2 Day Ref DQ
2 Subs per mon
Items: On
Arena: An old arena of IceBug's

Giant tree with incredibly thick branches and a trunk that can easily hide small Pokemon. If a Pokemon is knocked out of the tree, they will take 10 damage and have to spend an action climbing back up the tree. A Pokemon climbing back up cannot be attacked or targeted by effects while they haul themselves back up. Seismic attacks will mearly shake the tree, not dealing any damage to the combatants on the tree, but will cause it to shake violently, sending any mons that aren't ready for it flying out of the tree. Pokemon that are climbing up the tree will be able to maintain their grip on the tree in this instance.

If anyone wants to switch something about the fight around they may say so when they accept

Well i need to get more fights rolling, so heres this:

4v4 Doubles
1 Day Player/2 Day Ref DQ
2 Subs per mon
Items: On
Arena: An old arena of IceBug's

Giant tree with incredibly thick branches and a trunk that can easily hide small Pokemon. If a Pokemon is knocked out of the tree, they will take 10 damage and have to spend an action climbing back up the tree. A Pokemon climbing back up cannot be attacked or targeted by effects while they haul themselves back up. Seismic attacks will mearly shake the tree, not dealing any damage to the combatants on the tree, but will cause it to shake violently, sending any mons that aren't ready for it flying out of the tree. Pokemon that are climbing up the tree will be able to maintain their grip on the tree in this instance.

If anyone wants to switch something about the fight around they may say so when they accept
Bring it on! >:D

And nope, there isn't anything I'd like to change around. :)

Seeking a 1 vs 1 LC Flashmatch!
Nincada (Envy) Male

Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)

Bug: Bug STAB; more mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gains an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.

Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 6 per action Energy Cost to 5 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Abilities:
CompoundEyes
Type: (Innate)*
This Pokemon’s complex eyes give it a comprehensive view of the field, making its attack 30% (x1.3) more accurate.

Run Away *(DW)
Type: (Innate)
This Pokemon is quick on its feet and will evade any field traps and hazards that would harm it (Spikes, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes) in an arena. A Pokemon can still absorb Toxic Spikes if it has Run Away and is Poison-typed. Run Away does not allow the Pokemon to switch out of trapping moves or abilities, however it can escape other situational trapping strategies in battle.

Stats:
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)

MC: 1

Attacks
Scratch (*)
Harden (*)
Leach Life (*)
Sand Attack (*)
Fury Swipes(*)
Mind Reader(*)
False Swipe *(*)
Dig

Endure (*)
Night Slash (*)
Final Gambit (*)

X-Scissor (*)
Aerial Ace (*)
Substitute (*)

ASB Arena
Training Items
12 Hour DQ
All Abilities
ASB Arena

Issuing an open challenge!!

3v3 Singles (2LC and 2NFE)
All abilities
All items
2Subs

Field Type: All
Complexity: Moderate
Format: All
Restrictions: None except for the Armors

Description:
After cleaning up the mess from the disasterious battle between fellow scientist, King Serperior, and his foe, Glacier Knight, King Serperior scrapped all the armors and ordered his fellow scientists to go back to the drawing board.

After two years of constant research, King Serperior and his fellow scientists came up with newer and better armors......

Before we get to the armors, the arena is an exact replica of the ASB Arena.

When the pokemon are sent in, the ref RNG's which armor is given to each mon before the battle begins.

1). Aero Armor - An oldie, but a goodie. This jet-powered armor adds an extra flying-typing to the wearer and increases base speed by 33%. If the wearer is already of the flying type, then it gains 2X STAB on all of its flying moves and its Flying weaknesses are doubled. It also gains the following moves as long as it wears the armor: Aerial Ace and Air Cutter

2). Pyro Armor - This specially designed armor is made from a synthetic material that automatically catches itself on fire with no harm to the wearer. The wearer gains the ability, Flame Body, while wearing this armor. All contact moves used by the wearer have a 20% chance to burn the foe. The wearer gains use of the moves, Flame Charge and Flame Burst.

3). Blaster Armor - Strong armor with two large cannons are strapped to the wearer. Each cannon has auto-targeting capabiities. This allows the Wearer to use the move Lock On at half its energy cost rounded up after STAB is applied (Note: If mon does not already know the move Lock On, it gains full use of this move via this armor). Each cannon give the wearer offensive capabilities as well in the form of Charge Beam and Bullet Seed.

4). Power Armor - The wearer gains use of an armor that focuses its power into the upper torso and arms of the user. (If the wearer lacks arms and legs, this armor automatically unfolds mechanical arms and legs). Physical attacks used against the wearer have their BAP decreased by 2. The wearer of the armor gains the moves, Close Combat and Mach Punch.

5). Heavyweight Armor - After countless retesting and experimentation, this failed and overpowered armor was completely redesigned. The wearer's weight class becomes 12. The wearer cannot use moves that cannot be used in Gravity (Note that Levitating and Flying pokemon are hit for full damage by ground attacks). The Defense and Sp.Defense ranks of the wearer are increased by 2. The wearer learns the moves, Magnitude and Iron Defense.

6). Reversal Armor - This question-mark covered armor gives the ability, Contrary, to the wearer. It also reverses the type weaknesses and resistenses of the wearer. If the wearer is a fire/bug type, its 4X rock weakness becomes a 4X rock resist. Any immunties that the wearer has are kept. The wearer gains the ability to use Reversal and Mirror Coat.

7). Brood Armor - After studing the relationship between Combee and Vespiquen, this armor was built. Small Sentries float around the wearer and intercept multi-hit attacks, reducing thier BAP by 3. These sentries also protect the wearer from damage from allied attacks like Earthquake. Finally, the sentries allow the use of Attack Order and Heal Order.

8). Magna Armor - Magnezone have baffled scientists for many years now. Their ability to live is unexplainable. Though many have come up with theories, no one knows for sure. That is why we have designed an armor that replicates the powers of these pokemon to an extent. This Armor is covered with many very strong magnets that attract and repel each other so fluidly, the wearer won't notice that it is wearing industrial grade magnets. This allows the user to gain the power of Magnet Pull. Within the armor are nanobots that feed off of electricity. This means that when an electrical attack is used against the wearer, for the next 6 actions, all electrical attacks used by the wearer get a BAP increase of 2. Finally, this armor allows the wearer to learn Magnet Rise and Magnet Bomb. The Magnetic Field causes incoming special attacks of BAP of 7 or higher moves to be lowered by 2.

9). Aqua-Lung Armor - This armor is designed to allow perfect movement under the water. (Water Typing added to original typing; If already of the water type, it gains double STAB on water moves and all water weaknesses are doubled;Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater). The micro-propellers make moves of the Water Typing much easier to use (The wearer gains STAB on all Water Moves even it it isn't of the Water typing). There is a Torpedo Tube that is attached to the armor that can be converted into a compressed water cannon. This allows for the use of moves such as and Aqua Jet. The Torpedo attack is a 6BAP Special Steel move with 95Acc and a 40% chance to lower the special Def of the target. This move costs 7 energy to use.

Optional Rule that is highly recomended said:
*Note: This arena is designed for using Prose style actions. Though this is optional, the arena is less fun when you don't take advantage of the armors themselves. Ex: Use Vital Throw to rip an arm off of the Power Armor and lower the effectiveness of Close Combat.

The Opponent decides the rest

Seeking a 1 vs 1 LC Flashmatch!
Nincada (Envy) Male

Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)

Bug: Bug STAB; more mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gains an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.

Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 6 per action Energy Cost to 5 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Abilities:
CompoundEyes
Type: (Innate)*
This Pokemon’s complex eyes give it a comprehensive view of the field, making its attack 30% (x1.3) more accurate.

Run Away *(DW)
Type: (Innate)
This Pokemon is quick on its feet and will evade any field traps and hazards that would harm it (Spikes, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes) in an arena. A Pokemon can still absorb Toxic Spikes if it has Run Away and is Poison-typed. Run Away does not allow the Pokemon to switch out of trapping moves or abilities, however it can escape other situational trapping strategies in battle.

Stats:
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)

MC: 1

Attacks
Scratch (*)
Harden (*)
Leach Life (*)
Sand Attack (*)
Fury Swipes(*)
Mind Reader(*)
False Swipe *(*)
Dig

Endure (*)
Night Slash (*)
Final Gambit (*)

X-Scissor (*)
Aerial Ace (*)
Substitute (*)

ASB Arena
Training Items
12 Hour DQ
All Abilities
ASB Arena
Mine.

<Azurill> [Nate] (M)
Nature: Adamant (+ Attack, - Sp.Attack)

Type: Normal
Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

About: A very jolly and happy Azurill caught by Athenodoros, Nate is extremely easy to like, becoming friends with the usualy quiet and reserved Chuck in a few minutes, their oppositive natures made them bond with easy.
Nate is generaly seen as the team's little brother (alongside Mordecai) and is sure to bring joy and happiness wherever it goes.

Thick Fat (Innate): This Pokemon has a great deal of extra fat or muscle that increases its resistance to extreme heat or extreme cold, reducing the type effectiveness of Fire- and Ice-typed attacks to the next level of resistance.

Huge Power (Trait): This Pokemon has immense inner strength that grows with its development, raising its Attack by one Rank for each evolution level (Baby = 1, Basic = 2, Stage 1 = 3). If Skill Swapped, the swapped Pokemon's Attack is only raised by one Rank.

Sap Sipper (DW LOCKED, Innate): This Pokemon lives on a steady diet of plants and has developed defenses to every Grass-type attack. When attacked with a Grass-type move, damage and effects are negated and the Pokemon gains a one (1) stage attack boost. A boost gained this way by an opponent's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts.

Atk: Rank 3 (+, Huge Power)
SpA: Rank 0 (-)
Spe: 20

Attacks:
Splash (*)
Charm (*)
Tail Whip (*)
Bubble (*)
Slam (*)
Water Gun (*)
Bounce (*)
Helping Hand (*)
Bubblebeam (*)
Water Sport (*)

Double Team (*)
Waterfall (*)
Substitute (*)
Facade
Rest
Sleep Talk

Encore (*)
Refresh (*)
Body Slam (*)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)