Ninjask @ Leftovers
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 248HP, 8SpDef, 252Spd
Nature: Calm
~ Substitute
~ Protect
~ Swords Dance
~ Baton Pass

Ninjask does the only thing it can do. Stalling with Substitute and Protect while gaining Speed Boosts. If it manages to keep a Substitute up for more than a turn, I can start Swords Dancing behind it. When I have enough boosts, I can Pass into Espeon for a Stored Power sweep.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252SpAtk, 4SpDef, 252Spd
Nature: Timid
~ Rapid Spin
~ Thunderbolt
~ Ice Beam
~ Surf

A standard set for Starmie. Rapid Spin protects me from ever present entry hazards, especially if I want to get Ninjask back out.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252Atk, 4SpDef, 252Spd
Nature: Adamant
~ Outrage
~ Fire Punch
~ Superpower
~ Roost

This is a basic Dragonite set for me. Lum Berry gives him versatility by protecting him from status or Outrage's confusion. Fire Punch and Superpower let me oust pesky Steel and Ice types, and Roost is, well, Roost.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4HP, 252SpAtk, 252Spd
Nature: Timid
~ Taunt
~ Shadow Ball
~ Giga Drain
~ HP Fire

A taunting Gengar can stop setups and Roars and other status moves, while his other 3 moves give him a decent coverage over most Pokemon.

Breloom @ Lum Berry
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4HP, 252Atk, 252Spd
Nature: Jolly
~ Bullet Seed
~ Mach Punch
~ Substitute
~ Spore

I personally prefer Techniloom over Poison Heal, mostly due to the fact that it gives me more power for Bullet Seed and Mach Punch. I usually pass into him from Espeon, often passing along Speed and Attack boosts.

Espeon @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4HP, 252SpAtk, 252Spd
Nature: Modest
~ Baton Pass
~ Psyshock
~ Stored Power
~ HP Fighting

With all the boosts from Ninjask, Stored Power can reach insane levels. HP Fighting lets me cover Dark type switch-ins, and Psyshock is for when I fail to set up with Ninjask. Baton Pass gives me an escape option, while still keeping the powerups. Her ability Magic Bounce protects me from Roar and status moves.

Overall, this team wins about half of the time, but outside of simulators, it almost always wins.

I would recommend replacing your lum berry on breloom with something like a kings rock or leftovers. Also try replacing dragonite's superpower with something like earthquake, cus you currently lack a quaker. Otherwise, it seems like a pretty good pass team, though i personally dont use pass teams competitively just as a rule.

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm no expert but do you really need all that much speed on your Ninjask? And if you do then your current EV spread of you Ninjask can be improved. :o

Change your current EV/Nature spread from:
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SDef / 252 Spd Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)

to:
EVs: 248 HP / 156 SDef / 104 Spd Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

This gives Ninjask one more speed point and a whopping 24 point increase in Special Defense, making you Ninjask more bulkier. Hopefully I helped somewhat.

I think Lum Berry as an item on Breloom is fine, however, I'd swap Superpower>Earthquake on Dnite

My biggest bug with this team is that Espeon would benefit far more from a special attack raise over a swords dance, and the lack of ability to hit psychic types such as Celebi, Deoxys-D and Jirachi. Speaking of Jirachi, how exactly do you deal with it? Specifically Rainachi, as you have nothing that can really hit it hard, and SubCM Rainachi will wreck you with relative ease.

I think Lum Berry as an item on Breloom is fine, however, I'd swap Superpower>Earthquake on Dnite

My biggest bug with this team is that Espeon would benefit far more from a special attack raise over a swords dance, and the lack of ability to hit psychic types such as Celebi, Deoxys-D and Jirachi. Speaking of Jirachi, how exactly do you deal with it? Specifically Rainachi, as you have nothing that can really hit it hard, and SubCM Rainachi will wreck you with relative ease.
I don't actually see Jirachi too often, strangely, but with the Swords Dance and Speed Boosts, Stored Power hits hard enough to 1 or 2-hit most Psychic-types. And I did swap out SPower for Earthquake.
I'm no expert but do you really need all that much speed on your Ninjask? And if you do then your current EV spread of you Ninjask can be improved. :o

Change your current EV/Nature spread from:
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SDef / 252 Spd Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)

to:
EVs: 248 HP / 156 SDef / 104 Spd Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

This gives Ninjask one more speed point and a whopping 24 point increase in Special Defense, making you Ninjask more bulkier. Hopefully I helped somewhat.
Thanks, this does help.
I would recommend replacing your lum berry on breloom with something like a kings rock or leftovers. Also try replacing dragonite's superpower with something like earthquake, cus you currently lack a quaker. Otherwise, it seems like a pretty good pass team, though i personally dont use pass teams competitively just as a rule.
I prefer holding the Lum Berry because it saves me from statuses like Burn and Poison, which were a problem when I gave it Leftovers before.
And Dragonite gets Earthquake now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)