Pokémon Mystery Dungeon (All Generations)

Well, at least stuff like Lucario won't get owned by his own abilities (inner focus cancels out steadfast FTW)
Actually, Lucario didnt get owned because they set it that one had to do with X-eyed status and one had to do with flinching/cringing

Ability cap still sucks though, that was one of my favorite things about the game mechanics

Wow as of right now it seems like not every Pokemon is going to be available in this game, and the list of discovered Pokemon seems kinda small - it includes all the Unova Pokemon but there is almost no Pokemon from past generations discovered so far. That kind of disappoints me considering they had all the Pokemon except one in Sky.

Still going to get the game when it comes out in the US though, since it looks awesome otherwise

Haven't heard anything about Magnagate other then what's in this thread but I'm still super excited for it. Might actually have to get a 3DS for it.

I still haven't completely finished EITHER of the other two PMDs though. Couldn't get over mandatory HMs that were a massive pain in the ass in PMD1, and having to babysit Cresselia in Dark Crater in PMD2. Other then that though, they're probably my favorite pokemon games, and I still use the music for inspiration with creative writing assignments.

I wonder if there will still be IQ skills. There has not been any confirmation on whether or not they are still in the new PMD.

So far, I am kind of disappointed. There does not seem to be that many dungeons and only 144 Pokemon. Hopefully there is still more out there...

I still haven't completely finished EITHER of the other two PMDs though. Couldn't get over mandatory HMs that were a massive pain in the ass in PMD1, and having to babysit Cresselia in Dark Crater in PMD2. Other then that though, they're probably my favorite pokemon games, and I still use the music for inspiration with creative writing assignments.
yeah cress was kinda annoying, even more so if you or your partner happens to be a grass-type (since the dungeon has craptons of fire-types). by that time though i already had a 'monster house fuck off' button with charge/discharge shinx and overheat torchic for lulz.

really annoying how the last boss has a rhyperior :(

So now Cincinno won't be OP. And my opinion about this game goes apprehensive to even more apprehensive.

... Yeah, couldn't think of a good way to finish that sentence.

Also money cap of 9999 what the fuck Chunsoft.
9999 held? I mean it would make the bank more useful, I guess, but would make shopping more of a hassle because you have to keep going back and forth to the bank. If the bank only holds that much then fuck.

DTC said:
I wonder if there will still be IQ skills. There has not been any confirmation on whether or not they are still in the new PMD.

So far, I am kind of disappointed. There does not seem to be that many dungeons and only 144 Pokemon. Hopefully there is still more out there...
I wouldn't be surprised if you got more in post game, or if they later had an add-on or DLC or something that released more. I mean it just doesn't make sense to take out that many pokemon, especially since there are previous gen pokemon in there--why just limit it to Pikachu, Dunsparce, Quagsire, Espeon, and Umbreon and forget about all the other previous gens?

Eh, whatever, I'll probably still buy it. I mean it's one of the reasons I even got a 3DS

DLC's for new Pokemon seems very plausible considering they have already released some downloadable content in dungeons.

There better be DLCs for new Pokemon - only about 22% of the Pokemon being in this game really detracts from the variety that I enjoyed from the previous PMDs. Not even all the Unova Pokemon made it, suprisingly.

yeah cress was kinda annoying, even more so if you or your partner happens to be a grass-type (since the dungeon has craptons of fire-types). by that time though i already had a 'monster house fuck off' button with charge/discharge shinx and overheat torchic for lulz.

really annoying how the last boss has a rhyperior :(
I was Torchic/Turtwig >_>

I got sick of it, and restarted from the very beginning to try to pull it off. Then I died about a thousand times in Brine Cave as Mudkip/Cyndaquil and gave up all together. Kabutops is OP as FCK

That fight was always really easy for me... even when I was a Chimchar.

One time I was a Chimchar/Treeko Team, it was a pretty solid combination

I was Torchic/Turtwig >_>

I got sick of it, and restarted from the very beginning to try to pull it off. Then I died about a thousand times in Brine Cave as Mudkip/Cyndaquil and gave up all together. Kabutops is OP as FCK
wait what
cyndaquil is broken in sky because smokescreen = free win
just have mudkip spam mud bomb or something o.O

it seems hunger doesn't exist anymore except for a small portion of post-game dungeons

damnit stop butchering the pmd we know and love :(

Im getting kinda depressed now... it feels like every game they are making the mechanics of it easier. (In PMD R/BRT you werent healed before a boss battle, in PMD EoT/D/S you were). And now no hunger?!?! What is this? Whats next? GHosts that CANT go through walls?

I also dont like how they took out so many starters. I liked the diversity they had in the old games.

inb4stepslimittakenout

i really liked the hunger mechanic, it does seem realistic and forces you to stock up on apples to survive. now what is this? you can just dump an entire arsenal of orans and max elixirs and never die again. >.>

Only about 22% of the pokes (not even all the Unovamons made it, I'm looking at you, Pidove and Solosis lines), not all legends are recruitable, at least for now (I'm looking at you, tao trio) and now no concept of nutrition? Gummies and IQ hit the boot as well? I can understand DLC fixing most of these problems, but seriously Chunsoft? That is precisely what happened with the Wii Ware versions.

This link is what you are looking for DTC. Basically, there are Team Skills shared by Pokemon now, and the skills are found in chests instead of being unlocked by IQ.

This link is what you are looking for DTC. Basically, there are Team Skills shared by Pokemon now, and the skills are found in chests instead of being unlocked by IQ.
As you travel through the dungeon and defeat various Pokémon, you will soon find that a special badge will come up in the top left screen and be accessible on the bottom screen. This opens up the Everyone Attack mode. This varies slightly depending on your Pokémon but when activated, will blow all the Pokémon in the room away, usually defeating them. It will then do the customised bit of raising your Pokémon's stats, the stat of which is based on your lead Pokémon.
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100106192041/persona4/images/7/75/Allout.jpg

I will admit, some of these new mechanics intrigue me, such as the dungeon auras and outside areas. I'll admit that I am disappointed in some of the ways they've strayed from the previous games, but at the same time I realize the need to experiment and try something new, so I'm holding out hope that these new additions will work out. I especially hope the dungeon auras add in some unexpectant but fair challenges, and that the puzzles in the outside areas are an actual nice change of pace. Also hoping that enemies' moves level up as well to privide more challenge, and that the DLC brings in more special missions.

Fuck dungeon switching though that looks annoying as all hell.

My first Mystery Dungeon game was RRT. I picked it up, thinking it was FireRed. I enjoyed it, but didn't really get into it because, well, I was expecting FireRed. Then I got EOT. I loved the game, and when I looked at YouTube videos about it, I really got into it. Then, I got EOS. And the guide. Oh my god, they had a recruiting Kecleon guide. I recruited him on EOT. I absolutely love him. My new strategy is with Rayquaza. He has a good IQ set, has Earthquake as a room-cleaner, can pass over everything, and with his exclusive items (Skyhigh Veil, Sky Gem, Dragon Gem), he's fast, attacks more, and best of all, can travel over lava-without getting burned. I tried Palkia, but he's not all that great...

Might as well revive this thread since I just picked up a copy of Sky for no reason other then to see the special episodes, and because iirc Magnagate releases near the end of this month.

I took the quiz without cheating and got Phanpy, a pokemon I know literally nothing about other then "it's a weaker Hippowpotas with Rapid Spin". (direct quote from an IRL friend). I chose Bulbasaur as my partner because I wanted a partner I could synergize well with. He brings all the crowd control (Sleep Powder spam ftw?) that Phanpy doesn't, while being able to actually do a little damage unlike Chikorita (accidentally started with that thing once in a SoulSilver playthrough, #neveragain). Plus, he brings the obvious benefit of Bullet Seed being OP as fuck and having a fairly versatile movepool.

Played through Beach Cave and Drenched Bluff by facerolling Tackle, although it took way longer then I wanted because my DS Lite's L button is broken so I can't use the preselect. Then, of course I get into the longest button mashing sequence in the game (you literally have like 10 minutes of cutscene in a row before you can actually go to Mt. Bristle) and halfway through my DS randomly shuts off. I turn it on again, the power light is green, and I play through until it shuts off randomly again.

At this point, I'm panicking and trying to find some other guy who has a DS I can borrow since it's clear that my Lite with a broken hinge and L button has finally reached the point where it is no longer functional as a game playing device. I finally borrow a DS Fat (the original) from somebody and keep playing. Mash buttons through the cutscene, blah blah blah, go to Mount Bristle.

I almost died on the 5th floor of the cave to a Starly who essentially spammed Quick Attack on my partner and I until I finally got the balls to step forward. Unfortunately, this fight consumed all of my Oran Berries, so I had to truck through the rest of the dungeon at around 10-15 health. Good thing I got a few lucky +Speed boosts from Ancientpower (can you believe Phanpy gets that at level one?) and through Flail, the most broken as hell move in Mystery Dungeon. In the end, I save Azurill from Drowzee the child molester treasure hunter, go home, and everyone except Drowzee lives happily ever after.

Then my friend takes his DS back. Don't know when I'm gonna get to play some more given my lack of money and my broken DS, but if you guys liked this I'll keep you updated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)