Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Hey guys, I'm looking to get a scramble for Platinum. I can trade (If it helps, available games for trade are FireRed, Emerald, and SoulSilver). Throw whatever at me, I don't really care, as long as it's not too insanely difficult. I'll accept the next 6 Pokemon unless, again, they're too unreasonably challenging.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
White 2 Challenge Mode Scramble Update #3

Whee another Update with loopholes & bugs!

Original Post
Update #1
Update #2

Okay, so from where we last left off, a band chick was defeated. Now, I have to make my way to Pokéstar Studios for the annoying unavoidable part of the game. At this point, I watch a movie where some fail actor gets slaughtered by a Vullaby. Then I was told to film a movie with a Riolu & some ex-gym leader. Went through the movie in one cut. Watched the movie. Got cheered more than the fail actor. After that, the annoying part was finally over!

Next part saw me have to deal with for the second time: Team Plasma at the deck at Virbank. The grunt fell pretty easily to Furious the Psyduck (3/20 Trainers Soloed), then the grunt ran all the way to Route 20...LIKE A COWARD. So you know what I had to do? Chase after the fucker, since Hugh was such an incompetent & was not looking in the right bloody place. Geez. At least I defeated that grunt as well with Furious (4/20 Trainers Soloed)...After that, I could FINALLY get on the ship to Castelia City!

Now at the big city, & I get a bicycle & an Exp. Share to put on 0MagSlag the Koffing, then it was off to the Battle Company, where I clear out that place, where Furious soloed another trainer, boosting his Solo Count to 5/20, & he no longer had to use Disable! Whee! After that, it was off to the Castelia Gym, where I get re-directed to Castelia Sewers...

In the sewers, I am forced to team up with Hugh, but instead of going where I am supposed to take him, I instead make him follow me all the way around the sewers, fighting trainers & abusing his instant healing powers. After a while, I then take him to the Plasma Grunts & we belt them. Whee! After that, I went to Route 4 for some training...

"Hey! I want you to battle me! I want to get my mons some experience!"

Yes, you heard me right. +1 Exploitable loophole get. The Pokemon Breeders are so Naive & always want you to battle them. And thanks to Furious' poorly designed solo requirements, I equip Furious with a Leftovers, & start Breeder bashing to fully fulfil his solo requirements. 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, & then Furious got Fury Swipes, which was unreliable as fuck...14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20. Solo requirements fulfilled, & after that, I finally go into the desert patches & catch Reckless the Darumaka. And it was a lucky one too, with a Jolly Nature, 31 Attack IV's, ~27/28 Speed IV's, & a good Defence IV, it looked like I had hit the jackpot with it. Problem is, it did not have recoil/self-hindering moves for a while, but thanks to the challenge rules, I could still use whatever I wanted with it for the time being.

So then I needed some grinding before the third gym, & I do exactly that, getting everything to at least Lv20, & evolving Grub the Sewaddle into a Swadloon! And after giving Reckless an Eviolite, & taking an Exp. Share from 0MagSlag the Koffing (Who was Lv27), it was time to go to the Gym. Not so soon as I beat the first lackey though, Grub evolves again into a Leavanny. Whee...That was quick. And after beating the other trainers, I finally get to Burgh, & battle him.

Grub vs. Dwebble was first, & Grub died quickly after being belted by Dwebble's Rock Blast. So I sent in Rover the Herdier to make up for it & two healing items & a Sitrus berry + Hyper Potion later from Burgh, Dwebble fell to Rover. Next was Karrablast. Rover vs. Karrablast featured lots of Headbutt spam from Burgh's mon, & a excellently timed crit ended up killing Rover. So I sent in Furious to finish off the Karrablast with a Water Pulse. I then sent in 0MagSlag the Koffing against Burgh's Leavanny, & despite being Grasswhistle'd to sleep, 0MagSlag swiftly woke up, survived two Aerial Aces thanks to his impressive Defence, to Poison Leavanny with Poison Gas, & Venoshock it into oblivion. Finally, I sent in Reckless in against Shelmet to OHKO with Fire Punch for the win. +1 Insect Badge get!

After that, I heal up, & call it a day, ready for the next part of the adventure...

Magnemite [Shy] (-)
Lv21 | Magnet Pull | Impish
-Thunder Wave
-Supersonic
-Thundershock
-Return

Comments: Have not been using this that much for obvious reasons, but Para-fusion strategies have served this thing well, making up for the lack of damage output...Current LVP.
---

Leavanny [Grub] (F) @ Miracle Seed
Lv21 | Chlorophyll | Gentle
-Razor Leaf
-Protect
-Bug Bite
-Return

Comments: Again, not much usage due to forced restrictions, but at least it is my first FE for the scramble :)
---

Darumaka [Reckless] (M) @ Eviolite
Lv22 | Hustle | Jolly
-Facade
-Uproar
-Fire Punch
-Headbutt
0/5 #Times died to recoil damage

Comments: It is a Darumaka. It hits like a truck. It has a great nature, & a flawless Attack IV. Sadly no negative/recoil moves atm...Also, it is still yet to prove itself.
---

Herdier [Rover] (F)
Lv23 | Sand Rush | Bashful
-Leer
-Tackle
-Work Up
-Bite

Comments: The low damage output is annoying, but at least it gets Work Up now. Also, an immunity to Sandstorm is always nice. I great workhorse through & through. Current MVP.
---

Psyduck [Furious] (M) @ Leftovers
Lv24 | Cloud Nine | Bold
-Disable
-Fury Swipes
-Confusion
-Water Pulse
20/20 trainers soloed

Comments: Thanks to a persistent breeder, Furious is finally free of his shackles, & can operate normally. Disable is a pretty nifty move at times too, I guess.
---

Koffing [0MagSlag] (M)
Lv27 | Levitate | Impish
-Poison Gas
-Return
-Venoshock
-Clear Smog

Comments: Its level is bloated, because of an Exp. Share to keep its level way above Shy's. I love Poison Gas + Venoshock as a powerhouse combo, but with Colress coming up comes a trained Magnemite, so I guess its levelling can help...

And with that, update done. Enjoy!

Here is my next update! just finished :)
I hope its entertaining, but not too crazy/immature!

*Glacier exits the Striaton gym , then turns*

???: HI CUTIE ~~~~<3 ^_~
Me: ...Hi? (Shes kinda loud and obnoxious.... but Bianca's mom is a blonde.... is this her cousin perhaps?)
???: LOL NOPE I'M FENNEL, Prof. Juni's
lesbian lover College pal~<3!
Me: oh that's really nic- HEY WAIT YOU READ MY MIND!?!
Fennel: Tehe! Follow meeeeeee~<3!

*forced to go home with the older/more attractive version of bianca*

Fennel: blah blah blah! boring useless science stuff! blah blah dreams blah blah aliens blah blah i like breasts blah blah...
Me: *dozes off*
Fennel: OK SO YEAH GET ME DREAM MIST
Me: ah wait what huh?
Fennel: go to the abandoned creepy building and get me dream mist ^_^
Me: its a good thing this is pokemon. This wouldnt slide in the real world.

(Blaze is such a beast now. level 17 pignite lonely nature wrecking EVERYTHING.)

Now let's cut down this tree! GO HM SLAVE!

Master wants me? Yay Master does love me!

Actually i can't love you. You aren't one of my scramble mons :/

:(

HM Slave the Patrat used Cut! (on itself when no one was looking, but that's a bit morbid for this charming little scramble)

Ok, tree is out of the way, let's get that Dream Mi-

OMIGOSHOMIGOSHOMGISH GLACIERRRRRRRRRRR <3

*FACE PALM*

Hey bianca....-

YOU KNOW ITS FUNNY GLACIE-POO, I WANTED TO GO INSIDE HERE BUT I CAN'T USE CUT CAUSE I'M TOO LAZY TO CHALLENGE GYM LEADERS BUT THANKS TO YOU I CAN GO INSIDE AND WE CAN TAG TEAM TOGETHER AND I CAN ANNOY THE CRAP OUT OF YOU YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

.......HM Slave use cut on my life ;_;

*Strolling through the dream yard when suddenly*

Munna mun mun~

Bianca: CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE <3
Me: CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE-
um.... *cough* heheh..

and then what happens next? oh, you've played the game before

GINGERS.

(Not going to lie, i totally didnt realized that Team Plasma was an army of gingers.)

Male Ginger: FREE THE POKEMON! PLASMAAAAAAA
Female Ginger: STEAL YOUR SOULS! GINGERRRRRRR
Male Ginger: Don't mind us, we're just going to beat the turd of out this pokemon, so we can free the pokemon!

Even Bianca doesn't understand that, silly Plasma Gingers. And she's bianca.

Ok, Long story short, I probably did a little too much grinding with Pignite

ONE HIT KOs EVERYWHEREEEEEEEEE

Male Ginger: But....But our hair should have given us extra powers...
Female Ginger: We couldnt get any souls master Ghetsis.... forgive us....

Team Plasma Skeedadles
I get dream mist ^_^

*boring part where i go back to fennel's*

Fennel: OH GLACIER THIS IS DREAM MIST YOU'RE MAI HERO SQUEEEEEEEEE <3
Me: if only you acted your age Fennel. You're a pretty hot creeper lady.

So i finally get out of Striaton city

Note: you know that old guy that stands at the exit of Striaton city? that tells you to challenge the gym leader and won't bother you once you get the badge? He reminded me of Gandalf....

YOU. SHALL. NOT. PASS!
*until you beat the gym leader ._.*

Back to the story though.

la la de la la la de~!

Oh? Little children want to battle me?

BRING IT KEKEKEKEKE.

Blaze destroys the dreams of 5 year olds!
The tears of toddlers bathe Blaze!
What?

Blaze is Level 18!
<(^_^<(
^(^_^)^
)>^_^)>
V(^_^)V

You gotta do what you gotta do....-

Oh hello chap!
*cheren walks in, and he has a pringles guy moustache*

Me: CHEREN IS SO CLASSY.
Cheren: I do believe both you and I are entilted to a match! It seems as though we have pocketed a badge!

*Like i said before, level 18 Pignite rapes everything. Poor Fancy Cheren didn't have a chance*

Cheren: Curses! Foiled once more by my good friend Glaci-

OUTTA THE WAY GINGERS ON THE RUNNNNN

Bianca runs on and is all sad, apparently the Gingers stole her soul (and a little girl's pokemon)

How barbaric! Removing the souls of innocent young lasses? Despeciable! Glacier, let us act with haste!

ANYTHING YOU SAY CHEREN :D
(Don't judge, Cheren is a cool character)

So, we enter the little water cave, and what do we find?

Yup. Team Plasma is all up in this shiznit.

Cheren: Glacier, we have known each other since we were little. We have always got each other's backs, lets show these guys our strength!

(And yes folks, this uplifting and empowering friend speech is actually in the game. tried to copy it verbatim, but its loosely translate :/)

CHEREN YOU ARE SO MANLY AND WISE

*And so we battle the plasm-grunts*

Yes, team plasma had their world ended. BY US.

I leave and find Bianca and the little girl (bless her soul, putting up with bianca that long) by a white picket fence. WHITE PICKET FENCE WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Little Girl: :o mister mister! That's my pokemon! thank you :D
*Heart melts because its a touching moment of pokemon returnal*
YAAAAAAAAY GOOD JOB GLACIE-POO U R SO STRUNG <3~!<3
*And this ruined kodak moment is brought to you today by bianca!*

I also got some heal balls from the sweet little girl, and they might come in handy! (Getting other scramble-mons ofc)

GAME SAVED AND PAUSED. TAKING A BREAK TO PUT UP....
*CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS~*

And i'm back! Skipped most of the trainers on Route 3, becuase, well...
PIGNITE IS LEVEL 19. TOO MUCH STRONGTH.
Seriously, he's getting too much experience too fast.
He has no partners yet to share the exp ;_;

Hm Slave: Master use me please love me ;____;
Me: I can't :/ You're just here to cut and smash
Hm Slave: But....i love you.....

Anywho, i make it to Nacrene. Cheren gives me MOAR BERRIES <3
and tells me that normal types are weak against fighting types

Me: I've known that since i was 6.... but its ok cheren you were trying to be helpful ^_^

Because Cheren is so cool, i treat him to dinner, and we get some gnarly tacos. (Cheren loves mexican food, because i say so.)

Now, dinner is done, and I go and challenge the nacrene gym lead-

YOUR POKEMON ARE TALKING AGAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

Hey man ^o^ GUESS WHAT MAN, THE POKEMON
THE POKEMON.
they're like...
TALKIN TO MEH.
Woah man, woah.....

Me: You and Shaggy would make good friends.

GLACIER VS N

Pignite rape fest ;______;

Blaze is Level 20!
<(^_^<(
^(^_^)^
)>o_o)>
)>0_0)>
V)-__-)V

*so strongth*

.......WOAH MAN. ALL THESE PRETTY COLORS.
I think i need more power to free my people man
and like my people are pokemon.....
man.
I need to get a big dragon to help me
and we can fly on rainbows ^.^

Me: Yeah, stoner.

(time to battle Lenora!)

Battling all Lenora's cronies, when...

Blaze is Level 21!....

V)-__-)V

Blaze is still obeying me though... i thought the cap was 20? huh, works for me~!

I go down the steps....

GYM LEADER LENORA

Lenora: Mah NAME-UH is LE-nor-UH. now i KNOW-UH you ain't runn'n roun MAH gym, tryna get all up in mah SPACE-UH.

Me: *mumbles*The only black person in Unova, and she's a gym leader-

Lenora: OH HELL NAH. HELL NAH. HELL HELL HELLLLLLLL NAH.
YOU CALLN ME BLACK
DAT'S A HATE CRIME.
HATE CRIME YOU SKANKEH CRACKER

Me: ok ok! I'm sorry, look let's just batt-

Lenora: UH NAH. DON' BE TELLN ME WUT TO DO CRACKER. I AM A
STRONG-UH.
IN-DUH-PEN-DUNT.
BLACK WOMAN.
NOW STOP WIT YO HATE CRIMES AND BATTLE ME CRACKER

Me: why are you being ridiculous.....

Lenora: OH HELL NAH. HELL NAH. I RIDICULOUS CAUSE I'M BLACK?
HATE CRIME. NUDDA HATE CRIME.

CRACKER I'M CALLING THE POPO.

but first....

GYM BATTLE BEGIN
LENORA VS GLACIER

*Pignite lv 21 vs Herdier lv17*
Pignite uses flame charge twice
HATE CRIME.
herdier tries to take down but misses both times
DAT'S ANUDDA HATE CRIME.
potion used by lenora

Arm Thrust KO's with 5 hits!

HELL NAH. OH HELL NAH. NAH NAH NAH-
SHUT THE FREAK UP YOU IGNORANT WOMAN JUST THROW OUT YOUR LAST POKEMON NOW
.....aight.

*Pignite lv 21 vs Watchog lv20*
Pignite tries to smog but fails
Watchog tries to hyponsis but fails
Pignite tries to smog but fails
Watchog tries to hyponis but fails
Pignite realizes poison is stupid and just arm thrusts
FIVE HITS AND 2 CRITS WOOOOOOOOO
ONE. HIT. K.O.

Gym leader Lenora is defeated! Glacier gets the Basic pin badge thing!

Lenora: Man, cracker, yo skillz are fo shizzle. I will respct yo white trash hate crimin butt.
Me: Thanks...

And then we know what happens next. Lenora's hubby comes on in and tells us team GINGER plasma is here and is trying to take stuff. She runs off of course.

Now, before i end the chapter, i just want to say i really like how Lenora is african Unovan and her husband is causcasian.

HUZZAH FOR INTERRACIAL RELATIONSHIP PROMOTION!

CHAPTER TWO OF WHITE SCRAMBLE, FIN~

@Darkmaelstrom, take Hazel the Croagunk (Route 212, Female)

Hazel is an attention whore, so to speak. She always has to be in the limelight, and everyone has to pay attention. As soon as you catch her, you must put her in your first party slot, and there she must always stay. You can switch her out during battles, but she can never leave your first party slot. Sadly, you despise her for being so conceived and gaudy, and because of this Hazel cannot evolve. I guess she knows you dont really love her. She can only evolve once she learns to flatter you and everyone else. Once she evolves, Hazel is very happy, and does not feel the need to show off or steal the spot light anymore (you can move her from the first party slot).

Rule recap:
-must be female croagunk, caught on route 212
-once you catch hazel, she has to be moved to your first party slot
-you cannot remove hazel from the first party slot (though you can switch her out during battles)
-Hazel cannot evolve until she learns the move Flatter
-once Hazel evolves into a toxicroak, she can be moved from the first party slot.

Nice updates!

And I am so happy Beacon is doing some serious work.

Also DarkMaelstrom:

take a lovely bidoof the HmSlave.
It must learn four hm's and keep them asap.
But it does not want to be useless, as it is usually considered. It wants to solo at least 10 pokemon in total of the elite four and champion, one of which has to be cynthia's milotic, as it is the sperior water type.

Have fun.

Ok so decided to do one of these due to
1)boredom
2)Wanting to write something

-Ok so Heart Gold Scramble
-Upper medium difficulty
-No Trades
-I want to write a more serious toned so if you give the mons names please be more serious or epic(no Flaps the Zubat)
-I've actually got a decent number of requests as to mons that I do not want and one request of one I get
No mon of any of the...
Pikachu
Ledyba
Bellsprout
Dunsparce
Poiltoed(specifically him died too many times on PS to have any love of it)
Ditto
Aipom
Sunflora
Lickitung
Tangela

That is it. I hate to be this picky but I just can't bring myself to use these mons at any point.
F-or a starter I would prefer non Chikorita
-And for the mon I would like to pick out: Houndoom(Love this mon)
I want complex challenges (don't ravage me though, I've seen what you people do ;.;)

The Royal Guard! (As I asked for less derpy names, don't mean to offend but if it's all the same I'm changing Elvis and Blunt)

RoyalKevin, take Siegfried the Heracross

Editing in details

After you stroll through the Ilex forest and learn how to headbutt, you will see all trees differently. you will want to figure out what mysterious lay in their perches. One day you decide to try headbutting some trees on route 33. that's when you first meet Siegfried the Heracross. His staggering build and muscle attracts you, for you enjoy a pokemon that has strength, Upon capture however, you discover all is not as it seems. Siegfried appears to enjoy a more quiet, humble lifestyle. He likes to preserve himself, and always makes sure he is far from being finished. he is careful and calculating.

Once you have Siegfried for a while, things will change. After becoming stronger, and defeating many foes, he will start to enjoy the sport of battle. Siegfried will understand that he is very strong, and can take down many opponents, even by himself. it will be difficult to stop him from doing what he wants.

When you reach foreign lands, Siegfried is a whole new person. Mind blown by his own power and abilities, he will do nothing more than belligerently beat his enemies to a pulp, and he will demand more battle time. He will not even allow the team to move forward until he has proven his might, and decimated the surrounding area.

Rules:
-Catch Siegfried the Heracross on route 33 by headbutting (should be a male)

Zen-stage
-When Sigfried's health gets down to yellow, he must endure that next action.
-Siegfried can only use one attack for the whole battle he is in (e.g he might know tackle and fury attack, but if he uses tackle first, he can only use tackle for that whole battle.)
-Siegfried must use a non damaging move his first action

once Siegfried has defeated 40 pokemon (wild/trainer/gym/etc), he goes from zen stage to Sparring stage

Sparring-stage
-Siegfried has to attack with its weakest attack first action
-Siegfried cannot used non damaging moves until he is in the red or yellow health zone
-Siegfried must be used in every trainer battle (unless another pokemon has a solo clause)
-Siegfried cannot use the same move twice until he has used all four of his moves once

once You cross the border into Kanto, Siegfried goes from sparring stage to beserk stage

Beserk Stage
-Siegfried cannot learn any non damaging moves, and must forget any known non damaging moves
-Whenever you enter a new route/cave/area with wild pokemon, Siegfried must Defeat 15 pokemon in that route/cave/area before you can go to the next route
-Sigfried cannot be given any HP regaining/PP regaining items (can be revived though)

@ The Royal Guard: You get a Totodile, whom I do not care about the nickname.

Its restrictions are as follows:
-Totodile starts out with 600 BP Points.
-Each time you replace one of Totodile's moves with a Level-Up move, or teach it a TM/HM, you must pay BP Points equal to the BP of that move.
-If the move in question does not have a BP, then you must pay BP Points equal to (45 - The move's PP).
-If you do not have enough BP Points to afford the move, you cannot learn that move.
-To evolve into Croconaw, you must have spent at least 300 BP Points.
-To evolve into Feraligatr, you must have spent all 600 of Totodile's BP Points.
-Totodile must solo your Rival's Starter on every occasion.

Have fun.

Reserving for The Royal Guard.

So our royal guard, you get Shield the Spinarak, the first one you meet on route 37.
But as a good guard should know, shield have a certain durability. Meet the restrictions on your mighty shield in a beautiful point system. This system will give you a good insight in how your shield feels.

Change the counter:
When Spinarak faints: counter -3
When Spinarak is hit by a super effective move: counter -2
When Spinarak gets hit by a neutral move: counter -1
When Spinarak gets healed for more than half his Hp: counter +2
When Spinarak gets hit by a not very effective move: counter +1
When Spinarak is cured from a status: counter +1

The counter starts at 100 (100 percent ). The restrictions are based on your counter.
0-10 Spinarak is on his last legs. He can only use his weakest, non-STABed move or status moves. He must switch out after attacking.
11-20 Spinarak's durability is really low. He cannot use STAB moves anymore. When he gets hit by any move, he has to switch out.
21-35 Spinarak is feeling a little weak. He cannot be in battle for more than 2 turns per battle. From these two turns, he can only use a STAB move once.
36-50 Spinarak is feeling alright. If he battles, he wants to knock out the opponent, unless he faints. He cannot use his strongest attack.
51-65 Spinarak is feeling moderately well. He only wants to attack and use his strongest move, without applying resistances / weaknesses / STAB.
66-80 Spinarak is feeling well. He wants to use any move he likes, but never twice in a row. He has to switch out when he gets into yellow, and switch in when a teammember faints or gets into red.
81-90 Spinarak is feeling quite strong. He must switch in whenever another party member gets into yellow Hp range. He has to knock out the opponent on the field, unless he faints.
91-100 Spinarak is feeling super. He must always lead your party. He must use a non-damaging move every other turn.

Spinarak wants to solo a gymleader. He can evolve after doing so. All restrictions still apply. His durability counter gets reset upon evolving.

He has to kill at least one poke of every elite four member / the champion and solo one of Red's pokemon too.

Have fun!

Ps, on the topic of a potential houndoom, you know you can only get it after beating the champion, right?

Reserving for The Royal Guard

The Royal Guard, you get Enrage the Houndour. (Note: Since you get it in Kanto on Route 7, this isn't going to come in until WAY later in the game.)

Houndour is just a normal Houndour, and when it evolves it's just a normal Houndoom.

Except for one thing.

It has an effect called Enrage. In case you are not familiar with Enrage, here it is:

Enrage: Damaged increased by +400%, Speed increased by +300%. All attacks never miss and always land a critical hit. Immunity to Taunt, Rage Powder and Follow Me, enhanced move selection smartness; obtains the effects of the Mold Breaker ability.

Enrage comes in after 8 rounds during any trainer battle. Thus, after 8 rounds:

-It must switch in, and stay in until either it or the opponent is KOed.
-It must use the move that has the most BAP, regardless of type effectiveness.
-If it manages to defeat the trainer, then Enrage wears off. After that happens, the Enrage timer is set to 9 rounds for the next battle. If this happens again, the Enrage timer will go up by one each time.

Houndoom must solo a Kanto gym leader after Enrage takes effect. If it also solos Red after Enrage takes effect, then Enrage need not activate again.

Finally, @The Royal Guard:
reserved

The Royal Guard, take Vincent the Eevee.

Ever wondered why Bill gives you a free Eevee? No? Well, obviously when someone gives you something free it's low-quality. Or at least that's the case with this Eevee. What Bill doesn't tell you is, when it was young, it had a mishap involving a Kabutops and a bottle of Magikarp-flavoured sauce. So, its only restriction is that it cannot use any STAB moves in battle. Furthermore, it must solo Brock, to reinforce its preference for blunt offense.

GL;HF! ~

The Royal Guard, you get a male Slowpoke named Roswell.

Roswell dreams of becoming a Slowking, but because you said no trades, he's cursed into becoming a Slowbro. As a Slowbro Roswell is only allowed to use physical moves and his ability must be Own Tempo. When you defeat Blue, you must teach him Trick Room, and he is to solo Red's Pikachu.

Now, should you decide that trading is OK, then Roswell's dream of becoming a Slowking can be fulfilled. As a Slowking his ability must be Oblivious (that Shellder on his head prevents Roswell from getting his groove on), and he must know either Swagger or Captivate at all times. Instead of soloing Red's Pikachu, he'll have to solo Red's Venusaur.

Good luck!

Thank you everyone for the mons(Sorry I went and changed the names, but your challenges were amazing ^_^)

I'll get started on this soon!

RoyalKevin, take Siegfried the Heracross

Editing in details

After you stroll through the Ilex forest and learn how to headbutt, you will see all trees differently. you will want to figure out what mysterious lay in their perches. One day you decide to try headbutting some trees on route 33. that's when you first meet Siegfried the Heracross. His staggering build and muscle attracts you, for you enjoy a pokemon that has strength, Upon capture however, you discover all is not as it seems. Siegfried appears to enjoy a more quiet, humble lifestyle. He likes to preserve himself, and always makes sure he is far from being finished. he is careful and calculating.

Once you have Siegfried for a while, things will change. After becoming stronger, and defeating many foes, he will start to enjoy the sport of battle. Siegfried will understand that he is very strong, and can take down many opponents, even by himself. it will be difficult to stop him from doing what he wants.

When you reach foreign lands, Siegfried is a whole new person. Mind blown by his own power and abilities, he will do nothing more than belligerently beat his enemies to a pulp, and he will demand more battle time. He will not even allow the team to move forward until he has proven his might, and decimated the surrounding area.

Rules:
-Catch Siegfried the Heracross on route 33 by headbutting (should be a male)

Zen-stage
-When Sigfried's health gets down to yellow, he must endure that next action.
-Siegfried can only use one attack for the whole battle he is in (e.g he might know tackle and fury attack, but if he uses tackle first, he can only use tackle for that whole battle.)
-Siegfried must use a non damaging move his first action

once Siegfried has defeated 40 pokemon (wild/trainer/gym/etc), he goes from zen stage to Sparring stage

Sparring-stage
-Siegfried has to attack with its weakest attack first action
-Siegfried cannot used non damaging moves until he is in the red or yellow health zone
-Siegfried must be used in every trainer battle (unless another pokemon has a solo clause)
-Siegfried cannot use the same move twice until he has used all four of his moves once

once You cross the border into Kanto, Siegfried goes from sparring stage to beserk stage

Beserk Stage
-Siegfried cannot learn any non damaging moves, and must forget any known non damaging moves
-Whenever you enter a new route/cave/area with wild pokemon, Siegfried must Defeat 15 pokemon in that route/cave/area before you can go to the next route
-Sigfried cannot be given any HP regaining/PP regaining items (can be revived though)

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Lololololol Glacier, your updates are TOO AWESOME TO HANDLE!!! Seriously, lolololololol.
Anyway... Well, I was going to do some chellanges but I'm too tired... So, uh, there! I will however, be doing the gym battle soon on my own scramble, so you can enjoy that! It'll be weird though, starting with a gym battle and, most likely, ending with one! You don't do much in between the battles, but I am in for some major grinding right now since I have to get Vee, Top% and FritoLay all in quick succession... But yeah. don't be expecing an update too quickly since I'll be doing lots of grinding before the castelia gym!

Okay, after giving up getting a light ball and preparing everything else I have FINALLY started my challange as outlined here.

Not much to say except just swept Cheren with Snivy then traded over All of the eggs. Had to hatch a second Finneon as it was specified that Gorgeous had to be female. Also Pika hatched knowing flail which is an egg move so I traded it back to my Black 1 file to get it deleted. While there I checked it's hidden power and it is ground so lucky me, but I'll wait for the PWT before teaching it the move. Lastly, after doing some research, I found out that the earliest opportunity you fight your rival after the PWT is in Undella Town, which is after Skyla's Gym, so Hulk the Aron will have to stay an Aron until after Undella.

Tomorrow I plan to post more in narrative, but just letting everyone know that I have started it.

Celever

i am town
Hi guys, again, there’s no need to bore you with details on being a gym leader, and I’ll try and get this one done quickly, so sit back and relax! Where I left you was just before some major grinding in the virbank complex, and here is beacon’s set:
Beacon the mareep, level 25
Electro ball
Charge
Take down
Growl – though it still can’t talk.

I think this set is pretty damn good going in to challenge Roxie, especially given how poison types are generally so slow! So, I went off to the pokemon center, battled the gym trainers for some extra exp and challenged roxie:
Gym leader Roxie vs Challenger Altaver!
Altaver sent out level 25 Beacon!
Roxie sent out level 16 Koffing!
Turn 1: Beacon used electro ball!
Koffing fainted!
Beacon gained 201 Exp.!
Roxie sent out level 18 Whirlipede!
Turn 2: Beacon used take down!
Beacon took recoil!
Whirlipede used venoshock!
Turn 3: Beacon used electro ball!
Whirlipede fainted!
Beacon gained 477 exp. Points!
Challenger Altaver beat Gym leader Roxie!
Altaver got $2160 for winning!

That has to be one of my fondest memories of the journey! A 3 turn battle which I won, it might have been 2 turn but I wasn’t sure if whirlipede was quick or not so I went for take down first! Oh well, I collected the toxic badge and went to heal Beacon at the pokemon center when some guy came up to me and told me to go to pokestar studios! Then Roxie, who heard the command, came and got reminded that her Dad is still trying to be an actor! Anyway, I went and healed Beacon and found pokestar studios and headed in. And then was stopped yet again though this time it was four a tour of pokestar studios. Not that I wanted to actually go on it though! Anyway, I was made to see a movie that was pretty terrible, and then Roxie’s dad had a mid-life crisis and went back to steering the ship. Why not!? XD And then I’m made to make a movie of my own! Joy of joys! Anyway, after all of that was finished I went onto the boat and over to Castelia! Or that’s what would have happened if team plasma didn’t get in the way! I then tried to get on the boat but the captain still wasn’t there! So it appeared I’d have to go over onto route 20 with Cheren and Roxie to search for team plasma… Just let me get on with the journey! I thought but nevertheless I pursued them because I had to… Anyway, I found a grunt northeast of floccessy town and she had a fearsome level 14 purrloin! Anyway, I beat her and she told us that they were living on a boat (way to keep a secret) and Dark came over. He then said the most extraordinary thing. “We can board boats at the docks”. You don’t say? Anyway, I went back to Virbank and with the ever so useful information that you get on boats at docks I got on a boat – at the dock! Anyway, in Castelia city I obtained a bike and then rode up the closest ally, when some guy randomly gave me the TM for flash (all of these people giving me stuff!). Beacon jumped out of his pokeball when he saw the TM, stole it from my pocket and learned it instead of Growl! Wow, he really wanted that attack! I will leave you at that, along with a review of my current team!
Beacon the Flaaffy, calm nature, level 26.
Take down
Flash
Charge
Electro ball
Beacon is OP for where I was in the journey! It was just.. just.. weird. Not that I’m complaining or anything! Next update though, we get 3 new members so Beacon will no doubt fall from the lime-light for a while!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@ DarkMaelstrom: You get Rage the Kricketot.

Rage has always been one to take hits before destroying things in his rage. To reflect this, Rage must know & keep Bide at all times. Rage also wants to show that his tactics are effective against all kinds of trainers. So in order to evolve, Rage must solo 10 different trainers with Bide. By different, I mean, soloing the same trainer more than once does not count. After that, as a Kricketune, Rage still thinks his tactics are effective, so he must solo a further 10 different trainers with Bide. Additionally, Whenever Rage (As a Kricketune) is at full health, & he is on the field, he must use Bide.

Have fun.

@ The Royal Guard: You get a Totodile, whom I do not care about the nickname.

Its restrictions are as follows:
-Totodile starts out with 600 BP Points.
-Each time you replace one of Totodile's moves with a Level-Up move, or teach it a TM/HM, you must pay BP Points equal to the BP of that move.
-If the move in question does not have a BP, then you must pay BP Points equal to (45 - The move's PP).
-If you do not have enough BP Points to afford the move, you cannot learn that move.
-To evolve into Croconaw, you must have spent at least 300 BP Points.
-To evolve into Feraligatr, you must have spent all 600 of Totodile's BP Points.
-Totodile must solo your Rival's Starter on every occasion.

Have fun.

Reserving for The Royal Guard.

So our royal guard, you get Shield the Spinarak, the first one you meet on route 37.
But as a good guard should know, shield have a certain durability. Meet the restrictions on your mighty shield in a beautiful point system. This system will give you a good insight in how your shield feels.

Change the counter:
When Spinarak faints: counter -3
When Spinarak is hit by a super effective move: counter -2
When Spinarak gets hit by a neutral move: counter -1
When Spinarak gets healed for more than half his Hp: counter +2
When Spinarak gets hit by a not very effective move: counter +1
When Spinarak is cured from a status: counter +1

The counter starts at 100 (100 percent ). The restrictions are based on your counter.
0-10 Spinarak is on his last legs. He can only use his weakest, non-STABed move or status moves. He must switch out after attacking.
11-20 Spinarak's durability is really low. He cannot use STAB moves anymore. When he gets hit by any move, he has to switch out.
21-35 Spinarak is feeling a little weak. He cannot be in battle for more than 2 turns per battle. From these two turns, he can only use a STAB move once.
36-50 Spinarak is feeling alright. If he battles, he wants to knock out the opponent, unless he faints. He cannot use his strongest attack.
51-65 Spinarak is feeling moderately well. He only wants to attack and use his strongest move, without applying resistances / weaknesses / STAB.
66-80 Spinarak is feeling well. He wants to use any move he likes, but never twice in a row. He has to switch out when he gets into yellow, and switch in when a teammember faints or gets into red.
81-90 Spinarak is feeling quite strong. He must switch in whenever another party member gets into yellow Hp range. He has to knock out the opponent on the field, unless he faints.
91-100 Spinarak is feeling super. He must always lead your party. He must use a non-damaging move every other turn.

Spinarak wants to solo a gymleader. He can evolve after doing so. All restrictions still apply. His durability counter gets reset upon evolving.

He has to kill at least one poke of every elite four member / the champion and solo one of Red's pokemon too.

Have fun!

Ps, on the topic of a potential houndoom, you know you can only get it after beating the champion, right?

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
shinyskarmory: Remember that challange you gave me waaay back on page 151? This thing?
lol, I finally finished it. Thanks for giving me such an easy challange (compared to Prof. Science's :P) ~(^.^)~

My team at the end:

Mudkip
Level: 67
- Return
- Mud-Slap
- Surf
- Ice Beam

I must say, my battle with Steven was kinda lame, with me banking on min/max rolls and a whole bunch of Hyper Potions/Full Restores.

P.S. Sidney is a bitch, Sand-Attack Mightyena, Swagger Sharpedo, Swagger + Double Team + Extrasensory Shiftry... v_v

also, @Glacier Knight: another great update, I see good things coming your way for the P300SA o_o

Finally, @The Royal Guard:
reserved

The Royal Guard, take Blunt the Eevee.

Ever wondered why Bill gives you a free Eevee? No? Well, obviously when someone gives you something free it's low-quality. Or at least that's the case with this Eevee. What Bill doesn't tell you is, when it was young, it had a mishap involving a Kabutops and a bottle of Magikarp-flavoured sauce. So, its only restriction is that it cannot use any STAB moves in battle. Furthermore, it must solo Brock, to reinforce its preference for blunt offense.

GL;HF! ~

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Hey guys, I'm looking to get a scramble for Platinum. I can trade (If it helps, available games for trade are FireRed, Emerald, and SoulSilver). Throw whatever at me, I don't really care, as long as it's not too insanely difficult. I'll accept the next 6 Pokemon unless, again, they're too unreasonably challenging.
You get a male Squirtle nicknamed Squirtle for your starter; pick Piplup and trade it away for Squirtle as soon as trading is possible. This Squirtle is part of the original Squirtle Squad and thus is too cool to evolve. He must be used in every double battle you engage (tag battles don't count) and must learn Surf. Finally he must be used against Barry's starter in every battle against Barry, and can't switch out unless Barry's starter faints or he faints. Good luck!

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
The Royal Guard, you get a male Slowpoke named Elvis.

Elvis dreams of becoming a Slowking, but because you said no trades, he's cursed into becoming a Slowbro. As a Slowbro Elvis is only allowed to use physical moves and his ability must be Own Tempo. When you defeat Blue, you must teach him Trick Room, and he is to solo Red's Pikachu.

Now, should you decide that trading is OK, then Elvis's dream of becoming a Slowking can be fulfilled. As a Slowking his ability must be Oblivious (that Shellder on his head prevents Elvis from getting his groove on), and he must know either Swagger or Captivate at all times. Instead of soloing Red's Pikachu, he'll have to solo Red's Venusaur.

Good luck!

Well, we've reached Page 272, so it might be time to start talking about the Scramble Awards for page 300.

-Is there even enough interest to do Scramble Awards?
-Do we have any devoted members who would be willing to host? I could, but I know some people were unhappy with the job I did last time...
-Do we have enough great recent Challanges to give awards to?

EDIT: Have to be careful with what I post, I'm rapidly approaching my 1K. That's why I haven't posted any challanges myself lately.

Reserving for The Royal Guard and DarkMaelstrom.

The Royal Guard, you get Enrage the Houndour. (Note: Since you get it in Kanto on Route 7, this isn't going to come in until WAY later in the game.)

Houndour is just a normal Houndour, and when it evolves it's just a normal Houndoom.

Except for one thing.

It has an effect called Enrage. In case you are not familiar with Enrage, here it is:

Enrage: Damaged increased by +400%, Speed increased by +300%. All attacks never miss and always land a critical hit. Immunity to Taunt, Rage Powder and Follow Me, enhanced move selection smartness; obtains the effects of the Mold Breaker ability.

Enrage comes in after 8 rounds during any trainer battle. Thus, after 8 rounds:

-It must switch in, and stay in until either it or the opponent is KOed.
-It must use the move that has the most BAP, regardless of type effectiveness.
-If it manages to defeat the trainer, then Enrage wears off. After that happens, the Enrage timer is set to 9 rounds for the next battle. If this happens again, the Enrage timer will go up by one each time.

Houndoom must solo a Kanto gym leader after Enrage takes effect. If it also solos Red after Enrage takes effect, then Enrage need not activate again.

DarkMaelstrom, take Teleport the Abra.

Abra is a normal Abra, except that it is obsessed with the move Teleport. When it evolves into Kadabra, it must always keep Teleport, and it must use it first in every battle. After soloing 3 trainers, it may evolve into Alakazam. As an Alakazam, it is still obsessed with Teleport, and now must use Teleport the first TWO actions of every battle. Solo Fantina.

Celever

i am town
Altaver here again! Without further ado let’s get straight to it!
After teaching Beacon flash (or rather Beacon teaching himself flash!), I decided to do a bit of exploring, and I came across the gym! However, Clyde was blocking the way when I decided I’d look at the decoration and told me the gym leader, Burgh, had run off to find trouble! Suddenly, this small, purple haired (she looks too young to dye hair!) girl came over and told me that Burgh always wanders off after getting artist’s block! What is that? A symptom of ghalvanflunaria (the disease you obtain when you get bitten by a galvantula) or something? Anyway, this girl asked me who I was, and before I could answer she immediately said I know! You’re searching for team plasma. Then she said that they’re probably in castelia sewers and made me go there. When I entered, though, Dark made me follow him! Sigh… And that was when he began following me! XD Sometime after that, though, we ran into team plasma, and we both beat them – easily. Dark wanted to pursue them after stating that “they run like patrat” but then Burgh appeared out of magic and informed us that it would be of no use! So Dark and Burgh left but I decided to do some adventuring. Shortly after that, searching the sewers some more, I found an exit. I went up it and into some tall grass, and I found an eevee. This eevee was bouncing and running, pouncing but cunning and just looking at it I know that he must be mine. Then, there was a rattata, but I could tell that this was no regular rattata, his claws where sharper, shinier, his teeth were larger, more dangerous, and I had to capture it. I had to. After the captures, I decided to train them. And so I did. The gym leader battle with Burgh will be coming tomorrow, but for now I’d like to say that when I encountered Vee, he was kind of staring longingly at the sun. I noticed that he was also incredibly quite compared to other eevees, that’s right, Vee is going to turn into an espeon! No doubt the hardest to evolve though; along with umbreon.

Celever

i am town
A short update this time, mainly because I'm just grinding right now! :/ I'm wandering if I still want to do this! XD I've decided after my white 2 scramble then I'm going to make another scramble, a heartgold one this time, where I have only 2 pokemon. But that's for a month or 2! :/

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Small update.

Lost Area 7 four times in a row.

Some level-ups, Level Up learned Dragon Pulse, and Druddigon is starting to pull his weight.

That is all.

Yeah thanks for the updates everyone.

Oh and Ullarwarlord, you might just want to train a little, levels will quickly rise up to 80, and that is NOT fun, I can tell you. Especially because White seems to have a strong appetite for bulky mons in the higher levels, so prepare for them. Just saying that things like Slaking will get to be a problem, and what not. Anyway, you are in luck with white, so you can just spam battles against the breeders, who will always have two of the blissey line and tell you were the nurse is (unlike black, who does not have breeders). I wish you enough luck to beat the challenge, as I remember it to be hard enough with ingame pokemon. Just be sure to use the nurses VERY wisely, as area 9 and 10 might just prove to use up a lot of pp if you so happen to visit the wrong floors looking for the gate trainer. Also nice to see Lucario is still standing strong, as I intended him to be really strong. (seeing as you need at least one really strong team member in the white tree hollow)

And celever, nice to see beacon is still doing great. Just interesting to see it is still your "only" pokemon, at least up till now. I am just wondering why you are grinding so much, it shouldn't be necessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)