5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I am using the latest version of RNG Reporter (9.96.5 BETA). I am trying to find my DS parameters but can't get any results. The time and date of hitting the A button on main screen is November 26th 2012 at 19:40:25. My MAC address is CC9E00FFDCCD. DS type is 3DS. I'm playing Black 2 (English). I calculated the IV range of a boldore I caught in the last cave of victory road using sweet scent.
Here it is:
18-19/25/5-7/3-4/3-5/16-17

I did not check the soft reset button.
What could I be doing wrong? I would really appreciate your help.

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Here's my guesses as to what might have happened:
You took a step/did something to advance the IVRNG.
You were holding some buttons down while starting your game.
Your start time is incorrect.
Your calculated the IVs incorrectly.

Less likely but still might throw this out:
Your MAC Address is wrong
You aren't playing on an English version of Black 2 on a 3DS

To give you an idea what you should be looking for on English Black 2 on a 3DS you should see results of
actual seconds = seconds + 8, VCount = ad, Timer0 = 168a, GxStat = 6, VFrame = 8

Here's my guesses as to what might have happened:
You took a step/did something to advance the IVRNG.
You were holding some buttons down while starting your game.
Your start time is incorrect.
Your calculated the IVs incorrectly.

Less likely but still might throw this out:
Your MAC Address is wrong
You aren't playing on an English version of Black 2 on a 3DS

To give you an idea what you should be looking for on English Black 2 on a 3DS you should see results of
actual seconds = seconds + 8, VCount = ad, Timer0 = 168a, GxStat = 6, VFrame = 8
I believe it could be my starting time but let me point out the fact that I see no results when I hit search. I only have the seed encryption values which are automatically filled out. Plus, I calculated IVs using the Iv calculator on the RNG Reporter. Would starting the game the moment the clock reaches the next minute be the best option for me?

Finally got my parameters :)
I got the same results except for the timer0, for which I got 167C.

I am trying to RNG a flawless cresselia on my Black 2 and just wanted to make sure if what I am doing is right. My target frame is 6. This means I have to walk 128 steps with 5 pokemon in my party to advance the frame from 1 to 6. When I found my parameters I got 8 for the actual seconds. Does this mean I have to start the game 8 seconds earlier or later than my target time? This is the seed I got from Time Finder.
BFF08F5A430E276E
No keypresses.
Timer0 is 167C
Date/Time is 12/03/2012 17:29:39

Thanks in advance.

I fixed this issue last page. Go to your parameters, check all the keypress boxes. Run a search. Uncheck keypresses. You should be able to search normally after that.
I remember now that I did that too, but I didn't realize it was the reason Reporter unglitched. I was clicking and unclicking multiple settings at the time to see if anything would change the disappearing progress bar.

Trying to breed a dream world nidoran♂ on Pokemon Black, in Time Finder my target frame is 82 but in the RNG Reporter window, my target frame is 83 apparently? Which frame am I supposed to hit?

In the main page, you forgot to check the Nidoran / Volbeat box. You need to hit frame 82
Gotcha, and since I'm breeding Nidorans, should I pay more attention to the Species column or the Gender percentage column? I checked the Nidoran box and the percentage boxes are all male, but the species box says Nidoran-F\Volbeat

could you post screenshots?

yes
So I can just calibrate off my Unova link on the new DS? Also, what is the second difference again? Say the game tells me to start at 03:23:18. On the DS-phat I would've clicked it on the 17 second mark. When would I click for the 3DS? Lastly, where can I find an entralink abuse guide for BW2?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Gotcha, and since I'm breeding Nidorans, should I pay more attention to the Species column or the Gender percentage column? I checked the Nidoran box and the percentage boxes are all male, but the species box says Nidoran-F\Volbeat
the species column.

So I can just calibrate off my Unova link on the new DS? Also, what is the second difference again? Say the game tells me to start at 03:23:18. On the DS-phat I would've clicked it on the 17 second mark. When would I click for the 3DS? Lastly, where can I find an entralink abuse guide for BW2?
You mean to use the Unova Link method to find your parameters? I believe that method's still broken for the RNG reporter, you would have to use the PPRN. For a 3DS the delay is 8 seconds. 03:23:10.
I don't think there's one yet

When I searched for parameters a second time I got the exact result except for the timer0. My first search generated a timer0 of 167C and 1685 for the second one. What does this mean and which one should I use when RNGing?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
When I searched for parameters a second time I got the exact result except for the timer0. My first search generated a timer0 of 167C and 1685 for the second one. What does this mean and which one should I use when RNGing?
IN BW2, the amount of timer0s you can hit is well >10. That means you should calibrate until you know for sure which of them you hit more often.

Do the NPC's at marvelous bridge affect the frame advancements? Is the PIDRNG frame the same as the one you use for Standard IV method?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Do the NPC's at marvelous bridge affect the frame advancements? Is the PIDRNG frame the same as the one you use for Standard IV method?
I don't have my game with me right now, but there's an easy way to tell if they advance the PID. Stand in the area where the NPC is, if it doesn't move at all or if you can always predict how it is going to move(take a step or turn) then that NPC won't advance the PID. On the other hand, if the NPC is always taking erratic movements, you just can't tell how it is going to move, then that NPC is going to advance the PID. Keep in mind that Wandeing NPCs will still advance the PID in the area even if you can't see them, so don't think that only because they're off the screen they won't mess up with you.

The PID frame is NOT the same as the IV frame. The IV frame only controls the IVs of the Pokemon while the PID controls everything else.

I want to RNG cresselia on marvelous bridge and hit the highlighted seed, I have tried several times with no results.

Question

I want to extralink in white 2 and I already have my parameters.

According to page 1 there are no longer any c gear seeds. ( I presume i just use standard seeds instead.)

Do i just hit my seed in game, fire up the c gear and enter extralink then catch my poke?

Question

I want to extralink in white 2 and I already have my parameters.

According to page 1 there are no longer any c gear seeds. ( I presume i just use standard seeds instead.)

Do i just hit my seed in game, fire up the c gear and enter extralink then catch my poke?
Keeping in mind that Entralink IVs start on frame 26, and that the C-Gear still continuously advances the PIDRNG, yes.

I am trying to catch a flawless cresselia in pokemon black 2 on a 3DS. Here is my target seed:
B0A60236A46C0D64
Frame: 1
Date/time: 11/23/12 22:41:02
No keypresses.

I am using the latest version of RNG Reporter. I hard reset the game 8 seconds earlier and got the following Iv range 2 times in a row: 27/29/28-29/0-1/21-22/0. What does this indicate and what could I be doing that doesn't allow me to get the flawless cresselia?
Timer0 is 1688
Also using a bashful synchroniser.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)